PDA

View Full Version : How do you get red soda pop out of carpet?????

sillychildz
September 8th, 2003, 12:20pm
How do you get red strawberry soda pop out of carpet?????

noelleray
September 8th, 2003, 12:31pm
i use Shout on my carpet and then the steam cleaner to help get red juice stains out.club soda(if you have it,i never remember to keep it) might help.

BEARHUGS65
September 8th, 2003, 12:34pm
get a new carpet,move, or move your furniture if all else fails---- ok ok-

i have used warm oxy clean and woolite and used old towels to blot up old stains from previous people living here but i do like the idea of new carpet!

kbsocial
September 8th, 2003, 12:36pm
Oxy Clean works wonders. I use it all the time and my mom has used it to remove stains that her steam cleaner could not remove!

smartykat
September 8th, 2003, 12:39pm
hmmm...I know to get red wine out. Maybe it will remove red soda pop. Pour some carpet cleaner soap into about 1/4 cup of Hydrogen Peroxide. The mix should contain quite a bit more Hydrogen Peroxide than soap. If you don't have carpet cleaner use dishwashing soap.
Hope it works...it removes red wine like magic!!!

kt:smile3:

ups91
September 8th, 2003, 12:43pm
My aunt swears by Resolve. I know it will take Big Red ( red cream soda) out of white carpet. She haswhite carpet throughout her whole house!! It is Stainmaster, but with as many kids come and go through her house, I would get new carpet!! OxyCLean is great too!! It's gets chocolate milk out of the carpet!

mstaken00
September 8th, 2003, 1:17pm
For those red or colored stains that just will not come out, try using a little three-percent hydrogen peroxide from the drugstore. Always pre-test in an inconspicuous area first.

I don't know about this, I have never tried it.

Just another solution.

Pam

sillychildz
September 8th, 2003, 2:13pm
Oxy Clean, huh?! This is so crazy, I bought some Oxy Clean Carpet cleaner, and never used it, so I had a stain on a shirt, and used it on that and it worked wonders. So I ended up using the entire bottle as a pre-treater on laundry stains, lol. It get the stains out like a dream even better than the Oxy detergent. Now I am out.

I do have some hydrogen peroxide. My husband said that it would bleach out the carpet, is that true? It is tan carpet the stain is on. That ole cheap strawberry soda you can get on sale @ Harris Teeter, but it tastes good. I always run out of coke, and Sprite, and I don't like spending SO much on soda, so I get some of the cheap stuff too.

Sorry it took me a few minutes to reply, my computer is giving me fits this morning, I downloaded me another anti-virus. Seems to be doin good now.

Anyway, anyone know the answer to my hydrogen peroxide question?

salymsmommy
September 8th, 2003, 2:34pm
I would try OxyClean first. I swear by this stuff after a 'round with my step-son. He decided to dye the tips of his hair blood red while we were at work. He ended up tipping the entire container of dye on my taupe carpet in the middle of his bedroom floor. What splattered from that ended up on my white walls, doors, and cabinets.

I didn't discover the stain until late that evening after it had PLENTY of time to dry. I made a thin paste of oxyclean and scrubbed it down into the fibers of the carpet and let it sit for 10 minutes. Then i vaccumed it up and did it again with a thinner paste. After the next 10 minutes the dye was gone completely. And it just took a few wipe-downs of the doors and walls to get that out.

Love that stuff.

Mare
September 8th, 2003, 2:45pm
OR I swear by this little formula...1/2 cup of white vinegar to 1/2 cup warm water with a drop of dish soap.
Mix and apply to the stain. Then blot with white paper towels and lay some paper towels over the spot after you're done blotting until the wet spot is dry.

sillychildz
September 8th, 2003, 2:48pm
Originally posted by Mare
OR I swear by this little formula...1/2 cup of white vinegar to 1/2 cup warm water with a drop of dish soap.
Mix and apply to the stain. Then blot with white paper towels and lay some paper towels over the spot after you're done blotting until the wet spot is dry.

Thanks, I was looking for a cheaper way out of it. That sounds too easy, just the way I like it, lol!

I am running a tad low on cash, and I didn't wanna have to buy Oxy today. Thank you, salymsmommy I agree with what you said too.

greenfly
September 8th, 2003, 2:58pm
Definitely try seltzer water or club soda before anything else.

Everything else will set the stain in. You should be able to blot it out with seltzer or club soda.