PDA

View Full Version : Dont like either McCain or Obama??

sugspc
October 21st, 2008, 3:49pm
I'm just getting the word out since I dont see anything on Bob Barr. He is also in the running for president. Too bad our media doesn't cover him because it's controlled by both parties. :(

I'm voting for Bob Barr to make a point...Libertarian is another option!!

http://www.bobbarr2008.com/

RockysJewel
October 21st, 2008, 4:20pm
The really bad idea of doing stuff like that is you take away votes from the one person you would prefer over the other. The alternate people will never win and it is a huge waste of time and votes.

I mean either obama or mccain WILL be president so which one would you rather have. I know you probably say neither but that won't happen. One WILL be so help choose the one you at least hate the least.

Just my advice

hawkshoe
October 21st, 2008, 5:58pm
The really bad idea of doing stuff like that is you take away votes from the one person you would prefer over the other. The alternate people will never win and it is a huge waste of time and votes.

I mean either obama or mccain WILL be president so which one would you rather have. I know you probably say neither but that won't happen. One WILL be so help choose the one you at least hate the least.

Just my advice

This has long been an argument against 3rd party candidates. Personally, I think you should vote for who you want, regardless of the odds. If nothing else, it sends a message. If more people voted the way they want and not the way they feel they need to, perhaps the third party candidate would be a viable option.

jhannum44
October 21st, 2008, 6:11pm
I say, go right ahead and vote for Bob Barr. Anyone else who is unsure, Bob needs your votes.
Bless his heart;)

happysmileylady
October 21st, 2008, 6:12pm

Just my advice

Additional political parties will not gain ground with sentiments like this. I believe that having only two parties is not good for our country and the only way to bring the additional parties in is for them to gain support. And in fact, there are currently a few independents in congress and I know in my local offices, there are a couple held by libertarians

It's kind of like saying that a woman will not win so there's no point in voting for a female candiate. Change cannot happen if people won't support those who embody that change (by being of a different party, gender, race, etc etc than who is normally elected) so it's important to have those people continue to run and continue to campaign for votes.

And the concept of voting for someone you don't support just because that person is the candidate that you dislike the least disgusts me.

sugspc
October 22nd, 2008, 12:15pm

Just my advice

He may not win this time but the more people vote for another party the better it will be years down the road. You need 15% of voters to show up in the polls to then have the candidate be part of the debates. I like the option of not have to choose either because I dont care for either one.

OHANA
October 22nd, 2008, 12:22pm
I am in for BoB too, i can not stand either of the other ONES!

Lutzplay2
October 28th, 2008, 12:50pm
I just found this thread & think it's great that you are sticking to your principals. I saw Bob Barr on " Glenn Beck" & was impressed with most of his answers to the questions that were asked. I wish he had been in on the debates. But as usual it, it is a 2 party system, no other parties are allowed to participate. We have a few token members in Congress to make us think we have a Democracy but thats it.

They say timing is everything. Ross Perot won 20% of FL votes in 1992-can you imagine what percentage he would be getting in this election?

sallykay
October 28th, 2008, 12:58pm
I think it's great that people vote at all. I've said this before, but in 1980 when I was young and dumb I voted for John Anderson. Learned my lesson, and discovered that the advice of my American Government professor was correct. Put your vote to where it will do the most good.

Honestly, I do believe you are essentially wasting your vote when you don't vote for someone who actually has a chance of winning. Your "statement" by doing so is doing nothing really.

When people vote for those other people--and gawd knows who's on our ballot--I believe Ron Paul is, and I'm not wasting my vote on him--it can screw up the outcome of the race between the two who can win.

That being said, again, please just vote! For anyone, for any reason--it's our right and, I believe, our obligation as Americans.

FaygoPop
October 28th, 2008, 1:30pm
My friends, one day there will be more viable parties in this country and the Internet will be a big tool in that...but this is not the year, I mean, be logical, it's not happening this year...but vote for who you want to, it's your right, you betcha! ;)

floomper
October 28th, 2008, 1:44pm
Additional political parties will not gain ground with sentiments like this. I believe that having only two parties is not good for our country and the only way to bring the additional parties in is for them to gain support. And in fact, there are currently a few independents in congress and I know in my local offices, there are a couple held by libertarians

It's kind of like saying that a woman will not win so there's no point in voting for a female candiate. Change cannot happen if people won't support those who embody that change (by being of a different party, gender, race, etc etc than who is normally elected) so it's important to have those people continue to run and continue to campaign for votes.

And the concept of voting for someone you don't support just because that person is the candidate that you dislike the least disgusts me.

I agree completely. Well said :-)

dmbsituation
October 28th, 2008, 2:06pm
The ideal of a political system having more than one party is great, but it's how it comes into practice that is truly important.

