PDA

View Full Version : You cannot guess what he did with Icy Hot

jordan123
April 9th, 2009, 1:09am
Okay - now it is a funnnnnny story since he is just fine and dandy

My son, age 5 , brushed his teeth with Icy Hot:hairraise...... He cannot read yet and thought it was a new toothpaste.

Lord , love a duck:shocked4:........

crackercrumb
April 9th, 2009, 1:13am
haha.. ouch!

& just a tip: never get it on your testicles. :(

Miki
April 9th, 2009, 1:16am
Oh, that poor baby! I did something with icy hot before to my husband, I swear it was an accident.:goofy2:

MistySunrise
April 9th, 2009, 1:23am
oh the poor dear! hehe I hope he wasnt too traumatized.

tawnjun
April 9th, 2009, 1:25am
My sister's in-laws put icy-hot on my 13 month niece (at the time) thinking it was body lotion. She started to tell them it burned, but they thought she was just complaining and left it on for about a half hour before they noticed her skin turning red. They had to bath her and bath her. She HATES having lotion put on now. Gee, I wonder why!

bosslady2898
April 9th, 2009, 1:26am
Oh the poor kid! Now he has to endure his whole life with one of those embarassing family stories....like my poor cousin Tommy...he was only 8 when he did it but almost 50 years later we still have to tell how he washed his hands over the Thanksgiving mashed potatoes...:rofl3:

ppammela
April 9th, 2009, 1:29am
haha.. ouch!

My dh has problems with heat rash during the summer so he shaves "down there", well he decided one night it would be quicker to just use the electric razor instead.. yeah pinched his junk in the blades, if that wasnt bad enough once he recovered he thought well I might as well slap some after shave on them so they smell pretty for the wife...... I heard him screaming from across the house roflmao...

elizabethb
April 9th, 2009, 1:33am
My dh has problems with heat rash during the summer so he shaves "down there", well he decided one night it would be quicker to just use the electric razor instead.. yeah pinched his junk in the blades, if that wasnt bad enough once he recovered he thought well I might as well slap some after shave on them so they smell pretty for the wife...... I heard him screaming from across the house roflmao...

I can't decide whether to laugh or recoil in horror...the agony. OUCH! :hairraise

My husband and I once had a little mishap with habanero peppers. It was the first time I'd handled habaneros and I didn't know that I was supposed to wear gloves when cleaning them, and, well, things got a little heated that night.

WeenyMomma
April 9th, 2009, 1:45am

OMG, LOL! :doh:

jordan123
April 9th, 2009, 1:56am
No - I was the freaked out mom of the year:goofy2:

I kept him up late so I could watch him and he got tired of my literally watching him and asked to go to bed:rofl3:

He is a high tolerance for pain , so I pay very close attention. He is so cute, I call him my " littel Frazier Crane" as his sock and underwear are folded and stacked, his books are stacked perfect and he is SO anal about how he does things.

thanks for the love/sex vs. icy hot stories:rofl3:I needed a good laugh

oh the poor dear! hehe I hope he wasnt too traumatized.

PrincessLisa
April 9th, 2009, 1:56am
Oh no! My 4 year old Emma got into the icy hot this week too. Luckily she just used it on her legs as lotion. I can only imagine getting it in my mouth! Too cute!

yadgirl
April 9th, 2009, 2:00am
My cat licked the Ben Gay once. He was totally nuts for hours.

luloops
April 9th, 2009, 2:15am
My husband fell asleep and woke up to brush his teeth realizing that he fell asleep without doing so. He started gagging and to his horror he had brushed his teeth with my bikini cream. It has a slight cooling effect. Not too far from toothpaste.:rofl3:

sheila10253
April 9th, 2009, 2:33am
I feel your (and his) pain. My daughter at the age of 4 brushed her teeth with Preperation H. Only time I ever had to call poison control in my life. Now its funny but it sure was not then!

EllaBarns
April 9th, 2009, 2:50am
haha.. ouch!

I know a guy who actually uses it for.... you know...

He likes pain...

dementeddoll
April 9th, 2009, 3:45am
did you call poison control? omg i wouldnt know what to do!!!!

one time my kids ate a bunch of tums and i called poison control freaking out!!

CAmom
April 9th, 2009, 10:48am
When i was in college a friend of mine was an RA in a freshman boy's dorm. There was this one guy that was always causing problems and had a steady stream of girls in and out at all hours. He popped into my friend's room one night wanting to know if he had anything he could use for anal sex. My friend gave him some icy hot. He said you could hear them screaming all the way to the shower.

