PDA

View Full Version : Test, test

Brent
September 17th, 2003, 7:01am
Well, what do you guys think? I still have some work to do, so please keep that in mind. :)

Brent

jcns
September 17th, 2003, 7:41am
:) :) :) :) :)

allie
September 17th, 2003, 7:43am
Though I am confused as to why some titles for some members are "registered users" and others are their sweeper statuses. Oh well, no rush but pointing it out since you asked and all. ;)

greenwidow
September 17th, 2003, 7:48am
Looks good! But I like green better as well

Katie Scarlet
September 17th, 2003, 7:49am
Because we are beginning the beta test Allie... That is why the titles have changed.

Katie :)

allie
September 17th, 2003, 7:51am
I just noticed that newly registered, oldies, some with no posts, some with tons have "registered user". I have it as well and I donated in May. So I didn't think it had to do with that, lol. Thanks. :)

shermt1
September 17th, 2003, 7:55am
Great job, Brent!! Looks great!

sweepsfreak
September 17th, 2003, 7:59am
Looks great!!!

Sabra505
September 17th, 2003, 8:00am
Very nice, Brent!

GinGin
September 17th, 2003, 8:01am
Hey Brent. Havent had a chance to look around yet, but I appreciate the fact that you take so much pride and time into OS. So....where can I send my donation? I do not have paypal and also do not wish to sign up with paypal....so is there another way to send you some green?

Thanks!

Ginny

minipod
September 17th, 2003, 8:06am
The site looks great, and I'm just thankful that I'm part of this community. :supstar: :supstar: :cheer7: :cheer7:

Tametaz
September 17th, 2003, 8:37am
The site looks great!!!! Thanks for all your hard work Brent!!

Feisty Girl
September 17th, 2003, 8:39am
WOW--that neat!!Thanks Brent! :cheer3:

NashvilleGirl
September 17th, 2003, 8:41am
:toot: [FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=7][COLOR=Red]SHARP! :jump:

tweety6561
September 17th, 2003, 8:42am
Looks great but waaaay too slow loading for my computer. Even typing this message...I type and the words don't show up for 30-60 seconds. The forums have been getting slower and slower for me lately, to where I dread using them. Do you know why this could be happening?

caseycupcake
September 17th, 2003, 8:43am
I'm not sure if so clearly offering the option of "qoute message in reply" is such a good idea. I'm on dial-up and the shorter the message window the better. I know this option was always available, but not many used it.

snappleone
September 17th, 2003, 8:49am
This looks nice so far. Keep up the good work.

It took me some time to dig out my password as I had to relog on at home and at work. But, I'm finally here.

Thanks

uagirl
September 17th, 2003, 8:53am
Looks great brent. My question is, how have we all managed to get a dot by our reputation? I would hate to get a bad one! :cool2:

noelleray
September 17th, 2003, 8:57am
whew,i thought something was wrong with my computer,it looked different! looks good now that i looked around and oriented myself.

gabyzee
September 17th, 2003, 8:59am
Love it! Had a little scare this a.m. when I went online and OLS wasn't there, but it's back and better than ever! REALLY love the formatting right at the edge of the window. Of course, now every other word will have bold, underlined, italics, or something! (LOL)

suelee000
September 17th, 2003, 9:02am
:cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

LadyT
September 17th, 2003, 9:03am
Brent,
I've only hit the tip of the iceberg but as much as I've seen so far looks fantastic. I couldn't find the "view new posts button" but found it finally unser the temporary buttons.I had no problems with anything being slow but then again, I have dsl. You've done such a great job. It just keeps getting better and better. :dance: Okay we've seen your picture, but who are you really??? Maybe :superman: !!! :smile9:

jeannierosado
September 17th, 2003, 9:03am
I like it, great job Brent!!

mykansascat
September 17th, 2003, 9:08am
Whew!!! That white blank page this morning was a shock!! But looks like we're back and even better :cheer7:

suzybeth
September 17th, 2003, 9:12am
Whew!!! That white blank page this morning was a shock!! But looks like we're back and even better :cheer7:

Scared me too Paula,
I like the layout, It will take a while for my brain to adjust, I'm a creature of habit and change kinda blows my mind for a bit.

