PDA

View Full Version : How do so me people win so much???

emomeperfect11
June 12th, 2008, 2:24pm
I have been on here for a year now, and i still have not won anything, and i am avid at this, i am on here everday! i am losing hope lol

luv911fun
June 12th, 2008, 2:29pm
honestly, if youve been doing this for a year, avidly, then you should have won something by now, at least a download, coupon or something.

how often do you enter? most of us enter hundreds daily. i spend between 1-3 hours daily doing this (while multitasking) and win a few things a month. try entering more, and go for the ones that have more prizes. eventually you will win something.

:gvibes:

dovie
June 12th, 2008, 2:29pm
I have posted step by step what I do to win on my blog if you want to read it.
I haven't won as much as some but last year I won way more than if I had a full time job and I only enter very part time.
Previous years I have won in the thousands each time.

toydiva65
June 12th, 2008, 2:30pm
Having a premium membership makes a huge difference. You'll see WAY more sweepstakes than you do now. I know when I joined, my first win more than paid for a years membership.

Lorren
June 12th, 2008, 2:30pm
How many contests do you enter a day?

The people that win a lot usually enter a lot. Not that I'm saying that you don't, but a lot to one person is only a little to another person.

Also, what kind of contests are you entering? Are you entering contests with thousands of small prizes, or are you concentrating on contests with 1 very large prize? That makes a difference too. The popularity of the sponsor and their contests also makes a difference.

Premium contests are also usually easier to win.

InkyPrincess
June 12th, 2008, 2:35pm
Would it help if i went green? because i really jsut dont have the money to be doing that right now, and i dont want to give up such a cool hobby

You should check out the blog of the poster below. I just did and you will see a great prized offered!

I have posted step by step what I do to win on my blog if you want to read it.
I haven't won as much as some but last year I won way more than if I had a full time job and I only enter very part time.
Previous years I have won in the thousands each time.

silanti
June 12th, 2008, 2:36pm
You need to go green. Most freeby sweeps are not worth the time.

tlcfromtn
June 12th, 2008, 2:36pm
You should be able to anwser that yourself. Someone gifted you previously.

emomeperfect11
June 12th, 2008, 2:40pm
You should be able to anwser that yourself. Someone gifted you previously.

Yes, someone did, but even after that i still saw no results from anything.

Hotmama
June 12th, 2008, 2:42pm
I don't win a LOT but I have never been in the red with this hobby.
Don't give up. Enter the dailies, weeklies, monthlies and there are lots of locals, restricteds and drop boxes out there. Keep at it!
Enter onlines here and snail sweeps as well. Enter all the 1 per HH ones that interest you and don't go overboard with any one sweep. Try to enter all the ones you want as least once. Sweeps with lots of prizes, enter those at least 10 times or more if they aren't one per household.
Good Luck!!

tlcfromtn
June 12th, 2008, 2:44pm
Well,you asked if it would help but apparently it didn't help you. How many are you entering? It's hard to believe you haven't won anything in a year. Just keep entering, it's bound to happen sometime. Good Luck!

Hotmama
June 12th, 2008, 2:45pm
AND premium is the way to go!! Lots more sweeps open up to you.

luv911fun
June 12th, 2008, 2:45pm
im sorry, but i find it hard to believe that even as green, and entering avidly, that you have won absolutely nothing. it is hard work, and some people just cant handle it. i go through slumps, and feel sorry for myself occasionally, but keep trying. looking at some of your posts, i gotta admit, i wonder if youre digging for another gift of green. youve been given some excellent suggestions. if you have are really this skeptical, then this hobby isnt for you.

Tluvr
June 12th, 2008, 2:46pm
Cant win here no matter how much you enter. LOL :goodevil:

emomeperfect11
June 12th, 2008, 2:50pm
im sorry, but i find it hard to believe that even as green, and entering avidly, that you have won absolutely nothing. it is hard work, and some people just cant handle it. i go through slumps, and feel sorry for myself occasionally, but keep trying. looking at some of your posts, i gotta admit, i wonder if youre digging for another gift of green. youve been given some excellent suggestions. if you have are really this skeptical, then this hobby isnt for you.

No, if i felt i needed green, i could get it, i dont need to beg, and that is not my personality anyway. I just dont feel in my financial situation right now that is where my money should go too. I love having this as a hobby, and i am not skeptical, i guess i am still taking time to learn. But i really have no won anything and thats just how it has been.

Scibba
June 12th, 2008, 2:56pm
enter and enter often -

Kayte71
June 12th, 2008, 3:00pm
You have to enter A LOT to win on any kind of regular basis. It doesn't matter if you are green, you have to put the entries in or you are not going to see any payoff.

No, if i felt i needed green, i could get it, i dont need to beg, and that is not my personality anyway. I just dont feel in my financial situation right now that is where my money should go too. I love having this as a hobby, and i am not skeptical, i guess i am still taking time to learn. But i really have no won anything and thats just how it has been.

ResourcePress
June 12th, 2008, 3:00pm
After a year of consistent entering, you should be winning some small wins. Make sure you are entering the correct contact info [I've read it on OLS where someone had Roboform filled out incorrectly], check your spam files, and keep entering. It helps to be lucky too.

floomper
June 12th, 2008, 3:02pm
I also believe you need to upgrade to premium to improve your odds of winning more often.

