PDA

View Full Version : What's for dinner tonight, everyone?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93

Current
October 15th, 2003, 7:10pm
I love hearing what people are making for dinner.....gives me ideas for the future. :)

My girls and I are having:

Chicken Fried Steak
Rice Pilaf
Macaroni and Cheese (for the youngest one, she LOVES her mac and cheese)
Green beans with bacon pieces and onions....cheese melted on top
Bread rolls

What are you guys having?

:)

kbsocial
October 15th, 2003, 7:12pm
Be there by 7:30 - minus the rice it sounds heavenly!!! ;)

Haven't gotten around to that thought here, honey doesn't get home for another 2 hours :(

calebsmom
October 15th, 2003, 7:14pm
Apricot chicken
Mashed red potatoes
Baked macaroni and cheese
Green beans
Cornbread

Mmm mmm mmm :munch:

Micheleisme
October 15th, 2003, 7:20pm
i made garlic chicken
stuffing
and green beans

caryncc
October 15th, 2003, 7:25pm
Bar-B Que Pork
Fried Apples
Biscuits

Current
October 15th, 2003, 7:27pm
Dagnabbit!!!

You guys are making me wish I had made mashed potatos and stuffing!!!!! :)

YUM!

Current
October 15th, 2003, 7:28pm
Bar-B Que Pork
Fried Apples
Biscuits

oooooooh, that sounds good! I have never had fried apples. Are they easy to make?

jeanmarie
October 15th, 2003, 7:29pm
We are having homemade Brunswick stew, homemade bread, and a really good salad w/ craisins, blue cheese and raspberry vinegarette.

carolpie
October 15th, 2003, 7:30pm
Spiced-up chicken and rice with red and green peppers, garlic, onion and Italian sausage-alittle cayenne.

velvet49329
October 15th, 2003, 7:32pm
Tossed salad
Venison Steaks
mashed potatoes
green beans

tommy
October 15th, 2003, 7:34pm
wow i am very jeolous y'all are having great dinners

lets see ok i am going to have pizza if i get off here and order it and will during the cubbies game

everybody enjoy your dinner and have fun after dinner ok :smile9:

Maineiac
October 15th, 2003, 7:35pm
Potato/Kielbasa/Cheese Casserole

Spinach

Corn on the Cob

Followed by a Hershey's Bar w/Almonds that my son is selling for Youth Hockey.

carogonza
October 15th, 2003, 7:37pm
Ziti with mushroom and homemade tomato sauce. Garlic bread and fresh herb salad. Yummy!!! :jump:

tiffnat
October 15th, 2003, 7:43pm
chicken, black beans and rice, green beans and biscuits. S'mores in the backyard for desert.-messy but good!

Nickyle
October 15th, 2003, 7:45pm
Chicken Fried Chicken in Kelloggs Flakes smoothered in country gravy, so good!
Mashed Taters
String green beans

udalum
October 15th, 2003, 7:49pm
My child was on a field trip tonight, and my husband wanted to eat a frozen burrito later in the evening. So, I was in the middle of cooking for a lunch party that I am having tommorrow-- I kept tasting the chicken to see if it was o.k. The, I figured I wasted all but about 200 of my calories for the day. I bought some Turkey Hill Vanilla Ice Cream (with the $1.00 off coupon I earned entering one of thier contests). I decided it looked too good, so I at a serving.

In summary:

Grilled Chicken Breast
A serving of Turkey Hill Vanilla Ice Cream.

I know, gross.

Gaylep
October 15th, 2003, 7:54pm
I had tons of fresh spinach so I decided to do something different. Went a little crazy and cooke for a few hours! I made an Indian meal of saag (spinach) paneer and keema which has ground meat, potatoes, peas in it. It was fun. My husband went out and got yogurt to go with it and I made basmati rice. By the way I'm of Polish decent so this doesn't come naturally! It was good!!!

Current
October 15th, 2003, 7:58pm

Spinach

Corn on the Cob

Followed by a Hershey's Bar w/Almonds that my son is selling for Youth Hockey.

Ok, give that Potato/kielbasa/cheese casserole recipe up, girlfriend!!!!! PM me or send it by e-mail. I gotta have it!!!!!!!!!

iwannawin
October 15th, 2003, 8:00pm
baked chicken
rice
broccoli with cheese sauce

lots of yummy leftovers for lunch at work tomorrow!

PKB
October 15th, 2003, 8:00pm
Romaine lettuce salad with feta, tomatoes, and kalamata olives
Lemon-chicken
Cous-cous
King Estates Pinot Gris

Chocolate cake for dessert

pattywack
October 15th, 2003, 8:03pm
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Maineiac

Spinach

Corn on the Cob

I'd like to have that recipe too! (if you don't mind sharin')

Thanks!
Pat

kbsocial
October 15th, 2003, 8:05pm

Me too on the recipe please!! :)

sballcoach
October 15th, 2003, 8:12pm
Bacon Cheese Burgers!!!

Dixiebelle31
October 15th, 2003, 8:14pm
I've been sick and feeling really under the weather so I had a nice homecooked meal. Takeout from Golden Corral that my neighbor picked up.

Meatloaf
Green Beans (southern style with bacon)
Mashed taters w/gravy
Mac and cheese
Sweet potatoes
Broccoli
Blueberry Pie

and some fried chicken for tomorrow lunch

ignoramoose
October 15th, 2003, 8:14pm
Nothing special here. Probably some gardenburgers & pudding for dessert. My DH was going to make stirfried tofu & broccoli (his specialty, he worked in a Chinese restaurant for 3 years in High School) but he wasn't in the mood to cook.

Just reading the title of the kielbasa/cheese/potato casserole dish is making my mouth water big time!!

chinchilla
October 15th, 2003, 8:16pm
Gonna start with chips and salsa and go from there. :D

noelleray
October 15th, 2003, 8:23pm
grilled ham and cheese and tomato soup,its a cold windy night

AlwaysLate
October 15th, 2003, 8:31pm
Can I come eat eat at y'alls houses? I'm getting ready to throw some generic brand fries in the oven. Then again I might raid the roommate's lettuce and have a bowl of salad. Nobody in this house cooks a full meal except on holidays. The guys' version is throwing steaks on the grill with no side dishes, and I don't eat steak. So, I eat lots of one person meals that have preservatives. I'd kill right now for some carrots and potatos that have been cooking all day in roast juices. Anybody having that? I'll be right there. lol :)

mjean
October 15th, 2003, 8:40pm
Made beef stew in the crock pot this morning with onions and carrots; boiled noodles, made gravy - brocolli for veggie. Sara Lee frozen cheesecake for dessert.

TNrina
October 15th, 2003, 8:41pm

Me too on the recipe please!!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Maineiac
October 15th, 2003, 8:45pm
Okay guys I'll post the recipe here. It's so easy as long as you don't mind peeling potatoes. But I have to give credit to a CNA that used to work for me for this recipe. She was a fabulous cook and this is one of the many recipes she gave me. Lorraine was her name and she passed away at age 45 from kidney cancer: every time I make this I recall pleasant memories of her.

Now BIG point here, I make this in a lasagna pan (11x14) because folks here even eat it for breakfast and if by chance there are leftovers it freezes very well. So use the ingredients according to the size casserole you want to make. But I'd make this big one and just freeze what is left.

Spray the bottom of your pan with cooking spray
Slice up kielbasa (I use two packages of the Healthy Choice, because I have yet to find anything grissly in them).
Throw the sliced kielbasa in the bottom of the pan.
Peel and slice (like scalloped potatoes) about 5 pounds of potatos, and put those on top of the sliced kielbasa. Now don't get fancy here, just move 'em around with your hand so they are even.

In a good sized bowl, jump in 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, 2 cans cream of celery soup and 1 1/2 cans (use the empty soup cans) of milk. I add about a tesspoon of garlic salt but you don't have to. Add pepper to raste.

Okay combine this together with a spoon and dump it on top of the potatoes.

Cover it with tin foil and bake about an hour or so (this you need to guage by potatoes being tender) at 350 degrees. I take the foil off for the last 20 minutes or so just to get some color to the top.

This is a sure fire comfort food on a blustery day. Hope you like it and if I haven't been clear about the recipe please let me know.

Now it's my turn, how about coughing up the chicken fried steak recipe and the one for Brunswick Stew ??

OH CRAP, I forgot to put in there to also add a can of Campbell's Cheddar Cheese soup to that milk/cheese/soup concoction.

Boosbear
October 15th, 2003, 8:50pm
Yummy - you are all great cooks and are making me very hungry! :smile9:

tiger55
October 15th, 2003, 8:58pm
Church's fried chicken, fried okra & a biscuit. Not on my low carb diet, but gotta have some every now & then.

DelilahVela
October 15th, 2003, 9:08pm
:cool2: Taco salads here, fresh bake shells filled with beef, cheese, tomatos,lettuce and onion. Topped with sour cream. The kids love them You all are good cooks. To bad we can't have a cyber potluck :laugh:

Angels Fan
October 15th, 2003, 9:08pm
Atkins-friendly Philly Cheese Steaks (i.e., no bread!)

mrsb8
October 15th, 2003, 9:12pm
I made homemade pizza (and I mean homemade) the kitchen is a mess- and I made chicken wings with it (I have 2 kids who love chicken wings)-my pizza recipe actually won a prize in an online recipe sweeps but it wasn't a big prize but I enjoyed it. (about 8 years ago)

pattywack
October 15th, 2003, 9:14pm
I made homemade pizza (and I mean homemade) the kitchen is a mess- and I made chicken wings with it (I have 2 kids who love chicken wings)-my pizza recipe actually won a prize in an online recipe sweeps but it wasn't a big prize but I enjoyed it. (about 8 years ago)

Ok, how bout chaukin' up the recipe for the pizza??? Sure sounds yummy.

I am SOOO HUNGRY!

Current
October 15th, 2003, 9:15pm
My chicken fried steak recipe is pretty simple.

I buy cubed beef steaks. I make a mixture of flour, salt, pepper, and LOTS of garlic powder and set it aside. Then I take a couple of eggs, beat well, and add a touch of vanilla extract, a little bit of vinegar, lots of A-1 sauce, and just a tad of tabasco sauce to the beaten up eggs.

Dip the cubed steaks in the egg mixture, then coat the steaks in the flour, both sides. Make sure that the whole piece of meat is well coated with the flour mixture. Let the meat set for a few minutes and then dip it very quickly in the egg mixture again and then back into the flour. Sometimes I do this three or four times, depending on how crunchy I want the steaks.

When the pieces of meat are well coated with the flour, I place them in a frying pan filled with preheated oil. Corn oil is good, and so is peanut oil. But the oil has to be hot when you put the meat in the frying pan, or the coating will fall off the meat.

Fry on both sides until the meat is done the way you like it. Personally, I like my meat well done.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mpumr
October 15th, 2003, 9:43pm
Leftovers for the DH and the kids:
Hamburger-Macaroni Casserole
Corn
Salad

I'm having a sub, didn't make it to the table in time :worry: .

Thanks for the two recipes! Now if somebody could tell me how to make chicken fried chicken and the brown gravy, just like Cracker Barrel, I will be set!

Current, my Mom makes fried apples, but they may not be the way Cary makes them though.

Slice apples, leave peel on. Cook them in melted butter in a skillet, my Mom uses cast iron (don't know if that makes a difference), add sugar to taste after the apples become soft. You can add other spices if you want.

Marsha :gvibes:

Vicky
October 15th, 2003, 9:45pm
We had birds eye stir fry vegetables with cut up chicken breast on white rice.. fresh tea and lemonade and brownies for dessert

That lentil soup and brunswick stew sounded soo good! I's like to fix up what all of you are having! :munch:

LadyT
October 15th, 2003, 9:53pm
I made.....

Boneless country style pork ribs
Scalloped Potatoes
Asparagus
and for dessert...Lemon Bars!

ciebien
October 15th, 2003, 9:54pm
We went out to a family restaurant tonight for dinner. I had broiled chicken, baked potato, cream of spinach soup and all you can eat salad bar. I am fulllllllllllll! I don't really like spinach but that soup was delicious!

Mary Beth
October 15th, 2003, 9:54pm
We were going out to dinner. We're selling a minivan and the purchaser lives in Virginia, so the van will have to pass Va inspection. We took it over to Vienna to a station that the purchaser recommended and planned to have dinner at Panjshir II. It's this great Afghan restaurant. One of our favorites. (Getting there was another matter - traffic was terrible and I was driving my Miata with a stick shift. A stick chift is not fun in stop-and-go traffic.)

Imagine the horror: the whole block of stores in this mini-strip was closed! Some of the stores had plywood covering the windows. So, instead of sambosa ghosti (spelled wrong) and aush (spelled right), we went to Tara Thai and had curry. I had chicken curry. DH had beef curry.

I do have a recipe for a mild Indian curry - the kind that you used to be able to find in London. My daughter made that a couple of months ago and it was a big hit.

Current
October 15th, 2003, 10:00pm
Current, my Mom makes fried apples, but they may not be the way Cary makes them though.

Slice apples, leave peel on. Cook them in melted butter in a skillet, my Mom uses cast iron (don't know if that makes a difference), add sugar to taste after the apples become soft. You can add other spices if you want.

Sounds wonderful!! Thank you!!! I bet cinnamon would be good on that.

alwitmayer
October 15th, 2003, 10:01pm
Leftover roast pork and sauerkraut with mashed potatoes for me; BBQ pork sandwiches for the wimpy wife and son.

Stormy2500
October 15th, 2003, 10:05pm
My dd and I each had a bowl of Raisin Bran. We needed a quick dinner tonight. But dessert will probably be ice cream.

euphmansgurl
October 15th, 2003, 10:18pm
I made some chili that turned out really good =) Topped it with sour cream and shredded cheese and had some fritos on the side. Had some Mug's root beer to drink (YUUUMMMMMM)
And a fat free fudgesicle for desert =) I'm full now and laying on the floor on my belly in front of the computer and I feel like I might pop hehe. =)

timetowin
October 15th, 2003, 10:26pm
made some chicken fajitas for dinner...

different subject, but have you guys tried the george foreman grill? i have the regular size and it's wonderful. so i'm interested in buying a bigger one...but there are so many to choose from.

anyways, it sure sounds like we have a bunch of cooks here. everything sounds so delicious!!!

lfw1la
October 15th, 2003, 10:30pm
Tonight: Digiorno Pizza (pm Me If You Want The Recipe)

Last Night: Shrimp Scampi, Southwestern Salad, Texas Toast

BlueIrishEyes
October 15th, 2003, 10:35pm
Chicken with a bourbon brown sugar glaze
Baked potatoes with sauteed mushrooms, onion, and peppers for on top
fresh canteloup

Tomorrow is:
Stuffed pork chops
Baked apples with raisins, brown sugar and bourbon
Fresh asparagus

Happy sweeping all

SeaAngel
October 15th, 2003, 10:52pm
Pinto beans :toot: buttered cornbread and baby green onions fresh from the garden.

Hey Dixiebelle, I hope you are feeling better real soon! :gvibes:

kbsocial
October 15th, 2003, 10:59pm
different subject, but have you guys tried the george foreman grill? i have the regular size and it's wonderful. so i'm interested in buying a bigger one...but there are so many to choose from.

GF grills ROCK! Here are a few discussion threads on it that might help you out:

http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37964&highlight=george+foreman

and

http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50498&highlight=george+foreman

I'm trying to decide who I will visit next after Current. Maybe instead of Troll's on a Roll it will be KB's on a roll!! :laugh:

Current
October 15th, 2003, 11:02pm
made some chicken fajitas for dinner...

anyways, it sure sounds like we have a bunch of cooks here. everything sounds so delicious!!!

