PDA

View Full Version : Why don't dentists work on Fridays?

elittle2004
April 10th, 2009, 11:35am
My sister recently chipped her tooth (she has insurance) but virtually every dentist she called today is closed because it's Friday. Why in the world do many dentists not work Fridays? It seems very strange to me. My sister is in a lot of pain. She even said it was a emergency and even then it would be at least Monday or Tuesay before she could get a appointment.

noey718
April 10th, 2009, 11:38am
could it be only this Friday or all Fridays? It is Good Friday and they just might be on holiday.

twinreader
April 10th, 2009, 11:38am
My dentist office is open M-F, and even has someone on-call for emergencies during the weekends.

SkyNKatesMom
April 10th, 2009, 11:39am
my daughters dentist is also closed on fridays though during the week they are open later than the normal 9-5

robsterclaw
April 10th, 2009, 11:43am
My dentist used to work Friday's, but not for the past couple of years. He said there was too much paperwork that needs to be done and he and his office manager used to do it on Saturday's. He decided to quit working 6 days a week, so now paperwork is done on Fridays and dentist work is done M-TH. He will still do emergencies on Friday's and Saturdays.

jesslag
April 10th, 2009, 11:44am
Today is Good Friday. I bet that's the reason.

tiffnat
Our dentist is open until 10pm on Fridays and until 2pm on Saturdays-thats why we use him.

Nana*2*4
Dentist office are always closed when you need them...You have a toothache you can bet it's a weekend or after hours.

samf36
April 10th, 2009, 11:46am
My dentist works 9-4 2 days a week then 11 -3 one day and the office closes for an hour for lunch. I wish I could find another one that would take my bleeder kid.

ksmith47
April 10th, 2009, 11:46am
Dentist office are always closed when you need them...You have a toothache you can bet it's a weekend or after hours.

Yup.

Our dentist takes Monday's off and is open Friday.

triple*eee
April 10th, 2009, 11:54am
My dentist is not open on Fridays.

rajcjj1
April 10th, 2009, 11:55am
If you have a regular dentist then they would probably come in on emergency to help you. If you are not a patient yet they won't. Good luck I hope she is not in pain long.

RainGypsy
April 10th, 2009, 11:56am
Because they make so much money the rest of the week they can afford 3-day weekends?

plazamama
April 10th, 2009, 11:56am
golf

zelda
April 10th, 2009, 3:26pm
my dentist is open Friday....My question is why are most hair salons closed on Mondays'

mlnii
April 10th, 2009, 3:33pm
If I could work 4 days instead of 5, I would also. Mine is also closed fridays.

dementeddoll
April 10th, 2009, 3:36pm
when would they golf? geez ppl!! give them a break already!!! after all they are all going straight to hell. let them have fun on earth before they burn burn burn (for all the pain they gave me as a youth) hahahaha!!!

my kids love the dentist/ weird! obviously i am still damaged by them! i avoid them like the plague!

mvir9
April 10th, 2009, 3:39pm
You think that is bad . . . our local dentist (small, farming community) shuts down on days that the schools have special functions, and for football practice. :)

(We go to a dentist outside of town for this very reason!)

tmy56
April 10th, 2009, 3:41pm
my dentist is open Friday....My question is why are most hair salons closed on Mondays'

I think it has something to do with the union - it's the same with barber shops.

My dentist is open Tuesday thru Saturday.

TawnyNY
April 10th, 2009, 3:43pm
My sister recently chipped her tooth (she has insurance) but virtually every dentist she called today is closed because it's Friday. Why in the world do many dentists not work Fridays? It seems very strange to me. My sister is in a lot of pain. She even said it was a emergency and even then it would be at least Monday or Tuesay before she could get a appointment.

There should be an emergency dentist she can go to.

Silver Spring
April 10th, 2009, 9:06pm
Mine is closed on Fridays too.

mlminwilm
April 10th, 2009, 9:08pm
My dentist was always closed on Friday because it was his golf day.

tupik3702
April 10th, 2009, 9:40pm
This was a very popular idea way back when. Anyway, I believe that dentist and CEO's are the only ones that actually don't work on Fridays. This means that dentist and CEO's have near the same income. Well, who knows. Get yourself a real young dentist who hasn't had enough time to establish himself as one of the SUPER RICH! Good Luck! :notworthy

bigskwinner
April 11th, 2009, 12:26am
ours work every single day but sundays
hours of Operation: Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Friday: 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Saturday: 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.

pretty decent hours i do believe

ginnylee38
April 11th, 2009, 12:30am
Yeah, I'm thinking it's because it was Good Friday, and they were looking to get a long weekend. I hope your sister can get some sleep tonight, then she may want to try a medical clinic in the morning for some pain medication at the very least, until she can see a dentist.

suziebee20
April 11th, 2009, 4:44am
Mine works on Fridays, but he has Mondays off.

Evilactionfigure
April 11th, 2009, 5:18am
My dentist is closed on Fri. No clue why, never asked.

Sun and Mon are hairdressers/barbers weekend.
Sat is the busiest day of the week for salons. It makes sense to be open on the top money making day of the week.
Mon, not so much. Even if a shop is open on a Mon, its generally a dead business day. If a person rents a booth, it can be good day if a person has enough appointments to make it worth it to work that day. For people on commision it can really suck if they have no appointments are are hoping to catch walk ins. Sometimes its profitable. Other times, a day could be spent at work, and not a dime is made. For salons that pay employees hourly if its dead, cool, the hairdresser is still getting paid. Sucks to be the owner that day. Hopefully enough money is being made to turn a profit, or at least break even for the day.
More often than not it can cost a salon more to be open on a Mon than closed.

deb126
April 11th, 2009, 7:03am
Ours is also closed on friday, and there are two of them- Husband and Wife dentist team but since they had kids they started closing on friday and she stopped working, ( must be nice... :wink2:)

MSDOGWHISPER
April 11th, 2009, 10:32am
I worked as a surgical dental asst for 17 years and my schedule was always m,t,th 8-7 weds 8-1 and off friday. Alot of office use that time for office work. But normally there should be a doctor on call.

andee506
April 11th, 2009, 10:41am
If I had an established practice, I would only work 4 days a week too.More time for family,relaxing,friends,hobby.

ironbutterfly
April 11th, 2009, 1:37pm
Many medical offices take a day for paperwork, updating charts, transcribing notes etc:type: Both of my regular doctors do.