A good third party would have to combine the good traits of the dems and repubs. However, not many third parties are wanting to do only that. Or they take a trait of the dems or the repubs and take it to the max, thus only taking people from one party, not both, which is needed for a third political party to be "viable".

I think voting for the lesser of two evils is not what voting is about and have not/will not ever vote that way, but people are free to vote as they choose.

CheckedOut
October 28th, 2008, 2:57pm
The ideal of a political system having more than one party is great, but it's how it comes into practice that is truly important.

A good third party would have to combine the good traits of the dems and repubs. However, not many third parties are wanting to do only that. Or they take a trait of the dems or the repubs and take it to the max, thus only taking people from one party, not both, which is needed for a third political party to be "viable".

I think voting for the lesser of two evils is not what voting is about and have not/will not ever vote that way, but people are free to vote as they choose.

in this election i disagree. while people want to pigeon hole barack, he really hasnt been around long enough to have entrenched himself within the old guard of politics. so there is a chance he could effect real change. now it may not be the kind of change you want, but i personally think any kind of change to get us off the track we have been on for the last 8 years is crucial. barack will at least do that, and there is some good potential for the rest. so i would not waste my vote this year on a 3rd party because the chance of the republicans running the show for 4 more years is simply too great.

LastLaugh
October 29th, 2008, 6:04am
I'm voting for Bob Barr to make a point...Libertarian is another option!!
So is defenestration**, but I wouldn't recommend that either.

**officially approved word of the day.

LastLaugh
October 29th, 2008, 6:05am
I am in for BoB too, i can not stand either of the other ONES!
Neither THAT ONE nor THE OTHER ONE?

LastLaugh
October 29th, 2008, 6:07am
I saw Bob Barr on " Glenn Beck"
Was he beating him up or making sweet, sweet love to him?

LastLaugh
October 29th, 2008, 6:09am
My friends, one day there will be more viable parties in this country
My friend is having a Halloween party that will probably roll until the crack of dawn. Would that be considered viable?

Lutzplay2
October 29th, 2008, 11:30am
Was he beating him up or making sweet, sweet love to him?

LOL!!! too, too funny! Actually neither, which is rare! I sure do miss Glenn. He doesn't pretend to be impartial like some people on tv.

As for the voting issue, I have enjoyed reading everyone's opinion.

FaygoPop
October 29th, 2008, 11:32am
LOL!!! too, too funny! Actually neither, which is rare! I sure do miss Glenn. He doesn't pretend to be impartial like some people on tv.

Did they take him off of Headline News at 9pm? I thought I saw Lou Dobbs on at that slot (repeat of his 7pm show)

prezli
October 29th, 2008, 11:36am
Part of having the right to vote is voting for who you want to vote for. No vote is ever a throw away vote even if the candidate you have chosen has no chance to win. It is all about exercising your right as a citizen to vote. So I think you should go for it. Vote for whoever makes you feel the most comfortable. Just vote!

-pretzel

annulla
October 29th, 2008, 11:45am
Too bad our media doesn't cover him because it's controlled by both parties. :(

Yep, it is just a big conspiracy. Yep. It's that liberal-conservative media cabal that controls all newspapers, magazines, radio & television stations and the Internet. Yeah, you really convinced me that yours is the group with rational, well-reasoned, sound ideas.

sallykay
October 29th, 2008, 12:13pm

Isn't he going to FOX? That's where he belongs.

FaygoPop
October 29th, 2008, 12:22pm
My racist mother is going to vote for the Green Party or Nader. She does not realize that the Green Party candidate is black!! I think that is too funny. She is 80, and she thinks McCain is too old. She is also a democrat and voted for George Wallace.

Maybe she thinks the candidate is green?

FaygoPop
October 29th, 2008, 12:25pm
Isn't he going to FOX? That's where he belongs.

Why?

Shouldn't all views be on all networks? Shep Smith, Greta Van Susteren and Geraldo Rivera are Democrats (or at least lean that way) and they are on Fox.

I don't get all of this media bashing...although it's entertaining to see KO and BO go at each other, I don't learn anything from it...I find myself watching Comedy Central more and more at 8pm, just to get away from both of those windbags.

sugspc
October 29th, 2008, 3:11pm
Yep, it is just a big conspiracy. Yep. It's that liberal-conservative media cabal that controls all newspapers, magazines, radio & television stations and the Internet. Yeah, you really convinced me that yours is the group with rational, well-reasoned, sound ideas.

A little harsh statement dont you think? The media is paid by political parties to run ads. Obama paid several million dollars to run his ad (which is being viewed tonight at 8pm). It's 30 minutes long! He got his money from voters. He's just one example.