I have one, and I adore it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I make hot dogs, hamburgers, grilled cheese, and tons of stuff on it. It is the best thing I have ever bought for my kitchen.

northbluffer
October 15th, 2003, 11:04pm
Pork tenderloin with apple/celery/onion dressing.

Current
October 15th, 2003, 11:05pm
GF grills ROCK! Here are a few discussion threads on it that might help you out:

http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37964&highlight=george+foreman

and

http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50498&highlight=george+foreman

I'm trying to decide who I will visit next after Current. Maybe instead of Troll's on a Roll it will be KB's on a roll!! :laugh:

heehee

LOL!

mark.nelson
October 15th, 2003, 11:19pm
Tonight we're having chicken fried fried chicken with bacon fried chicken fried french fries topped with fried chicken gravy with a side of fried bacon sprinkled with green beans and a hunk of fried cheese baked with pasta. For desert it's fried ice-cream and a Tums (1/2 bottle). Cause I love my family. :worry:

lex2100
October 15th, 2003, 11:20pm
................Pringles.

KINGSWEEPER
October 15th, 2003, 11:32pm
:nana:
TONIGHT
PHILLY CHEESE STEAK SANDWICH
FRIES
PEPSI
&
VANILLA ICE CREAM WITH
CHOC. MOCHA SAUCE
:nana:

Alimar
October 15th, 2003, 11:35pm
Uh-oh, I swear this doesn't happen very often, but I think my answer was the same last time there was a thread on this topic! And that is...nothing! Until I saw this thread, I had forgotten to eat! (And it's 10:30 pm now.) I was out of the house from about 5:45 to 8:45 pm, taking my older son somewhere he needed to go, buying shoes for the younger one, & picking the older one up again... The kids had a quick dinner of oatmeal (!) before we left the house, but I never got anything for myself, and my DH hasn't eaten either. I'll probably have some kind of snack before bed, since it seems kind of late for a meal and I'm not that hungry.

Dixiebelle31
October 15th, 2003, 11:42pm
Hey Dixiebelle, I hope you are feeling better real soon! :gvibes:

Awww thank you :cool2:

Y'all need to come on down to Brunswick here for the stew. Of course we claim to be the originators of it. I love it but have never personally made it. There is so much in there. I have a recipe wandering around here somewhere from one of the local Methodist churches. I'll have to find it tomorrow.

noelleray
October 15th, 2003, 11:45pm
i LOVE my foreman grill! its a pitb to clean,but i use it at least 3 times a week. amazon has good sales on them,i found a supersized for $12 on a Fri sale,and i have a reg small one that i'm passing onto my mom since she loved the grilled chicken on mine.

nancy_k1
October 15th, 2003, 11:46pm
I just fixed some lemon pepper chicken. I love that stuff! Everyone is having some wonderful stuff.

mark.nelson
October 16th, 2003, 12:05am
If you're thinking about buying a George Foreman Grill, make sure you look at the Black & Decker grills first. There are many knock-offs now that are the EXACT same grill at a fraction of the price. We have a Black & Decker and it it almost identical to my in-laws GF grill.

mpumr
October 16th, 2003, 8:42am
Tonight: Digiorno Pizza (pm Me If You Want The Recipe)

Last Night: Shrimp Scampi, Southwestern Salad, Texas Toast
lfw1la, you don't make your pizza right out of the box :laugh: ? I would be interested in it and also is your Southwestern Salad call for black beans and corn (among other stuff)?

Marsha :drip:

abebesue
October 16th, 2003, 8:51am
Oven Barbequed Chicken
Homemade Mac and Cheese
Green Salad

Current
October 16th, 2003, 9:40am
Tonight we're having chicken fried fried chicken with bacon fried chicken fried french fries topped with fried chicken gravy with a side of fried bacon sprinkled with green beans and a hunk of fried cheese baked with pasta. For desert it's fried ice-cream and a Tums (1/2 bottle). Cause I love my family. :worry:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

TOOOOO funny!!!

autumnpup
October 16th, 2003, 10:24am
I have not thought about that yet. But I am thinking a nice hearty salad with chicken and maybe some cheesy noodles!!!
I will keep in mind everyone elses ideas for the future! Thanks

mrsb8
October 16th, 2003, 11:35am
Okay, here goes, (i haven't written it down in years)
first step: sauce: 1 can of tomato sauce
1 can of tomato paste
1 garlic clove pressed and mixed in
1 heaping tbs of brown sugar (less if you don't like sweet sauce)
spices to taste: oregano, basil (I use lots of both of these) a bit of rosemary, 1 to 1 1/2 tsps of marjoram, a dash of celery salt, a dash of regular salt, a bay leaf,
a dash of thyme
then simmer for a hour to 3 hrs

crust: 2 cups warm water, 1 package of yeast (or 3 tbsp from a bulk jar of yeast) -sprinkle 1 tbsp sugar (or less if don't like sweet) but sugar is a must to get yeast to work -a dash of salt
place in a warm place for yeast to "forment"- after yeast has "formented or fomented-can't remember the term) then add enough flour to make a firm yet not sticky ball, place some extra flour on board and knead till a satiny consistency and then place in a greased bowl with warm damp towel on top and let double. After doubling, split the ball in half and roll out for crust; placing the crust on greased cookie sheet that also has some cornmeal on sheet, and before baking with all the ingredients on top, bake for 7 mins at 375 degrees (for crust to brown) then take out of oven and start assembling pizza. I use muenster cheese, mozzarella and provolone - cheese is your choice -have fun.
assembly: Crust
sauce
cheeses

mpumr
October 16th, 2003, 11:37am
Hopefully this will become a sticky, so many good ideas!

Well tonight I already have cooking. A crockpot dish that is a new recipe "Beef and Mushrooms", you are to serve it with spaghetti or rice or noodles. So if it's worth a darn I'll post the recipe.
Garlic bread
Salad

mrsb8
October 16th, 2003, 11:38am
Then on top of cheeses, put toppings.
Hope you enjoy, this pizza recipe has been taught to all my friends who wanted recipe and sisters and relatives. This is probably similar to many other recipes but I have been told I should open a pizza shop (oh yeah, like that would keep it fun!)

mrsb8
October 16th, 2003, 11:39am
Yes, if it is good, please post it. I love crockpot meals (so easy, usually very good) and kids like crockpot stuff too!

smartykat
October 16th, 2003, 1:40pm
northbluffer,

How did you prepare/cook your pork tenderloin? I am sick of my sme ole' recipes..

Tonight we are having;
Grilled ginger salmon steaks
some kind of pasta - haven't got that far yet..
and some kind of veggie - probably frozen

kt :gvibes:

joyce47834
October 16th, 2003, 2:02pm
Wish I knew--I have cleaned my carpets, mopped my floors, cleaned bathroom--right now Im taking a break. I hospital bed and IV sounds nice.

carolpie
October 16th, 2003, 2:27pm
Joyce, I did all the same things except my carpets which I do need to do soon, but my daughter wants Tombstone pizza tonight so we are goig to the store to get some. They like that brand since we won some and who am I to complain? Anyway I have kickboxing tonight and my arm is aching already from scrubbing, so it will be an easy meal day.

whist
October 16th, 2003, 3:33pm
Tonight,,thurs,,,,LOL....I have informed my fam that we are going to Mc Donalds,,,for the contest of course!!!!! :laugh: :smile9: ,wish us luck....lol! :jump:

Katie Scarlet
October 16th, 2003, 8:31pm
OK... had to add my dinner from tonight. My son had his 16th birthday yesterday and requested his "special dinner" too late to make, so we had it tonight instead.

Being New Englanders, my kids love a good clam boil and take every opportunity to have one. That was his request. Not being a native New Englander, I have never developed a taste for clams myself, so I cheat and have lobstah (that's lobster for for those who don't get the accent ;) ).

Gotta love milestone birthdays too... got his drivers permit today and a clam boil... life for him is very good.

Katie :)

Current
October 16th, 2003, 8:45pm
Gotta love milestone birthdays too... got his drivers permit today and a clam boil... life for him is very good.

Katie :)

Tell your son Happy Birthday!!!

Ok, dinner tonight was Beef Pot Roast, seasoned curly fries, (I wanted mashed potatoes, but I was overuled), corn on the cob, and garlic bread.

Chocolate chip mint ice cream for dessert.

Current
October 16th, 2003, 8:48pm
We need a recipe catagory in the forums!!!!!! (Hint....hint....hint) :)

res6o3wl
October 16th, 2003, 8:48pm
Turkey,mashed potatoes, spinach

Current
October 16th, 2003, 8:52pm
Turkey,mashed potatoes, spinach

YUM!!!!! I love me some spinach!!!!!

(making a note to myself for tomorrow's dinner)

Flowerlady
October 16th, 2003, 8:56pm
We just had the old standby, consisting of macaroni, with meatballs, sausage and toasted Italian Bread. Mmmm, Im nice and full now too!!! I should be able to sweep for awhile.....

noelleray
October 16th, 2003, 8:59pm
tonight i didn't feel like cooking,so it was leftover spaghetti for me and dd and dh made himself chili dogs

ciebien
October 16th, 2003, 9:11pm
It was pizza for us.

sweeps aku
October 16th, 2003, 9:29pm
Leftovers & you get to pick it out of the fridge & heat it yourself! I only have 2 teenagers to feed & they wouldn't voulunteer so this is what they get!! I take one night a week off from cooking & if they don't help out (& tonight they were at eachothers throats!) .......... I really should "live off the fat of the land" & not eat! I have taken up walking esp. during my lunch hour, as I work in a kitchen & we have a baker who can blow my will power with her dinner rolls! but love this thread i haven't had fried apples in years though I did bake some last week! :)

Boosbear
October 16th, 2003, 9:48pm
Chicken & Dumplings

suzybeth
October 16th, 2003, 9:49pm
I didn't feel like cooking tonight, so, Dave made welsh rarebit. (i try to get out of cooking at least once a week I love his welsh rarebit!)

Stormy2500
October 16th, 2003, 9:52pm
our dinner (still following the breakfast theme from last night) for tonight:

chocolate chip waffles
scrambled eggs (that my 4 year old dd cooked)
sausaage

Mmmmmmmm....so good!!!!

tigress2b
October 17th, 2003, 11:20am
Last nights dinner was homemade Split pea soup. It was the first time I made it and it turned out fabulous!! (if I do say so myself) and fresh french bread (from the grocery store not Homemade) Not sure whats for dinner tonight..... I love spinach too! Yum

pharaoh
October 17th, 2003, 11:35am
Where ever my girlfriend want's to go tonight, thats were we will be, sooooo for me its pot luck.

Ron

Gaylep
October 17th, 2003, 11:47am
How about walnut crusted Walleye wit Honey soy sauce - I need ideas on sides to go with this! I think salad and bread???

tigress2b
October 17th, 2003, 11:56am
How about a salad with balsamic, EVOO a touch of honey and topped with toaster (roasted)
walnut pieces.

or sweet potato with butter, honey and walnut pieces.

Blanched or sauteed spinach

HASAMA
October 17th, 2003, 12:05pm
usual either take out or leftovers

kbsocial
October 17th, 2003, 12:06pm
Tonight: Chinese Buffet ~ I have been craving chinese something fierce lately!
Last night: Homemade tacos! YUM

amy359
October 17th, 2003, 12:19pm
IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!

i always take my girls out to eat on fridays and then skating afterwards. we're gone from 4pm til 11:30pm :sleep: if only i had half their energy :laugh:

SweepingBeauty
October 17th, 2003, 12:31pm
Homemade Spaghetti and meat sauce, baby!

BlueIrishEyes
October 17th, 2003, 8:46pm
October 17, 2003

Lamb Chops with rosemary from my herb garden
Mashed Potatoes and lamb gravy
Mint Jelly
Fresh Baby Carrots
Chilled Steamed apples leftover from last night.

ignoramoose
October 17th, 2003, 8:47pm
a ham sandwich & zinfandel, lots of zinfandel

smartykat
October 17th, 2003, 9:33pm
Leftover Chili Con Carne...Yum.....
It's best leftover...

I still want northbluffers' pork tendeloin recipe and would also like Gayleps' walnut crusted Walleye with Honey soy sauce recipe....

Thanks,
kt :gvibes: :gvibes:

northbluffer
October 17th, 2003, 9:58pm
Braised beef rump roast w/mushrooms, baked potatoes, corn and green beans - Rum and coke for dessert

SeaAngel
October 17th, 2003, 10:13pm
Last nights dinner was homemade Split pea soup. It was the first time I made it and it turned out fabulous!! (if I do say so myself) and fresh french bread (from the grocery store not Homemade) Not sure whats for dinner tonight..... I love spinach too! Yum

:smile9: Ain't it wonderful? We had some earlier this week, it's one of my favorites. Tonight's dindin was homemade chicken potpie, hubby's favorite.

smartykat
October 17th, 2003, 10:15pm
northbluffer...

You must be ignoring me...(lol)

May I have your recipe for pork tenderloin?

timetowin
October 17th, 2003, 11:52pm
today i had....salad, lasagna, breadsticks, ice tea

yes i agree, we should have a thread for recipes...

pattywack
October 18th, 2003, 9:23pm
Lets see....

Teriyaki chicken
white rice
baby carrots with garlic butter
baby peas

and for dessert a maple donut!

Yummy!! :yum:

Current
October 18th, 2003, 9:28pm
Tonight we had grilled hotdogs, and potato chips with ranch dip. Doesn't sound like that big of a deal.......but it was at a beautiful Missouri State Park.........

Gotta love picnics!!!!!

northbluffer
October 18th, 2003, 9:31pm
Breaded shrimp, fried baked potato wedges, frozen mixed vegetables

ANGEL
October 18th, 2003, 9:47pm
While I was sweeping & reading, DH fixed apple & pear slices, 3 kinds of cheese, various crackers, salami (I guess), a yummy bottle of cab wine. Followed by cigar for him & port wine & double dipped chocolate covered peanuts on the deck overlooking the lake with the coleman heater running on a slightly chilly evening...

noelleray
October 18th, 2003, 10:00pm
Subway subs tonight,i went to the grocery store late cause i was waiting to hear if we were taking MIL to Red Lobster and never planned on anything(SIL never called back,darn it! i wanted cajun chicken pasta!maybe tomorrow,do people not know you do not call,suggest a bday dinner for MIL at Red Lobster and then never call?)

BlueIrishEyes
October 18th, 2003, 10:23pm
We had what every good sweeper should eat once a day. McDonald's supersized for the Monopoly game. Came home and ate some Pringles from cans with codes, and had a glass of chocolate milk made with Hershey's syrup with a code on the bottle.

Current
October 18th, 2003, 10:42pm
I forgot to add.....

for a snack later....cheese curds from Oceola Cheese. Aaaahhhhhhh.......bliss.

Lisargold
October 18th, 2003, 11:55pm
Wow! Reading this thread is almost as good as having a great meal cooked for you!

smartykat
October 19th, 2003, 12:26am
We had,

Chicken Tarragon
garlic, ginger and green onion and jalepeno rice
glazed carrots with pecans

maynardmom6
October 19th, 2003, 12:39am
We went to the pumpkin patch tonight and had a bonfire, so we ate roasted hot dogs, and chips and made s'mores for dessert. It was a wonderful fall evening. :smile8:

LilDevil
October 19th, 2003, 12:55am
:frown3: A sandwich,,,and Lays potato chips :frown3:

Ziggywag
October 19th, 2003, 1:01am
Subway Chicken Teriyaki to eat :yum: while watching the World Series. :D

Scary Snarky toaD
October 19th, 2003, 2:00am
Thai noodles over butter-sauteed veggie combo of broccoli, cauliflower and carrot slices. Covered with a good Thai sauce, of course!

mpumr
October 19th, 2003, 3:31pm
Okay here is the Beef with Mushrooms recipe (crockpot)

1 1/2 lbs. stewing beef, cubed
4 oz. can mushrooms, drained (save liquid)
Half a garlic clove, minced
3/4 cup sliced onions
3 Tbs. shortening
1 beef bouillon cube
1 cup hot water
8 oz. can tomato sauce
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Brown meat, mushrooms, garlic, and onions in shortening in skillet. Dissolve bouillon cube in hot water. Add to meat mixture. Stir in mushroom liqui and rest of ingredients. Mix well. Pour into crockpot. Cover. Cook on high for 3 hours, or until meat is tender. Serve over spaghetti, rice, or noodles.