If we find any problems where should we report them?

sarahbethe
September 17th, 2003, 9:12am
Looking good!

maizy
September 17th, 2003, 9:15am
Okay- I haven't had my morning coffee yet- where can I find my personlized sweeps page?????

JULIE4104
September 17th, 2003, 9:17am
So far so good!!! I am not so good with change but give me a few minutes and all will be well!! I hope! THANKS for all your hard work!!!

Blueyes4444
September 17th, 2003, 9:23am
It looks good but when I went to check my pm's I couldn't find them at the bottom, then found them at the top. Where is the reply buttom that you use when trying to reply to a pm? I though I searched everywhere, I couldn't find that little sucker anywhere! lol. :smile9: :smile9: :smile9: :smile9: :smile9:

Dixiebelle31
September 17th, 2003, 9:24am
Ok it is a bit confusing at first because it (the forums) look soooooo different. So I am going to play around here and see what things do and letcha know. Thanks =0)

wrinklepup
September 17th, 2003, 9:25am
I have a question... how do you use smileys now? I don't see where you get them now... I also love the new site. thanks

ResourcePress
September 17th, 2003, 9:31am
It looks great but it is very much slower on my computer and I cannot find the "view all new posts" anywhere. I was just not up for another change now. My biz partner wanted out of the business so I have lots of changes to set up my business as sole proprietor. Also my internet host is upgrading to 2.0 and all of my passwords and controls are changed there. I am sure it will be better, but today just wanted the regular old site and to not have to figure out how to do the basic things.

freak4sweeps
September 17th, 2003, 9:35am
I like it but it is taking forever to load on my computer too!! I was in a panic this morning when i got the white page too :)

Vicky
September 17th, 2003, 9:37am
if you click the go advance button, it will put you in the advance mode.That is where you will find the smileys. If you post in the quick reply it won't. I think. :supstar: :cheer7:

maizy
September 17th, 2003, 9:38am
Have I lost my personlized "my sweeps" ??

Current
September 17th, 2003, 9:41am
Looks GREAT!!!!!

I am going to have to play around with this, so many NEW things!!!

GOOD JOB!!!

:cheer7:

clbrowni
September 17th, 2003, 9:43am
change is good for you, and the new ones are great, thanks for keeping the site hip :)
cindi

Blueyes4444
September 17th, 2003, 9:49am
Hey has anybody else seemed to have "lost" the reply to a pm funtion?

Dixiebelle31
September 17th, 2003, 9:55am
I REALLY like the "printable version" and "email this page" options in the forums. There have been a number of times I wanted to share something I read with my sister or something and this makes it a lot easier.

PS and if you tell me those options have always been there I will kick myself for not noticing before. :laugh:

twinmommytoo
September 17th, 2003, 9:57am
Very nice! It looks great. :supstar:

Dixiebelle31
September 17th, 2003, 9:59am
So far, I am only noticing changes in the forums section. Have there been any changes to the sweeps section?

Carolg
September 17th, 2003, 10:06am
I'm sure the new changes are very good, but it's too slow. It's taking forever to load a page.

Carol

kcy76
September 17th, 2003, 10:08am
I like the new changes. It will probably take some time getting used to them. The smiley that I always used on my posts isn't an option yet, so now I have to find another one. Also on the old format I had a link to my website posting all of my wins, and now it is gone! I'm not sure how to get that back so I will have to play around with things.

FaithHopeJoy
September 17th, 2003, 10:09am
I love the new look but it takes a very long time for me to reply and for pages to load. Is it my computer? I use AOL and have Windows XP

chinchilla
September 17th, 2003, 10:18am
Thanks, Brent, for all your hard work! :)

One thing is really bugging me, though -- the Online-Sweepstakes.com logo at the top of the page is on a white background, but that graphic is now on a green background, so it looks sort of tacked on, like it wasn't created for that space.

It would also be nice to have more congratulatory-type smilies (e.g. clapping smilie) come up in the "Standard Smilies" box at the left of the message box where you type a reply.

