Online-Sweepstakes.com

Online-Sweepstakes.com (http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com/index.php)
-   2005 Convention (http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   2005 National Sweepstakes Convention OLS Lodging ~ Updated 1/19 (http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com/showthread.php?t=213558)

kbsocial January 11th, 2005 2:39pm

2005 National Sweepstakes Convention OLS Lodging ~ Updated 1/19

THE OLS RATE OF $59 IS NOW BOOKED

The convention is taking place at the Holiday Inn Convention Center - Airport in Moline Illinois on June 9-12.

However the Holiday Inn is already booked. I have just negotiated the price of $59 a night with the newly remodeled Quality Inn (formerly Hampton Inn) located right by the Holiday Inn. The Quality Inn has a free deluxe continental breakfast, high speed internet access in all rooms, outdoor pool, coffee maker, hairdryer, iron and ironing board in all rooms, as well as complimentary airport shuttle.

It's gonna be a great time!

I know the convention is pricey for a lot of people, I am hoping tons of you want to come and hang out with fellow sweepers and attend the convention if it is in your budget. If you wanna just come and hang out and not attend the convention, thats cool too - lots to do in the Quad Cities area and the Saturday evening banquet is only $35. Stay tuned to this forum for updated details!

Hoping to meet a lot of you there:)

HOTEL DETAILS

Quality Inn and Suites - Moline, IL

6920 27th Street
Moline, IL

309-762-1711

If you are planning on attending - BOOK YOUR ROOMS NOW as rooms are going fast!

Call the number above and refer to Group Account: OLS at a rate of $59. Let them know you want to be close to everyone, they will try to accomodate keeping us close together. Any rooms left as of 5/9/05 will be released to the general public.

I have been working with the sales manager and general manager - everyone has been fabulous to work with and I am glad we can give them our business.

OLS will also be sponsoring a reception on Friday night at the hotel ~ stay tuned for details on that:toast:

If there are any questions, please ask here or send me a PM!!

THE OLS RATE OF $59 IS NOW BOOKED

bewitched January 11th, 2005 3:38pm

Ohhhhh Yeahhhhhh!

$59 is a great price for a room. Thanks for the leg work KB!

:cheer7:

sweaty January 11th, 2005 3:55pm

Re: quality inn is booked too!

:mad2: quality inn is overbooked too--I'd love to go but I would depend on being able to walk to the events

kbsocial January 11th, 2005 4:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweaty
:mad2: quality inn is overbooked too--I'd love to go but I would depend on being able to walk to the events

I just spoke with the manager ~ they recently switched from Hampton Inn to Quality Inn and the booking systems then were saying they were full/overbooked when they went through the transition. I just called a second time after your post to make sure the dates I gave him (convention dates) were in fact available and they are. I will be speaking with the manager again tomorrow when he faxes me the contract to get the $59 rate. We were in the Quad Cities over the holidays and this hotel is walking distance (across the parking lot) from the Holiday Inn.

I will post the code and phone number tomorrow (or as soon as I get it:) ).

Kay19962 January 11th, 2005 7:20pm

Ok KB there is also a La quinta inn over there by the Holiday Inn if that helps any

kbsocial January 11th, 2005 7:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kay19962
Ok KB there is also a La quinta inn over there by the Holiday Inn if that helps any

Yup I originally tried the La Quinta Inn but got no where with any of them - I have spoken to the Quality Inn manager twice today and he assures me there are rooms.

kbsocial January 13th, 2005 12:25pm

I have posted hotel details in the first post - I would call ASAP as rooms in that area are going fast :smile9: Please let me know if you have any problems!

bewitched January 13th, 2005 1:20pm

Just booked my room. The woman I spoke with said she had just got off the phone with another OLSer!

YAY!
:cheer7:

risavjl January 14th, 2005 12:01am

Thanks for the info KB !

mariebow January 14th, 2005 12:54am

Maybe next time. :jet:

bewitched January 14th, 2005 2:45am

Hey Ms. KB, do you have an addy for the hotel? I would love to check it out online. See if it's up to my oh so high standards. You know, like does it have indoor plumbing? ;)

mechurchlady January 14th, 2005 8:04am

I am going to have to wait until the last minute. I wa thinking that four people could split the cost of a rental car and stay at a hotel farther from the event. I am a good driver and would do that for those who are not able to get around. There are probably some cheaper hotels outside the city.

kbsocial January 14th, 2005 8:29am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bewitched
Hey Ms. KB, do you have an addy for the hotel? I would love to check it out online. See if it's up to my oh so high standards. You know, like does it have indoor plumbing? ;)

Click where it says Quality Inn and Suites above - its a clickable link to the hotel website (plus the address is listed up there:laugh: ) And wouldn't you know it - it DOES have indoor plumbing:laugh: Also, according to the GM, it was all newly remodeled in 2004:)

bewitched January 14th, 2005 10:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbsocial
[color=DarkRed][size=2][font=Comic Sans MS]

Click where it says Quality Inn and Suites above - its a clickable link to the hotel website (plus the address is listed up there:laugh: )

But that's so HARD! I mean all that pointing and clicking. My finger might get a cramp. Besides, it's way too obvious.

Anyway, yeah, I'm a moron. Should have noticed it was a link.

Thanks for helping the idiot! The place looks SWELL!

:)

kbsocial January 14th, 2005 12:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bewitched
But that's so HARD! I mean all that pointing and clicking. My finger might get a cramp. Besides, it's way too obvious.

Anyway, yeah, I'm a moron. Should have noticed it was a link.

Thanks for helping the idiot! The place looks SWELL!

:)

I still love ya;) Idiot or not:laugh: