PDA

View Full Version : California Radio Station Giveaway: Need Help - Possible Prize

ZhengHe
February 7th, 2008, 9:51pm
Ok, so here's my dilemma. I just just got a call from a radio station asking if I wanted to go on there show and possibly win a prize by answering some question directly. The problem is that I signed up for the contest here and have forgotten what radio station this is. Here is what I know:

-the radio station is in a corporate building
-the area code that they will call me back on is (818) San Fernando Valley, California
-the radio show may have something to do with the word midnight, maybe
-they wanted to call in between 5 and 8 on the weekdays, which must be when the show runs
-they will be calling be either tomorrow, Monday or Wednesday

Since I believe the link to the contest was found on this site it should still be here in some form. If anyone can correctly identify the radio station, which called me before they actually call again then I would be willing to split the prize with them, assuming I win.

As for shipping I would be willing to pay for shipping within the continental US. If you live elsewhere I would be willing to spend the maximum amount to ship it within the continental US and you would have to pay the rest.

Anyway I need help, so please help. Any help is appreciated and hopefully the radio station can be found before tomorrow. Thank you for your help.

kittyhello72
February 7th, 2008, 9:57pm
after midnite??

they hold lots of contests, here's a link to some of their recent expired ones.

http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/search/?query=after+midnite&db=expired

don't worry about splitting the prize or anything, that's what this site is here for.... to help each other! :smile11:

remo28
February 7th, 2008, 10:02pm
It's 'After Midnight'. the show is played late at night, but seems to be taped during the day. It's a syndicated show that is played on many different stations all over the country. It's country music.
I did a search and don't see a current sweep listed. Ususally the question prize is a CD, then there is a big weekly prize which you are entered into if you win the CD.
http://www.aftermidnite.com/

Found the current sweep.
One (1) eligible Grand Prize winner will win an autographed Dierks Bentley guitar. (Approximate Retail Value: TBD). Sixty (60) eligible First Prize winners will each win a cd five (5) pack of Grammy Nominated Artists (artists may vary). (Approximate Retail Value: $100.00 each).

Jeans2Tux
February 7th, 2008, 10:14pm
Sounds like After Midnite. The nationwide radio show may play after midnight, but they call during the day and pre-record for broadcast. Won a trip to NYC to see Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood a couple of months ago and am heading there next week for the concert. Once on the air they may ask you to select a number on your telephone and that may pick your challenge. You might be asked to name a song played backwards or some other wacky thing. Be cool, play loose and good luck.
:cheer7::cheer7::cheer7:

ZhengHe
February 7th, 2008, 10:17pm
Yeah, this is definitely it. I think I actually signed up for this one yesterday.

after midnite??

they hold lots of contests, here's a link to some of their recent expired ones.

http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/search/?query=after+midnite&db=expired

don't worry about splitting the prize or anything, that's what this site is here for.... to help each other! :smile11:

Well thank you so much kittyhello. That's very generous of you. Well wish me luck, I hope I win and if I do I'll try and find the transcript for it or something. Anyway this is a great forum and everyone has been really nice, when they could have taken advantage of my nervousness, so thanks for that. Hope I can help you guys out some day ;).

djr58
February 7th, 2008, 10:32pm
Just wanted to say good luck! :fairy2:

ZhengHe
February 17th, 2008, 10:33am
Well they called and a won a cd, plus I have a chance at winning the grand prize. They said they would call sometime this work in regards to that.

Dolly112233
February 19th, 2008, 5:09pm
Hello~

I was reading the previous entries and came across one that was talking about After Midnight. I have received the same call from After Midnight and they will be calling me tomorrow. I was just wondering what type of question you were asked.

Thanks for you help.

Jeans2Tux
February 19th, 2008, 6:15pm
Dolly112233, they may ask you to listen to a song played backwards, or three songs played at the same time and identify one, or if you are lucky like me get a free pass and get a free CD and then win the grand prize. Just got back from my After Midnite win to New York and seeing Carrie Underwood and Keith Urban at Madison Square Garden. Enjoy the on-air time, play it cool, have fun and good luck.
:cheer7::cheer7::cheer7:

kittyhello72
February 19th, 2008, 6:23pm
congrats to all the cd winners!!! :smile11:

hope one of you gets the grand prize!!

Jboy74
February 20th, 2008, 1:36pm
I received a call from them last night, I played and won a kellie Pickler CD =) I am entered to win the grand prize =) The people at After Midnite are wonderful, They called ahead of time to make sure i would be at the phone #, They are super friendly and fun to talk to. I got a free pass so i did not have to answer the trivia. I was glad to because i was actually out on the road with no one to help me answer the question =) I would recomend anyone who gets the call to just relax and go with the flow, The DJ that called was friendly and asked me a few questions before i played the trivia. Good luck to all =)

I wish you all luck on the grand prize but i really hope i win since going to Vegas has been a life time dream of mine and my wife =)