Note: Next time I would drain the stew meat before adding the bouillon water (a layer of grease is on top after it is cooked). I also put in chopped frozen green pepper (I keep this on hand all the time). I think I would add more seasoning. It was good.

So on Friday we had leftovers of this and last night DH made his version of chicken alfredo. Tonight we may have brats, with the fixins.

There now I'm caught up!

Marsha :)

smartykat
October 19th, 2003, 5:30pm
Tonight,

Maple Glazed Pork Roast
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Broccoli

Current
October 19th, 2003, 6:02pm
Tonight is BBQ beanie weanies and seasoned curly fries.

It's what the kids want, and I don't feel like cooking a big meal.

If they are good, I'll throw in some mac and cheese. LOL!!!!

ignoramoose
October 19th, 2003, 6:05pm
mmm....curly fries

Tonight is pork chops marinated in soy sauce & honey and then grilled, and either peas or rice.

Gaylep
October 19th, 2003, 6:10pm
Home made speg. sauce (of course over pasta with salad, parm, cheese and maybe some garlic bread!!!

jeanmarie
October 19th, 2003, 6:10pm
We are having pot roast, mashed potatoes, carrots and corn.....

I love hearing what we're all having....

carolpie
October 19th, 2003, 6:18pm
Our neighbor just brought over some fresh Yellow Fin he caught, so we are having that and mashed potatoes and my zuchini with olive oil, onions, garlic, Italian seasoning and Parm. cheese.

SeaAngel
October 19th, 2003, 6:20pm
BBQ Pork ribs, grilled fresh roasting ears, salad and homemade peach cobbler. Can't wait till those ribs get done, they smell heavenly!
:jump:

Gaylep
October 19th, 2003, 6:23pm
oops my husband reminded me I'm making eggplant to got with the speg. dinner for a parmisan!

noelleray
October 19th, 2003, 7:14pm
roast chicken,mashed potatoes,gravy,homemade mac and cheese,peas,and dd and i made a chocolate cake for dessert.

abebesue
October 19th, 2003, 7:25pm
Smothered Chicken
Fresh Turnip Greens
Rice
Hot Water Cornbread
Peach Cobbler

northbluffer
October 19th, 2003, 7:27pm
Hey! I feel an attack of "menu envy" coming on. I'm looking at left overs. Fondue, roast beef, jumbalaya. Any wine recommendations, other than BIG glass?

anaian
October 19th, 2003, 7:37pm
Lamb Chops
Onion Potatoes
Mixed Fresh Steamed Veggies

Wolverine popsicles from the ice-cream man for dessert!

uagirl
October 19th, 2003, 7:48pm
Pot Roast and steamed potatoes. The Pot Roast recipe is here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_20804,00.html it was yummy. I love Paula.

noelleray
October 19th, 2003, 8:12pm
yum,that roast recipe sounds terrific. i love Paula Deans show,everything always looks delicious(i'm a food network addict and i admit it)

StarbucksAddict
October 19th, 2003, 8:21pm
Hmmm.. think I might try this one sometime soon.. sounds YUM :yum:

http://whatscookin.proboards4.com/index.cgi?board=Crockpot&action=display&num=1064926359

*Star

iwannawin
October 19th, 2003, 8:48pm
Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, and rolls.

BlueIrishEyes
October 19th, 2003, 9:01pm
Spaghetti with homemade sauce/meatballs and italian sausage
Italian bread with a basil oil olive dipping sauce

that's it................

infinitybean
October 21st, 2003, 1:30am
The flesh of the innocent.

Heather
October 21st, 2003, 4:21am
Totino's Pizza Rolls. (healthy)

SeaAngel
October 21st, 2003, 5:27am
DH picked up a box of fried chicken with some sides. It was nice not to have to cook. :)

nancy_k1
October 21st, 2003, 12:06pm
Tonights dinner is up to my mom. We are going over there and she said we were having bologna sandwiches but she only said that because she knows I will not eat it. She says that everytime we are going over there. She makes this stuff that we call Hamburger Stuff that is wonderful with mexican cornbread that is very spicy. I am hopeing for that.

tigress2b
October 21st, 2003, 12:12pm
Hey! Stop gnawing on my arm!

Tiny said "INNOCENT" not indulgent. And here I thought Tiny would starve looking for anyone innocent on this site!!

Heather
October 22nd, 2003, 3:34am
Grilled Boneless skinless chicken with BBQ sauce and spinach salad, followed by a Klondike bar.

infinitybean
October 22nd, 2003, 3:36am
Tiny said "INNOCENT" not indulgent. And here I thought Tiny would starve looking for anyone innocent on this site!!
:laugh:

And as for you, darling Bender... You may be the only person in history to have been "in an eggplant mood."

Tiny :"And how are you today, Bender?"
Bender: "Eggplant!"

SeaAngel
October 22nd, 2003, 4:51am
Smothered pork chops, mashed potatoes & fresh green beans.

tigress2b
October 22nd, 2003, 1:29pm
Last night was Pasta in Vodka sauce with garlic french bread! (Yummy)

northbluffer
October 22nd, 2003, 1:42pm
Last night - - Sauted mushrooms on thick sliced French bread smothered with left over garlic cheese fondue (not healthy, but hey, I was in a hurry)

Current
October 23rd, 2003, 6:42pm
Tonight is cheese filled meat loaf, garlic toasted potato wedges, green beans with bacon and onions (cheese melted on top), and sourdough rolls and butter. Toll House cookies for a snack later.

sseads
October 23rd, 2003, 6:44pm
future MIL made homemade cheesy/potato/bacon/ham soup and blueberry muffins! enough to give ya a heart attack........but who cares when it tastes that good!!! MMMMMMM

allie
October 23rd, 2003, 6:45pm
I made an early dinner since my kids just finally went down for a nap not too long ago - enchilidas! YUM.

Of course DH and I will be hungry again tonight around 8, lol.

NascarFan
October 23rd, 2003, 6:56pm
My dh is out of town for a couple days, so I made a big pot of homemade Italian Wedding Soup today. I froze 4 containers which will come in handy for the cold winter days coming up, and I had a little bowl for myself....YUM!

tiffnat
October 23rd, 2003, 7:13pm
crock pot stew with lots of veggies, and oranges for dessert. :)

Ravzie
October 23rd, 2003, 8:22pm
You all are not conducive to me remaining on my diet....

London broil here, with green beans & cottage cheese.

djkilla
October 23rd, 2003, 8:38pm
Oh my god I'm going to explode! I just stuffed myself with Salsburry steak, lightly buttered corn, macaroni & cheese, corn bread and had a lemon merang pie for dessert. :D

Heather
October 23rd, 2003, 8:39pm
3 Eggo waffles, yeah, u read it right! :nana:

abebesue
October 23rd, 2003, 8:49pm
Pepperoni pizza

SeaAngel
October 23rd, 2003, 10:13pm
[QUOTE=Ravzie]You all are not conducive to me remaining on my diet....
QUOTE]

:laugh: Hang in there Ravzie! :gvibes:

Cheese enchiladas, refried beans & spanish rice.

susieand
October 23rd, 2003, 10:28pm
Going home tomorrow night for dinner!!!!!!!! YAY!!! As a college student, this makes me very very excited. Mom and dad are making me and my boyfriend steak with guacamole butter...and who knows what else!! Probable a caesar salad (my mom's dressing is the BEST) and mashed cauliflower (parents are on the Atkin's diet) And then on Sat. we're going to visit my sis in VT. so I will be treated to a nice dinner out and probably given lots of homemade yummies to being back to school. I will be so spoiled!!!

timetowin
October 23rd, 2003, 10:34pm
i didn't cook today...just heated a can of spagettios and had that with some grilled cheese sandwiches.

northbluffer
October 23rd, 2003, 10:42pm
Remains of a meal from Toby's Tavern
French fries, shrimp, clam strips

songcat
October 23rd, 2003, 11:23pm
I usually don't cook very elaborately during the week since it's just me and the little one. Tonight we had Cheeseburger Pie and spinach with vanilla pudding for desert.