The more people support other parties and provide funding and go out and vote the more other parties have a fighting chance in the elections. Ross Perot was heard because he used a lot of his own money to get his vote out.

I dont think my vote was a wasted vote. It was a vote to show support for a third party. I just dont support McCain or Obama.

Lutzplay2
October 29th, 2008, 3:14pm
Yes,Glenn Beck is going to Fox. Jane Velez Mitchell has been on here in his time slot. I like her when she is on Nancy Grace because she actually lets the defense speak. But now that she has her own show she might as well have OBAMA written on her forehead. I don't have a problem with someone choosing a candidate. I have a problem with people pretending to be impartial. She lets the left side speak & then interrupts or dismisses the right. Independents don't exist!lol

And with all due respect,to my friend sallykay Fox DOES show both sides.I should know. I am a Pro-Choice, Gay Right Supporting, Gun Toting, Proud to be an American, Independent via Libertarian Voter!

Trying to make a decision in this election-what a nightmare. I have had sooooo much smoke blown up my rear from both sides that I could fart my way to the moon & back.

It amazes me that people still don't see that the people running for office are still politicians. Any well dressed, good looking, smooth talking man can promise me the world from a bar stool at 2am, I am just not at the point at my life where I am going to fall for it. Same rule applies for those guys sitting on stools, with a plate of chicken wings in front of them,drinking beer, staring at the hot chick in front them, thinking about how great things are going to be later.

There is a 99.9% chance you will not get everything that was promised. However there is a 100% chance there will always be lies, half-truths, smear campaigns & radicals on both sides.

Voting has never been so much fun!!!!Where the heck is Ross Perot???

sallykay
October 29th, 2008, 4:07pm
Why?

Shouldn't all views be on all networks? Shep Smith, Greta Van Susteren and Geraldo Rivera are Democrats (or at least lean that way) and they are on Fox.

I don't get all of this media bashing...although it's entertaining to see KO and BO go at each other, I don't learn anything from it...I find myself watching Comedy Central more and more at 8pm, just to get away from both of those windbags.

Yes, of course. I generally don't watch any of the talking heads. They give me a headache. The only show I really like is Anderson Cooper 360, and I don't even watch that much.

sallykay
October 29th, 2008, 4:10pm
Yes,Glenn Beck is going to Fox. Jane Velez Mitchell has been on here in his time slot. I like her when she is on Nancy Grace because she actually lets the defense speak. But now that she has her own show she might as well have OBAMA written on her forehead. I don't have a problem with someone choosing a candidate. I have a problem with people pretending to be impartial. She lets the left side speak & then interrupts or dismisses the right. Independents don't exist!lol

And with all due respect,to my friend sallykay Fox DOES show both sides.I should know. I am a Pro-Choice, Gay Right Supporting, Gun Toting, Proud to be an American, Independent via Libertarian Voter!

Trying to make a decision in this election-what a nightmare. I have had sooooo much smoke blown up my rear from both sides that I could fart my way to the moon & back.

It amazes me that people still don't see that the people running for office are still politicians. Any well dressed, good looking, smooth talking man can promise me the world from a bar stool at 2am, I am just not at the point at my life where I am going to fall for it. Same rule applies for those guys sitting on stools, with a plate of chicken wings in front of them,drinking beer, staring at the hot chick in front them, thinking about how great things are going to be later.

There is a 99.9% chance you will not get everything that was promised. However there is a 100% chance there will always be lies, half-truths, smear campaigns & radicals on both sides.

Ha ha! I just saw a clip of Ross Perot and his flow charts on the tv recently. My dear departed mother was a big fan of Ross. Too bad the man is dead, or maybe he isn't?

I've enjoyed this election, too, in fact, more than any other except Bill Clinton's first one. And we really had no internet back then. I'm not sure if AOL was up yet then. I was in my first semester of law school, working my butt off, but it was an exciting time to be in a University town that was all for Clinton.

dmbsituation
October 29th, 2008, 4:13pm

Great post.

Somehow people have forgotten that McCain and/or Obama are politicians. When Obama lies, it's ok if it's a smart move. When McCain lies, at least he's not Obama.

FaygoPop
October 29th, 2008, 4:21pm

The inventor of the infomercial for presidential candidates;) Where the hell is Ross Perot, haven't heard from him in years.

Lutzplay2
October 29th, 2008, 4:31pm
The inventor of the infomercial for presidential candidates;) Where the hell is Ross Perot, haven't heard from him in years.

Who knows, he was pretty old. Then again probably some of the $$ from the bailout, secretly went to the AHCO (American Human Cloning Organization), so there is always hope for the next election. Did I actually just say that?????ROFL LMAO!