Rate this Entry

Great Doc Visit

Posted February 12th, 2008 at 4:02pm by catlady13711
I had such a great doc visit today with my uro, I just had to post an update. The kidney stones that I have that are too big to pass have actually settled down the past few days and the pain has dropped quiet a bit. I am so thankful for that but ive had some other problems with the Interstitial Cystits and stress and it has caused me to flare again.

My uro has to be the best uro in the world! he said it wasnt clear if I had an infection (they are sending it to another lab to find out for sure) since the syptoms of the IC are similar to a bladder infection but gave me a prescription for some cipro and also refilled the pain meds and also gave me some valiums to help relax the bladder which work quiet well.. but what he done next still has me trippin... He has been allowing me to come to his office and charge the visits so when I get my ssi finally, we can file all this on the insurance which will pick it all up. But, at the same time, ive been trying to keep the bill as low as possible just in case I end up having to pay for it myself.

So, there is a procedure done with bladder instilliations that really help the IC alot.. they kinda numb the bladder up and help the spasms stop. He asked me what he could do to help me since i was flared and I asked how much those instilliations were. he said around $600.. I said well, nevermind then, i dont want my bill to get that high. Then, he said, "If that will help you, Id be more than happy to give you one at NO CHARGE!" I looked at him and said really? lol.. couldnt believe he offered that. He told me he had never seen a patient that excited about a bladder instilliation but was happy to do it if it would give me some relief. They really hurt when they give them cause you have to be catherized so im sure most are not happy about that. LOL

I am still shocked that he was willing to do that and it really made my day.. I just had to blog about it.. someone needs to know what a wonderful doc I have and what a wonderful thing he done for me. he also told me he would do another one in a week or so if I was still flared and to let him know, again, at no charge.

I think the reason alot of things are starting to turn around for me has to do with the positive energies, prayers, etc that are being sent my way from all the wonderful peeps here at OLS, so thank you to all of you, from the bottom of my heart.

OK.. done singing his praises now.. off to get some sweeping done.
Total Comments 3

Comments

Old
What a great doc to do that for you!! I hope you are feeling better!
Posted February 12th, 2008 at 7:20pm by Jellenholder Jellenholder is offline
Old
That is awesome! What a nice doctor to offer a sample treatment like that. I really hope it helps!
Old
That's wonderful! I'm glad to hear it went so well. What a nice doctor!

Recent Blog Entries by catlady13711