View Single Post
  Old  January 26th, 2018, 3:03am     #2166
LuckyButterfly47
Senior Sweeper

Just need to vent a little. I'm so stressed out. We are selling our house - got a full-price offer on Sunday night and accepted Monday. Closing is March 30th. We need to find a house to buy so we don't become homeless, however, there is nothing on the market in our budget that even closely resembles what we are looking for. We are looking for a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, ranch style house with a 3 car garage on 1/2-1 acre within 10 miles of town for $200,000 or less. You wouldn't think that would be hard to find being that we live in the midwest but there is absolutely nothing out there. The other day we looked at a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom 2-story house with a one stall garage on barely 1/2 acrea. The house was a dump and they want $150,000 for it! What's worse is that's the cheapest 3 bedroom home on 1/2 acre or more that we can find listed. I don't know what we are going to do. The realtor said that the market should pick up in a few months and I sure hope that's the case. I'm really getting tired of living in limbo.

Also, in 2 weeks, we are going on vacation for 3 weeks. We booked this vacation a year and a half ago. It's a cruise and it's non-refundable. When we listed the house, we didn't realize it would take so long to sell (5 months). We thought we'd be all moved into our new house before Christmas. So now, we are selling a house, buying a house and going on vacation all at the same time.

On top of all of this, I decided to start a new business a few weeks ago. I'm selling customized t-shirts, mugs, pillows, leggings, hoodies, etc on Etsy and Amazon. At least I can put my Etsy store on vacation mode and Amazon runs itself but I still don't like the idea of abandoning my new business for 3 weeks. However, I'm very much looking forward to taking a break and relaxing on the beach with a margarita. Gosh I need it. I'm so stressed lately that I can't sleep and I've been eating so much junk food. Not good for me at all.

Luckybutterfly's 2019 Wins List