[Edit - looks like you fixed one of my "issues" already. ;)]

And it is sorta slow. I'm on cable. (Now I feel bad picking at it - I really do LOVE the site!)

carogonza
September 17th, 2003, 10:18am
It looks great but it is very much slower on my computer and I cannot find the "view all new posts" anywhere.

I was about to ask about "the new Posts" button as well. Since I check the board once in awhile during the day, I always went straight to see the new posts before anything else. Am I missing it or has it been deleted??? I really liked being able to read the new posts as opposed to having to go to every forum and looking for any new posts.

LauriePowell
September 17th, 2003, 10:21am
I am on cable and usually everything loads so fast. Just getting through these 45 posts has taken about 7 minutes for loading time.

So far thats the only thing I have seen that I don't like is the lag between pages.

Laurie

Current
September 17th, 2003, 10:22am
I love the new look but it takes a very long time for me to reply and for pages to load. Is it my computer? I use AOL and have Windows XP

I have AOL and XP also, RuthJohn, and it is extremely slow for me too. But I'm sure that it will get all straightened out.

Does anyone know what the reputation thingie is?

Vicky
September 17th, 2003, 10:25am
okay now I see that when you click on post reply button you get the smileys or if you go to the go advanced button..You don't get the smileys if you just post into the quick reply box..

carogonza
September 17th, 2003, 10:27am
I was just looking around and it is a lot slower. I am at work and I have a DSL line. At home, I have dial up modem. I hope it's not too slow there.

WHen will we know if we are included in the beta testing?

respira
September 17th, 2003, 10:28am
how can you tell if you are registered or not? someone mentioned there is registered under peoples names and sweeper status under other...all I see is sweeper statuses..does this mean I'm not registered?
Also yea whats the reputation thing all about?

westernpipsweeps
September 17th, 2003, 10:31am
thanks Brent!!!!!!!!!looks great!!!!!!!!

amy2951
September 17th, 2003, 10:33am
Looks great-Can't wait to see the rest!

butsie13
September 17th, 2003, 10:44am
I guess your going to have to be a paid users to have post a HTML signature - My says that my HTML code is off!

fairiebabe
September 17th, 2003, 10:49am
I miss the "view new posts since your last visit thing!!!!!

katieco
September 17th, 2003, 10:49am
Brent, The site looks really great , but it is extremely slow :worry: loading the pages. I have cable internet now and I have to say that this is way slower than dialup. Pages are taking forever to load. Is this just temporary? I sure hope so. This a.m. I couldn't even access the site for a while. I just got a white page with done down at the bottom.

Also, when does the paid membership start and what is the cost? And what does the green dot represent beside our number of posts? :)

EALSKI
September 17th, 2003, 10:55am
To view new posts look at the upper right hand corner of your screen. I believe there are 5 arrows. Click on the second one from the left. (it's a temporary botton)

TrishMc107
September 17th, 2003, 12:37pm
Good job. Thanks!

Dixiebelle31
September 17th, 2003, 12:38pm
I am assuming you are wanting comments and feedback and I also realize you are in the process of working on things right now. So, another comment from me. I can't open the private messages in my inbox. I can open and read the ones I sent but not the ones sent to me. :grin5:

carogonza
September 17th, 2003, 12:45pm
To view new posts look at the upper right hand corner of your screen. I believe there are 5 arrows. Click on the second one from the left. (it's a temporary botton)

Thanks EALSKI!!

Current
September 17th, 2003, 12:46pm
I am assuming you are wanting comments and feedback and I also realize you are in the process of working on things right now. So, another comment from me. I can't open the private messages in my inbox. I can open and read the ones I sent but not the ones sent to me. :grin5:

Dixiebelle,

Try scrolling down to the bottom of the page......My inbox was down there, under the sent PM's.

Hope that helps......

:cool2:

TrishMc107
September 17th, 2003, 12:52pm
Okay call me stupid but what is this quick reply and how do you use it.
Obviously I am not good with changes lol.

Hope
September 17th, 2003, 12:54pm
My computer is taking forever to load pages...is this temporary? Is there something I can do to speed it up?

