PDA

View Full Version : Forum Upgrade

Brent
December 6th, 2003, 7:45am
Test, test; let's see if this puppy works.

Please bear with me, I've obviously got a lot of work to do. The forums will look and work a lot more like they did before the upgrade when all is said and done.

In the mean time, everything should pretty much work like it did before with a few improvements and new features thrown in. If anybody has any problems, please let me know. I'll get to it as fast as I can. :)

Brent

Markslady
December 6th, 2003, 8:17am
I like very much :cool2:

Txsweeper
December 6th, 2003, 8:37am
Wow!! I thought I'd been transferred to a different site!! Very nice Brent. Thanks for taking care of us!!! :grad:

shermt1
December 6th, 2003, 9:00am
Cool. :)

rojo13864
December 6th, 2003, 9:04am
This is fantastic!! I have fallen into a real wonderland!! I don't know how you manage to do all of this, but it's terrific! Thank you!!

amy2951
December 6th, 2003, 9:04am
Looks Great :supstar:

greytabbycandles
December 6th, 2003, 9:06am
I like the new changes, keep up the great work!!
:cheer7:

doctorstrangelove
December 6th, 2003, 9:53am
A++++

good work!

:cheer7: :cheer7: :cheer7: :cheer7:

infinitybean
December 6th, 2003, 10:05am
::clutches heart::
:smile9:

DrJohn
December 6th, 2003, 10:09am
I think it looks great! :)

Annie
December 6th, 2003, 10:26am
Looks really great, keep up the great work!

Anne :cheer7:

vanessakb
December 6th, 2003, 10:38am
Whoa! This is classy! :dance:

Xanax
December 6th, 2003, 10:45am
Wow totally nice change, thank you for all the hard work you have done to make your site so great! :type: :clap:

whist
December 6th, 2003, 11:03am
Well aint this nifty??!!!!! Its cool Brent!!! :smile9: :cool: :bow: :smile11: :clap:

CharmedHour
December 6th, 2003, 11:06am
Love it!! Thank you so much for all the work you've done, Brent! :bow:

:cheer4:

Dundee
December 6th, 2003, 11:16am
:) I think that it is wonderfull you put so much work into this, and I thank you very much!

tommy
December 6th, 2003, 11:45am
looks real good to me brent thanks for all you do for us here :smile9:

mlso
December 6th, 2003, 11:53am
Love the new look! What a great surprise on a Saturday morning! Keep up the good work :cheer7: :cheer7:

trinabrous
December 6th, 2003, 11:54am
This is nice!!! Thanks for all your hard work to keep OLS fun and easy for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

djkilla
December 6th, 2003, 1:18pm
I'm lovin' this look! Great job Brent! There's never a dull moment with you running everything! ;)

JanMarie
December 6th, 2003, 1:51pm
Sleek, cool, and classy! :cool2:

TrishMc107
December 6th, 2003, 2:11pm
looks good. Good job as usual.

snappleone
December 6th, 2003, 3:00pm
it looks nice but is it no longer possible to pm someone when in the prize exchange forum?

Bigfootsmother
December 6th, 2003, 3:05pm
I love it, it looks great!! :jump:

kellerma
December 6th, 2003, 3:11pm
Brent,

It looks and works great!!!

Kathleen

ltgeiger
December 6th, 2003, 3:17pm
:supstar: WOWI can actually read this now without squinting and hunting all over for all the info. This is great . Thanks Brent. :toot: :toot: :toot:

Defenderofthefaith
December 6th, 2003, 3:23pm
:cheer4: Great job!!! Looks awesome!

deb1my
December 6th, 2003, 4:00pm
Good job!!! I too thought I was somewhere else this morning

Heather
December 6th, 2003, 4:20pm
I think it's fantastic!! Thank you very much!

strchld
December 6th, 2003, 4:21pm
Very nice change!! :dance: I love the larger text! WTG Brent!! :cheer: :cheer:

BLT
December 6th, 2003, 4:30pm
Great Job!!

ContestQueen2002
December 6th, 2003, 5:24pm
Wow thanks for all the hard work Brent!!! It looks great and much easier to read now in my opinion! Thanks again now get some rest after all that hard work lol.

