Sweepstakes Articles Read sweepstakes tips and advice that I have written.
Old

GMA Slams Online Sweepstakes - And My Response

Posted April 20th, 2010 at 3:55pm by wolflady26
Good Morning America recently did a segment about online sweepstakes. The idea was that they'd enter all of those scammy pop-up giveaway offers and ads and see if any of them were legitimate. Unsurprisingly, they found that they weren't.

But there were a lot of problems with their experiment, and they ended up sounding like all sweepstakes were pointless, resulting only in a "big spam sandwich," as the GMA hosts gleefully crowed.

I wrote about the segment...
Senior Sweeper
Old

Discussion about 'Deal or No Deal' Sweepstakes Lawsuit

Posted April 29th, 2008 at 1:00pm by wolflady26
As some of you may have noticed, the Deal or No Deal Sweepstakes has been suspended due to a lawsuit about the legality of collecting premium fees ($0.99 on top of regular charges) to enter by text message. A free online method of entry was also offered.

I've written an article today about the court case, why it was dismissed, and some of the larger issues surrounding it. If you're interested in reading it, check out my post, Georgia Court Dismisses Deal or No Deal Sweepstakes Lawsuit....
Senior Sweeper
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Want to Enter Sweepstakes Faster?

Posted April 28th, 2008 at 8:40am by wolflady26
I'm always looking for great new ways to enter sweepstakes faster and maximize my chances of winning. I've compiled a bunch of tips in my new About Contests article, Faster Sweepstakes Entry - How to Enter Sweepstakes in Half the Time. I'm hoping that some of you will find the tips and advice useful.

Do you have a favorite tip to improve your sweepstakes time that I've overlooked? Feel free to email me at contests.guide@about.com or to follow the link in the article to read the tips...
Senior Sweeper
Old

How to Get Less Spam Emails

Posted February 29th, 2008 at 8:36am by wolflady26
Over time, every sweepstakes email address that I've ever had has eventually gotten clogged with spam and scams. Have you ever wondered where spammers get your email address? My article, Protect Your Email from Spam and Scams covers some of the most common methods, and how to protect yourself from them.
Senior Sweeper
Old

All About Age of Majority

Posted February 24th, 2008 at 5:52am by wolflady26
Have you ever seen sweepstakes that list "age of majority" for their entry restriction instead of a specific age? Did you wonder what that really meant? If so, check out my article, Age of Majority Defined. You'll find out what the age of majority is, and why some sweepstakes use it instead of an exact age.

If you're wondering what the border is in your region, check out Age of Majority by U.S. State or Age of Majority by Canadian Province for more information.
Senior Sweeper