Online-Sweepstakes.com

Online-Sweepstakes.com (http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com/index.php)
-   Computer & Internet Stuff (http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Twitter is getting annoying (http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com/showthread.php?t=1377343)

jalapenomama December 8th, 2017 11:23pm

Two things that I think will help us with Twitte locks.
I use sweepstakeslist so I can change the o de of my tweets easily.
And I leave at least 5 if not 10 minutes between tweets.
Yes it is a nuisance but I am lea ning to wo k with it.
I think these two things makes us look less obotic.

jalapenomama December 8th, 2017 11:38pm

And I am sending a couple of pe sonal tweets daily.

tawnjun December 12th, 2017 1:33am

Hmm. Guess I will have to watch how quickly I am retweeting. Sending out some personal tweets as well. Got sorta locked out again today.

Greg62 December 12th, 2017 2:32am

I'm getting locked out every single day now, I had to confirm my phone number and change my password, and they still block me each day.

jalapenomama December 12th, 2017 8:56am

Quote:

Originally Posted by tawnjun (Post 11504040)
Hmm. Guess I will have to watch how quickly I am retweeting. Sending out some personal tweets as well. Got sorta locked out again today.

How do you get sorta locked out?

jalapenomama December 12th, 2017 8:58am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg62 (Post 11504045)
I'm getting locked out every single day now, I had to confirm my phone number and change my password, and they still block me each day.

I was getting locked out a lot also.
Figured out some tweets that were causing it and avoided those sites.
Left more time between tweets.
And send a couple of personal tweets daily.
This is helping a lot.

jalapenomama December 12th, 2017 9:00am

One more thing - I think that once we have had several lockouts Twitter has a watchful eye on us.
Kind of like being on probation.

tlcfromtn December 12th, 2017 9:30am

I was locked out a few days ago. I hardly use Twitter. I tweeted maybe 7 times since the beginning of this month. They said "Twitter has automated systems that find and remove automated spam accounts and it looks like your account got caught up in one of these spam groups by mistake. This sometimes happens when an account exhibits automated behavior in violation of the Twitter Rules" I tweeted from blog giveaways and a couple of retweets. I guess I'll skip the tweet entries from now on.

jalapenomama December 12th, 2017 9:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlcfromtn (Post 11504138)
I was locked out a few days ago. I hardly use Twitter. I tweeted maybe 7 times since the beginning of this month. They said "Twitter has automated systems that find and remove automated spam accounts and it looks like your account got caught up in one of these spam groups by mistake. This sometimes happens when an account exhibits automated behavior in violation of the Twitter Rules" I tweeted from blog giveaways and a couple of retweets. I guess I'll skip the tweet entries from now on.

Yep that is the response I get from Twitter also.
So few tweet you did I'm surprised you got locked.

tlcfromtn December 12th, 2017 10:58am

Quote:

Originally Posted by jalapenomama (Post 11504144)
Yep that is the response I get from Twitter also.
So few tweet you did I'm surprised you got locked.

I didn't understand it since I tweet so little. Weird

jalapenomama December 12th, 2017 5:53pm

I myself am developing Twitterphobia - couldn't resist saying that.

bomar97 December 20th, 2017 9:45pm

Well.. a few days in a row have been locked out over and over.. I do very few sweeps with tweets now.. but I know it's all because of those that you click "tweet" and then you get the entry points...

I really wish twitter would ban apps like that, or not lock everyone out who tries to enter a sweeps!

hare2Win December 20th, 2017 11:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bomar97 (Post 11506574)
Well.. a few days in a row have been locked out over and over.. I do very few sweeps with tweets now.. but I know it's all because of those that you click "tweet" and then you get the entry points...

I really wish twitter would ban apps like that, or not lock everyone out who tries to enter a sweeps!

I don't have any problems with twitter. I use the tweet function on forms if it may result in extra entries. Do you know what platform is giving you a problem? I rarely enter with rafflecopter and I rarely enter blogs.

jalapenomama December 21st, 2017 12:26am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bomar97 (Post 11506574)

Hmm wonder what is behind this?
I do not believe it has anything to do with what form to enter is used.
Gotta take that back - Gleam could be a part of the culprit.

Did you tweet one after the other?
That will cause a fast lock out for me.

Have you checked your Twitter apps to see what you have given permission to?

And it seems like just some of the tweeters are affected by lock outs and others can tweet without limit.

Yes this is quite puzzling.

jalapenomama December 21st, 2017 12:28am

And I think once you have had a few lockouts Twitter keeps a much closer eye on you.