Donna

deborah62
December 6th, 2003, 5:36pm
Very nice,I like it alot :jump:

memyselfni
December 6th, 2003, 6:47pm
Message text is smaller and lost in a bunch of icons and colored stuff. And it takes a long time for threads to open... was much easier for me before.

caseycupcake
December 6th, 2003, 7:19pm
I'm not sure if I like the changes or not. Then again, I have issues with change in general. I suppose I'll learn to adjust.... :worry:

tbono
December 6th, 2003, 9:37pm
SUPER :smile9: SUPER :smile9: SUPER

Thanks Brent, you are the BEST :clap:

Suann47
December 6th, 2003, 10:10pm
Great Job..THANK YOU!! :cheer7: :cheer7:

mariebow
December 6th, 2003, 11:59pm
Great Job..THANK YOU!! :cheer7: :cheer7:
Thanks! Brent :cheer7:

gunnerclark
December 7th, 2003, 12:58am
More modern look , but the posts seem to be lost in a lot of space. the otherway seemed more friendly.
I do like the bold type on posts that have new messages on them since last visit. That is real nice. Easy to see

whataguy
December 7th, 2003, 8:40am
I thought it was fun to know the locations of where the individuals are that posted messages. I miss that on the new look.

Otherwise, I think messages are easier to read.

starwishes67
December 7th, 2003, 9:43am
ooohlala...looks good to me :cheer7: Thanks Brent!

Pricelessheart
December 7th, 2003, 10:48am
And I LOVE IT!!! :smile9:

Brent - what an amazing job you've done!! One of the reasons I love this site so much the masterminds, masters and associate masters take such good of us all!!! :bounce:
WhooooHoooooooo What an AMAZING job!

chancebunny
December 7th, 2003, 11:13am
I'm having one problem with the new forums. In the Let's Play forum, before the change, whenever I would reply to a thread, then go back to the main page to reply to another thread, my post would be at the top of the page with my name as the latest person to reply. Now that's only happening sometimes. More often than not, when I go back to the main Let's Play page, the threads are still in the same order and my name is not on there as the last to reply. It doesn't help if I refresh the page.

jonelyn
December 7th, 2003, 2:09pm
I never had the chance to comment on the new upgrade Brent made, but all I can say is that Brent is trying to spoon feed us!! LOL! He is trying to make things easier for us and keeping the site looks really good. Keep up that great work!!

Karibbean7
December 7th, 2003, 2:41pm
I like the changes. Thanks Brent!

snappleone
December 7th, 2003, 3:24pm
love the work you did but just wanted to post a problem so you are aware of it (if someone hasn't already brought it to your attention).

I can't delete sent pm's from my pm list. I click on the box and then click delete but it doesn't work.

snappleone
December 9th, 2003, 5:00pm
Just to make you aware of another problem:

I went in to edit my prize exchange post and it edited fine on my end. I saved the changes but when I went to look at it in the prize exchange forum there is nothing there. I reposted a new post and it was ok. :cool2:

viclen1954
December 10th, 2003, 2:28am
:supstar: The changes look great and work well for me, anyway!

mpumr
December 10th, 2003, 4:13pm
I'm having one problem with the new forums. In the Let's Play forum, before the change, whenever I would reply to a thread, then go back to the main page to reply to another thread, my post would be at the top of the page with my name as the latest person to reply. Now that's only happening sometimes. More often than not, when I go back to the main Let's Play page, the threads are still in the same order and my name is not on there as the last to reply. It doesn't help if I refresh the page.

My problem is sorta in the same vein....when I go to check on new threads posted, for instance What's On Your Mind forum, the latest threads are ones that started over the weekend. It's kinda hard to believe that there haven't been any new threads posted since then. I have caught this in other forums also.

Am I the only one having this problem?

Thanks for the great site Brent :smile9: !
Marsha :)

Brent
December 10th, 2003, 4:30pm
If you're not seeing updated pages (which was a problem until about 8am ET this morning), hit Ctrl + F5 on your keyboard to do a hard refresh and you shouldn't have any more problems with outdated pages. You might have to do a hard refresh for multiple pages (for example, the main pages of the different forums, the private messages page, the member list, etc.), but once it's done you won't have to worry about it anymore. The problem is your browser might have some of the old pages cached.

Thanks everybody, I'm not done yet, but it's getting there. :)

Brent

mpumr
December 10th, 2003, 4:42pm
:cheer7: :cheer7: Woo Hoo!!! :cheer7: :cheer7:

Thanks for the speedy reply Brent! You're so RAD ! Okay so I'm an '80's girl :cool2: !

Marsha :gvibes: