PDA

View Full Version : Sweepstaking rules/former employees

nello86
February 7th, 2008, 1:10pm
My question is if you enter a contest let's say Macy's and your father in law had worked there but retired can I still enter? Even though they had worked there does that matter? Also for another companymy father retired when it was a different company and now it is another company. I won something but will I get disqualified since he was an employee and gets a pension and we share the same last name? I have a situation like this and need to figure out what to do? Does it matter that he has retired, doesn't say in the rules can't be a former employee or be receiving a pension. I just sent an email out to a lawyer in my sweeps group for her opinion. Thank you:curtsy::toast1:

guruwan2b
February 7th, 2008, 1:13pm
IMO, if they are retired they are no longer employees...

stockpilesrus
February 7th, 2008, 1:53pm
I agree, in my opinion he's no longer working there. On a very important note:
PLEASE erase any company names that may lead the trolls to complain to the sponsor ASAP.

havinfunyet
February 7th, 2008, 2:06pm
also I would think your father wouldn't matter... hubby maybe unless you are a minor immediate family is who lives with you

bomar97
February 7th, 2008, 2:20pm
in-laws usually don't count.. it's usually immediate family as in spouse, your parents, your siblings, or your children.. at least that what I got from one big company when I inquired about my BIL .. who is now retired from.

TawnyNY
February 7th, 2008, 2:37pm
I would go ahead and enter those sweeps.

My nephew works at Delta and I still enter those sweeps.