PDA

View Full Version : OLS Clear Channel Money Tree Update

Pages : [1] 2

Brent
December 25th, 2003, 9:31pm
Hi guys,

I really don't know anything more than anybody else does as far as the final results of the Clear Channel Money Tree contest goes. You can see what appears to be the final leader board here:

http://www.wtue.com/cc-common/rts/mtree/

OLS
(7076 members)

INFAMOUS
(5574 members)

OT.com
(3933 members)

The Tree
(2713 members)

Hope
(1628 members)

"Unofficially" at least it looks like our tree won by 1500 members after being behind by about 600 members just the night before. Emailing all our site's members and adding the link in between each sweep listing is what really made the difference- we added 2300 members in the last 24 hours of the contest. What, were you guys worried? :laugh:

I imagine they'll take a few days to a few weeks to calculate the official totals. It's hard to tell exactly what they'll do for sure, but I would assume they would have some sort of policy/mechanism in place to weed out ineligible entries including those that were received after the December 22nd 11:59pm ET deadline. It looked to me like they kept accepting new entries at least 12 hours after the contest was supposed to end (which isn't uncommon for sweeps to do). Once they determine the official numbers, they'll begin notifying the winners and I'd guess that will be the first time any of us hear who the official winners are.

Sometime during the middle of the contest the Overall Referrals Leader board stopped updating daily and kept showing loopynet (yours truly) as the leader with 1701 some-odd referrals. But my referral totals were updated in the daily Contest Update emails I received and they always said I was in first place. According to the last email, I ended up with a total of 6425 referrals.

To be perfectly honest with you, I never thought I would have a very good chance at winning the million dollars (assuming I'm declared the referrals winner in the end). A 1 in 455 chance to win a million dollars (a 40 year annuity) is great odds for a million dollars of course, but realistically the chances are still slim. That's about the same odds as me picking a specific month out of the next 38 years and you correctly guessing it. The best I think I can reasonably hope for is winning the $100 (odds - 1:2.3) or the $1,000 (odds - 1:12.6) prize and getting the chance to mention the web site a couple of times on national radio. Regardless of how well I do with the Grand Prize, the biggest thrill for me is seeing 600 of our community members win $50 a piece and one of our members win $500. That's what mattered to me more than anything else.

Thanks to everybody's help and support, I think it's pretty safe to say we're going to end up pulling this one off. Whether you helped encourage others to enter, or simply joined our money tree, you all deserve and great big pat on the back, because it's that crucial support of and loyalty to our own community that made all the difference in this contest, much like it makes all the difference in our web site. And for that I can't thank you all enough. Thank you, thank you, thank you, and congratulations to everyone who was a part of our tree because I really think we all won this together, as a team, and even though not everyone is going to receive a prize, we should all feel warm and fuzzy inside knowing that we helped 600 of our fellow members win $50 each (plus one additional $500 winner). We all came together when we needed to and I think that says a lot about the quality, character and members of our community. I for one couldn't be prouder. :bow:

I don't want to be premature in declaring ourselves the winners of course, but IMHO it sure looks like we're in the best position (to say the least) to be declared the official winners when all is said and done. As soon as I hear anything, I'll be sure to let everybody know asap. :gvibes:

Thanks again everybody! We did good, real good! :cheer4:

:dance:

Brent

whist
December 25th, 2003, 9:44pm
WOOHOO!!! Thats GREAT Brent that you possibly won the referrals TOO!!! Way to go to everyone else who helped/entered or are potential winnazz..myself included..hehe!!!!!!! :smile9: :gvibes: :clap: :cheer4: :cheer6: :grouphug:

CharmedHour
December 25th, 2003, 9:48pm
Merry Christmas, Brent and glad you are feeling a little better! What wonderful news about the contest! :cheer3:

viperlily
December 25th, 2003, 9:55pm
Good for you Brent! I never posted about it, but I made sure to do my share in helpin' our man out! ;) Glad to see everyones plea's to others to join helped out! Good luck, sounds promising for sure!

shortman
December 25th, 2003, 9:56pm
Woohoo :)

The Seahorse Lady
December 25th, 2003, 9:59pm
You rock! We all rock together as a great family. What a perfect end to a perfect Christmas day.

Super congratulations and BRAVO Brent! I am proud to be a part of this fine community.

Yahoo!

:cheer7: :jump: :dance: :bluesbros :grouphug:

Feisty Girl
December 25th, 2003, 10:05pm
You deserve to win!!! :cheer7: :cheer7: :cheer7: :cheer7: :cheer7:

cbar
December 25th, 2003, 10:14pm
:royal: Sounds super good, Brent! Sure was glad to see the alerts you put up, I think they helped alot! We still have the "WINNINGEST" site available.....in more ways than 1! OLS ROCKS! Hope your enjoying your holidays! :gvibes:

ladylynna
December 25th, 2003, 10:15pm
Betcha the members here go wild when it's official as we know it will be :cheer7: :cheer7: :cheer7: :cheer7: :cheer7:

WTPoohLover
December 25th, 2003, 10:17pm
Yea for OLS and Brent!!!! We rock, and we can do anything we put our minds to. What a great community we are!

Roadrunner445
December 25th, 2003, 10:20pm
Thanks Brent for all of your hard work and dedication as our leader!!!!! The little extras made all the difference. Good luck on winning the $1,000,000. You really deserve it!!!!!
We will all be pulling for you. Once again thanks!!!!!
:clap:

ccat45
December 25th, 2003, 10:24pm
Thanks for posting Brent and I hope you're feeling better (heard you were sick) and I'm thinking of May 2019 and if you were thinking the same month and year then you've got it made to pick the 3 envelopes.

noelleray
December 25th, 2003, 10:25pm
whoo hoo,hopefully you hear something soon!

elainmir
December 25th, 2003, 10:28pm
See once again we ROCK.....Thanks alot for all you do Brent....

Mike
December 25th, 2003, 10:50pm
a premature Congrats! :cheer7: to you Brent and all of the OLS members! :cheer4:

tawneej
December 25th, 2003, 10:55pm
Yay, us! :cheer4:

phoebe
December 25th, 2003, 10:58pm
whatever the outcome...what a great community effort...WTG everyone!

Scary Snarky toaD
December 25th, 2003, 11:11pm
Alright! Finally a word from The Man about not getting a word. Seems to me those Tree promotors would have sent the top few trees some quick email at least letting you guys know whether you gotta wait more than two weeks to hear the final "score." But I guess that's par for the course!

I'm crossing my fingers that we did indeed "pull it off"! Either way, though, it was fun having us all work together on something -- nice to see our numbers really can accomplish a lot!

Thanks for coming in here on Christmas, Brent, to give us a heads up and enjoy rest of the holidays!

SeaDebi
December 25th, 2003, 11:16pm
Brent---

You are truly a wonderful man---What thoughtful/kind words~
I am 100% sure you will have all the karma you need---- from all your members to pull this one off--
You know that we are all going to be saying prayers, lighting candles, rubbing 4 leaf clovers, I of course will be saying prayers to my "Butterball-- Turkey Bobble Head" (yes, he is my lucky charm) when *YOU* are chosen to pick the envelopes~~

Good Luck Brent--It couldn't have happened to a BETTER/NICER person~

IrishSix
December 25th, 2003, 11:18pm
Brent,

What great news! Will keep those fingers and toes crossed still! I am really happy for you and ALL the OS members that pulled together!

dianella
December 25th, 2003, 11:22pm
WOW!! SWEEEEEET!! I HOPE YOU WIN THE COOL MILLION !! OLS ROCKS!!! Get well soon :)

rogermaier
December 25th, 2003, 11:25pm
You Da Man!!!!

Alberquerque
December 25th, 2003, 11:28pm
Thanks Brent. You realy are one in a million (or even trillion-quadrillion etc. etc.)

Donald Robertson
December 25th, 2003, 11:34pm
Good luck Brent you deserve to win the million after all the wind you helped us get.

