Online-Sweepstakes.com

Online-Sweepstakes.com (http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com/index.php)
-   2007 NE Mini (http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Who's all coming??? (http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com/showthread.php?t=508670)

CARAN52 January 13th, 2007 6:41pm

Who's all coming???
 



Ok guys....let's get the list started of all who are coming!!! Hopefully, Brent will be able to make it to party with us this year. Plenty of advance notice Brent!!!


of course you know I'm in!!!



CARAN52
gracepap
kbsocial
positivelift and DW Lori
Sktngmom
Adrianita and DH Jeff
semtaylor
obxhatteraslight
sweepergirl70
ladyluck and SIL
CappoMan
blfbrat
cinnameist
dcreed
kdavis511
MareLake and DH Jim
demmi
steflink
csandfs
vrl007
Owendolyn and Robert
smokey4 and dh
Katmagick
holidayhippie

CARAN52 January 13th, 2007 6:50pm

Last year's attendance
 
for the first mini last year we had 214 registered attendees. If I remember correctly only 4 of them could not make it. It was a very comfortable group of sweepers and non-sweepers. We actually converted 2 non-sweepers to new sweepers that I know of off-hand all as a result of the fabulous speakers and the spirited attitudes of all of the sweepers attending. My own BF was amazed at how many people in the group had one cars, trips, big prizes, etc. as he was one of those non-believers that people do win until he met me and then went and mingled with the crowd.

On another note, do not be afraid to come alone!! There will be several probably posting here how we encouraged them to attend and they will tell you how quickly everyone bonded and how friendships had been quickly made right from the start that weekend.

The hotel was really beautiful and the food was fantastic. And if I am correctly informed we will be placed in the big ballroom closer to the vending area and hotel rooms so those with walking problems won't have as far to walk.

Once they post the hotel discount code I would highly encourage anyone planning on attending not only to send in your registration for the convention but to also be sure to reserve your hotel room.

Can't wait to see the group again and hopefully Fabio will be amongst the group. I have his twin picture in case the group can't make it this year, but I am sure they will break a leg to get there.

gracepap January 15th, 2007 10:49am

Batten down the hatches! I'm going! Hope you all can stand me! :laugh:

Just booked the hotel. Will send the registration $$ tomorrow. Woo hoo! Looking forward to it!

Was thinking of bringing hubby and kids (not to the convention though). They would hang out at the hotel and go shopping etc.

Do you know what time on Friday things start happening? If I wait for the kids to get out of school, then leave, we wouldn't get there until 6 or 7 pm.

On the other hand, I might leave all of 'em at home and just go myself! (might be a heck of a lot more fun too!) :laugh:

Grace

kbsocial January 15th, 2007 12:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by gracepap
Batten down the hatches! I'm going! Hope you all can stand me! :laugh:

Just booked the hotel. Will send the registration $$ tomorrow. Woo hoo! Looking forward to it!

Was thinking of bringing hubby and kids (not to the convention though). They would hang out at the hotel and go shopping etc.

Do you know what time on Friday things start happening? If I wait for the kids to get out of school, then leave, we wouldn't get there until 6 or 7 pm.

On the other hand, I might leave all of 'em at home and just go myself! (might be a heck of a lot more fun too!) :laugh:

Grace


Ohhhh Grace we are gonna have a great time:) I'm not exactly sure of the schedule for this year yet (positivelift will chime in I'm sure) - but last year a bunch of OLSers got together and had dinner at a pizza place across the street and I think the thing kicked off 7-8ish. There is plenty in the area for the family to do - but if ya leave 'em behind I promise what happens in Hershey, stays in Hershey :smile9:

Karen_246 January 15th, 2007 12:45pm

Maybe ~ fell through last year because of funds and illness, we'll see this year.

positivelift January 15th, 2007 2:58pm

Grace - I am so glad you are coming! :gvibes: We have been so busy trying to secure the hotel and stuff...we haven't talked about the schedule yet. But when we have it planned, OLSers will be the first to know! :)

RandomHelena January 15th, 2007 3:02pm

Where do I get more info???

kbsocial January 15th, 2007 3:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandomHelena
Where do I get more info???


http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/fo...d.php?t=507960

The other thread in this forum has all the info and registration:)

Sktngmom January 15th, 2007 4:05pm

This is so close to me that I can't pass it up. I've never been to anything like this, but it sure sounds like fun. I'll be alone, but hope to meet some people from OLS. If anyone is interested in sharing a hotel room to save on expenses send me a pm.

positivelift January 15th, 2007 4:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sktngmom
This is so close to me that I can't pass it up. I've never been to anything like this, but it sure sounds like fun. I'll be alone, but hope to meet some people from OLS. If anyone is interested in sharing a hotel room to save on expenses send me a pm.

You are absolutely correct! You cannot pass it up! I plan on seeing you at the convention. Ready for a ton of fun? :)

kbsocial January 15th, 2007 4:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sktngmom
I'll be alone, but hope to meet some people from OLS.

You will! There was a small group of us from OLS that always made sure to hang out together, sit together, etc - it will be SO fun!!

CARAN52 January 15th, 2007 6:26pm

Rob is a better one to chime in and keep abreast of the schedule, but as the person who ran the convention last year and with regard to bringing families: From approximately 7pm Friday night right through Sunday afternoon you will be tied up with the activities of the convention which you must be fully registered to participate. So in short - your family would be there and you'd only see the for breakfast and maybe a short period of time late Saturday afternoon. There is an age restriction which Rob can fill you in on for children registering to attend.

As they said on the previous posting, their program is not set yet. My recommendation would be that if any of the family is not planning on registering to have them stay behind unless they can deal with not seeing you for the entire weekend and you spend a small vacation a couple days before or after the convention touring the area. Hershey Park is not open during the day at that time of the year.

I highly encourgaged those who would have to come alone to go ahead and do it (or maybe grandma would babysit the kids) and bring the other half for a weekend. Lots of non-sweeping spouses attended last year, including my own. And now he is addicted and a a serious OLS sweeper.

To add to what KB said the people attending are not clicky and very, very open to new friendships. We did all hang out as an OLS group (I will be able to hang more this year -- trading ya Rob.)

you can PM me if you have any questions about things that happened last year and Rob is the Pro for this year.

Sktngmom January 15th, 2007 6:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbsocial
You will! There was a small group of us from OLS that always made sure to hang out together, sit together, etc - it will be SO fun!!

Sounds great. I can't wait to meet everyone.

Sktngmom January 15th, 2007 6:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by positivelift
You are absolutely correct! You cannot pass it up! I plan on seeing you at the convention. Ready for a ton of fun? :)

Yep, I'm ready for some fun :cheer7: My registration and check are ready to go out with tomorrow's mail.

gracepap January 15th, 2007 6:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by CARAN52
From approximately 7pm Friday night right through Sunday afternoon you will be tied up with the activities of the convention which you must be fully registered to participate. So in short - your family would be there and you'd only see the for breakfast and maybe a short period of time late Saturday afternoon.


Even better! :laugh: Can't wait!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 3:49am.