I don't have a lot of time to enter, I get my dailies done once or twice a week, and then try to catch up on the new ones once a week. Doing that, I am constantly missing sweeps that have already ended before I've even clicked on that day's new sweeps.

Just about a half hour ago, I heard a "thump" at the front door. My 2 year-old thought it was his father coming home. It was actually a surprise beauty pack win from Lucky magazine.

Until today, I hadn't won anything in over 4 months.

If I can win something here and there, certainly you can..........especially if you claim to enter a lot.

Good luck!

LA777
June 12th, 2008, 3:04pm
I always find it hard to believe that someone could enter for one whole year and not win one single thing and STILL keep entering. You have a lot more persistence than I would. And especially since you had a premium membership given to you before.

figgyfigg
June 12th, 2008, 3:07pm
Enter more, ask why less.

kbruson
June 12th, 2008, 3:07pm
Hang in there! I sure hope a BIG WIN is right around the corner for you!

It can be so frustrating, but I hope to hear that you win something you really wanted very soon! :smile8:

Good Luck! :cheer3:

gerwood
June 12th, 2008, 3:19pm
Joined OLS in April '07, went green in June. Biggest prize I've won was 50,000 OnePass miles and that was from a TX only contest that I found buried on Randalls (Safeway) website. Next biggest prize has been $100 from a Kraft contest. Granted, I go for bigger prizes but it's sure frustrating not to have won something more substantial yet. But I will! :cheer4:

LA777
June 12th, 2008, 3:20pm
Also, the more time spent in the forums is less time entering.

ariyana9501
June 12th, 2008, 3:22pm
I guess it's hard for me to understand as well, since I've only been sweeping since November, and I've racked up quite a haul, if I say so myself.......I have had a couple slow months, but I think that was because I was busier than normal, and I entered less.....I back in full swing, and it shows. I enter instants because they're my favorite, and if I have time for more, I do more. I'm guessing a good 2 hours or so entering everyday. I became green in April, and I'm not really sure if it's done me a lot of good or not. There are a TON more sweeps to enter being green, but I really think it's pure luck....... :magic: Hope this helps!

:fairy5: Check out my win list in my siggy!

jafarhie
June 12th, 2008, 3:55pm
Sweeping isn't lucrative as it once was. The odds are pretty slim so if you're not entering enough sweeps on a consistent basis you simply won't win. 100 sweeps or less just won't cut it because each year the competition gets tougher. With the popularity of sweeping online the number of sweepers has increased so I suggest using alternative methods to win. Paying attention to detail is helpful also.

pambanter
June 12th, 2008, 3:59pm
I don't spend my time on the dailies. I concentrate on instants and singles. I have won 4 halls of fame on the singles.

luckywishes
June 12th, 2008, 4:11pm
GO GREEN....You will have more chances.

DDFuller
June 12th, 2008, 4:13pm
GO GREEN....You will have more chances.
That's true. It will pay for itself in no time! I won $500 about 3 mos. ago. I wouldn't have won that without being a premium member.

mcapel4444
June 12th, 2008, 4:13pm
Looking at your other posts, I see your only 17. That right there is a big factor. While there are lots of sweeps you qualify for, I think a majority of them or 18+. When do you turn 18?

Defenderofthefaith
June 12th, 2008, 4:18pm
I have entered many sweeps being green over more than four years and don't really win that often personally. No HOF wins either. I just keep trying.

TawnyNY
I have been on here for a year now, and i still have not won anything, and i am avid at this, i am on here everday! i am losing hope lol

You haven't won nothing? I won two months after I started sweeping-a $200 gift card from thesak.com and my I won a trip to Disney for 4 the 9th month after I started on an instant win game. And that was from the free sweeps site.

Then I found this sight and I've been here ever since.

lakegirl25
No pain, No Gain. She was referring to my complaining about how long it took me to try and look beautiful, LOL!!

But, you can take this phrase and apply it to all aspects of life, including Sweeping! You have to put in the hard work, you have to wait out the dry spells, and you need to teach yourself to be patient!

That is the Pain part.......the Gain Part is reeping the benefits once you have gone through the Pain, LOL!

Think about it, maybe it will make you smile, and help you get through this tough time! :fairy3::fairy3:

dippitydoo
June 12th, 2008, 4:20pm
I enter 500-600 sweeps a day. I use Roboform and Shortkeys and have a premium membership. I haven't done too bad so far this year.

I don't put every little piddly instant win on my "my wins" list, but I try to keep it updated when i think about it.

Your age has a lot to do with it, most sweeps are for 18+. Just keep at it, don't take it too seriously, and I'm sure you'll be posting some nice wins too!

Good luck!

feelinlucky
June 12th, 2008, 4:47pm
Some may think you are hinting for a gift. I know you posted a question about a premium subscription the other day that got deleted.

lakegirl25
June 12th, 2008, 4:56pm

is AMAZING AND COSTS LESS THAN $1 PER WEEK!! To me, that is the bargain of the century!!

I love OLS and each and every day I continue to be thankful for all the great members and the amount of work that goes into keeping this website up and running with tons and tons of sweeps!

