PDA

View Full Version : I hate Walgreens pharmacy!

Defenderofthefaith
October 20th, 2008, 7:15pm
They are so lazy and slow and rude!

IrishRose23
October 20th, 2008, 7:17pm
I definitely agree that they are RUDE!!! We used to always get our prescriptions filled there, until the last incident. Now, we use Wal-Mart.

Kutty1101
October 20th, 2008, 7:22pm
I stopped using them a long time ago. They consistently did not "DAW"....dispense as written by my MD. Then, I'd have to make a stink ands have them refill it correctly and wait. Too much hassle!

Defenderofthefaith
October 20th, 2008, 7:26pm
Unfortunately they are the closest pharmacy to me, but maybe I should try to find a different location. They put all the mom and pop pharmacies out of business and now I have to deal with them.

tamster34
October 20th, 2008, 7:26pm
I'll vote for slow & it really irks me when 1 person is working the drive thru & the counter & they don't acknowledge you until they're ready to wait on you.

How hard is it to say "I'll be with your shortly".

skpaw
October 20th, 2008, 8:54pm
They are not all like that. We can take in a prescription on a nasty winter day when they are dealing with all kinds of chest infections and other problems and they have it ready in less than 30 minutes. 15 minutes if they are not dealing with a big outbreak of illness. They are polite and offer information on the medicine you are getting.

Maybe you should try another location. They are all over the place around here.

Defenderofthefaith
October 20th, 2008, 9:00pm
I am going to try a different location I think.

ups91
October 21st, 2008, 8:10am
I have never had a problem with Walgreens. Since most of them here are opened 24 hours, I have walked in at any hour and had a prescription filled. They just built one a little closer to my house, so I may switch a few prescriptions over to that store.

Sorry you had a problem. Walgreens is one of my favorite store to shop. I buy lots of stuff in there and get amazing deals.

arouet
October 21st, 2008, 10:11am
I guess I'm one of the lucky few, I love my Walgreens. The pharmacy itself has always filled my prescriptions just fine and as far as just dropping in for toiletries or other random items, one of my favorite clerks in the world is there every morning that I have to stop in before work. She is just the sweetest person and always makes me smile.

Maybe it's just that particular one Defenderofthefaith? Sorry you have to deal with that though, as much as I use mine, that would be miserable.

Defenderofthefaith
October 21st, 2008, 3:52pm
They never stay on top of phoning the doctors. Plus, I dropped off the script at 3 and it wasn't entered until 3:30. They also don't always have the med in stock. So even though they finally filled the one script, the other one was only a partial fill. Again, this is not the first time this particular Walgreens has given me problems and the woman I spoke with on the phone was very rude.

Globug_47
October 21st, 2008, 5:24pm
I get all my prescriptions filled at our local Walgreen's.

They have always been considerate and prompt in filling them.

When I was in so much pain before my back surgery, they would actually take the comfortable chair out of the office for me to sit in for the 10 minutes that it took to fill my meds.

Maybe you just happened upon a Walgreen's that is poorly managed? It happens and no large corporation is immune to that type of thing.

You can always send the corporate office an e-mail regarding how poorly you were treated in one of their stores. They're usually pretty good when it comes to addressing problems in their stores.

Ashton7
October 21st, 2008, 5:58pm
They never stay on top of phoning the doctors. Plus, I dropped off the script at 3 and it wasn't entered until 3:30. They also don't always have the med in stock. So even though they finally filled the one script, the other one was only a partial fill. Again, this is not the first time this particular Walgreens has given me problems and the woman I spoke with on the phone was very rude.

I'm about ready to give up on mine. I've gone there for years -- actually since they first built this one that is closest to my house. They used to be great. They still usually can fill the RXs quickly but they screw up constantly. The other day I picked up my monthly meds and when I got them home, they were SHORT pills again. This is the 3rd or 4th time this has happened. I actually complained to their corporate office last Thanksgiving when it was happening. I had asked the pharmacist on duty to count the pills in front of me because at that point I had had shortages twice. I thought the pharmacist was going to kill me. He kept glaring at me with this hateful look and arguing with me and telling me that I had NO RIGHT to ask them to double count the pills in front of me! He told me if I had a problem with that then I could just "call corporate." Which is what I went out to the parking lot and DID. But not before getting the manager of the store to come and then HE counted the pills for me. After I called corporate, they told me it would never happen again and after that I noticed that my account had a notation that printed out on it that said "Double count in front of patient." Well, they haven't messed up in a long time now so I stopped asking them to double count them. I just had a "feeling" the other night that I should have them do it but I ignored the feeling. Sure enough, I got home and my vicodin was short again. I only get thirty pills a month so it's a little difficult to believe it is that difficult to get the count right. It's not like there are 100 or 200, etc. there to count! I noticed that suddenly the "Double count" notation is also no longer written on my prescriptions. Needless to say, if I DO leave my prescriptions there I am going to go back to insisting they count them in front of me.

Hhhyyyddd
October 21st, 2008, 6:09pm
I use the Walgreen's pharmacy all the time. Have they screwed up a few prescriptions out of hundreds? Sure. Did they make it right? Yes.

If you have a legitimate complain, send an email to corporate and they will take care of it.

Defenderofthefaith
October 21st, 2008, 6:11pm
I just picked up an Rx. It was for seven pills. I don't think that was the right amount. I called my dr's office, and am waiting for them to return my call.

ehavenchk
October 21st, 2008, 8:58pm
I've never used Walgreens for prescriptions but I got sick and tired of CVS years ago. I go to a small pharmacist owned pharmacy right near my house. All they do is medical prescriptions and medical aids etc..never a line. The place is small and well run. There are a couple of pharmacist assistants that work there but often the owner herself rings up my order and we chat about a lot of things. Really has the personal touch.

Defenderofthefaith
October 21st, 2008, 9:54pm
I miss the small pharmacies. I don't like CVS either.
BTW, my dr's office said they did not call in a seven capsule script--it was supposed to be for 30 days. Idiotas!

noey718
October 21st, 2008, 10:14pm
never go to walgreens