View Single Post
  Old  January 12th, 2009, 6:48pm     #67
Terfool
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by uclafan View Post
Funny you should bring up the Red Arrow Diner. I just saw the diner featured on the Travel Channel Samantha Brown's "Great Weekends". It does seem to have a cozy atmosphere and was also a MUST see on my Convention Check List.

Looking over the pie selection, I'll give their Brownie Cream Pie a shot. Hey maybe we can just have a pie buffet sampling each others selections. LOL For an Entree, I think one of their Blue Plate Specials actually served on a blue plate, perhaps American Chop Suey.

Will definitely walk from the hotel to the diner so I can work off some of these delicious treats. My Weight Watchers Way of eating may just go out the window when we make this trip.
Ok I am going to have to reconsider my choices. The blue plate specials sound
so good! UCLAfan...........I will be there for the buffet of pie! I say the heck with
the Weight Watchers for convention days. I also saw the travel channel special
with Samatha Brown. She also went to Flo's hot dogs. It is about half an hour away
in Portsmouth NH. We should consider meeting up at the Red Arrow. Dining with company
is always most enjoyable.

On another note, I would also like to check out the Frank Wright Lloyd house that
is in the area. I just finished reading the fiction novel [u]Loving Frank[u]. It is fiction but
based on a real love affair. Anyways, it has re-newed my interest in
his work.

Terry