Tarah716
June 12th, 2008, 4:59pm
Aren't you 17? That's probably one of the biggest reasons you haven't won much.

hoopdee
June 12th, 2008, 5:04pm
Maybe you should try entering some of the MOCs. Or, go to the freebie section and snag some of those. It is always great to get unexpected things in the mail.
Good Luck!:magic:

LA777
June 12th, 2008, 5:11pm
Some may think you are hinting for a gift. I know you posted a question about a premium subscription the other day that got deleted.
I know that that is the only thing that keeps crossing my mind with all of these threads lately.

floomper
June 12th, 2008, 5:15pm
I know that that is the only thing that keeps crossing my mind with all of these threads lately.

And, I just looked at the threads started by this person. So many have to do with "how do you win" subjects.
:sherlock:
Since no one will know for sure, you just hope this is one less sketchy person begging for some all too nice of an OLS person to fall for it.
Oy.

feelinlucky
June 12th, 2008, 5:21pm
And, I just looked at the threads started by this person. So many have to do with "how do you win" subjects.
:sherlock:
Since no one will know for sure, you just hope this is one less sketchy person begging for some all too nice of an OLS person to fall for it.
Oy.
There have been one's by the OP that are asking "what it's like to be green" that end up getting deleted.

LA777
June 12th, 2008, 5:45pm
There have been one's by the OP that are asking "what it's like to be green" that end up getting deleted. Well, that is an odd question considering that she has ALREADY been gifted a premium membership in the past. Do people really think that you can't read between the lines???

inspiringmind
June 12th, 2008, 5:49pm
I have been entering for a little over 2 years. The first year I entered every single daily that I qualified for and every single day. I won a lot in 2007. I moved (Thanks to a big cash win) and now I enter about 100 dailies and others. I tend to enter sweepstakes with a lot of prizes...better chance of winning. I need to start checking the single entries too. I agree with others...One, go green, and two, keep entering. It is odd if you have been entering a year and have not won anything.

:fairy3: To ya!!

joolzie
June 12th, 2008, 6:27pm
I don't know about anyone else, but I find that when I sweep with carrots under my arms (baby carrots, not full large ones!) I tend to do better with the instants.

gfafan72
June 12th, 2008, 6:28pm
I don't know about anyone else, but I find that when I sweep with carrots under my arms (baby carrots, not full large ones!) I tend to do better with the instants.
OMG!! Me too!!!:smile8:

lakegirl25
June 12th, 2008, 6:32pm

Are you serious?! Too funny! How do Baby Carrots bring good luck?? Do tell, because I would love to try it! :offwall:

fantome2006
June 12th, 2008, 9:19pm
i think maybe the reason is that you are not green. when i didn't have a premium membership, i would enter a lot on this site but never won anything but i won by entering through another sweep site. after going green, i will never go back. after having gotten a premium membership, i've won on average 3-4 prizes each month (does not include prizes like downloads, etc).

luv911fun
June 12th, 2008, 9:20pm

but celery works nicely, too.

ols'ers arent fools.

souldolphindream
June 12th, 2008, 11:38pm

How often do you sweep. I just started in april and we have won close to 20 things already.

I went green and Im so happy about it. The first month paid for the green. Yesterday my hubby won a 250 gc.:fairy3:

souldolphindream
June 12th, 2008, 11:45pm
OMG!! Me too!!!:smile8:

How did you guys know that my hubby had the baby carrots under his arms yesterday when he won the gc.

I thought I saw you guys in the window:offwall:

dovie
June 12th, 2008, 11:52pm
but celery works nicely, too.

ols'ers arent fools.

How did you guys know that my hubby had the baby carrots under his arms yesterday when he won the gc.

I thought I saw you guys in the window:offwall:

bwahahahaha I was going to ask if you guys minded if I put these on my website, but wouldn't want to give away all our secrets, now would we?

tmf315
June 12th, 2008, 11:53pm
Enter a lot and make sure you get all the info correct.

blueberryd
June 12th, 2008, 11:58pm
i've noticed lately that a lot of the big wins/hall of fame winners are actually not green! Congrats to all winners :cheer4: but WHAT'S UP WITH THAT???? It made me do some thinking bout my preemie status...Truthfully tho, i will remain green..I love it! even if haven't won any hall of fame prizes...YET :cool3:

elittle2004
June 12th, 2008, 11:59pm
You should definitely go green (buy a premium membership). Virtaully all of my 2007 and 2008 wins have came from a premium membership. I've won some really cool prizes being a premium member. Feel free to check out my winners list: http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com/showthread.php?p=6186593#post6186593

My top 10 prizes (my 10 favorites) I have won using preimum membership are:

1. Xbox 360 (I won 2)
2. Nintendo Wii
3. $500 cash
4. $250 cash
5. Powerblock Home Gym
6. $720 worth of camping gear an accessories
7. 6 wireless Xbox 360 controllers
8. Canon digital camera with tripod
9. Bushnell GPS unit
10. AMF glow bowling ball, bowling ball bag and a bowling towel

dovie
June 13th, 2008, 12:00am
I know I talked about my $25,000 win but didn't post it in the HOF. Others don't always post wins either.

blueberryd
June 13th, 2008, 12:03am
I know I talked about my $25,000 win but didn't post it in the HOF. Others don't always post wins either.

wow!!!!!!! 25 thou!!!!!!!!!!
CONGRATS!!!!
You're my hero...lol
:notworthy

Em24
June 13th, 2008, 12:12am
I too just looked at some of your previous posts.

It was actually a bit frustrating since you ask similar questions . A lot of it is luck and patience. There is no other way to win.

My guess is you probably aren't entering as much as you think you are entering, in comparison to others who win a lot. This hobby really pays off to people who stick with it and take the time. I also really think being green opens up a lot more for you.

Given that you are 17 you are much less likely to win because of all the sweepstakes you aren't eligible for.

Please, just spend this time entering more instead of on the forums. We all need a little pick me up in a win drought but it is really hard to tell if you are a serious sweeper or someone who expects to win entering just a few contests.

I'm not trying to be mean to you but please don't ask this question again for a while. We can't make a win come your way and we can't explain why you haven't won. You've heard every possible suggestion and there really isn't anything more to say.

implode
June 13th, 2008, 12:16am
Having a premium membership makes a huge difference. You'll see WAY more sweepstakes than you do now. I know when I joined, my first win more than paid for a years membership.

its fine to want to give back, however thier are plenty of sites that have all the premium posted contests and FREE to everyone. Though I guess suggesting that will be hugely unpopular. I enter contests on several different websites because of that factor. I occasionally brag about winning premiums, and someone reminds me making me look silly in the process.

The biggest secret for me is using roboform to automate a lot of the typing. When you can do 3 maybe 4 contests per minute that really really speeds things up. You can go from 20-30% a day, to 90% of all daily contests. Brute force is where its at in winning. If you have played for a year and haven't won anything you are doing something wrong IMO.

Secondly, focus on contests with larger numbers of prizes. This will mean more chances of winning, hopefully better odds.

tupik3702
June 13th, 2008, 12:29am
Some have beginners luck.this. Some have been doing this for years. Some pound the keyboard to the wee hours of the night. My motto is...

Enter Everything, Enter Often! by the way, Good LUCK TO YOU!:fairy3:

CathyVeester
June 13th, 2008, 12:35am
I don't spend my time on the dailies. I concentrate on instants and singles. I have won 4 halls of fame on the singles.

Wow, Pam. That is great!

brenske
June 13th, 2008, 12:36am

There is some "technique" but mainly chance/luck folks. When there are millions of entries and there is one winner, it doesn't matter if you have 1 entry of 25. And if I hear some one saying God blessed them with a win, I'll gag. I am pretty sure he has more important things to think about than a sweepstakes win.

pambanter
June 13th, 2008, 12:37am
OMG you told me it was BEETS. Thanks alot Joolz. :mad3:That was just plain mean and now I have purple armpits.

flared0ne
June 13th, 2008, 1:24am
But enter, enter, enter is the only way to get where you want to be...

And since you've already been gifted with a short membership at least once, you already know most of what there is to know about premium sweeps.

What some people don't seem to understand is that the Premium sweeps aren't really chosen on any particular basis -- it IS mostly luck of the "cut" and not a matter of something "floating to the top, like cream".

Premium contests are also usually easier to win.
The only ONLY way this is even remotely true is that you don't have QUITE as many people competing with you for the prize (in particular, loyal OLSers who are NOT premium members at the moment) -- and if/when the same sweep is posted somewhere else, freely visible, even much of THAT slight edge isn't there.

Most freeby sweeps are not worth the time. Again, given that Premium sweeps are statistically JUST ABOUT one-out-of-five of ALL sweeps submitted and there is no particular "high-grading" going on, freebie sweeps are just as "worth your time" as the premium sweeps.

Can't win if you aren't in there playing.

Biggest issue, I suspect, is that you aren't eligible for the majority of sweeps that ARE posted -- wait until you reach 18, give it six months, THEN we'll see if you are simply unloved by the gods of luck and persistence... (not likely).

And save your money -- the fresh vegie deodorant approach only works for people with "sqrl" in their name (happily, in most cases that is a silent "sqrl")...

sheila10253
June 13th, 2008, 1:33am
Enter enter and then enter some more. It works!

yadgirl
June 13th, 2008, 1:41am
I enter very few sweeps, and I rarely enter dailies. I've had 3 good wins this week.

deborah62
June 13th, 2008, 2:08am
I do better with fruits,I tried oranges and apples but found that bananas work best.And also put grapes,purple not green,between the first 2 toes on each foot.

Jerrysgirl
June 13th, 2008, 2:32am

I think the folks who WIN everything you & I dream about winning, are what I call the "natural lucky people"! The type of person that was born with natural lucky gene. No matter how much you or I enter a sweep or contest they'll be in a hurry that week and enter only once, forgeting about the sweep and receive a winning affy or e-mail letting them know that they won the GRAND PRIZE!

So, I've come to the conclusion to enter the sweeps if I want to that day and not to read the post about ANYONES wins then I don't feel so irritated. OR that day I might NOT want to enter ANY sweeps BUT read all the threads about OLS members who've won that day. I give thanks for them winning and that I'm truly happy for them. I guess I can't take my hobby of sweeping too seriously or entering wouldn't be fun any longer. So, I enter almost every day and wait for FedEx to ring by door bell or the postman/woman to drop off the mail & see as I thumb through the mail that day if......I was the lucky one who WON a grand prize sweepstakes, LOL! Then just laugh at all the bills that arrived that day :smile11:

bazbal
June 13th, 2008, 3:01am
I had my first win worth over a dollar today and it was a freebie. I enter tons of sweeps both free and premium and until today have only had won wallpapers and 2 music downloads.