DDFuller
April 9th, 2009, 11:06am
I remember when my son was small he ate some Icy Hot. I was freaking out and called Poison Control. They were NO help, they were like "Do you want an ambulance?" I was like "I don't know, do you think I need one?" I had no idea if it could hurt you or not. I took him to the hospital myself, and they said he was fine. They said it could be harmful if he had eaten too much of it.

I think my son thought it was some sort of candy. After that I was more careful to keep things far away from him! LOL!

BlondieChick22
April 9th, 2009, 11:26am
I put an icy hot patch on my back last night, I slept funny. It was painful taking the patch off! Worse than a band-aid!

caseycupcake
April 9th, 2009, 11:27am
Another reason why some items should be placed out of reach.

barbs
April 9th, 2009, 11:33am

My son, age 5 , brushed his teeth with Icy Hot:hairraise...... He cannot read yet and thought it was a new toothpaste.

I fully understand what you mean about your story being funny NOW - after the fright wears away.

(And parenthood gives whole new answers to the question "Now what?")

Folks - GET SOME "MR YUCK STICKERS!!!

Sabra505
April 9th, 2009, 11:42am

My late SO (God rest his soul) did the same thing and he could read just fine!

Hope your little guy is okay now!

brwe
April 9th, 2009, 11:58am
I never had an experience with Icy Hot, but once my husband had eaten a jalapeno pepper and didn't wash his hands and then touched me - well, you can guess. It burned! He didn't get what he was after that night.

jordan123
April 9th, 2009, 1:30pm
geesh, thanks for the "you will never make mom of the year comment" .....

very helpful:bhead::bhead:

elizabethb
April 9th, 2009, 1:36pm

I wouldn't worry about it, Jordan. My husband jokes all the time that the only way we could keep everything out of our kids' reach would be to attach all of our stuff to the ceiling. They're climbers. It's a good thing you discovered quickly what had happened.

captainmorgan420
April 9th, 2009, 1:38pm
:laugh: my dirty mind was thinking maybe your hubby did something 'crazy' with it OMG I have such a dirty mind :jawdrop:

Glad your son is okay, I'll bet he doesn't do that again. :laugh:

Scibba
April 9th, 2009, 1:58pm
haha! Back in the day . . . one of my friend's was hung-over after a night of partying and brushed her teeth with Desitin. I've never tried it, but she said it was really hard to get off of her gums! LOL

DDFuller
April 9th, 2009, 2:01pm

Believe me I was always careful about putting things up. My son came into my room and got it from a spot I thought he couldn't reach. I had just used it and put it away. He must have seen me and snuck in when I wasn't looking. Still no excuse, I should have had it up higher in a child-proof cabinet.

sheila10253
April 9th, 2009, 2:02pm

I lost the Mother of the year nominaton too many times to count! But my kids are adults now and alive and healthy ! In my earlier post my daughter did the same thing with Prep H. And my own mom had a cow when she found out about the incident and let me have it with both barrels. And like someone else said I would have had to glue it to the ceiling and she would have still found a way to get it if she wanted to. Dont sweat it! You are a great mom and kids will be kids!:hugs:

heatherg_cna
April 9th, 2009, 2:18pm
Oh, that poor baby! I did something with icy hot before to my husband, I swear it was an accident.:goofy2:

An accident? Why don't I believe that? Could have been a passive-aggressive thing.:laugh2:

TES283
April 9th, 2009, 2:27pm
I so feel for all of the mis-fortunes and am ROFL at them also. I hope we all can learn from their mistakes.

MISSYKADE
April 9th, 2009, 2:31pm
:magic:My son got into a tube of toothpaste when he was little and tried to brush his teeth. He came out of the bathroom all proud saying "LOOK MA I BUSHED MY TOOFIES". I swear I about nearly feel over. He looked like he had rabies and was foaming at the mouth. He is VERY fair skinned and the tootpaste gave him a first degree burn all around his mouth. I had to call poision control and told me thank GOD we got it off right away because the ingredients in the tootpaste could continue to burn your skin if you leave it on.

I've been there so many times, I feel for you. You'll get through it and PRAY that your little one doesn't get into those little round marbles. That was another experience I would never want to relive.

Many happy wins to you.

jenninshelby
April 10th, 2009, 12:28am
YIKES!! LOL! That stuff hurts if ya get it in wrong place.. OMG!!