JoyfulNois
December 25th, 2003, 11:44pm
Good Luck, Brent! My fingers, toes, and eyes are all crossed for you! (Well....maybe not the eyes. That hurts.) Pre-Congratulations!
:cheer3: :cheer10: :cheer3:

HoneyDo
December 25th, 2003, 11:48pm
Congrats to all of you 602 winners :drip: .
I did a couple for the group,But I will not get anything for it:(
At least I get to play on here for while longer.
Miles
:drip:

Rclinite
December 25th, 2003, 11:51pm
Way to go Brent and all the members yipppeeeee :jump: :jump: :jump: :cheer7: :cheer7:

Kimmiepie007
December 26th, 2003, 12:09am
Wonderful and best of luck at the Million :jump:

rojo13864
December 26th, 2003, 12:16am
Feel better fast Brent! I hope they notify you quickly..the suspense is terrible! In any case, everyone really pulled together and promoted this awesome site and all the members. I can't think of a nicer belated Christmas Present then to have you declared the Winner and then win the million..lol...It was exciting, right down to the last second. You ROCK..All of OLS is simply off the ratings chart..if there was such a thing. I'm proud and so thrilled to be a tiny part of this. Whoo Whoo!! :cheer7: :cheer7:

vanessakb
December 26th, 2003, 12:24am
Way to go Brent! :cheer7: :cheer7: :cheer7: :cheer7:

skyhoneybear
December 26th, 2003, 12:29am
Go Team

Marilyn
December 26th, 2003, 4:20am
Yippee! Hope you get the million! :cheer7:

mvir9
December 26th, 2003, 4:55am
I am simply amazed at how well we pulled through!!!! I was nearly biting my nails off the last day of the contest! Brent, I sincerely hope you win the million -- you've been wonderful, your site is wonderful, and considering the oodles and oodles of money & prizes you've helped others win (through this site), I say you have more than earned it! Congratulations a MILLION times over!

mykansascat
December 26th, 2003, 6:35am
Well, Brent, this seems to call for congrats to you and all your loyal OLS members. Just a great bunch of people.

Even if you don't get the mil, $1,000 isn't shabby and $100 is spendable!! Hope we win, can't wait to spend my $50 :smile9:

Again..major congrats to everyone for a true team effort...whatever the outcome. :gvibes:

Hernan
December 26th, 2003, 6:41am
Brent, I hope that you won the big one. If so, the least we expect is a postcard from somewhere in a Pacific Island...Good luck!

dakins64
December 26th, 2003, 6:53am
MERRY CHRISTMAS BRETT AND EARLY CONGRAT HERE TOO!! WISHING YOU THE BIG ONE!! I LOVE OLS!!! :gift:

LaWiz
December 26th, 2003, 7:09am
Merry Christmas Brent and good luck at winning the Mil!!! :gvibes: :gvibes: :gvibes: Great job everyone!!!!

eyowyn
December 26th, 2003, 7:17am
Too cool!!!!!!!!!!

DMH_HRH
December 26th, 2003, 7:51am
First we win this contest and next what could we all do as a team! Great work team espically you fearless leader Brent! Hail to the chief! :cheer3:

skpaw
December 26th, 2003, 8:19am
I sure was hoping you would win Brent! I went to the radio station site on 12-25 and there was nothing there. I was hoping to see us declared as winners. (I was member 700 or something like that so I don't get money, but I sure hope you do!!) Yeah!!!

:cheer7: :cheer7: :cheer7:

Sabra505
December 26th, 2003, 8:30am
Proud to be a part of a great team effort - real proud of you Brent!
still biting fingernails!

:cheer7: :jump: :jump: :cheer7:

sirlancelot27
December 26th, 2003, 8:38am
Entering my name was the least I could do for OLS. I knew I wouldn't be one of the winners...but I hope that you are. OLS is an increbible site and I am very thankful for all of the work you and others put into it. I had become discouraged with sweeping and this site renewed my passion. THANK YOU! Congratulations!

agcshort
December 26th, 2003, 8:42am
:clap: :clap: :clap: I'm so proud! :clap: :clap: :clap:

jeanmarie
December 26th, 2003, 8:46am
So what's the next project? It seems that as a group, we can do anything!!!!!

dakins64
December 26th, 2003, 9:27am
support of and loyalty to our own community, That Was Put Nicely!! BUT YOU LEFT OUT OUR SUPPORT TO OUR GREAT WEBMASTER!! OUR COMMUNITY WOULDN'T BE SO GREAT WITHOUT YOU!!! THANKS FOR THIS SITE AND FOR BEING OUR WEBMASTER!! I AM WISHING YOU THE MILLION!!! :gvibes:

carp911
December 26th, 2003, 9:34am
If OLS wins I hope that the 600 $50 winners will paypal a little support for you Brent, sending some vibes your way for the million though. Thanks for a great site. Happy holidays.

SweepingBeauty
December 26th, 2003, 9:36am
I sure hope we do win the dough. It would be a nice bonus for all the hard work you do Brent. I was pleased to see I had an e-mail message from the webmaster-that was a good idea. I had joined within the first few days and was able to sign up DH towards the end of the sweeps. Keep us posted-what a wonderful Christmas!

grasslady
December 26th, 2003, 10:15am
Congrats Brent And All The Ols Members!!! We Did It I Hope!! Brent I Hope You Win The Million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):)

Tametaz
December 26th, 2003, 10:45am
Good Luck Brent!!!! LEts hope you walk away with the casH!!!!!!!!!!!!

sweepmama
December 26th, 2003, 10:56am
Thanks for all you do Brent. This is the best site!!! I do truly hope you and some of our other rockin members walk away with some cashola!!!!

FaithHopeJoy
December 26th, 2003, 10:57am
Thanks for everything Brent! I was not one of the first 600 but I am glad I could help out those that were. I hope you get a million!!!

Ruth

Boosbear
December 26th, 2003, 10:59am
:dance: :dance:

Tanasi
December 26th, 2003, 11:02am
And whatever the outcome, I want to say a special thanks to all the members who were not among the first 600, yet worked so hard to put us on top!! THANKS !!!!! :)

dpwwin
December 26th, 2003, 11:05am
Thanks Brent for the update! Hope you had a Merry christmas and thank you for all you do for us!!!

bkstar
December 26th, 2003, 11:11am
You rock Brent!! This is a wonderful website with wonderful members!!!Happy New Year to all!!!

JarnocanME
December 26th, 2003, 11:34am
Tree OLS
Rank 1
Members 7,076
Place in tree 5509
Referred By Riley, Brent (brentriley@loopy.net)
Created Wed Nov 12 15:12:43 2003
YEA , that's cool, I joined early but didn't sign for updates til the end, also got my family etc. to sign up but just by linking through our site. I think we joined around 2-300 th but my rank is 5509. My son and daughter , who joined after me and never looked back at all, are in the 1700's. I don't really know what that means, must be pretty random.. I don't mind but it is kind of weird.. I won enough stuff though here that I sure can't complain. Hope ya all had a nice Christmas!!1

JarnocanME
December 26th, 2003, 11:41am
Hmm, just check my husband who was the LAST of my immediate family to sign up and he ranks 299th. If he wins $50 he best take me out to dinner with it:)

SusanC
December 26th, 2003, 11:53am
Being a avid sweeper and "sweeper supporter" - I encourage any behavior that will lead to a fellow sweeper win!! Congrats to entire OLS gang and Brent!! May this be the beginning of good fortune for all in 2004.

HAPPY SWEEPS YEAR!!
SusanC

Gaylep
December 26th, 2003, 12:00pm
Woo Hoo for Brent and All the OLS members!!!
Can't wait to hear!!

Teddybear
December 26th, 2003, 12:02pm
Way to go Brent. Asking for support in the last few hours was a master stroke which didn't give the opposition a chance to respond. That win has to make you the highest ranked winner here. Congrats for having such a loyal and exciting list of members that stood behind you.

ML
December 26th, 2003, 12:26pm
Congrats Brent and all OLS members!! What a team! :supstar:

jenssequa
December 26th, 2003, 12:30pm
Awesome dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats in a big way..hope you win the big do-re-mi....

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!

strchld
December 26th, 2003, 12:31pm
I wasn't worried..I knew we would pull it off! :toot: WTG Brent!!! Wishing you all the luck in the world when you pick for the million!!!! :cheer:

irish501
December 26th, 2003, 12:34pm
Congrats early Brent! It could not happen to a nicer person or a nicer group of people! :cool2: :cool2: :cheer7:

starwishes67
December 26th, 2003, 12:51pm
Woohooooo for all OLS'ers and Brent! I can't explain how warm and fuzzy it made me feel, to watch everyone join together for this common goal! Especially towards the end; all the ppl who joined knowing that they weren't in the first 600..WTG!!! :cheer7:

kittyhello72
December 26th, 2003, 1:04pm
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF US!! i really hope Brent wins the million BUT I am just really glad that we kicked INFAMOUS' butt!!!! oh the bragging rights we have! he must have been stunned to see those totals!! HAHAHAHHA

tiffnat
December 26th, 2003, 1:27pm
BIG YEAAAA!!!! :cheer7:

respira
December 26th, 2003, 1:44pm
Woohoo!!! We Rule!!! :jump: :jump:

avalanche
December 26th, 2003, 2:03pm
Keeping :gvibes: :gvibes: :gvibes: :gvibes: going..

TrishMc107
December 26th, 2003, 2:08pm
Good luck. Good thoughts your way for the million.

amy2951
December 26th, 2003, 5:28pm
Brent, I have been here in one form or another for many years, and I have to say, you are really loved! Hopefully, you will win, but I think you already did, with all the team work from your supporters. Hopefully, I will be able to contribute more, time, effort myself,just wanted to say Thank you again.

vacyn
December 26th, 2003, 6:59pm
Congratulations all around! :jump: Couldn't happen to a ncier bunch of folks.

Having seen what we can accomplish when we put our minds to it...does anyone have a dream about things this community could accomplish in 2004? A dollar target in prizes won? Number of Big Wins reported? New Members added? (Btw, if anyone still felt a need to answer that thread from a certain disgruntled one about growth narrowing their chances of wins, the Money Tree Contest is a sure-fire example of good things coming from growth. :wink4: )

They say the best way to keep momentum rolling is to always aspire to a new target :)

coljim
December 26th, 2003, 7:19pm
Congrats to everyone. This is truly the besrt sweepstakes community!!

December 26th, 2003, 7:24pm
i knew we,d do it now all we need is for brent to keep the mojo going GOOD LUCK, WIN THAT MILLION !!!!

katieco
December 26th, 2003, 7:24pm
This is great news. I have been really sick myself so I wasn't sure how it ended up. Good luck picking the right envelopes Brent! We are pulling for you!

kagajm
December 26th, 2003, 11:44pm
:bounce: Hooray!! Way to go!! Congrats!!! :bounce:

wrreck
December 26th, 2003, 11:52pm
WHOO HOO to Brent and everyone here at OLS!! Glad to be a part of it!!! :jump: :jump: :jump:

steelbarrow
December 26th, 2003, 11:56pm
Nice work Brent :toot:

Reeneigh22
December 27th, 2003, 1:14am
:cheer: :cheer:

Hooray!!!

simmi5
December 27th, 2003, 2:10am
This site is the best, and I'm truly hoping that Brent wins the "big bucks". I congratulate anyone who gets the $50 for being among the first 600. I had six of my family members sign up, and our signups were long past the 600 mark, more like 2670 or so. But I was SO happy to be a part of putting Brent at the top....he deserves it for all the work he does here. I thought the reminders between each sweeps listing was a stroke of pure genius, and apparently it worked! What a wonderful group of people here on this site. On my birthday yesterday, I had private messages from people I didn't even know and have never dealt with that took the time to say happy birthday....I thought that was amazing! In a world where it seems that no one ever wants to help someone out, it's so nice to see a group of people pull together for a common, unselfish cause. You people are AWESOME!
Good Luck, Brent!! I'm pulling for ya!!

Krystal
December 27th, 2003, 3:17am
Wtg Ols

Brent Rocks!!!!!!!!!!

mytyy
December 27th, 2003, 12:38pm
Congratulations Brent! I'm proud to be a member! :cheer7: :toot: :gift:

clbrowni
December 27th, 2003, 1:07pm
WTG to all our members and our fearless leader! Whatever the outcome, we did it together and should be proud!

cindi

jenssequa
December 27th, 2003, 1:38pm
COngrats hope you win!!!!!!!!!!

CandleWench
December 27th, 2003, 1:59pm
Yeah!!!! :cheer7: :cheer7:

Glad you're feeling better!! That flu bug hit Ohio hard huh?

Heather
December 28th, 2003, 3:16am
I just wanted to express how much I truly appreciate everything you do for the site, its members, and everything, Brent!! You are the absolute best & I wish you the best of luck in all of your dreams and goals!! :) I can genuinely say you have created the BEST site on the entire internet- pure genius!! :gvibes:

Krystal
December 28th, 2003, 3:47am
OH, Heather you are too sweet, let me get the tissues.............................................Ok I am back, now put down that glass of wine and get MEAN!! LOL

Just kidding we do love you Brent!

Scary Snarky toaD
December 28th, 2003, 3:58am
I just wanted to express how much I truly appreciate everything you do for the site, its members, and everything, Brent!! You are the absolute best & I wish you the best of luck in all of your dreams and goals!! :) I can genuinely say you have created the BEST site on the entire internet- pure genius!! :gvibes:

Good try, Heather. I tried sucking up to the Big Man too, but I still don't think that will get me a free membership. Let me know if it works for you, though, lol!

:laugh: :cheer7: :jump: :cheer7: :laugh:

datagal
December 28th, 2003, 9:16am
Congratulations, Brent!

Hope you're feeling much better now and ready to win the big dough!
:gvibes: :gvibes: :gvibes: :gvibes: :gvibes: :gvibes: :gvibes:

katheria
December 28th, 2003, 9:46am
Congrats Brent,

i just joined for i missed out :(
wished i hadnt..:) where i could have helped out
as most people have said this is the best orgainzied and well maintained contest site i have ever seen on the net...
i know it takes tons of time to maintain a site like this, and tons of work, and it can get $$$

hubby says i allready spend too much time on the net entering contest, he said its a waste of time intil 2 days ago lol when i won a dvd player LOL, now he asks what are the new contests everyday so far ..hehe
thank you very much for giving a bored( ex IT manager) housewife something to look forward to everyday :)

Heather
December 28th, 2003, 4:39pm
:laugh:

Thanks for making me laugh! I will let you know if it works, indeed! :laugh:

zeuscarl
December 28th, 2003, 4:56pm
Brent, that would be so awesome for you! I can't think of anyone who would deserve it more! You do so much for this board. It's a pleasure "knowing" you! Thanks for all your hard work, and GOOD LUCK! Have a blessed New Year! :cheer7:

pharaoh
December 28th, 2003, 5:11pm
MAY THE MILLION DOLLAR GODS GIVE YOU A BREAK

PHARAOH RON

viclen1954
December 28th, 2003, 5:48pm
What a great bunch of supporters are we of this group and of Brent! Best of luck in picking the winning envelope and to the rest the members, we rock!

mariebow
December 28th, 2003, 11:20pm
:cheer7: Brent, hope you feel better, the bug bit me also. Hope you win the coveted million dollars, and I will be glad when they contact the 600 who entered first. Fifty dollars would be great. :cheer7:

PicasPals
December 29th, 2003, 12:54am
Best of Luck to Brent, let me know if you need a ride to the bank!!!...and a "way-to-go" to the OLS members, strength in numbers was never better demonstrated...keep clicking to win (for yourself and others)

asharris
December 29th, 2003, 1:07am
I can give you the ride to the bank, Brent, at least if it's from your house. I'm in Yellow Springs. Look south - see - I'm waving! I'm about one mile from Clark County too. Have a great time whatever happens. asharris/Ann

prissypott
December 29th, 2003, 1:52am
Good for you!
Good for us!

I know its too early to celebrate..............but I'm gonna do it anyway! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

amy359
December 30th, 2003, 2:44am
YAY BRENT :cheer7:

guruwan2b
December 30th, 2003, 1:21pm
Well, a premature congratulations is sure better than a premature eja..... (looks around, sees a mixed crowd) Um..... Nevermind.

I had started my own tree, but was able to delete it before anyone joined, then I joined OLS.

Brent, May the New Year bring you new moola!

Kim

Madison
December 30th, 2003, 5:40pm
Congrats on the great win! Hope you get that cool milllion!

I was number 2159, no $50 for me, but, I have bragging rights! We were number one! :toot: :smile9:

Gaylep
December 30th, 2003, 5:58pm
Congrats Brent! I send all the :gvibes: :gvibes: :gvibes:
I can!

Txsweeper
December 30th, 2003, 8:32pm
Hope we hear soon! My fingers are crossed for you Brent!!! :royal:

Karen_246
December 30th, 2003, 9:23pm
My toes and my fingers on my good hand are crossed! May a million good vibes be heading your way!

Karen

jojo299
December 31st, 2003, 12:16am
Brent,
Sending some million dollar mojo your way!!! We couldn't have fun and be winners if it wasn't for your ideas and hard work and dedication to this site. :fairy4:

anangke
December 31st, 2003, 11:40am
When are we gonna to know!!! yarrrrgggghhhh

ladysusan
December 31st, 2003, 12:01pm
ALL RIGHT...OLS IS THE BEST!!! :jump: :jump:

Dundee
December 31st, 2003, 12:10pm
I hope that we do win also, congrats, premature of course! :supstar: :supstar:

chvydupont24
December 31st, 2003, 2:42pm
I hope we did win, because I could use the $50, but even more, I hope Brent wins the million. That way he could afford all the tools he needs to make this site exactly as he wants without having to worry about money! Glad you're feeling better, Brent!

Donald Robertson
January 2nd, 2004, 12:13am
When will we find out if we won. I tried looking at the contest site but I did not see a winners list or a way to request one. Dose anyone have a date when the winners will be contacted.

casperokc
January 2nd, 2004, 12:51am
If we win how about posting it on the main page to show our members and new members how a strong community comming together works.I am proud of everyone here who helped us make this site the best.I am more proud that I got to be a part of it even though I didnt win anything I never once thought about it I just kept emailing everyone I knew till I was out of people to tell to enter!!So again I give you all three :cheer7: :cheer7: :cheer7:

ruleyruley
January 2nd, 2004, 2:38pm
This site is the best - I am glad I could help in my small way by participating. :smile9:

speck135les
January 2nd, 2004, 2:57pm
is brent okay or did he wind up really sick with the strain of flue thats doing intensive damage to folks we are keeping him in our prayers because i think brent would have let us know if he was able to.

kellerma
January 2nd, 2004, 9:06pm
My whole family was sick over the holidays - what a puking mess!!!!!!

Even though we were not in the first 600 - my whole extended family joined!!!

Way to go OLS!!!

Kathleen

:toot: :toot: :toot:

ltgeiger
January 2nd, 2004, 10:34pm
Congratulations to everyone on the team. Everyone did a super job!

Happy 2004!

:cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3:

Inkyskeeper
January 4th, 2004, 8:42pm
:frown3: i was not a meber of your tree...i had signed up way back and ended up with the hope tree through someones link and at that time i had no clue this sweepstake site was here lol, guess i didnt win but hope you all did..it was fun no matter what and from now on ill be joining in here too, count on me :halo:

cpnqn
January 4th, 2004, 10:24pm
but....hey I am a sweeper so I just entered all the email and names I could grab- hope you get it! lol. :smile9:

michaelb123
January 4th, 2004, 10:46pm
I'm not sure if Brent has won anything yet, but I hope he does. I appreciate all the hard work that goes into this website and our community. I joined the Money Tree as soon as I got a wind of it. I think I was #96 or something like that.

Best of luck Brent!

shoegal27
January 5th, 2004, 12:57am
:cool2: Just wondering???

Why are we in the lead with 7,076 and Brent is not the referal leader some one like Pda with 18??

and I was ##410 on the tree maybe it is wrong and Brent won both????

patty716
January 7th, 2004, 12:25pm
so when do we find out already?????

doctorstrangelove
January 7th, 2004, 1:54pm
so when do we find out already?????

yes, indeed. let's ask---here's the contact link---

http://www.wtue.com/contact.htm

Aaron Clobber is the Promotions Director: clobber@wtue.com

:cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

anangke
January 7th, 2004, 2:07pm
I emailed them awhile back (over a week I think) and haven't gottne a response yet. Makes me wonder what the deal is.

I looked at my sent e-mails and I sent them a request on 12/29. And no word back yet.

LilDevil
January 8th, 2004, 6:42am
:worry2:

Scary Snarky toaD
January 8th, 2004, 7:57am
Man, this is really one CORNBALL deal that these guys don't have their act together enough YET to LET EVERYBODY KNOW what's going on by NOW at least!

Here they seemed like they are all "on top of things" -- every day giving us personal reports as to the current standings -- then contest is over and BAM -- never hear from them again.

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER TREE SPONSORS -- you guys are beginning to look like major fools for not having more figured out by now than you do. :joker: :goofy2:

I mean, it's ONLY been EIGHTEEN DAYS since the contest ended. SHEESH! :worry:

JarnocanME
January 8th, 2004, 7:59am
Now I'm not so much concerned about the tree , sweeps sometimes take months to sort stuff out, although I did write. How is Brent/Loopy doing? I hope he feels better. I did not get a flu shot. Brendt we aren't going to hassle you, but ARE YOU OK???? :gvibes:

Heather
January 8th, 2004, 2:23pm
It seems like this is one of those deals (contests), which take their sweet time in getting the official results back/ out and contacting those appropriate people. Unfortunately, I think we'll have to be patient with these dweebs, oops, I mean people!! :halo:

Cataroo
January 8th, 2004, 2:33pm
I used to work for a radio station that was in the "Cheap Channel" family...

Don't hold your breath for an answer from them...

If you owe them money...you can't get them off your back...

When they owe you money...they take their own sweet time...

Which has to do with why they are my EX-employer... :worry:

Gomez
January 9th, 2004, 11:09am
I don't see what the big deal is. Yet another "us against them" uprising and the promoters get a torrent of angry emails. I'm amazed there are any sweeps left at all the way some folks attack the promoters.

TheCatLady
January 10th, 2004, 7:25pm
I agree wholeheartedly with Gomez. Most companies operated with a skeletal crew during the 2 week Christmas to New Years holiday period. I, for one, made several business-related calls only to be told "He/She won't be back in the office until Monday, January 5th ..."

A lot of folks returned to work for the first time on Monday, January 5th. I don't understand why ANYONE is contacting Clear Channel corporate at this early stage of the game. If anyone should be making inquiries, it should be Brent. Given the laws and regulations governing sweepstakes and given the litigious nature of America, in general, I don't think Clear Channel would pull a fast one. I also, wouldn't expect an announcement from Clear Channel re: contest winners until the results are verified/certified internally.

Let's not bring Clear Channel up on charges of witchcraft, just yet. Keep your ropes, stones, and hysteria under wraps for now.

BlueIrishEyes
January 10th, 2004, 7:53pm
I won some from from a Clear Channel station just before Christmas. They said it would be 3 weeks. I am greatful just to be anitipating the arrival.

Let the administration of the network contact those who won without being innudated with emails etc. about posting the win.

We are all excited and happy to be part of it. Winning is the icing on the cake. We all banded together for a cause. That alone, is a win. Let's not spoil that victory by getting frustrated and antagonizing the people that sponsor the sweeps.

TheCatLady
January 10th, 2004, 8:31pm
I question the mental bandwidth (narrowband vs. broadband) of anyone who would be contacting the sponsor so prematurely. This million dollar promotion is a HUGE undertaking and will involve contacting hundreds of winners.

I guess that's why I never get overly excited about any group play involving OLS members. Over the past year, I've read enough threads to know that water contaminants in many parts of the U.S., has caused such corrosion of the brain that some folks (a small minority, mind you) don't practice common sense on a regular basis.

Don't be surprised if the same folks contacting Clear Channel now, decide to file a class action suit against Brent and Clear Channel if he wins the million dollars -- Greed is rampant in the land. Common sense is not.

:sherlock:

goldylox
January 10th, 2004, 9:31pm
I just wanted to let everyone know that in the beginning of the contest
I e-mailed a few people at Clear Chanel asking them when the rules would be posted. I was fortunate enough to have someone named PJ e-mail me back with the answer. Shortly after I e-mailed her asking about joining more than one tree. She e-mailed me back almost immediately.

That being said, I sent her an e-mail yesterday thanking her for all of her help and and asking her if she could give us a general idea of when we would hear something. I know that she read the e-mail because I got a read receipt shortly after I sent the e-mail. Hopefully she will find out something and let us know. If she does, I'll be sure to post it here.

Goldylox

doctorstrangelove
January 11th, 2004, 12:33pm
I question the mental bandwidth (narrowband vs. broadband) of anyone who would be contacting the sponsor so prematurely. This million dollar promotion is a HUGE undertaking and will involve contacting hundreds of winners.

The Money Tree contest was not a "million dollar promotion" and the odds are very slim (1 in 455) that the winner will the million dollar annuity in the "Pick Three Of Fifteen Envelopes" contest. Odds are more likely that the "winner" will get either $100 or $1000. Grand prize--$30,000 divided by 600 people--$50 each and a First prize (last person joining the Money Tree is $500)

WTUE is part of Clear Channel Communications, the nation's largest media monopoly. They certainly have the capacity to wrap this contest up in three weeks. In 1999, Clear Channel was fined $80,000 by the State of Florida for unfair and deceptive trade practices and ordered to be more forthcoming with Florida listeners about multistate contests.

I don't think a few "hey, who won that contest you ran three weeks ago?" calls or emails to WTUE threatens the sweepstaking HOBBY. Sweepstakes are used to promote a business, they are not gifts from the corporate gods above. I'd question the "mental bandwidth" of their corporate shills and apologists, not the concerned consumer.

:cool2: :cool2:

TheCatLady
January 11th, 2004, 4:13pm
There is a clear and distinct difference between sending the sponsor a polite query regarding the Money Tree results and/or forwarding a thinly-veiled acrimonious assault.

I stand by my earlier assertion. If Clear Channel has behaved in bad faith in other promotions, then it's the contest's participants responsibility to do due diligence and decide if subsequent contests are worth their time, effort, energy and resources.

As for me, I extend nothing but best wishes to the first 600 entrants and to Brent!

ROSIE203
January 11th, 2004, 4:26pm
I Hope We Can Find Out Soon
The Suspense Is Agony!

kittyhello72
January 11th, 2004, 4:27pm
I look at it this way: it wasn't money you were expecting or have alotted in your yearly income. If you win it great, if not oh well, you didn't depend on it in the first place. All wins take forever anyway, so once it goes through its a pleasant surprise. :cool2:

doctorstrangelove
January 11th, 2004, 7:45pm

I guess that's why I never get overly excited about any group play involving OLS members. Over the past year, I've read enough threads to know that water contaminants in many parts of the U.S., has caused such corrosion of the brain that some folks (a small minority, mind you) don't practice common sense on a regular basis.

Don't be surprised if the same folks contacting Clear Channel now, decide to file a class action suit against Brent and Clear Channel if he wins the million dollars -- Greed is rampant in the land. Common sense is not. :sherlock:

I think you're the one with the disproportional response to posts in this thread. As for your assumption that there is a "group play" by us poor mental defectives, I'd suggest that you are a bit too quick in judging the intentions of others. Three weeks is a reasonable about of time to expect an announcement. Many of us in that first 600 intend to donate all or part of the win to OLS. Class action suit against Brent and Clear Channel? Now that's ludicrous!

Speaking about "group plays" in OLS, the Holier Than Thou Club has hijacked enough threads. If someone has a concern they are called a poor loser and if they question a corporation's actions in a sweepstakes they are accused of "ruining it for everyone" or being greedy.

Today you say, "If Clear Channel has behaved in bad faith in other promotions, then it's the contest's participants responsibility to do due diligence and decide if subsequent contests are worth their time, effort, energy and resources."

Yesterday you said, "I don't understand why ANYONE is contacting Clear Channel corporate at this early stage of the game. If anyone should be making inquiries, it should be Brent. Given the laws and regulations governing sweepstakes and given the litigious nature of America, in general, I don't think Clear Channel would pull a fast one."

Common sense? How about this old saw-- "You can't have your cake and eat it, too."

I don't see why you are so concerned about a witch hunt against Clear Channel. It seems like you are busy enough with your own. :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

zubans
January 12th, 2004, 12:13am
I agree with comments by doctorstrangelove. I do not understand why anyone would post such a negative comment concernng this promotion. I think it speaks well of OLS. How everyone came together for a common goal? No matter if OLS won or not-it shows :gvibes: :gvibes: :gvibes: alot spirit by most of the members. Jerry

jennem
January 13th, 2004, 3:11pm
Wow, I'm so glad I'm not involved in this! (I signed up, but well after the 600 mark.)

This is why I don't keep track of sweeps ending dates, either.

Too much stress over what's supposed to be a hobby!

I just hope everyone gets what they're supposed to, and neither the sweepers nor ClearChannel, a major sweeps sponsor, is totally turned off in the process.

DMH_HRH
January 13th, 2004, 3:38pm
Clear Channel came through for me and I had a great night stay in Orlando. Keep the faith! :supstar:

The Seahorse Lady
January 13th, 2004, 6:13pm
I have been staying clear of this thread on purpose until now. It is so sad to see how united we all were while the contest was running and now a few bad apples look like they are trying to mess it up for everyone and especially for Brent. He is the one who will end up embarrassed of his own site if this nonsense continues.

It was a sweepstakes - you enter and if you win, you win and if you don't, you don't. Plain and simple. The fact that thousands of us pulled together for one common cause (Brent and his site) was absolutely amazing. That alone is a win enough for me.

I am sure that when Brent finds anything out that he will be the first one to let us know. I agree with one thing that many people said, "if I see anything out of it, it will certainly go back to this fantastic site." So Brent and mods, if I personally "gain" anything out of it, it is going back to this site!

Until then, let's just leave this alone and wait for the answer to come to us in due time.
Patience is virtue.

Ok - I've said my bit and I will now stay clear of this thread.

judyv01510
January 13th, 2004, 6:41pm
Thank you Jennem, You said exactly what I was thinking when I started to read this thread for the first time today.Wow, I'm so glad I'm not involved in this! (I signed up, but well after the 600 mark.)

This is why I don't keep track of sweeps ending dates, either.

Too much stress over what's supposed to be a hobby!

I just hope everyone gets what they're supposed to, and neither the sweepers nor ClearChannel, a major sweeps sponsor, is totally turned off in the process.

Brent
January 14th, 2004, 3:09am
Hi guys,

I still haven't heard anything yet, but the second I do you all will be the first to know. :)

I'd really rather people not bug anybody at ClearChannel about it. It's not going to do anybody any good and it's not going to help any of us find out any faster. IMO, if anything, it's going to make our site and sweepers in general look impatient and unknowledgable and it's going to annoy the folks at ClearChannel who run their sweepstakes and contests as a result. After all, if anybody should know that winner announcements and notifications can take some time it should be the people who enter sweepstakes all day every day, and that's us. Sweepers, if anyone, should understand the patience that is required.

ClearChannel, a publicly-traded, multi-billion dollar company ran this contest, not billybobsdvds.com. Any suggestion that this wasn't a legitimate contest on ClearChannel's part or that they have done anything wrong is way, way off-base. If we won (and it looks like we did), we'll be notified and it's as simple as that. There just isn't anything anybody can do that's going to make that day come any sooner.

BTW, in my first post I mentioned that I thought we'd be notified in the first week or two of January. That was based on the official rules which says the Grand Prize event, where the winner gets a chance for a million dollars (pick the right 3 envelopes out of 15) would be held in January.

Brent

amy359
January 14th, 2004, 4:10am

Snookums
January 14th, 2004, 10:52am
:toot: Well Said! :jump:

dpwwin
January 14th, 2004, 12:18pm
Thanks Brent for your comments. I wish people would remember these are contests and just enjoy them.

nicky_smith
January 14th, 2004, 3:09pm
So what members have a chance at winning 50 dollars or the 500 dollars?

The Seahorse Lady
January 14th, 2004, 6:26pm
Thanks Brent for the post! It is good to hear from you and as usual, your comments were well said.

I have my fingers crossed for you!

:)

ladysusan
January 14th, 2004, 6:50pm
Well said Brent...thank you!

:cheer7: :cheer7:

jeannierosado
January 14th, 2004, 7:01pm
Good Luck Brent, Hope You win!:dance::dance:

Defenderofthefaith
January 14th, 2004, 7:36pm
Thank you, Brent! :)

allycat
January 14th, 2004, 8:13pm
Brent, your words were perfect! Thank you! I'm hoping you won, and congrats to all the members that will receive $50. I think I entered originally from someone elses post before Brent had his posted. So I knew I needed to enter for Brent knowing I wouldn't be part of the 600 but I didn't care. I have never met Brent personally and have only been here 6 months, but I love being a part of this family, and I just have always had the best feelings about Brent and the mods. I knew I wanted to be a part of helping Brent win this prize, just like each of us helps one another every single day on this site! It is a family of friends!

Good luck Brent......lets us know ASAP!

Allycat

mrsb8
January 15th, 2004, 9:16am
Well, Hello there Brent and have you received any "official" word on the million yet? You did win, didn't you? There were more signing up under your tree than any other so I figured you had heard by now. CONGRATULATIONS and let us know!!

vanessakb
January 15th, 2004, 9:24am
You may want to refer to his post in another thread:

http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=99259

carebear5
January 15th, 2004, 9:24am
There's a long post about it...I think under "announcement" but no official word yet. We're all just waiting patiently because this is such a huge contest and will take some time to get sorted out.

On another note, my kindergarten teacher was Mrs. Bivens!

Rhozalea
January 15th, 2004, 12:32pm
Hi guys,

I still haven't heard anything yet, but the second I do you all will be the first to know. :)

I'd really rather people not bug anybody at ClearChannel about it. It's not going to do anybody any good and it's not going to help any of us find out any faster. IMO, if anything, it's going to make our site and sweepers in general look impatient and unknowledgable and it's going to annoy the folks at ClearChannel who run their sweepstakes and contests as a result. After all, if anybody should know that winner announcements and notifications can take some time it should be the people who enter sweepstakes all day every day, and that's us. Sweepers, if anyone, should understand the patience that is required.

ClearChannel, a publicly-traded, multi-billion dollar company ran this contest, not billybobsdvds.com. Any suggestion that this wasn't a legitimate contest on ClearChannel's part or that they have done anything wrong is way, way off-base. If we won (and it looks like we did), we'll be notified and it's as simple as that. There just isn't anything anybody can do that's going to make that day come any sooner.

BTW, in my first post I mentioned that I thought we'd be notified in the first week or two of January. That was based on the official rules which says the Grand Prize event, where the winner gets a chance for a million dollars (pick the right 3 envelopes out of 15) would be held in January.

Brent

thanks for the update :)

doctorstrangelove
January 17th, 2004, 1:10pm
Hi guys,

BTW, in my first post I mentioned that I thought we'd be notified in the first week or two of January. That was based on the official rules which says the Grand Prize event, where the winner gets a chance for a million dollars (pick the right 3 envelopes out of 15) would be held in January. Brent

But Brent, the chickens have been plucked and the tar's been boiling for over a week now. Is there anyone else you'd like us to straighten out for ya in the meantime? Kelly Rippa? Moby? That "can you hear me now" guy from Verizon? thanks for the update and the low down. me and the lynchmob homies be chillin'........ POWER TO THE SWEEPERS, RIGHT ON! :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

DrJohn
January 17th, 2004, 1:12pm
But Brent, the chickens have been plucked and the tar's been boiling for over a week now. Is there anyone else you'd like us to straighten out for ya in the meantime? Kelly Rippa? Moby? That "can you hear me now" guy from Verizon? thanks for the update and the low down. me and the lynchmob homies be chillin'........ POWER TO THE SWEEPERS, RIGHT ON! :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

hahahaha :D

Mare
January 18th, 2004, 11:50am
"Power to the Sweepers...right on!" Now THAT'S a quote I love. Thank you for that Dr. Strangelove. :)

Mare "I'm only Sweeeeeeping" Rivera :cool3:

doctorstrangelove
January 19th, 2004, 12:08pm
BRENT WON! BRENT WON! BRENT WON!BRENT WON! BRENT WON! BRENT WON!BRENT WON! BRENT WON! BRENT WON!BRENT WON! BRENT WON! BRENT WON!BRENT WON! BRENT WON! BRENT WON!BRENT WON! BRENT WON! BRENT WON!BRENT WON! BRENT WON! BRENT WON!BRENT WON! BRENT WON! BRENT WON!BRENT WON! BRENT WON! BRENT WON!BRENT WON! BRENT WON! BRENT WON!BRENT WON! BRENT WON! BRENT WON!BRENT WON! BRENT WON! BRENT WON!BRENT WON! BRENT WON! BRENT WON!BRENT WON! BRENT WON! BRENT WON!BRENT WON! BRENT WON! BRENT WON!BRENT WON! BRENT WON! BRENT WON!BRENT WON! BRENT WON! BRENT WON!BRENT WON! BRENT WON! BRENT WON!BRENT WON! BRENT WON! BRENT WON!BRENT WON! BRENT WON! BRENT WON!BRENT WON! BRENT WON! BRENT WON!BRENT WON! BRENT WON! BRENT WON! i saw it today on theWTUE web site.....

" Congratulations to TUE Listener Brent Riley of Springfield who won the Holiday Money Tree! His next step: a trip to San Diego for a chance to win one million dollars! Good luck, Brent!"

congratulations BRENT!!!!! :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

Kimmiepie007
January 19th, 2004, 12:23pm
WAY TO GO BRENT AND OLS MEMBERS, WE DID IT!!!!! GET THE 1,000,000 BRENT :jump:

JarnocanME
January 19th, 2004, 12:32pm
I think I screwwed up when i signed up but my husband I think will get $50 to take me to dinner, think my kids signed up late but who cares Brendt won and that's cool the trip and try for the MILION should be fun, I hope and ya never know, better chances than the lottery at this point I guess.

please click for me to win a camera, just a click, 20 nice prizes.

http://www.bacardiandcola.com/bacardigras/helpaplaya/confirm.aspx?uid=Jarnocan

:jump: :jump: thanks to us all, and bless us everyone :cheer7:

bkstar
January 19th, 2004, 12:35pm
great news!!!! good luck Brent!!!! :)

Scary Snarky toaD
January 19th, 2004, 12:42pm
BRENT AND OS MEMBERS ROCK!

:toot: :cheer7: :jump: :cheer7: :toot: :jet:

peaches
January 19th, 2004, 12:51pm
Good luck Brent and congratulations on the win!!

:bounce: :faces: :bounce: :faces: :bounce: :faces: :bounce:

Fidget
January 19th, 2004, 12:51pm

WOOHOO!!!

Go Brent Go!!! :gvibes: :gvibes: :gvibes:

Glam
January 19th, 2004, 1:12pm
CONGRATULATIONS BRENT!

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

rojo13864
January 19th, 2004, 1:14pm
OLS and Brent ~Rock! Congratulations and snag that Million! Yippee!! All the members deserve a round a applause! We did it! Sending huge good vibes to you! :cheer3: Enjoy the trip and GO! GO! GO! :laugh:

jenssequa
January 19th, 2004, 1:49pm
I was so happy to see the Brent won post I got tears in my eyes. Good luck Brent, you deserve it pal!!!!!!!!!!!!

:smile9:

cmeyer2258
January 19th, 2004, 2:28pm
This is a very enlightening site about Clear Channel.
I know people who worked for them, and this site
is indeed right on. Their business model is about greed and bullying,
and they even admitte in an article somewhere
that they know nothing about music, they
just make money from it.

http://www.clearchannelsucks.org/

WOW, CONGRATS BRENT - didn't know you were the winner until after I wrote this!
GO FER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dpwwin
January 19th, 2004, 4:49pm
way to go Brent!!! yipee!! good luck and have fun!

stinger
January 19th, 2004, 5:08pm
Thanks for that link cmeyer

jeannierosado
January 19th, 2004, 5:08pm
WOW, Way To Go!! Congrats and good luck! :jump: :jump: :jump:

phoebe
January 19th, 2004, 6:07pm
WOW!!! Congratulations Brent! What an awesome opportunity...I wish you the very, very best of luck!

avalanche
January 19th, 2004, 6:46pm
Congrats....Now just grab the right envelope. :jump: :cheer7: :gvibes: :gvibes: :gvibes:

Hope
January 19th, 2004, 6:52pm

dianella
January 19th, 2004, 7:14pm
CONGRATULATIONS!!! WIN!! :cheer7: :cheer7: :jump: :jump: :cheer7:

satnick
January 19th, 2004, 8:06pm
Gotta join the fun.....GO BRENT!!

If anyone deserves, it is the Master of ALL us Sweepers! :cheer7: :cheer7:

Tartallini
January 19th, 2004, 8:20pm
"Life is as it SHOULD be!" Many congratulations!!! :cool2: What a way to start 2004!

goldylox
January 20th, 2004, 2:22am
WAY TO GO BRENT!!!!

:cheer7: :cheer7: :cheer7: :cheer7: :cheer7:

suzybeth
January 20th, 2004, 5:46pm
First of all congrats Brent it is very well deserved on your part.... secondly I just got this email!!!!!

Congratulations Elizabeth Young!

You were one of the first 600 people to register and join the "OLS" Tree -- the largest tree in Clear Channel's Holiday Money Tree contest!

We have received your entry in the Holiday Money Tree contest. In order for us to ensure the integrity of the contest we must confirm each entry.

Before we can send you your share of the Grand Prize (at least $50), you will need to confirm the information you provided when you registered, read and e-sign the release form and provide your social security number.

This information must be completed and returned by February 20, 2004, or else your entry will be disqualified.

freak4sweeps
January 20th, 2004, 5:47pm
I got the email too!! YIPEE!!

mongoose
January 20th, 2004, 5:53pm
So did I.. but do we get $50 or a percentage if Brent gets the million or what? does anyone remember the rules? I never thought I'd be in the first 600 but I was!

wow! Go brent! (we need a little cheerleader smilie to go here! lol)

RSBOATER
January 20th, 2004, 5:58pm
GREAT WIN!!!!!!!!

JUST GOT MY EMAIL FROM CLEAR CHANNEL, SIGNED OVER INTERNET, CANT WAIT, THIS IS A GREAT WIN AND A GREAT DAY FOR US (THE MEMBERS OF OLS), AND A GREAT DAY FOR BRENT.
LETS KEEP THE OLS TRADITION AND WIN EVERYONE OF THESE TYPE OF SWEEPS.
THANKS AGAIN TO THE GREAT MEMBERS OF OLS THAT MADE THIS "OUR" WIN.
:sherlock:

wintermoon
January 20th, 2004, 6:08pm
TIP ! Make sure you check your bulk mail........ found my notification there!! It was almost a missed win.

dspack
January 20th, 2004, 6:08pm
Whooopie!!!! Me too, me too! :cheer7: :cheer7: :cheer7: :toot:

mongoose
January 20th, 2004, 6:14pm
TIP ! Make sure you check your bulk mail........ found my notification there!! It was almost a missed win.
Yeah, me too.....

mrsbillw
January 20th, 2004, 6:42pm
Why are they requesting ssn in con firming email? Any one else worried about this?

R. Honey G.
January 20th, 2004, 6:49pm
Yes, I am worried about it just a little bit. WIth all the bogus emails that have surfaced lately, example: eBay, PayPal, that are asking for sensitive information, it does make me wonder. I hope it is legit. It looks legit but you never know.

fruity40
January 20th, 2004, 6:58pm
I was worried about the social security issue to but we all signed up and we know they are legtimate so I gave mine. But first i tried to submit without

sgbecb
January 20th, 2004, 7:30pm
Ok, I got the e-mail also. Actually, I received two e-mails, one at 4:41 and the other at 4:48. I can't recall if I entered twice or not. Do I send in two e-mails or just one? Anyone know. I am also leery about giving out the soc. sec. no., but since all of you are giving yours, I follow and give mine. WTG Bent and OLS members. Knew we could do it. WE ROCK!

GOOD LUCK TO ME AND MY FELLOW SWEEPERS!

nicky_smith
January 20th, 2004, 7:39pm
Where do you go to find out what number you were? congrands you guys

cdhood68
January 20th, 2004, 7:54pm
I was also worried about the ss # but we do know it is legit so if everyone else is doing it so am I. Thanks once again to Brent. I missed the Fl get together. Wish I could have met him. What a great guy. My $50 will pay for my OLS membership.WOOT!!! :supstar:

musicmom
January 20th, 2004, 8:06pm
I was just wondering how to find out what my sign in number was

Tanasi
January 20th, 2004, 9:01pm
Well I gave my number online too, though I did have misgivings about it. I did check out the by mail form, and it asks you to have it notarized and to include a photocopy of your driver's license and your social security card.
I got two emails also, and I just entered once, so I guess they are sending out two to everybody. Both emails were in my hotmail junk mail folder.
I don't know how to find out your number at this point. I wonder if not all 600 send in their acceptance notice, how will they divy up the remaining money? Just divide among the rest of us, or pull in later numbered entries? But since it is us, and this is what we do, probably they will all be claimed.

Good luck Brent !!!

:cheer7:

samie_32d
January 20th, 2004, 9:31pm
Everybody, image Brent winning the million, it will happen ...put positive energy out there and he will draw that million to him like a magnet. Then we might get to wait another yr before membership dues LOL

Baldy
January 20th, 2004, 9:37pm
The reason they want your SS# is probably for a 1099 Tax Form.

cubanita
January 20th, 2004, 9:45pm
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL WINNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:supstar:

ANGEL
January 20th, 2004, 10:12pm
I got two emails also, and I just entered once, so I guess they are sending out two to everybody. Both emails were in my hotmail junk mail folder.

:cheer7:

I only got one email.??? who knows.

goodlass
January 20th, 2004, 10:26pm
Ok, I got the e-mail also. Actually, I received two e-mails, one at 4:41 and the other at 4:48. I can't recall if I entered twice or not. Do I send in two e-mails or just one? Anyone know. I am also leery about giving out the soc. sec. no., but since all of you are giving yours, I follow and give mine. WTG Bent and OLS members. Knew we could do it. WE ROCK!

GOOD LUCK TO ME AND MY FELLOW SWEEPERS!

I also received two emails but I only confirmed one since I don't want to risk DQing myself. If the second email had maybe said my husband then I might of but I know when I signed him up he was over the 600 mark.

guava
January 21st, 2004, 2:03am
Congratulations!!! Wishing you the very very best of luck when selecting those envelopes, Brent! Thanks to all the OLSers who signed up to...I'm really happy to be one of the first 600!

Thanks & Good luck!!!

ltgeiger
January 21st, 2004, 3:04am
I have stayed out of this until now. I figured when they got things straightened out they would contact us. My question is I a am sure I was in the first 600 to sign up and I didn't receive any email from Clear Channel. Should I just keep waiting or should I contact somebody at this point? Brent I hope you go ALL the way you truly deserve it.

:cheer7: :cheer7: :cheer7: :cheer7:

luvscats36
January 21st, 2004, 3:36am
My hubby and I were also in the first 600 and havent recieved any emails either, hmmm, wonder whats going on? Val

chuckybaby
January 21st, 2004, 4:29am
I got two email for my husband whom was in the first 100 people and another email for him also. I was before 100 and I havent' received a email yet! The rules stated one win per household so maybe that's why.... Anyways WAY TO GO BRENT and GOOD LUCK!!!!

fruity40
January 21st, 2004, 11:18am
I emailed them regarding this issue and this is the reply I received:

We have requested your social security number as part of the entry verification process in order to issue your prize money once your winning entry has been verified.

If you are uncomfortable providing your information through the secure web site, we have extended the opportunity for you to send us your verification information by mail using the Print Form, which has been linked from the email you recently received from us.

The information you provided when you registered and when you verify your registration - including your social security number - will be used only for purposes of awarding the prize in this contest.

Also, if you receive a total of $600 in prizes in a year, you are required to report those prizes on your taxes. If Clear Channel awards one person $600 in prizes in a year, Clear Channel is required to report this for tax purposes.

- PJ

Jean
January 21st, 2004, 5:27pm
I got an email this am that I was a fifty dollar winner being one of the first 600 that signed up with OLS tree. I sent back their email confirmation. Hope this means you win the Million, but I don't remember the rules on this sweeps. Others should be getting notified today or very soon. :royal:

suelee000
January 21st, 2004, 5:40pm
But I only responded to one.

jackie52
January 21st, 2004, 5:45pm
I got 2 e mails. Will respond to only one, pretty sure I only entered once.

Congratulations to all..

vacyn
January 21st, 2004, 11:12pm
well, this follows my luck lately...I was well below 600 on the sign-up, but no e-mail. And I don't separate junk mail.

Congrats to Brent, and all the winners, anyway! :gift:

DDFuller
January 21st, 2004, 11:27pm
Don't feel bad vacyn, I was one of the 1st to sign up and haven't heard anything from them. But I think something went wrong with my registration, everytime I visited their site it would act like it didn't recognize my login. I heard of a few others who had a similar experience like that. I'll never again do one of their contests on that site. It's kind of frustrating, I thought maybe I would get an email today. What a downer! I haven't had any kind of a win all month!

Peachie
January 22nd, 2004, 12:11am
Brent,

So Very Happy For You!

I signed my DH as well as myself on your tree(didn't make the cut) but am thrilled you have won-Well deserved for all the pleasure you bring to so many others!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

chuckybaby
January 22nd, 2004, 3:46am
If you weren't getting daily updates of our rank I think it didn't accept your registration for some reason. I was number 98 and my husband was 100 something. Anyways he always would get daily updates and I never did. He also got the email saying he was a winner...I have yet to receive a email saying I won!

mjean
January 22nd, 2004, 2:11pm
Both my husband and I got daily updates (different e-mail addresses) always in the Yahoo Spam box and my confirmation came through in the Spam box (I think I was 458) and the notice of winning. He entered too late for the cut-off

strchld
January 22nd, 2004, 2:16pm
Congrats to all the winners!!!!! Now...Go pick that million dollar envelope Brent!!!!! :gvibes: :gvibes:

dpwwin
January 22nd, 2004, 6:24pm
apparently a lot of us havent gotten our email yet so I think there is still hope. I know when I checked they had sent me an email saying I was #400 something so I think we will still hear I hope!!!!

ltgeiger
January 25th, 2004, 12:43am
Brent don't you have the list of those who signed up for the money tree and their position when they signed up. I am positive I was in the 1st 600 I wrote to Clear Channel and never received a reply. I would like to know how many other OLS members didn't receive the email to claim your $50 prize and know you signed up in that first 600. It seems that we are being ripped off. I really needed that money badly along with $64,950 more so I can buy a Van to transport my wheelchair. I have been trying for over a year to earn the money and just don't have the luck. I want to hear from those of you who are being ripped off in this OLS Xmas tree deal. :worry: :worry:

goldenspecks
January 25th, 2004, 12:47am
Now is the time to VISUALIZE yourself picking the one million dollar envelope. Jusr think of how many of us are wanting you to win. Think of how many emails of congratulations you will receive. What is the first thing you will do with the money?

OLSers will be imaging for you also. Be sure and get to a computer just after you win to give us the great news of your win!

Gloria
from Image-To-Win-Sweepstakes

pcmsurf
January 25th, 2004, 12:57am
are there any other money trees starting up or going to start up any time soon? cuz id be glad to join and get some of my friends to join also

prissypott
January 25th, 2004, 1:52am
I know I ranked in the first 600 and used to get updates regularly however I have yet to receive my email. I think it is just taking a bit of time. I am excited about this win. It will be my first cash win!
Keeping my fingers crossed!

ladylynna
January 25th, 2004, 2:09am
Brent don't you have the list of those who signed up for the money tree and their position when they signed up. I am positive I was in the 1st 600 I wrote to Clear Channel and never received a reply. I would like to know how many other OLS members didn't receive the email to claim your $50 prize and know you signed up in that first 600. It seems that we are being ripped off. I really needed that money badly along with $64,950 more so I can buy a Van to transport my wheelchair. I have been trying for over a year to earn the money and just don't have the luck. I want to hear from those of you who are being ripped off in this OLS Xmas tree deal. :worry: :worry:

Patience Patience :rolleyes:

Jill930
January 25th, 2004, 11:10am
Over the course of the Money Tree contest, I got 30 email confirmations of my player rank as #98. I was notified about my win on Jan 20th, it stated that I was one of the first 600 members to join the OLS tree. Are you sure that you have your rank # correct????

Scary Snarky toaD
January 25th, 2004, 12:02pm
Over the course of the Money Tree contest, I got 30 email confirmations of my player rank as #98. I was notified about my win on Jan 20th, it stated that I was one of the first 600 members to join the OLS tree. Are you sure that you have your rank # correct????

Jill, there were a BUNCH of us that Clear Channel was sending daily updates to, which listed many of us as being #98 in rank (myself included). I'm wondering if this is part of the problem with many of us not getting the "winner" email right away -- Clear Channel may still be trying to figure out what our REAL ranking was, since obviously there can't be more than one person who REALLY had the rank # of 98.

Jill930
January 25th, 2004, 12:42pm
Too bad Clear Channel didn't post the first 600 memebers of the OLS Money tree somewhere on their site. That would certainly clear up all of this confusion. I had no idea that several people had the same rank number as me. That makes no sense at all.

rojo13864
January 25th, 2004, 1:38pm
when your received that and it stated Numbver 98 or whatever, that wasn't your rating..when you logged into the OLS tree for member referals then it showed your member number status on the Clear Channel Tree. Not the e-mail one..which always had #98 or whatever...Hope this helps..

JarnocanME
January 25th, 2004, 2:13pm
I signed up in the beginning but think I messed up somehow. My husband got the notification but not me. So he's ll have to take me out to dinner. thought my kids were even signed up soon enough but evidently not. Can't wait to hear about San diego!

http://www.bacardiandcola.com/bacardigras/helpaplaya/confirm.aspx?uid=Jarnocan :jump:

ROSIE203
January 25th, 2004, 2:16pm
Is There A Way Anyone Can Get The Winners Of The Contest
I Know I Signed Up Right At The Beginning(nothing Yet)
How Would We Know If Everyone Got Their 50 Dollars If People Are Getting Double Confirmation E-mails?

tawneej
January 25th, 2004, 6:00pm
I signed up in the beginning but think I messed up somehow. My husband got the notification but not me. So he's ll have to take me out to dinner. thought my kids were even signed up soon enough but evidently not.

It could be that only your husband received the email because it's one win per household. They may be checking so that they don't send emails to more than one person per household.

mariebow
January 25th, 2004, 6:17pm
I agreed with Tawneej, some of the ones, who entered were in the same household, and rules states, one per household. :halo:

JarnocanME
January 25th, 2004, 6:45pm
I didn't even notice-one per household- on that one. I guess I got a wee bit excited. But $50 is cool a free night out!!! It's all good, got to just relax and get busy entering the new sweeps.

http://www.bacardiandcola.com/bacardigras/helpaplaya/confirm.aspx?uid=Jarnocan :jump:
If this ever doesn't work, only click if ya haven't on the OLS referal main list, please let me know.
Thanks
jaci

anangke
January 25th, 2004, 10:10pm
Is There A Way Anyone Can Get The Winners Of The Contest
I Know I Signed Up Right At The Beginning(nothing Yet)
How Would We Know If Everyone Got Their 50 Dollars If People Are Getting Double Confirmation E-mails?

That's my question as well I was in the 500 range I think like 23-32 something. I still haven't gotten an e-mail notification. I e-mailed them about when we would know who won and never got a response so I dont' have much faith that if I ask them I'll get an answer this time. I Hope they are just doing them in waves, because I could really use the $50.

ladcraig
January 26th, 2004, 10:29am
I received the following e-mail message from Clear Channel in response to my inquiry:

Another verification email will be sent in the following weeks to all those in the top 600 to join the winning OLS tree** who have not yet verified their entry.

The verification email will be coming from this email address (webcontests@clearchannel.com), so make certain this email address is not blocked. We are not responsible for emails not received due to spam blocking applications, bad email addresses or full email boxes.

The verification email will be sent to the email address entrants provided when they registered for the Holiday Money Tree.

- PJ

** PLEASE NOTE:
There was more than one tree named "OLS" in this giveaway, but only one is the largest, winning tree. Even if you joined a tree named "OLS," you may not be a member of the winning tree. The verification emails will only be sent to those who were the first 600 to join the largest, winning "OLS" tree.

ROSIE203
January 26th, 2004, 10:37am
NOW i'M CONFUSED
THERE WAS ANOTHER OLS MONEY TREE? :worry:

Current
January 26th, 2004, 10:40am
I got the same e-mail this morning as Ladcraig did in response to my inquiry.

amann1
January 26th, 2004, 10:55am
There were 2 OLS trees. The first one was listed as a new sweep and a few hundred people signed up. Then it was removed from the sweeps listing because it officially belonged in the referral category of the forums. In that section of the forums, Brent announced a tree that he'd be starting, also called OLS. Brent's tree is the one that won, not the original OLS tree. If you only followed the links posted by Brent, then you entered the correct one. If you signed up via some other link in the forums or via the link originally posted as a new sweep, you may have signed up for the wrong one.

starwishes67
January 26th, 2004, 10:56am
I think it's premature to say that some OLS'ers have been "ripped off". I'm sure they are still busy verifying the entries and perhaps sending out the emails as they are confirmed. I know that I was originally #8 on Brent's tree. I checked my rank, several weeks after the conclusion, and I had moved up to #7. I don't know if my rank has any bearing or not, but I did get my email last week. So don't give up yet, keep the faith and trust that it's all going to work out! :)

chupacabra
January 26th, 2004, 3:37pm
Just got another OLS Money Tree winner email. They seem to be resending. Keep your eyes open if you are still waiting for one!!

chupacabra

Vicky
January 26th, 2004, 3:50pm
I got a second notification today as well. Are we suppose to confirm again? Should we?

snookers
January 26th, 2004, 4:03pm
Good question, Vicky. I just received another...this is strange.

wildbirds
January 26th, 2004, 4:14pm
I got two emails the first time like a lot of others and today I got a third. What should I do? I confirmed one of them I got the first go around and don't want to DQ myself.

abbygirl
January 26th, 2004, 4:17pm
Same here. I just emailed Clear Channel (at least I think I did). I questioned whether or not I should re-reply. I actually tried and it would not accept my answers saying my birthdate was wrong??????

goldylox
January 26th, 2004, 4:21pm
I tried to confirm mine again this is the message that I got:

You have already been confirmed as a winner. Your confirmation number is XXXXXXX.

strchld
January 26th, 2004, 4:32pm
I didn't want to say anything to soon but I was one of the first 600 to sign up and still hadn't gotten an email, well I just got mine today! :cheer7: So they are for sure still sending them out! I was starting to get a little worried...so just be patient...I think it's just taking them a little while to get all the emails out!

tabooblondie
January 26th, 2004, 4:49pm
I got a second notification today as well. Are we suppose to confirm again? Should we?

I emailed Clear Channel and they quickly sent a response back saying that my confirmation had been received and there was no need to reconfirm. The additional e-mail was sent in error.

jazzyjeff
January 26th, 2004, 4:50pm
Looks like the Online Sweepstakes family came through. I know I did my part with a couple of family members and referalls. Good luck with the upcoming adventure.

karolyny
January 26th, 2004, 5:35pm
I got another one today also. Don't know what to do either.

Karolyn

Current
January 26th, 2004, 6:04pm
I didn't get the first e-mail. But I did just get the second one...and I was able to confirm. WOOT!!!

Hang in there everyone who didn't get the first e-mail.

smartykat
January 26th, 2004, 6:11pm
I received a 2nd one also and reconfimed. I received a response that I was already confirmed....so it doesn't do any harm if you confirm the 2nd time....

kt :gvibes:

viclen1954
January 26th, 2004, 6:17pm
I have received your signed Release Agreement & Entry Verification form.

Consider yourself verified!

Prizes will be sent after all entrants have been given a chance to verify.

- PJ

I mailed my verification form in since the online path didn't look secure for sending my social security number over....paranoia strikes deep..I also received ANOTHER verification email today that said if I had already verified to ignore it. Gee, sure hope there isn't this much confusion when it comes to check writing time. :smile9: vic

kbsocial
January 26th, 2004, 7:06pm
I too received the second email and emailed them back to ask what was up with that, this was the answer I received:

You are verified - the email was accidentally sent to some ppl. who have already
verified.

You only need to verify once.

Your original entry verification confirmation number is:
#

- PJ

Hope that helps:)

ilikecitylights
January 26th, 2004, 7:06pm
I got an email today about it, said second notice. But I don't remember getting a first one either. Thanks so much to everyone who participated!!

Good luck everyone!