Enter enter enter is the key.

blueeyeleo
June 13th, 2008, 5:32am
I think it has alot to do with how much time you put into it. I dont work so I enter hundreds a day. I have won trip, big cash, computer and tons of things. But I concetrate on at least getting one entry into all the sweeps I am intereseted in the most. Then when those run out for the month on go on the the smaller stuff I want to win. Then will add entries for the dailys when I have extra time. I also make a fav folder with the ones I reaaaaaaaaaaalllly want to win and do them everyday. I spend 4 to 5 hours a day on contesting but I concider it my way of helping with the household funds. Also I cant say this enough follow the rules you dont want to put your self on a promotion companies blacklist. I know some time back quite a few people got blacklisted through eprize for running multiple accounts on a Dell contest. Yeah you hear ones bragging about the wins on some of them doing this but pay attention these arent the people that win the BIG stuff. I do instant wins also but these are time consuming if you dont have the extra time go for something faster and better prizes since most instants are small prizes.

paints
June 13th, 2008, 10:53pm
I enter because its fun, if it made me whine i would quit doing it. (I win a few times a month, mostly small stuff, but fun...and had a HOF in January, no big secret, just enter and have a good time.)

emomeperfect11
June 13th, 2008, 11:15pm
I am just going to say, i dont know what is it like to go green, through it may seem "skatchy" or "consfusing" to some, when i was gifted green i was living with my MOM and DAD at the time, and we had internet then, but my mom and dads relationship was on the rocks, and they finally got a divorce and i moved out with my mom, and we didnt have internet for a while, so i never got to even use the premium membership, and i dont care if anyone believes me, because i just got my intenet back after not having it for months, but whatever, i figured asking questions was to get helpful answers, not get dogged on. I dont even know if i was to post on here anymore, i always thought you people were nice, and seeing this, it actually makes me wonder how someone can have such a negative perspective about someone they dont know

ISLABONITA
June 13th, 2008, 11:15pm
My :twocents: Like others have said..it's all pure LUCK. Look at all the recent newbies that have won big. All pure LUCK

I spend tons of hours sweeping and my list of wins is mostly from instants so basically when my name gets drawn from a daily sweeps I am totally amazed since that is not where my usual wins come from.

Change up the time you play the instants , enter one time only sweeps for better odds of winning. Enter the ones with lots of prizes .

If you want to see some goodies in your mailbox then enter the monthly freebies from Allure and Self and more freebies that are listed daily in the free stuff thread.

Stick to the rules like others have said, so you are sure to qualify for the prize.

Oh and yes Whine, whine and whine some more..seems to work for most sweepers.. lol

Good Luck!:fairy4:

souldolphindream
June 14th, 2008, 2:49am
I am just going to say, i dont know what is it like to go green, through it may seem "skatchy" or "consfusing" to some, when i was gifted green i was living with my MOM and DAD at the time, and we had internet then, but my mom and dads relationship was on the rocks, and they finally got a divorce and i moved out with my mom, and we didnt have internet for a while, so i never got to even use the premium membership, and i dont care if anyone believes me, because i just got my intenet back after not having it for months, but whatever, i figured asking questions was to get helpful answers, not get dogged on. I dont even know if i was to post on here anymore, i always thought you people were nice, and seeing this, it actually makes me wonder how someone can have such a negative perspective about someone they dont know

Whatever what a cute word. I use to use that word so much when i was your age that my mom mom bought me a shirt that had that saying.

I also have a hard time with the fact that you havent won anything. I just started in april and my kids have won who are 4 and 6

To be 17 again wow just enjoy your life while you are still young.

Globug_47
June 14th, 2008, 3:33am
Beings that you are 17 years old...... you are really limited on the sweeps that you can even enter so I really don't think that being green is going to solve your problem.

And to those saying that you can't believe that OP hasn't won anything in the year that she has been sweeping..... I have no trouble believing it. When I first started sweeping, I lived in Arkansas and then moved to Mississippi. In about a year and a half, I never saw a single win. And I entered everything on was sweeping like a jackrabbit. Now I don't know if it was living it the South or what (I'm sure that people in the South win all the time) but as soon as I moved to Las Vegas I started winning a lot more and on a more regular basis. I'm convinced that my location has something to do with my not winning much. The 3 years that I lived in the South, I won some plastic (cheap) kitchen utensils, a mouse pad and a bottle of perfume..... that was it for 3 years of hard work sweeping everyday.

OP..... the only thing that I can tell you is concentrate on the sweeps for your age group. Hundreds of thousands of people enter these sweeps every single day. The competition is fierce when it comes to sweeping. And the odds of being that one single entry that is drawn for that Grand Prize is mindboggling. But keep entering..... one day it may very well be your name that they drawn for that Hall of Fame prize.

Good luck to you and I'm wishing nothing but the best for you.

LuckyPenny
June 14th, 2008, 4:06am
I have been lazy.

When I was up to 1000k contest I was winning something almost everyday.

I need to kick myself in the butt.

Is that possible?

:nana:

LuckyPenny
June 14th, 2008, 4:07am
Beings that you are 17 years old...... you are really limited on the sweeps that you can even enter so I really don't think that being green is going to solve your problem.

And to those saying that you can't believe that OP hasn't won anything in the year that she has been sweeping..... I have no trouble believing it. When I first started sweeping, I lived in Arkansas and then moved to Mississippi. In about a year and a half, I never saw a single win. And I entered everything on was sweeping like a jackrabbit. Now I don't know if it was living it the South or what (I'm sure that people in the South win all the time) but as soon as I moved to Las Vegas I started winning a lot more and on a more regular basis. I'm convinced that my location has something to do with my not winning much. The 3 years that I lived in the South, I won some plastic (cheap) kitchen utensils, a mouse pad and a bottle of perfume..... that was it for 3 years of hard work sweeping everyday.

OP..... the only thing that I can tell you is concentrate on the sweeps for your age group. Hundreds of thousands of people enter these sweeps every single day. The competition is fierce when it comes to sweeping. And the odds of being that one single entry that is drawn for that Grand Prize is mindboggling. But keep entering..... one day it may very well be your name that they drawn for that Hall of Fame prize.

Good luck to you and I'm wishing nothing but the best for you.

Don't say that GLOBUG I live in the South.

:frown3:

Globug_47
June 14th, 2008, 5:31am

Sorry..... it could have just been me. But I do win a lot more now that I've moved to Nevada. :thumbs:

Here's wishing you bunches of luck! :fairy4:

theladyluck
June 14th, 2008, 7:15am

You may be entering the sweeps that are hardest to win. I do that, too. I have no desire or use for T-shirts, CD's, DVD's, items for children, etc. So I enter only for major prizes -- cash, large electronics, selected trips and gift cards to places I regularly shop or would like to. These are the things everybody wants and enters for, so my odds of winning (and possibly yours, if that's what you're doing) are much less.

Back when I entered for almost everything I used to win up to 150 or so prizes a year. Now I'm lucky if I win ten. But the prizes I win are usually things I want and can use.

Em24
June 14th, 2008, 12:23pm
I'm confused. You said you've been on here a year and haven't won but then go on to say you didn't have internet for many months so you didn't get to appreciate being green.

So it really hasn't been an entire year of sweeping, which would make more sense that you might not have a win yet.

Don't let us get you down and I'm sorry if I wasn't too nice to you in my previous post. Just keep trucking. It is better to think of this as a hobby. Once you have expectations of what you should win and how much in what about of time you aren't going to have fun doing it.

I look at any win I get as a nice surprise instead of an expectation.

Good luck!

tasslehoff
June 14th, 2008, 12:27pm
you have to enter a lot to win a lot. I dont believe in luck. If it was all luck I could only enter a few and still win.

lakegirl25
June 14th, 2008, 12:34pm
You may be entering the sweeps that are hardest to win. I do that, too. I have no desire or use for T-shirts, CD's, DVD's, items for children, etc. So I enter only for major prizes -- cash, large electronics, selected trips and gift cards to places I regularly shop or would like to. These are the things everybody wants and enters for, so my odds of winning (and possibly yours, if that's what you're doing) are much less.

Back when I entered for almost everything I used to win up to 150 or so prizes a year. Now I'm lucky if I win ten. But the prizes I win are usually things I want and can use.

I agree with everything you said. With the economy the way it is right now, there are so many more people getting hip to contests, especially when you see them advertised on TV, for example LIFETIME, and people are online trying to win prizes that they normally would not be able to afford to buy. They want the GC's to the stores they shop at, they want the vacations that they cannot afford to take on their own, they want the GPS's, the flat screen tv, the ipods, etc... The competition is fierce, and so you have to truly enjoy the hobby and look at the wins you may receive as a gift, not an expectation by any means.

Just because you enter, enter, enter, and enter.....doesn't mean you are going to win, it may mean you are keeping up with the competition, and leveling the playing field a bit, but remember, there are a limited amount of prizes per contest so only a few will actually win.

June is turning out to be my best month so far this year, but I had 4 months of a major drought to get through before it began to rain. Ride out the storms and the sun does come out!

jazzyblue21
June 14th, 2008, 12:37pm
the things you really, really want to win. Most of all, concentrate on the one time only entries.

cpnqn
June 14th, 2008, 12:50pm
it's all a numbers game really in the end- it's just like your chances of hitting the lottery- but, your ODDS are better.

that said- I don't win as much as SOME folks I've read on here. I must be pretty unlucky b/c when gm was giving away 1000 cars- I didn't even get ONE! lol.

There's a million stories like that- the one we didn't win. Just keep entering.

I agree- if you're entering for cars, cash or houses- step in line. Those are going to be the hardest to win, chances are- you're one in at MINIMUM 10,000 folks- that are all after that ONE prize.

I enter about 80+ sweepstakes a DAY. I lose FAR more than I win- sometimes I don't even win the ones you EXPECT to win that have like 10,000 prizes!
I am more selective about what I enter- and as time goes by I get worse. I know I have to pay taxes & I cannot pay more than a certain amount of them since I don't work really. While I'd LOVE to take a 30,000 vacation, dh doesn't want a 3rd job to pay for it.

only advice I can give- is keep doing it. You'll win. I entered for over a year before I won $60 in vhs movies- after DVD became the standard. No complaints I was tickled to death!
I enter as often as allowed. It's a sort of 'job' to me.

