PDA

View Full Version : Usernames & Passwords

Brent
February 29th, 2000, 1:09pm
Hi everybody,

I have no idea why the forums became corrupted yesterday. I updated the forum software and that seemed to care of the missing posts.

It has come to my attention that some of you are unable to make any posts because your password is being rejected. If you are having problems, send me your username and your choice for a new password either via the site's contact form or webmaster@online-sweepstakes.com. I'll update your info ASAP and send you an email when I'm done.

I apologize for the inconvenience. :)

Brent

Brent
February 29th, 2000, 1:43pm
I've got some good news and some bad news.

The good news is only four (4) forum members should be having any problems with their passwords.

The bad news is those members' profiles were completely wiped out- usernames, passwords, # of posts, everything.

The best way to rectify the situation is for the four of you (LuckyGirl, Mare, ShirCus, & frugalpatti) that are having problems to re-register in the forums with your original usernames (they should be reset). After re-registering, send me the approximate number of posts you think you have made and the approximate date you originally registered. Then I will manually update your profile.

It's not a perfect solution, but it comes close. And again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

I'm trying to track down the bug in the forum software that caused the problems so it won't happen again. I'll keep you posted.

Brent