Tomorrow will be veal with a lemon-cream sauce, fresh egg noodles, creamed spinach (i love spinach!) and a raspberry trifle for desert.

I also have to do some baking tomorrow to bring to a friend's house this weekend. I'll be baking chocolate zucchini bread and turtles!!

Hope
October 23rd, 2003, 11:30pm
we had meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and peas :)

smartykat
October 24th, 2003, 1:09am
Tonight we had;
Pan sauteed Flounder with a reduced sherry/butter sauce
Pasta Alfredo
Broccoli

Tomorrow is;
Jambalaya (shrimp and kielbasa) - Zatarains
Crusty French Rolls
Salad

smileysal
October 24th, 2003, 1:36am
Tonight we had homemade chicken and noodles with lots of carrots in it. My son just spacers put in and his mouth hurts really bad. There is flour all over the kitchen. I wish I was a neater cook.

tigress2b
October 24th, 2003, 10:15am
Last night I took the left overs from my Door County Style Fish boil and make Fish cakes and broiled potatoes with a sour cream horseradish mustard dipping sauce.
(Am I the only one who never manages to make a dessert too??) I dont have kids is that by chance why?

BridgetF
October 24th, 2003, 10:24am
Tonight is BBQ shredded chicken breast, potato salad, hawaiian bread and Pineapple Right Side Up Cake.

Oh, great....now I'm hungry! LOL

SeaAngel
October 24th, 2003, 10:40am
Tigress: No kiddos here either, except for the big one (hubby). I usually only make a dessert on the weekends and then we feed off of it the rest of the week like little piggies. :)

Company tonight. Pork roast, fresh asparagus with hollandaise sauce, sauteed baby mushrooms, salad, homemade yeast rolls with chocolate/raspberry cake for dessert. Am keeping my fingers crossed on the hollandaise sauce as I am an impatient cook with a flaming gas stove and have ruined more than my share of this stuff. :worry:

Ravzie
October 24th, 2003, 1:11pm
Northbluffer, I've meant to ask you if you were on the northern part of the island - Toby's, is in Coupeville, of course. I work at the hospital there. Are you connected to the base also??

Tonight we are 'dining' at the restaurant called Kasteel Franssen. There is an event there called a "Hail and Farewell" for the Buffhunk's squadron. We welcome new people and say goodbye to departing folks. There will be horses doovers served, so that's why I used the quotes. Not sure what they'll serve, but I'll eat plenty of it, irregardless of the diet, ha ha!!!

northbluffer
October 24th, 2003, 2:13pm
Negative. I live 3 miles north of Greenbank. I'm blissfully retired. An early retirement from Sears, followed by 7 different jobs producing varying levels of dissatisfaction. Spend my last 6 years of employment with King County as a part-time employee.

Have eaten at Kasteel Franzen several times. We consider it a special occasion treat.

tigress2b
October 24th, 2003, 2:26pm
Tigress: No kiddos here either, except for the big one (hubby). I usually only make a dessert on the weekends and then we feed off of it the rest of the week like little piggies. :)

Company tonight. Pork roast, fresh asparagus with hollandaise sauce, sauteed baby mushrooms, salad, homemade yeast rolls with chocolate/raspberry cake for dessert. Am keeping my fingers crossed on the hollandaise sauce as I am an impatient cook with a flaming gas stove and have ruined more than my share of this stuff. :worry:

This is Tyler Florence from Food 911 He wont let anyone fail! Maybe it helps. Good luck! Sounds wonderful! Grilled asparagus with EVOO and herbs is fabulous too

Hollandaise SauceCopyright 2000 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reservedShow: Food 911 Episode: Botched Breakfast in Roselle Illinois

4 egg yolks
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted (1 stick)
Pinch cayenne
Pinch salt
Vigorously whisk the egg yolks and lemon juice together in a stainless steel bowl and until the mixture is thickened and doubled in volume. Place the bowl over a saucepan containing barely simmering water (or use a double boiler,) the water should not touch the bottom of the bowl. Continue to whisk rapidly. Be careful not to let the eggs get too hot or they will scramble. Slowly drizzle in the melted butter and continue to whisk until the sauce is thickened and doubled in volume. Remove from heat, whisk in cayenne and salt. Cover and place in a warm spot until ready to use for the eggs benedict. If the sauce gets too thick, whisk in a few drops of warm water before serving.

Gaylep
October 24th, 2003, 2:27pm
Stuffed Cabbage tonight with mashed potatos!!

dairyaire
October 24th, 2003, 2:30pm
portabella mushroom lasagna and garlic bread

bull
October 24th, 2003, 2:33pm
going out to eat at apple bees :jump:

SeaAngel
October 24th, 2003, 3:35pm
Tigress,
Thank you so much for the recipe, how very kind of you to help me out. I have been trying to cook mine over direct heat and my old stove's low flame is pretty intense. Cooking it over the hot water makes so much more sense. Wishing you a fabulous win today for being such a sweetie! :gvibes:

northbluffer
October 24th, 2003, 7:11pm
Fried jasmine rice combined with fresh Jalapena, onion, garlic, red bell pepper and chopped pork

PKB
October 24th, 2003, 7:21pm
What's for dinner? My excuse is I just got in from a bus. trip to Pittsburgh. I have airplane throat, so we're having whatever chef is preparing at Marche! Have a good weekend, everyone! :) :laugh:

akiss
October 24th, 2003, 7:28pm
Whole oven cooked chicken with Stuffing, roasted potatoes and carrots.
Fresh baked bread
Strawberrys and cream for desert

Current
October 24th, 2003, 7:36pm
Kids just left for their weekend with their father, so I get to pig out on leftovers and I don't have to cook!!!! Yippee!!!!!

For some reason, my girls don't like leftovers, even if it was something they liked to begin with. I love leftovers myself, so every other weekend, I get to clean out the fridge by scarfing up the stuff they won't eat.

Arranging leftovers artfully on my plate and making it look and taste as good as it did when I first cooked it makes me feel so Martha Stewart like......................
:smile9:

carolpie
October 24th, 2003, 7:55pm
I made a huge homemade chicken pie from scratch and with a biscuit topping. DH loved it.

timetowin
October 24th, 2003, 11:01pm
Today I made some chicken corn chowder and biscuits for an early dinner.

i'm eating strawberry margarita squares now. It's my late night dessert.

SeaAngel
October 25th, 2003, 3:43am
:hello: Hey Tigress!
Just had to pop back in and let you know that the Hollandaise turned out perfect. It turned out so velvety smooth and just the right thickness. I can not thank you enough for sharing the recipe. :gvibes:

tigress2b
October 25th, 2003, 10:29am
:hello: Hey Tigress!
Just had to pop back in and let you know that the Hollandaise turned out perfect. It turned out so velvety smooth and just the right thickness. I can not thank you enough for sharing the recipe. :gvibes:

Yahoo!!! Wish I could take the credit but it was Tyler Florence. Ive actually never made hollandaise. But I do love experimenting in the kitchen! Thanks for the update I was wondering. Congrats 'Chef Sea Angel'

NascarFan
October 26th, 2003, 2:27pm
Today we're having:

Stuffed Cabbage
Mashed Potatoes
Salad
Fresh Baked Rolls

Comfort food for a cold rainy day :munch:

carogonza
October 26th, 2003, 2:47pm
BF is working so I have to only feed myself and left to my own devices, it'll be popcorn or ice cream or something not good for me. If I get motivated, I may opt for something a bit healthier like a salad but most likely, it's popcorn!! YUMMY! :jump:

Heather
October 26th, 2003, 2:59pm
seasoned crawfish and grilled salmon with spinach salad

smartykat
October 26th, 2003, 3:06pm
Easy night tonight for Cookie..

Grilled Strip Steak
Baked potatoes
Salad

abebesue
October 26th, 2003, 3:18pm
Chicken Spagetti
Garlic Toast

auntputz
October 26th, 2003, 3:49pm
Sausage and spinach quiche and french onion soup

Mary Beth
October 26th, 2003, 3:50pm
Well, there will be apple pie for dinner tonight. DH bought some Stayman-Winesap apples. They're his favorite apples. In fact, they're so much his favorite, that if I make the apple pie now, he'll probably take me out for dinner.

northbluffer
October 26th, 2003, 4:46pm
Hillshire Farm cheddarwurst sausage
Red salad (Red bell pepper, red onion, tomato, celery, sliced water chestnuts, with red wine vinegar and oil dressing)

Thingirl
October 26th, 2003, 5:05pm
Shrimp, rice pilaf and a salad! Oh, and white wine too!
I can't wait...

timetowin
October 26th, 2003, 5:08pm
Chicken Kiev, baked potato, a small salad,
dessert or snack will be some fresh fruits with fruit dip.

BOOZIEQ
October 26th, 2003, 5:27pm
BEER, BISCUITS AND DEER CHILI
WHILE WATCHING NASCAR!
OH WHAT A GREAT SUNDAY!!!! :munch:

tigress2b
October 27th, 2003, 9:18am
Popcorn my favorite snack food (often used as a substitute for a meal) I think Im the only person who sometimes eats microwave popcorn for breakfast on weekends. hee hee
Crawfish, salmon all good, apple pie oh my Bender how about a brief description on how you deep fry the pork.

Everyone seems to such gormets around here!

Ok last night, homemade marinara with zuccini over four cheese ravioli and served with home made herb focacia bread (new recipe so easy and yummy)

As for today, still working on my morning coffee.

BlueIrishEyes
October 27th, 2003, 1:38pm
Tonight is grilling time: hamburgers on the grill, corn on the cob and fresh fruit--

NascarFan
October 27th, 2003, 2:58pm
Leftovers tonight:
Stuffed Cabbage
Mashed Potatoes
Green Beans
Rolls

suelee000
October 27th, 2003, 6:29pm
Crockpot Swiss Chicken casserol
salad

tommy
October 27th, 2003, 6:57pm
steak,potatoe and corn on the cob on the grill :smile9:

BlueIrishEyes
October 28th, 2003, 11:13am
Tuesday October 28

Tonight is Chicken Divan, avocado grapefruit salad, rolls

Good Luck and Happy Sweeping!!!

Vicky
October 28th, 2003, 5:06pm
Homemade vegetable, bean, and barley soup with crackers

Fresh brewed ice tea

:yum:

barb1590
October 28th, 2003, 5:13pm
barbecued bayb back ribs
rice pilaf
corn
salad

Current
October 28th, 2003, 5:25pm
Tonight is spagetti with my special sauce (TONS of freshly pressed garlic) and garlic bread.

NascarFan
October 28th, 2003, 5:26pm
Beef Stroganoff over Noodles

chelly_1022
October 28th, 2003, 5:31pm
spaghetti and salad....i am straving....

PKB
October 28th, 2003, 5:32pm
Chicken Pad Thai
Tea (not the sweet Thai variety!)
Dessert - Orange/Lime pie

dianecl
October 28th, 2003, 5:53pm
broiled salmon marinaded in white wine/olive oil
leftover mushroom risotto
Japanese vegetable mix
applesauce w/sprinkled cinnamon

Thank you, Costco!

Mrsloon
October 28th, 2003, 6:02pm
Beef stew. I use french onion soup in it with beef bullion and all the veggies. It smells great.

crystalviolet
October 28th, 2003, 6:55pm
Veggie Wraps mmmmmmmmmmmmm

allie
October 28th, 2003, 7:13pm
Hopefully some Chinese food.. Otherwise I dunno.. Hmm.. But I'm craving Chinese! (General Taos(sp) chicken, rice and egg rolls, lol)

Thingirl
October 28th, 2003, 7:14pm
We just had:
Salad
Mac-n-cheese
Green Beans
Boiled Sausage
....I can't figure out what I want for desert now!!!

TinyMoMo
October 28th, 2003, 7:31pm
WOW, reading these posts make me miss the fat , calories, and carbs I gave up 3 years ago.... :frown4:

I cannot imagine ordering a pizza or eating fried chicken.

We are having skinless chicken breasts from the foreman grill, stewed tomatoes, and a green salad with no cal vinagrette. Perhaps a glass of crystal lite lemonade to slosh it all down.

Gotta go fix dinner....

ignoramoose
October 28th, 2003, 7:39pm
My mouth is watering so much! PKB, phad thai is one of my all time favorite meals. Extra spicy, please! I used to work near Capitol Hill in Denver, and there is such a great little Thai place called Tommy's Thai on Colfax. I would eat there for lunch all the time, and I miss it so much now that I don't work near there anymore!

For dinner tonight I'm having boca burgers.

cardav52224
October 28th, 2003, 9:57pm
Tinymomo-
I couldn't agree more.
I had a broiled skinless chicken breast, brown rice and some veggies.
This thread makes me long for things I gave up long ago.

kcy76
October 28th, 2003, 10:04pm
We had a breakfast bake for dinner. It was really good, and even better reheated the next day!

pksoz
October 28th, 2003, 10:23pm
Tonight I had..........ready??? A bowl of raisin bran :worry: MMMMM :munch: :boring:

Suann47
October 28th, 2003, 10:30pm
Tonight I had Sonic and my kids had McDonalds, didn't feel like cooking :smile9:

regandrene
October 28th, 2003, 10:35pm
Shepards Pie

timetowin
October 29th, 2003, 3:00pm
Yesterday, we had Italian sausage pasta, salad, breadsticks

Today, I think we're going to make some grilled chicken, mashed potatoes w/gravy and corn on the cob. ..maybe biscuits too

tigress2b
October 31st, 2003, 9:39am
Ok First, last night was Chicken and mushroom enchiladas and spanish rice. Dessert (yes I daid dessert) homemade marble cake. Now I have to fess up the only reason we had dessert was because my DH made it the day before. It is simply delicious.

I suspect tonight most people will be having two fists full of candy!!!

captainmorgan420
October 31st, 2003, 10:04am
Never mind what IM having I'll bring wine! lol
OMG yuuuuummmmmmy and I was going to just
have takeout *(pizza) tonight
:nono:

Lutzplay2
October 31st, 2003, 10:08am
Happy Halloween!
It's a family tradition, we trick or treat in the neighborhood that I grew up in.
Mema & Papa(my parents) have tacos, chili and the fixins waiting for us when we are done hauling in our loot!

Now if I could only get someone to haul my a** around the neighborhood, the night would be perfect! LOL

tigress2b
October 31st, 2003, 10:15am
Lisa you crack me up!! Have a great time tonight! And Captainmorgan Chardonney sounds good to me!

susieand
October 31st, 2003, 12:41pm
Waiting for my boyfriend to get home so I can beg him to take me out to dinner!! I know I'm weird, but I absolutely hate halloween and try my best to avoid it. Since it's not really possible and I have to be a good sport as I am in college living with 5 Halloween obsessed roomies, I at least want some non-Halloween time alone with my boyfriend before I have to face reality!!:frown4:

SeaAngel
October 31st, 2003, 2:15pm
Lutzplay2: That is such a cool tradition! :cool2: Have fun!

Steak, buttered new potatoes, salad and left over Halloween candy, if there is any. Happy Halloween everyone! :jump:

tigress2b
November 1st, 2003, 3:00pm
Last night I only ate one piece of candy!!!

For dinner I made Asparagus Soup. Very hearty and creamy but doesnt use any cream. Served with fresh bread. (Anyone wants the recipe just email or pm me) Its really good!

northbluffer
November 1st, 2003, 4:39pm
How big was that piece of candy?

Tonight- London broil, potatoes, carrots and green beans.

Current
November 1st, 2003, 4:42pm
Tonight is cheese stuffed shells with Marinara sauce, and garlic bread sticks.

tigress2b
November 1st, 2003, 5:07pm
How big was that piece of candy?

Tonight- London broil, potatoes, carrots and green beans.

I can hardley believe it myself one Reese stick!!!! This is a mjor accomplishment for me. Now what do I do with the 40 pcs of candy I have left over????!!!

mmmm London broil yummy. How do you prepare it and how are you preparing the potatoes?

carolpie
November 1st, 2003, 5:17pm
Tonight for dinner- steam clean carpets, clean bathroom, wash dog, paint inside house-mostly doors and touch up, so it will be Tombstone pizza. And I look like crap in my work outfit. :worry:

northbluffer
November 1st, 2003, 5:35pm
I can hardley believe it myself one Reese stick!!!! This is a mjor accomplishment for me. Now what do I do with the 40 pcs of candy I have left over????!!!

mmmm London broil yummy. How do you prepare it and how are you preparing the potatoes?

Braised - salt pepper garlic and beef broth in the pan. Potatoes are cut in half lengthwise, and added to the the pot liquor in the last hour of cooking.

Thingirl
November 1st, 2003, 5:38pm
We're having:
Baked skin-on chicken seasoned with some garlic and paprika
Baked potatoes
Green Beans
Salad
Red wine (dry of course)

SeaAngel
November 1st, 2003, 5:43pm
I have a bunch of fresh mushrooms to use up so it's fried mushrooms and gravy tonight.

Lutzplay2
November 1st, 2003, 5:46pm
I am too tired from working overtime and trick or treating. So it is pizza hut or 82lbs of candy 2nite!
Decisions, decisions!
However I did have homemade ck salad for lunch--it was buy 1 get 2 free Ck breasts at Winn Dixie this week!

Oh yeah the tacos and Chili were :cheer7: EXCELLENT :cheer7: last night, nothing beats my ma's cooking!

Gaylep
November 1st, 2003, 5:53pm
OK so I went out last night - so tonight I'm making homemade pizza
one white and one redhttp://www.angelfire.com/oz/gp0/winged_girl.gif

tigress2b
November 1st, 2003, 5:56pm
Shiitake-Portobello Chowder
Yield: 4 Servings
Ingredients
4 shallots, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons margarine, divided
2 large potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
3 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
4 ounces shiitake mushroom caps
2 cups cubed portobello mushrooms
1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded Gruyere, or Swiss cheese
2 tablespoons Marsala wine
Salt and white pepper, to taste
Directions
1. Saute shallots in 1 teaspoon margarine in large saucepan until tender. Add potatoes and broth. Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Process mixture in blender or food processor until smooth; return to saucepan.
2. Saute mushrooms in remaining 1 teaspoon margarine in large skillet until wilted and golden brown, about 8 minutes; stir into potato mixture. Heat to boiling; remove from heat and add cheese and wine, stirring until cheese is melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Calories: 162
Protein: 5.6 g
Sodium: 114 mg
Cholesterol: 7.8 mg
Fat: 5 g
Carbohydrates: 24.7 g
Exchanges: 2 Vegetable, 1 Bread, 1 Fat

FYI: I took chicken broth and a package of sliced mushooms and cooked them down and added a cream to make cream of mushroom soup. I used it the next nite when I made chicken enchiladas. The guys said they were the best ones Id made so far. Guess Ill be skipping the canned stuff from now on unless Im in a time crunch (hmm thats always, oh well)

jklkj
November 1st, 2003, 6:06pm
this is great because i can never think of what to make

sliced turkey with gravy, peas, mashed potatoes
ice cream for dessert

mpumr
November 1st, 2003, 9:05pm
Tonight it was fried chicken strips (homemade), mashed potatoes and corn. Dessert is either ice cream (vanilla with Ozark black walnuts!) or candy, candy!

Marsha :wink3:

tigress2b
November 3rd, 2003, 8:59am
Saturday I went all out and microwaved some popcorn!!

Last Night was a cook fest

Roasted Turkey and gravy, mashed potatoes, oven roasted hearts of romaine with caesar dressing and fresh parmesan.

Dessert: Pears En Crote: Fresh pear cored and peeled stuffed with rum raisins, dates etc and wrapped in pastry. Baked and served warm with a drizzle of carmel sauce and a scoop of vanilla ice cream! YUMMMMMYYY

mpumr
November 4th, 2003, 10:01pm
Tonight: Chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, and cooked apples w/brown sugar and cinnamon :smile9: !

Marsha :halo:

songcat
November 4th, 2003, 10:55pm
Saturday was my little girl's b-day party so I made BBQ pulled pork and BBQ chicken (homemade)for sandwiches, baked beans, coleslaw, chips, raw veggies, dip, jalapeno poppers (homemade) and birthday cake (store-bought). Sunday was leftovers. Monday was Chinese takeout and tonight was tuna salad with wheat crackers.

northbluffer
November 5th, 2003, 10:10pm
Baked chicken breasts
Baked pototatoes with the works
Fordhook lima beans
Sourdough rolls

mpumr
November 5th, 2003, 10:29pm
Leftover spaghetti and garlic bread; along with corn, cooked apples. Cleaning out the fridge night!

timetowin
November 5th, 2003, 11:11pm
last night we ate sushi

tonight: i made beef veg. stew and corn bread

and right now, he is munching on some microwave kettle popcorn and watching a boring movie...while i'm on the computer...eating some chocolate (whoppers) leftover from halloween :smile9: not alot of kids showed up at the door for trickortreating...so I got some chocolate... :laugh:

mpumr
November 6th, 2003, 4:11pm
Tonight we are having BBQ pork roast along with green beans and mac and cheese.

Timetowin, I have a good brownie recipe that calls for Whoppers. Give me a few days to pull it out and I will post it. It's so yummy!

hotdoggy
November 6th, 2003, 4:23pm
Western style omelettes, fried potatoes, rye toast, and to drink, pineapple-orange juice

My dh loves omelettes so I fix them once in a while for dinner.

:)

northbluffer
November 6th, 2003, 6:26pm
Corned beef, cabbage, and carrots..........

And then restaurant meals for a week. We're taking a trip!

w -rm
November 6th, 2003, 6:47pm
It's ham and cheese sandwiches, Yummy.

First of all, I am the man of the house and i cook the best, so i usually cook dinner. It is usually something like Linguine, with Cream of Celery sauce with Chicken. Or maybe, T-bones cooked on the grill (even in the dead of winter) with Green beans, shells and cheese, and bisquits. :gvibes:

Current
November 6th, 2003, 7:46pm
Chicken soup and crackers.

I'm getting a cold and I feel like crap. I live on chicken soup and crackers during times like these. :worry:

Vicky
November 6th, 2003, 8:57pm
Fresh brewed ice tea, homemade chicken cutlets, eggplant casserole, tator tots, & applesauce cake for dessert.

Feel better. Current. :coffee:

TrishMc107
November 6th, 2003, 9:08pm
Tacos.

timetowin
November 6th, 2003, 11:45pm
Marsha, that would be great. I'm looking forward to trying out your recipe. hmm..whopper brownies sounds neat. :)

today we had bbq chicken, macoroni and cheese, green beans, and some rolls

songcat
November 6th, 2003, 11:47pm
Hamburgers, peas and carrots, tater tots and for desert......leftover birthday cake :worry:

DjDale
November 6th, 2003, 11:53pm
Tacos.

timetowin
November 8th, 2003, 7:26pm
we just finished eating curry chicken and rice for dinner.

it's cold outside..so I feel like drinking some hot chai soon. =)