It took me 2 years of 80+ a day & believe me when I say- I did them daily- before I finally won a huge prize. It was worth the wait.

Now, I think I can claim being a pro- I've taken a few vacations via sweepstakes wins, and had several noteworthy prizes, plus my car (which I'm still in love with until I pay taxes on it! lol.)

I've found there is NO correct formula for how to win them.
I won a grand prize- after only partially entering the required UPC codes it asked for.
I won a grand prize that loads entered for- by entering as I felt like it (that was the year I was giving up)
I won a grand prize that I entered for EVERY day all day.
I won them from evening entries, morning entries.
I won from mail in entries.

Just keep trying- I am a REAL person. I really had a hubby and family standing over me making me the butt end of a TON of jokes at all the bbq's we had. While hubby was supportive- don't think he didn't join right in when it came to calling me a nerd, or addicted & noting I'd NEVER win the car I was after or the larger prizes.

Hubby, Family & friends- I'm proud to note: are ALL believers. My mother recently entered a food network one on her own and won $100, as well as my aunt. My retired friend enters now as well. Many of my friends want me to do theirs as well, but- NOBODY says I won't win anymore. They still pick on me about it- but, that's family for you. They KNOW (already knew) I'm a HUGE nerd- once I have my mind set on something, I won't quit until I have completed it. My goal- is early retirement. That will take: One more car win, and about $100k- after that, I won't NEED to enter if I don't want to. I'll have done what I set out to do. I'd surely still be at it though, I AM addicted.

bdsweetie
June 14th, 2008, 12:56pm
Sorry..... it could have just been me. But I do win a lot more now that I've moved to Nevada. :thumbs:

Here's wishing you bunches of luck! :fairy4:
I have moved around quite a bit in the last few years and I would have to say I agree. I noticed a significant increase in prizes when I moved to California as opposed to Arkansas. Call me crazy but I do think it has something to do with it. I'm hoping maybe it's small towns as I'm moving to Dallas tomorrow. Still in the south but much larger area.

rrshep
June 14th, 2008, 10:05pm
I just had to add to comments about winning in the South. I had been living in South Carolina for several years and last year was my second year of sweeping. I won lots of prizes last year including a $5,000 grand prize on an instant win. I moved to Texas in December and my wins now are very few. I'm lucky to win $10.00 most months. The big wins I've received this year were from sweeps that I entered when I lived in South Carolina so the South was lucky for me.

MiNiKE
June 14th, 2008, 10:24pm
Don't worry, Texas is not unlucky to live in. While I haven't won a huge prize this year yet, I have had 51 ( I had to go count, I keep a folder in Yahoo mail for wins ) this year so far. I win just enough to keep me interested in entering. I think it's just luck and persistance that brings the wins in.

pambanter
June 14th, 2008, 10:33pm

So you haven't entering daily for a year, as you said in the original post. So, you have to go back to the basics. Enter, enter, enter for a solid year and then decide if this hobby is enjoyable and something you want to spend your time on.

pambanter
June 14th, 2008, 10:49pm
You know, emome, you were here last July, saying you were 17 and how determined you were to win this and that and then asking a slew of questions about taxes, etc. And then you DISAPPEARED for exactly 11 months, come back still 17, still asking a ton of questions.

I sincerely believe that if you had been around entering for a year, as you say, we would have had many, many, many more questions from you in that time.

You spring on the scene, ask a bunch of questions, and then don't enter for 11 solid months. I mean, I could be wrong but that is what it looks like to me. As a matter of fact, here is something I said to you a year ago, and my answer has not changed one bit.

July 9th, 2007, 11:29am

Emome. I am gonna try this ONE time and then I am gonna try not to open any more of your threads today if I can help it.

1. Read the rules. If you read the rules you would see that you have to pay taxes.
2. Follow the rules. Don't be entering for things you are not qualified to enter. Do not enter for your mom or anyone else unless they KNOW and APPROVE.
3. Get OUT OF THE FORUMS. You have hundreds of sweeps to enter. That is the ONLY way you will win.
4. This hobby takes patience.

InkyPrincess
June 16th, 2008, 1:02am
You know, emome, you were here last July, saying you were 17 and how determined you were to win this and that and then asking a slew of questions about taxes, etc. And then you DISAPPEARED for exactly 11 months, come back still 17, still asking a ton of questions.

I sincerely believe that if you had been around entering for a year, as you say, we would have had many, many, many more questions from you in that time.

You spring on the scene, ask a bunch of questions, and then don't enter for 11 solid months. I mean, I could be wrong but that is what it looks like to me. As a matter of fact, here is something I said to you a year ago, and my answer has not changed one bit.

Maybe this is why they just started posting again (http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com/showthread.php?p=6211172#post6211172) It worked before...:sherlock:

jamicanprincess
June 16th, 2008, 1:33am
I hate sweeps that require a comment. Last friday someone posted that they had 2 or 3 wins from comment sweeps so I entered a couple. I recieved an email telling me I won one that expired on Friday !

