PDA

View Full Version : Suddenly unemployed? let's support each other.

gemini lion
December 8th, 2008, 6:40pm
I am seeing more and more threads lately about people being laid off due to the horrendous state of the economy.

I am being laid off from my job at the beginning of Jan. I am working now with cut hours but that's only for a couple of weeks and then that's it.

I thought it would be a good idea to start this thread for those of us in the same boat. I didn't think I would be having to start all over again at my age. I was working for the same company for 13 years and planned on working there until I retired.

Perhaps we can help each other or at the very least have a place to vent.

guruwan2b
December 8th, 2008, 7:20pm
Vent away. I'm pretty sure a lot of us are just one meeting away from being where you are.

I don't know what this thread is supposed to do, but any OLSers who are suddenly unemployed have my thoughts and prayers.

PGRIFF
December 8th, 2008, 9:37pm
DH went to the unemployment office today and was surprised to see several people he knew . I know he felt alone. seeing other hard working people in the same boat was a little better ...sort of.

gemini lion
December 9th, 2008, 6:19am
Vent away. I'm pretty sure a lot of us are just one meeting away from being where you are.

I don't know what this thread is supposed to do, but any OLSers who are suddenly unemployed have my thoughts and prayers.

As far as what this thread is supposed to do I guess it could be a number of things. Networking, venting, etc.

Maybe I shouldn't have started it.

gemini lion
December 9th, 2008, 6:20am
DH went to the unemployment office today and was surprised to see several people he knew . I know he felt alone. seeing other hard working people in the same boat was a little better ...sort of.

Can't he do the unemployment stuff on-line? Sorry he lost his job.

It's going to get worse before it gets any better that's for sure.

CathyVeester
January 12th, 2009, 8:42pm
There are so many OLSERS who have lost their jobs of late.

I wonder if we could have a thread where we could post job opportunities OR leads for jobs that we know about that we can share with others here???

I think that could be useful.

gemini lion
January 13th, 2009, 4:38am
There are so many OLSERS who have lost their jobs of late.

I wonder if we could have a thread where we could post job opportunities OR leads for jobs that we know about that we can share with others here???

I think that could be useful.

I think there may be one already Cathy..I have to look. Good idea if there isn't one though.