Online-Sweepstakes.com

Online-Sweepstakes.com (http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com/index.php)
-   Tips & Tricks (http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   How do I search if I won? (http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com/showthread.php?t=1471371)

TES283 November 16th, 2019 9:35am

How do I search if I won?

Is there an easier way to just google if I won at Blogs, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pininterest or other sweepstakes OTHER THEN going to the original site I entered at and looking all over to find out who won and if it was me?

Most send out a e-mail, but then I have to look at my Spam file to make sure they are not hiding there. How do I search my e-mail. Do I put into search field (win, winner, won, congratulations) ? I really am a novice at searching and at wild cards and figuring this out. Or is it "win" "won" and so on?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thank you.

plazamama November 16th, 2019 9:52am

I search my email congratulations, congrats and winner.

Barbg18 November 16th, 2019 11:04am

Yeah the search on email is good. Also do "you've won".

bjdotson November 16th, 2019 12:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by TES283 (Post 11689532)
Is there an easier way to just google if I won at Blogs, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pininterest or other sweepstakes OTHER THEN going to the original site I entered at and looking all over to find out who won and if it was me?

Most send out a e-mail, but then I have to look at my Spam file to make sure they are not hiding there. How do I search my e-mail. Do I put into search field (win, winner, won, congratulations) ? I really am a novice at searching and at wild cards and figuring this out. Or is it "win" "won" and so on?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thank you.

The only time I have seen that stuff searchable is when there was a hack or a company accidently posted personal information on entrants. They usually try not to do that. It's a privacy issue

d7dot November 23rd, 2019 10:15am

Yup, simply do a google search on (Your) Name Winner. For myself that brings up at least a dozen pages... E-Mail addy also works...

Any expectation of privacy after you have entered even one online sweeps or have any social media accounts, is pure fantasy. Your information is out there.... and the search Bots will find it.

karenl1920 November 23rd, 2019 7:19pm

I died

@d7dot: Except for 2 little wins this year (not counting the Coke debacle), I know I haven't won anything of note this year. Out of curiosity, I Googled (my name) winner.

The first result was the obituary of a younger (my name). I didn't think it was spooky or eerie; I actually laughed. Of course, I didn't laugh because that person had passed, but because it was Google's idea of winning. :confused:

Brittles November 25th, 2019 12:43pm

Even with having things set up to mark emails with congratulations, you won, winner, I still on occasion miss seeing things. In fact today I got a follow up email about a win notification from last Monday that I never saw. Was only for a book (one for me and one for a friend) and wouldn't have been terrible if I missed out on it, but still nice that they took the time to contact me again.

gargoyle November 25th, 2019 1:57pm

I search winn, congrat, confirm, verif, prize, and won in my emails. Also check for attachments.

plazamama November 26th, 2019 7:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brittles (Post 11692106)
Even with having things set up to mark emails with congratulations, you won, winner, I still on occasion miss seeing things. In fact today I got a follow up email about a win notification from last Monday that I never saw. Was only for a book (one for me and one for a friend) and wouldn't have been terrible if I missed out on it, but still nice that they took the time to contact me again.

I person once contacted me twice about a small $ prize, I didn't catch it til the second email. I was grateful. Some people are just very thoughtful.

Brittles November 26th, 2019 8:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by plazamama (Post 11692427)
I person once contacted me twice about a small $ prize, I didn't catch it til the second email. I was grateful. Some people are just very thoughtful.

This was actually the second time I had someone go through the trouble of contacting me again about a book win. Last year they sent me a message through FB telling me to check my email.