Online-Sweepstakes.com

Online-Sweepstakes.com (http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com/index.php)
-   Computer & Internet Stuff (http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Twitter is getting annoying (http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com/showthread.php?t=1377343)

jalapenomama March 8th, 2018 4:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bomar97 (Post 11526496)
I don't do those sweeps.. I haven't been locked out since I stopped doing the Amazon.

OK thanks for your reply.

MiNiKE March 8th, 2018 6:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by jalapenomama (Post 11523011)
Has anyone been able to tweet at Millsy Loves Books without a lockout?

I've tweeted from Millsy here and there and haven't been locked out lately. The only recent lockout was at Romance Novels the other day. But I do them everyday and only occasionally get the lockout. I still have no idea what triggers it and why some days I tweet the exact same one and nothing will happen. Twitter is so weird sometimes.

Coastal Sunshine March 9th, 2018 10:57am

Last few days I can't tweet from Gleam or Rafflecopter, says it's a bot.

jalapenomama March 9th, 2018 6:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiNiKE (Post 11526516)
I've tweeted from Millsy here and there and haven't been locked out lately. The only recent lockout was at Romance Novels the other day. But I do them everyday and only occasionally get the lockout. I still have no idea what triggers it and why some days I tweet the exact same one and nothing will happen. Twitter is so weird sometimes.

Thanks so much for your reply.
Maybe I will try a Millsy giveaway.
I have been doing several of the Romance Novels giveaways without a problem.
Can't help but hold my breath.

jalapenomama March 9th, 2018 6:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coastal Sunshine (Post 11526645)
Last few days I can't tweet from Gleam or Rafflecopter, says it's a bot.

That's odd - hmmm wonder why?

Coastal Sunshine March 10th, 2018 9:29am

Quote:

Originally Posted by jalapenomama (Post 11526738)
That's odd - hmmm wonder why?

After further investigation, I seemed to have hit some kind of follower wall.

I wasn't near the max of 5,000 but the ratio of followers to following doesn't work for them.

Can't "unfollow" anyone, because that option is no longer there.

From what I can "google" the only way to fix the problem is to get MORE followers.

Or....start all over with a new twitter account.

If it ain't one thing it's something else.

:rolleyes3

Coastal Sunshine March 10th, 2018 5:47pm

So I sent twitter an email and got a reply back that my account is frozen and to do the following steps and they will send a text code to phone.

But the first item to do is to find the notice that my account is frozen and click start.....well there is no notice.

Sent another email....we will see.

Sirius_Moonlight March 11th, 2018 11:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coastal Sunshine (Post 11526855)
After further investigation, I seemed to have hit some kind of follower wall.

I wasn't near the max of 5,000 but the ratio of followers to following doesn't work for them.

If it ain't one thing it's something else.

:rolleyes3

I hate this problem. Then there are people here who ask for followers for a follow, but that doesn't help much since it doesn't actually change the ratio. Which is why I never understood people asking for this type of follow.

The bright side is that once you get past that wall, it doesn't stay a problem. It is a ratio, and I think it's 10% or so. Right now I have about 2,500 followers and follow around 3,100.

I use https://manageflitter.com/

It is a great, free service. You can pay for more unfollows, but you don't have to. The really nice thing is that it lays out all the people you're following. For me, I go there to delete the summer movie follows I've done and I also delete the ones that haven't followed back if their sweepstakes is over. Some you'll know right away, it could be seasonal or something.

First, of course, is getting this unlocked. Sorry I can't be more help with that.

Edit to add: Your Twitter Acct will get flagged and locked if you unfollow too many people at one time. I changed this sentence. Apparently ManageFlitter only lets you delete 35 in a day and then you have to get their subscription for more. It is nice to see who is not following you and if they are active or not. ManageFlitter will tell you the last time they tweeted.

Coastal Sunshine March 11th, 2018 12:46pm

Thanks for the help and the web site...still waiting on the second email.