GloryFrost
September 17th, 2003, 12:56pm
On the forum pages, the Home, My Sweeps, Etc. Is gone from the bottom of the page. I really like this feature because I didn't have to back track through all the forums to get to the beginning again. Is there any way to reinstate this feature?

Rick
September 17th, 2003, 12:57pm
ican'tgetthespacebarortheshiftbuttontoworkatall

lilreddevil38
September 17th, 2003, 1:41pm
WHOA!!!!!!!! :toot:

Love it so far, the few pages i have seen. momentary panic until i found the "new posts" button. LOL i LIVE by that button!!! :laugh:

looks great!!!

kris

EGNATZ1
September 17th, 2003, 1:49pm
Hey Brent Looks Great But The Font Size For Some Of Us Elders Is A Little Small Going To Have To Get A Magnifying Glass Lol

Dave

butsie13
September 17th, 2003, 1:51pm
Hey Brent Looks Great But The Font Size For Some Of Us Elders Is A Little Small Going To Have To Get A Magnifying Glass Lol

Dave

I have to agree Dave, wish the default font size was a little bigger!!!

purplebradley
September 17th, 2003, 2:03pm
WOW! Not sure what I think, yet. All these changes will take some getting used to.
:smile9:

lucky134me
September 17th, 2003, 2:27pm
Looking good! :smile9:

Cusmile
September 17th, 2003, 2:37pm
Change is always a good thing. Keep it up! Looking good!

butsie13
September 17th, 2003, 2:49pm
Hey has anybody else seemed to have "lost" the reply to a pm funtion?

Yes, I have and so have many others - hope its just a glitch in the system and not a paid area!!!!

StarbucksAddict
September 17th, 2003, 3:00pm
Yes, I have and so have many others - hope its just a glitch in the system and not a paid area!!!!

:chill: :chill: :chill: :chill:
*Star

goldylox
September 17th, 2003, 3:03pm
If you want to change your font size you can go into your tools menu at the top of your web browser. Select Internet Options and then click on Accessibility button (at the bottom right corner of your screen).

Then put a check in the box marked "Ignore font sizes specified on web pages"

Then go into the view menu and scroll down to where it says text sizes. You should then be able to choose your own text size. Hope this helps.

Goldylox

:gvibes:

JOYWIND
September 17th, 2003, 3:28pm
Patience you guys. This is day one, a tiny glitch or two is to be expected. I, for one, am thrilled with the changes and I'm sure for all that fear leaving the comfort of familiarity will be too once they warm up to the new improvements.

No one has been deemed paid or unpaid yet so let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Happy, happy, joy, joy.

:)

sweepsfreak
September 17th, 2003, 3:31pm
Wow, thanks, goldylox! :bubbles:

whist
September 17th, 2003, 4:00pm
Its great!! YAY!! :royal: :toot: :smile9:

EGNATZ1
September 17th, 2003, 4:08pm
Brent Just So You Know A Couple Times Today Trying To Access Forums Everything Froze Up And I Had To Reboot My Whole System. I'm Using Aol9.0 As My Browser. Thought It Was Just Aol At First But It Has Only Happened On This Site. Just Thought You Would Like To Know.

Dave

EGNATZ1
September 17th, 2003, 4:33pm
Also Brent Is There A Reason It No Longer Lists The Names Of People Viewing A Forum. Found That Useful When I Wanted To See Posts From Certain Members.

Dave

LadyT
September 17th, 2003, 4:40pm
I forgot to say that I absolutely LOVE the feature that when you mouse over a new sweep you can see if it's one,time,weekly,etc. Thanks!

Kab313
September 17th, 2003, 5:02pm
As still somewhat of a newbie, I was just getting used to the "old", but there doesn't seem to be too many drastic changes, only improvments! I am so grateful for all your hard work. I love this site-any way it is!

nikki
September 17th, 2003, 5:09pm
Love it .... Thanks Brent with all your hard work.

smartykat
September 17th, 2003, 5:20pm
WTG Brent...

I guess this is where to post a glitch?
After I peruse the new posts I usually go back to the first page and refresh to pick up anything new that was posted while I was perusing. (I hope this makes sense?) Now, after I refresh, the times are not in order from newest to oldest. Instead they are jumbled. No biggie, I just thought you may want to know. I'm probabaly the only one that does this anyway..

The changes are great...You go guy!!!
kt

eleksa
September 17th, 2003, 5:28pm
Brent everything looks great!!! My pages load slow but I have dial up. It does not seem to be any different in that respect. I like the option of bold italic and underline. I have not yet figured out what linear, hybrid and threaded is just yet. Also I am thinking that I see black dots and green dots next to the number of posts. Is that indicating junior and senior sweepers? Also someone else mentioned the logo on the white background looked unusal. I have to agree. Perhapes you could leave it there but on the green background and drop the members, faqs, calander ect button down on the white background. They still would be easy to "read" as they are green. Just an escetic thing. Hummm if you could put in a spell checker you would be the Mac Daddy dude!!!! You have a nice clean looking site Brent.
Elaine

Blueyes4444
September 17th, 2003, 5:34pm
Also Brent Is There A Reason It No Longer Lists The Names Of People Viewing A Forum. Found That Useful When I Wanted To See Posts From Certain Members.

Dave

Yeah I liked that feauture too! Somebody, in another thread, suggested we do polls for new features. I think this would be a good idea. Like how much you use certain features and your favorite ones.....etc. Just an idea. :smile9: :smile9: :smile9: :smile9: :smile9: :smile9:

Bigfootsmother
September 17th, 2003, 5:40pm
wow, it looks great!

SweepingBeauty
September 17th, 2003, 5:54pm
I was here this morning when it was off. Now I can leisurely look around and see what I need to learn/discover. Thanks for the hard work. We appreciate your dedication to the maintenance and updating of this site. :toot:

Indy
September 17th, 2003, 5:55pm
Thanks for the huge effort you've put into the site...it really shows!

I like it for the most part, but-it does seem like it is much slower - and I, too, would appreciate the larger sized font.

I'm also having trouble deleting an old pm.

Other than that....looks great.

EGNATZ1
September 17th, 2003, 6:23pm
Brent There Also Used To Be The Drop Down Menu That Included A Way To See What Other People Were Doing When They Where Logged In To The Site Is There Anyway To Still Do That I Used To Like To See What Others Were Responding To Or Reading While They Were On The Site.

Dave H

meek1643
September 17th, 2003, 6:55pm
Really great, you have done a simply fantastic job, thank-you. Gee did not think it could get any BETTER. Once again thank-you. :jump: :smile9:

avalanche
September 17th, 2003, 6:56pm
Looks pretty good. Just trying to get use to the changes.

velvet49329
September 17th, 2003, 6:58pm
I love it! All of my concerns have been addressed by others,so I'm sure you'll take care of it or let us know what's going on with it. Fabulous job Brent! Thanks so much for all of your hard work.

AlliGator2
September 17th, 2003, 7:24pm
:royal: I didn't have any problems logging on. I like what I see so far. :smile9:

superchickee
September 17th, 2003, 7:40pm
:cool2: I like the changes!

yobies
September 17th, 2003, 7:53pm
Lookig Good!

thebiggirl_1
September 17th, 2003, 8:20pm
Hi, I don't have time to go though the entire site because my brain is fried after 3 straight days of server diagnotics training. The only thing I quickly noticed is that I had an email that I had a PM. When I went there, I did not see a PM. Also where it says in the upper right hand corner "Welcome, the biggirl_1. You last visited..." it says I have 1 unread Private message but there are no new ones that I have not read.

Pardon me if someone else has reported it.

butsie13
September 17th, 2003, 8:47pm
Hi, I don't have time to go though the entire site because my brain is fried after 3 straight days of server diagnotics training. The only thing I quickly noticed is that I had an email that I had a PM. When I went there, I did not see a PM. Also where it says in the upper right hand corner "Welcome, the biggirl_1. You last visited..." it says I have 1 unread Private message but there are no new ones that I have not read.

Pardon me if someone else has reported it.

Me too Big Girl - I can read my private messages but I can not respond because i do not have a reply button - Wish someone anyone would let us know what the probelm is - if there is one!!!

StarbucksAddict
September 17th, 2003, 8:58pm
Me too Big Girl - I can read my private messages but I can not respond because i do not have a reply button - Wish someone anyone would let us know what the probelm is - if there is one!!!

Hit the quote button to respond, butsie.

*Star

fullabull
September 17th, 2003, 8:59pm
Can You Hear Me Now???

Vicky
September 17th, 2003, 9:03pm
Yeah all you have to do is click the pm button to reply. ;)

butsie13
September 17th, 2003, 9:07pm
Hit the quote button to respond, butsie.

*Star

Thank you Star - there have been many of us that were wondering how to do reply to a PM - we were all so used to the reply button!!!!!

Dixiebelle31
September 17th, 2003, 11:12pm
I forgot to say that I absolutely LOVE the feature that when you mouse over a new sweep you can see if it's one,time,weekly,etc. Thanks!

I can't find that feature. Where exactly are you talking about? Thanks :)

NM I found it. For those wondering, in the New Sweeps Forum you can mouse over... I was looking on the main page. :cool2:

Dixiebelle31
September 17th, 2003, 11:17pm
Ok that cracked me up. That being the Wazzzzzup, Dixiebelle31 in the sweeps list. Is that new or did I just notice it today. :laugh:

goldylox
September 18th, 2003, 1:02am
Hi Brent,

I just wanted to say Hi and tell you that the site looks great. I can tell that you really love what you're doing.

I know that you (and the gang) are still hard at work trying to work out all the bugs and such, but stop and give yourselfs a pat on the back for all that you've accomplished so far. This site is the best.

Thanks a bunch,

Goldylox

:cheer3:

Marie
September 18th, 2003, 1:20am
Well, what do you guys think? I still have some work to do, so please keep that in mind. :)

Brent

I'd prefer for the date to be what day it is (September 18th, etc) and not "yesterday" and "today". I know it's a small thing but I'm so dependent on this that I kept having to look at my computer calendar.

The speed of pages loading has improved somewhat since earlier today. I don't know if it's because changes were made or if less people are online right now. I have DSL and it's been crawling like dial-up on OS.

Otherwise, the changes look great though I really don't use most of the features. Thank you for asking for feedback!

carolpie
September 18th, 2003, 2:05am
:laugh: Very fancy! Thanks Brent. You are a busy one! :supstar:

pattyjusty
September 18th, 2003, 6:10am
Thanks for all you do!!

respira
September 18th, 2003, 7:53am
I have to say as usual you have outdone yourself, it's the difference between driving an old dependable chevrolet to a fancy BMW with all the bells and whistles! I still haven't firgured out all the bells and whistles, does it have cruise control too? :laugh:

tbono
September 18th, 2003, 9:23am
Brent, everything looks GREAT. Thanks for all the hard work you and the mods put into this site.

Tina :cool2:

barb1590
September 18th, 2003, 9:56am
Great job! It was worth my not being able to enter anything early yesterday morning!

alice
September 18th, 2003, 4:16pm
I think I like it. I have to looked around some more and how
come I had to login?
Alice

phyedguy98
September 18th, 2003, 4:51pm
Looks good Brent. Thanks

sunnycal
September 18th, 2003, 5:07pm

Great Job!! Thank You!

Fflur
September 18th, 2003, 6:49pm
Looks great! When do you sleep!? :type:

avalanche
September 18th, 2003, 8:07pm
Brent, change is good, but I just have a problem dealing with it. :laugh: :laugh: I'm starting to get use to things and I like alot of the changes. I thought I would share a dream that I had last night (probably from to much sweeping and not enough sleeping :laugh: ) A week or so ago the were concerns from others about people posting all their wins in, what I guess is the signature line. In my dream I was able to click on their profile or a wins button under the post to see what they have won. This could also be a way for them, or me to keep track of their wins, while letting all the others see what can be won here. :cheer7: It's just a dream that I thought I would share...Keep up the great work.. YOUR AWSOME.. :jump: :cheer7: :jump: :cheer7:

Rick
September 18th, 2003, 9:16pm
The whole new setup is just outta control. Or shall I say, Off the Heezy?! Better yet, Brent (and EVERYBODY who helped put it together), I love it. I'm ready to sign up! :cheer: :cheer7: :dance:

kidsareus
September 18th, 2003, 9:46pm
To Brent and everyone who keeps this site going. I raise my glass to all of you.
:toot:

alwitmayer
September 18th, 2003, 10:34pm
I especially like the quick message reply function.

PS I don't have any reputation yet. :o

kimber3287
September 19th, 2003, 11:33am
Even though I been here a short while I like the newer look. It makes it a bit easier to find things. Thank you for providing this for all of us sweepers and if it does become pay service I would gladly do so to continue to be able to be a part of this great community of people!

Teddybear
September 19th, 2003, 11:59am
still lookin good Brent

DelilahVela
September 19th, 2003, 12:07pm
It looks great. I appreciate all the time you put into this. I want to be a member when you start charging. I love this site. :toot:

Quamba
September 19th, 2003, 12:34pm
Looks "and" runs GREAT! Nice job and kudos for what has to be an incredible amount of sleepless nights! I've always thought this was the best site on the web and still do! :clap:

bev1132
September 19th, 2003, 12:37pm
i like 'cause it is not dark and dingy looking.

alwitmayer
September 19th, 2003, 3:02pm
For the last couple of days, there were a series of "temporary" buttons at the top right corner of the page (e.g., simple search; mark this forum read) but today they are gone... and so are some of the functions. Still under construction? :grad:

purplebradley
September 19th, 2003, 3:06pm
I just want to say that Brent is doing a great job! The more time I spend at the forums here, the more changes I discover and the more enjoyable my time becomes at these forums.

GTBuzz
September 19th, 2003, 5:29pm
Brent and Katie,

Thank you for all your wonderful work. I really like the site especially today. It looks like everything has been streamlined today and I am sooooo relieved. I have to admit that yesterday I was a little worried about the new look being so cluttered. You fixed it today....yeah!

I like how you took a lot of the extra stuff off the top header and made things a little smaller. I didn't like how much room that took as it was just extra scrolling, but you fixed it!!!! I am also relieved you put the menu back at the bottom of the page that is great.

I am so relieved you removed the quick reply in the posting section. It was way too much stuff and too much scrolling. I was hoping that if other's liked it maybe you would give us an option to close it if we didn't use it to remove some of the extra stuff, but you removed it...yeah!!!

I had some weird problems this morning when I was opening a sweep it was like the screen wrote over itself (so double words) but that is gone..

2 Quick Questions: When you are replying where is the button to click to add a URL? Is there any way that we can have space to put like our top 3 smilies in our box? I know we can open the "show all smilies" but I have so many windows open daily it would just save me from having to keep another one open when I post. So in other words, leave the ones you have but maybe have a couple blank spots and we can drag our top xx number into the box? No biggee just thought I would ask :)

Thank you Thank you I am soooooo much happier today. This teaches me to have the utmost faith in you guys and to learn patience (not my strong suit). :halo:

Heather

Katie Scarlet
September 19th, 2003, 6:45pm
Heather,

We have plans for the smiles that I think you will like. Not sure when that change will happen but it has been on the drawing board for sometime already.

As for the quick reply box, that may or may not be gone for ever. It was one of the changes that we have been considering for sometime as well. It does shorten the load time and it does relieve the servers just a tad to have it there since that is one less page to load when replying to a thread.

It is still very much a site in transition however... can't wait to see what changes tomorrow brings myself!

GTBuzz
September 19th, 2003, 7:01pm
Katie you are so efficient and wonderful as usual... :hugs:

Thanks for the update. I understand about the load on the servers and I am sure you guys will do what is best. If you keep the quick post could there possibly be a way that we could shut it or minimize that box so it takes up less room if we aren't going to use it? Just a suggestion if you guys discuss it.

I will just wait and see what changes happens tommorrow and I am guessing that the http box that we used to have will come back or something like it so we can post URLs in our replies (I will just be patient and trust in your great wisdom.... :)

I can't wait to see what the changes will be with the smilies. Thanks for putting up with me... :halo:

Heather

Katie Scarlet
September 19th, 2003, 7:40pm
Heather sweetie... you are too kind!

You can post a url now with in a post without that box. The software should automatically recognize it and make it a link for you -- like this --

http://www.online-sweepstakes.com

See... no worries!

Katie :hugs: right back at you!

GTBuzz
September 19th, 2003, 8:21pm
Thanks....I kind of figured it out half way as I just posted something about Trading Spaces. I first clicked on the little globe/link button and did it that way and it worked...then I noticed when I just typed it in it worked...so you guys had us covered.... :smile7:

Umm...just so the moderators or whoever reads the "contact us" emails doesn't think I am a total ditz. I reported an error message I was getting when I opened a new sweep....I forgot to tell what sweep... :rolleyes:

It was the javelinahunter one but I think it is ok now...just wanted to clear that up. Jeez that's what I get for jumping between this site and Coke Music (I am determined to win one more thing from that site before the sweep ends...even if it kills me)..sorry for rushing.. :sweat:

Heather

TAWANDA
September 20th, 2003, 12:27am
I love this site. I love the set up, I love the people.............but, I MISS MY SIGNATURE that Butsie made me and I want to have it back!!

Cusmile
September 20th, 2003, 12:44am
but, I MISS MY SIGNATURE that Butsie made me and I want to have it back!!
I was just noticing all the missing sigs! where'd it go??? Hopefully just a glitch that will be solved here soon.

I remember our go-live at the hospital. It was a big thing. We had promblems up the u know what for months before we got most of the fixes in and everything tweaked just right. We are still making changes to this day and it has now been 10 years. . It is hard at first but it irons out eventually.

Luv everyone and this site.

cowleyh
September 20th, 2003, 3:36am
brent, there are several things wrong and i'm giving you one hour from now to fix them!

hee hee

doing a great job! where do i send the red bull? will you accept a case of that as payment?

omg, i crack myself up! :laugh:

i think i'm sleepy.

mmkay, then.

wrinklepup
September 20th, 2003, 10:21am
[COLOR=RoyalBlue]I have a question How do you get the color to work when you post?

cbar
September 20th, 2003, 6:12pm
OK, I was just learning to get around the originial site!!!!!!!!LOL! Well, you CAN teach old dogs new tricks! Thanks Brent, and all the mods and editors for making such a wonderful site! Seems the reputation button has quite a "reputation"! LOL! You guys are GREAT! THANKS AGAIN, Cheryl :supstar:

candes
September 20th, 2003, 6:47pm
have a question How do you get the color to work when you post?

What seems to work for me:

Type what you want. Then highlight the text and choose your size. Then highlight again, and choose color.

Cecilia

TNrina
September 20th, 2003, 6:54pm
Cool...thanks Cecilia

candes
September 20th, 2003, 7:07pm
Cool...thanks Cecilia

Your welcome. I think it is cool that we can color coordinate with our avatar.

AWESOME

Cecilia

TNrina
September 20th, 2003, 8:05pm
Your welcome. I think it is cool that we can color coordinate with our avatar.

err.........I haven't passed the font AND the color course yet :rolleyes:

OOPs I guess I did LOL

Katie Scarlet
September 20th, 2003, 9:05pm
Here you go Dave -- http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77670

wrinklepup
September 21st, 2003, 11:25am
Thankyou candes!

Xanax
September 21st, 2003, 1:46pm
I think it's great and so glad to be a part of this thank you for all the hard work and to all who contribute :supstar:

princessJ
September 21st, 2003, 1:53pm
So Far So Good

Nowniki
September 22nd, 2003, 3:10pm
Everything is working great for me!!! Thanks for all of your hard work

kathytracey
April 11th, 2004, 6:07pm
:gvibes: :gvibes: :gvibes: :gvibes:

dgeeze
April 11th, 2004, 7:11pm
I must be the only one but I have no changes. Everything looks the same to me. I have logged off & relogged on without any success.Any suggestions?