PDA

View Full Version : Popular Soft Drinks Removing High Fructose Syrup

speedysweeper
February 25th, 2009, 5:24pm
Snapple, Pepsi, Mountain Dew Among Heavy Hitters That Will Say Goodbye To Controversial Ingredient
Reporting
Kirstin Cole
NEW YORK (CBS) ―

In a competitive marketplace drink makers are trying to keep customers happy and are now ditching high fructose corn syrup.

Snapple is doing it and so is Pepsi and Mountain Dew, too.

High fructose corn syrup is getting tossed by beverage makers, who instead are opting for plain sugar. It's a reversal of a trend that goes back to the 1980s and not a moment too soon for some customers.

http://wcbstv.com/topstories/high.fructose.corn.2.942150.html

Chrysie
February 25th, 2009, 7:12pm
I think that is great! I wish all soft drink companies would do that.

secular
February 25th, 2009, 7:16pm
Awwww, poor corn refiners association. (www.sweetsurprise.com) I feel so bad for them.

Pssssst .... the "sweet surpise" is that no one wants that crap.

eddyzip
March 4th, 2009, 12:17am
:cheer: It it's true, then I'm switching from coke to pepsi! Yaaaaaaayyy!! Of course, some experts say the body doesn't really know the difference between sugar and HFCS, it's just too, too much of either one of them.

robsterclaw
March 4th, 2009, 1:10am
I know in our meetings they have talked about us (Pepsi) wanting to go back to sugar a couple of years ago and the problem was a machine called a warmer. It warms and melts the sugar. Well when everyone switched to HFCS they sold the warmers to other countries. And that is why soda made in Mexico and other countries still has sugar.

Soda tastes so much better being made with sugar. Now if only they would also bring back long neck metal capped bottles. It would suck for us Pepsi workers, but it sure makes the Pepsi better!

CharmCity
March 17th, 2009, 2:10am
Clicked through one of the links in the WCBS story, and the Pepsi/Dew exercise is just a temporary one, with the sugar-recipe goods being tagged as "throwback."
http://www.bevreview.com/2009/02/09/pepsi-throwback-mountain-dew-throwback/