Rate this Entry

Shopping for Men Only

Posted April 19th, 2008 at 11:37pm by lisacocuzza
I enjoyed a pedicure today. I picked a fun color polish from Dazzle Dry, Honeysuckle. It’s a pretty golden yellow color. I was so excited to see it on my toes. It looks great. It’s different than what I am used to but I was in the mood for something new and I am glad that I chose it. It’s so fun! I took along the May issue of trade publication Beauty Store Business. This is the Men’s issue. “Color His Hair” by Victoria Wurdinger gives us some fast facts about the male shopper: More than half of all guys buy their own products. The new buzz word “menergy” has replaced “Metrosexual” in the men’s marketing arena. Men don’t want a ton of SKU’s. (That term means Stock Keeping Units). Less product choices with clear cut differences are what men want. Guys prefer quick, easy self serve situations which mean that products have to be self explanatory. Most men shop for grooming products where they can buy other products. Male shoppers are cynical and practical. They are also loyal once they like a product. This issues gallery spotlights products including two of "It's a Glam Thing" spomsor's products, Abrione’s Cell Enhancer Hydro Gel Moisturizer and Nutra Luxe MD PLUS’ Men Only Daily Moisturizer and Skin Protection with SPF 30 and Men Only Wrinkle Serum.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MO MOISTURIZER.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	46  
Total Comments 0

Comments

Recent Blog Entries by lisacocuzza