You never know...

deborah62
June 16th, 2008, 1:54am
I am confused..in your first post you said "and i am avid at this, i am on here everday!" I am not trying to be mean but you are contradicting yourself.

LA777
June 16th, 2008, 10:32am
Yes, someone did, but even after that i still saw no results from anything.
Sorry if I misinterpreted your posts, but the one where you asked if it would help if you went green (which appears to be deleted) confused me since in this post you said you were gifted a membership and still saw no results from being green. Now looking at the post right above this I am even more confused since you said you "never got to even use the premium membership."

luv911fun
June 16th, 2008, 11:14am
somebodys fishin and got busted without a license

craftymomof4
June 16th, 2008, 11:41am
I don't enter very much but I have been getting a few small things a month. I have won from enter pop caps too. Dr Pepper and Pepsi & Dew. Dews new game isn't very good. But I have won cash, lots of hats, t-shirts just from caps.

LadyCat
June 16th, 2008, 11:52am
5 years of sweeping not many wins some do win it seems daily and for a while i was really down about it all i can suggest is keep at it and being green does help as you have more sweeps to enter try MOCS many do
right now i an havinga big dry spell hope it ends soon

dovie
June 16th, 2008, 12:03pm

I live in Arkansas and am not complaining about my wins, although I freely admit other win more and larger prizes than I do. For me I think it is a combination of luck, time and effort I put in and I expect to get a certain return.

cpnqn
June 16th, 2008, 5:08pm
I've kicked around the 'idea' or theory that they do 'target' areas for winning- of course, I think it COULD be that certain states HAVE more registrants than others- I do wonder sometimes...

I'm still in the South- so, won't be complaining anytime soon!:thumbs:

paints
June 19th, 2008, 9:44pm
The poster was gifted before with same booHoo.... shouldn't there be a rule against people misrepresenting themselves to wheedle gifting? (I'm referring to the fact that she has been 17 years old both go-rounds)

flbeachbum
June 19th, 2008, 9:53pm
The poster was gifted before with same booHoo.... shouldn't there be a rule against people misrepresenting themselves to wheedle gifting? (I'm referring to the fact that she has been 17 years old both go-rounds)

Hmmmm, interesting......

gigi
June 19th, 2008, 10:02pm
I am totally confused...oh well, another one of those threads.

asilasil777
June 19th, 2008, 10:21pm
Sometimes it goes in spells. I had 3 grand prize wins in 5 weeks (2 trips NYC & LA and an electronics prize). Then nothing big forever. It was over a year before I won another trip. One of the trips was from a locale TV staion. I have won several weekend trips, jewelry, cash, GC, and small electronics from local TV and radio staion websites. I searched out every radio and TV staion site in my area and visit their sites regularly. When you are entering on a local level there is not as much competition and the chances of winning are greater. I don't do the call ins or any thing like that but I am still win regularly from the stations.

LadyCat
June 20th, 2008, 9:33am
And Here Come The Post Diggers Again

Rapunzel676
June 20th, 2008, 10:17am
Been at this for five years -- no HOF wins, no trips, only one "big" prize and never cash. The biggest thing I've won in the last six months or so is a pair of shoes. I don't know if the OP is fishing, but it's entirely possible to sweep every day and not win jack, particularly when more people than ever are sweeping. There's also the unfortunate but very high probability that there are more than a few cheaters out there. :worry:

And what's a post digger, anyway?

abymom
June 20th, 2008, 10:46am

Hang in there, be patient...
sweeping is not instant gratification, it takes time to win.

also, I found it difficult to read your post as all the sentences were lumped together...just a thought that if you spaced it out a bit, it would be easier to read and understand.

good luck, wins will happen.

mvir9
June 20th, 2008, 10:49am

Something akin to a grave digger? Or, maybe a gold digger?

LOL -- I have no idea!

Karen_246
June 20th, 2008, 10:53am

I think that she is referring to members that go back "in time" on OLS and find previous posts made by a specified poster.

I think its a good idea to do in cases like this, because we will get members all the time (not saying this OP is doing it) that will ask questions like this, when they have been gifted in the past, so they know what the premium is all about. I remember a member specifically that did it a while back, did a quick search and sure enough they had been gifted before, but claimed that they never were premium, and as soon as they posted, they were gifted by a nice member here.

flbeachbum
June 20th, 2008, 11:36am
Been at this for five years -- no HOF wins, no trips, only one "big" prize and never cash. The biggest thing I've won in the last six months or so is a pair of shoes. I don't know if the OP is fishing, but it's entirely possible to sweep every day and not win jack, particularly when more people than ever are sweeping. There's also the unfortunate but very high probability that there are more than a few cheaters out there. :worry:

Same here. :frown2:

Rapunzel676
June 20th, 2008, 11:47am
I think that she is referring to members that go back "in time" on OLS and find previous posts made by a specified poster.

I think its a good idea to do in cases like this, because we will get members all the time (not saying this OP is doing it) that will ask questions like this, when they have been gifted in the past, so they know what the premium is all about. I remember a member specifically that did it a while back, did a quick search and sure enough they had been gifted before, but claimed that they never were premium, and as soon as they posted, they were gifted by a nice member here.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I had something entirely different in mind. :laugh: