Online-Sweepstakes.com

Online-Sweepstakes.com (http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com/index.php)
-   General Sweepstakes Discussion (http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Are Sweeps & Contests like a full-time job to you? (http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com/showthread.php?t=936690)

outwardspace September 28th, 2010 12:52pm

Are Sweeps & Contests like a full-time job to you?

Do you spend hours upon hours sweeping that it's turning into a full-time or part-time job? :bee::bee:

implode September 28th, 2010 12:56pm

I spend 3-4 hours a day, but have never rationalized it as being a job. To me to think of it as a job is kinda insane.

louiseb130 September 28th, 2010 1:08pm

I always joke to my friends that sweeping is my part time job! I don't need the income to live on, but it has provided me with a steady income to get the little extra things that I might not have otherwise been able to afford.

fangirl September 28th, 2010 1:10pm

I joke around that it's my second job. It helps others to understand that it's not all about luck. There is a lot of work to it too. Work that is a fun hobby!

Scooterino September 28th, 2010 1:14pm

Right now they are, because I'm unemployed. Before I entered the workforce again after being a SAHM, I would enter all the time, then I went back to work full time for the past 5 years and rarely had time to get one entry into each sweeps, let alone multiple entries! Now that I've been out of work for a month, I'm spending about 3 hours each day entering. It's been fruitful though and reinstated my excitement for sweeping~!

ResourcePress September 28th, 2010 1:24pm

The sweeping is pretty quick for me, so it doesn't seem like a job. But the contesting takes up a bunch of time, and it can seem like a part-time job. The payoff has been the cat's meow :kitty: since it's helped me put our kids through college and given us meet&greets that we would have never been able to buy.

mom2anutball September 28th, 2010 1:28pm

I don't really look at it like a job, but I do look at it like its my contribution to our home. Without sweeping, my kids wouldn't have had much for their birthdays this year. :goofy3:

bdc63 September 28th, 2010 1:30pm

some days I put WAY to much time into this hobby.

mrstrooper September 28th, 2010 1:47pm

Think of it as just a fun, rewarding hobby!

fly18grl21 September 28th, 2010 1:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2anutball (Post 9525794)
I don't really look at it like a job, but I do look at it like its my contribution to our home. Without sweeping, my kids wouldn't have had much for their birthdays this year. :goofy3:

I look at it the same way. Plus occasioanly we get a vacation out of it from a trip win. But this is not my source of income. HA I would be in the poorhouse.

chancebunny September 28th, 2010 2:28pm

I don't spend that much time sweeping, but even when I'm pressed for time or don't have the inclination to sweep, I feel compelled to enter some anyway. So, in that sense, sweeping is sort of like a job. I certainly don't depend on it to make a living, epsecially these last two years when I have won very little.

ringois September 28th, 2010 2:29pm

I think of it as a fun, and sometimes rewarding, hobby. IMHO, if it starts feeling like "work" then it's time to slow down. LOL

obxhatteraslight September 28th, 2010 3:13pm

That was

Quote:

Originally Posted by ringois (Post 9525920)
I think of it as a fun, and sometimes rewarding, hobby. IMHO, if it starts feeling like "work" then it's time to slow down. LOL

what I was thinking.:faces::faces:

dementeddoll September 28th, 2010 3:56pm

it only feels like work at the end of the month when i see 1100+ ending!

cpnqn September 28th, 2010 7:51pm

in some ways...

I'm reading this while I'm so sick I don't even WANNA enter- yet, I wanna stay up on what's happening around here so I am trying to read & focus for it. In that way- yes, it can be work.

However, I actually ENJOY it because it's one of few things I do completely for ME (while it's typically going to others in my house, it's still for ME).

I'm a super nerd, so it's not unusual for me to be way deep in any hobby I do. When I first bought the house, it was months of sewing curtains & quilts for every holiday & room. When I couponed, it was hours plugging in spread sheets & learning bar codes. When I do ANYTHING I'm 110% if not more. I was a workaholic when I worked, I still am- now, I just have my family to work for.

I don't FEEL like these things are work though as I enjoy the feeling of finding an posting a new sweep & then, <SOMETIMES> seeing someone here win it (I say sometimes, because others make me wanna scream I wanted that! lol.) I like UPS & Fedex getting the hang of where I live- though being so sick today, I was grumbly when fedex showed up TWICE before noon as I'm medicated & barely moving to my door. (Expected packages tho, why he didn't get them all here the first time, I dunno!) Nothing makes me more giddy than new electronics, or kitchen items- I'm totally hoping kraft or some other major brand decides to team up with a major kitchen supplier & start tossing out beautiful new stove/ovens or something else fancy to cook their products with. I LOVE seeing those types of promotions where you are just floored- it's genious! Like a laundry soap company that actually is giving away a washer & dryer to USE the newest products they make with it? LOVE IT!

I also learn ALOT because I'm reading alot. Knowing about the latest items and goings on- is something I enjoy. My friends & family use my knowledge of these things as well when it's time to go in for purchases.

I rarely had this much fun working- although, I did love my job I could have done without office politics or brown-nosing-ladder-climbers. Some of that goes on here- but, for the most part I can tune it out if I choose to. If I don't like the sweeper doing it, I don't HAVE to communicate with them- unlike my office.