PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news!

mcclave
March 31st, 2009, 12:02am
FDA: Avoid Foods Containing Pistachios
The FDA warns consumers to stop eating all foods containing pistachios while
they figure out the source of a possible salmonella contamination.

http://www.ksat.com/health/19049535/detail.html?treets=ant&tml=ant_natlbreak&ts=T&tmi=ant_natlbreak_1_09370103302009

OHANA
March 31st, 2009, 12:36am
Crud and i just saw an article today for some stachio's and was going to go buy a few bags at the $ store. Now i will have to wait out the next nut scare!:bhead:

jordan123
March 31st, 2009, 12:46am
thnks op !

Will forward on to family and friends... Not good, I hope no one gets ill over this

Beth
March 31st, 2009, 12:55am
:eek2:I swear to God I am sitting here munching on them and then I open up your post. :shock:

MaryAnn75
March 31st, 2009, 12:56am
:frown5: It's getting so a person is scared to eat anything!

Miki
March 31st, 2009, 12:58am
I'm considering going "nut free" :nono:

OHANA
March 31st, 2009, 1:06am
:eek2:I swear to God I am sitting here munching on them and then I open up your post. :shock:

Oh you just had to say that now I'm going for the sunflower seeds, hope those are safe for now!

ironbutterfly
March 31st, 2009, 9:37am
I'm considering going "nut free" :nono:

If it's not the nuts, it's produce or virtually anything you don't heat to eat that could potentially be a danger.

Our food industry is so corrupt, it has gotten so the left hand has no idea what the right hand was doing. There are too few inspectors to properly monitor all production facilities, so corners are cut. All it takes really is just one person cutting corners to contaminate the whole production process.:goofy3:

secular
March 31st, 2009, 10:03am
If it's not the nuts, it's produce or virtually anything you don't heat to eat that could potentially be a danger.

Our food industry is so corrupt, it has gotten so the left hand has no idea what the right hand was doing. There are too few inspectors to properly monitor all production facilities, so corners are cut. All it takes really is just one person cutting corners to contaminate the whole production process.:goofy3:

Ding, ding, ding. It is really sad when they can not even trace the food from the farm to the store. Too many suppliers, distributors, etc.

Federal inspectors who conducted a survey to identify gaps in the nation's food traceability system told a House subcommittee yesterday that they managed to trace only 5 of 40 products through the full production and distribution chain and that some food facilities didn't know they needed to keep source contact information.

http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/cidrap/content/fs/food/news/mar2709trace-br.html

Thank God the slow food, local grown, CSA bought, grow your own notions are becoming more popular.

MistySunrise
April 11th, 2009, 3:00am
man!! that figures... I have been craving pistachios. I guess I will have to wait till this all blows over.