PDA

View Full Version : Why can't some winners disclose what prize they won immediately?

msheathere
February 6th, 2008, 11:37pm
So, I see a lot of winners on here talking about how they win a large prize, but can't mention specific details or who the sponsor is. Why is this? And if you do win a large prize how would you know if it's alright to post on the message boards? :read:

TNrina
February 6th, 2008, 11:39pm
http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com/showthread.php?t=649844

stockpilesrus
February 7th, 2008, 12:33am
Unfortunately, there are definately (putting it politely) Trouble-makin'-Whiners in every group & this one has a few as well. MOST the gang is awesome here, but the trolls do come out of the shadows sometimes just to cause drama. Don't risk your win with a select few jealous trouble makers, please.
Wait until it's confirmed & until then -- :trolls:

suelee000
February 7th, 2008, 12:47am
It's not a win until I have my hot little hands on it. This could be an urban legend, but didn't someone announce a win with all the details and get disqualified for spilling the beans?

deborah62
February 7th, 2008, 12:51am
Same here.I would not even announce I got an affy.

It's not a win until I have my hot little hands on it. This could be an urban legend, but didn't someone announce a win with all the details and get disqualified for spilling the beans?

stockpilesrus
February 7th, 2008, 12:52am
yes, people have definately been disqualified for other peoples cry baby antics :cry:

Luvs2Win
February 7th, 2008, 1:05am
Jealously!

judyv01510
February 7th, 2008, 1:10am
Unfortunately, there are definately (putting it politely) Trouble-makin'-Whiners in every group & this one has a few as well. MOST the gang is awesome here, but the trolls do come out of the shadows sometimes just to cause drama. Don't risk your win with a select few jealous trouble makers, please.

lots of jealous people. Olsers (1st prize winner)have been know to email or call a sponsor and accuse the grand prize winner of cheating.

i never post a win at all ever. I do not want an flack.

hofma2
February 7th, 2008, 1:19am
Because of a nasty troll! Not knowing about trolls and in the excitement of my first big win, I naturally went to tell my fellow OLSers with details. Next thing I know the sponsor called me telling me that they were thinking of not rewarding me the trip because SOMEONE CALLED THEM AND SENT LINK TO MY ANNOUNCEMENT ON OLS! Yes, can you believe it?

I told the sponsor that I had no idea this was wrong and after apologising and some begging, they allowed me to fill out the paperwork.

LESSON LEARNED!!! :trolls: They are out there :nono: so beware!

wannarun
February 7th, 2008, 1:25am
Because of a nasty troll! Not knowing about trolls and in the excitement of my first big win, I naturally went to tell my fellow OLSers with details. Next thing I know the sponsor called me telling me that they were thinking of not rewarding me the trip because SOMEONE CALLED THEM AND SENT LINK TO MY ANNOUNCEMENT ON OLS! Yes, can you believe it?

I told the sponsor that I had no idea this was wrong and after apologising and some begging, they allowed me to fill out the paperwork.

Wow! Holy cow!! People like that need to pound sand!!! To put it very lightly!

msheathere
February 7th, 2008, 1:32am
Thanks for the advice all you nice folks!

Although it's not an HOF, I did get a nice 'medium sized' win, which I'm very excited about. But, now I'll wait to post the details.

Thanks again.

Lots of Luck to all! :curtsy:

irishknight
February 7th, 2008, 1:35am

I have never felt that piss poorly jealous in my life, I don't win much, or big but everytime I read about somebody's win I feel very happy for them, most wins come to some very nice people, who I feel proud to know even if it's only cyber reality.
I say we dismember and burn the Trolls, every fantasy buff knows that's what you have to do.

pambanter
February 7th, 2008, 1:36am
A woman announced here that her daughter won one of the big house prizes...the HGTV house or one of those, and several people contacted the JA to complain. Nothing happened.

Another woman could NOT get it through her head that someone who's husband was stationed in a different state because he was in the Armed Forces, could legally and morally enter a sweepstakes that was limited to their home state. She called the JA to complain. Nothing happened.

Someone did manage to majorly screw with one of my wins, managed to DQ someone else out of their win, and ended up with nothing...all the while trying to cheat. (there were several grand prizes) And this person talks about their religion all the time. Uck.

But then again, I was ONLINE when I won the Power of 10 10,000. I was so excited and I had no one to tell. I pretty much blab, but I shouldn't, especially with my history.

mcnaney
February 7th, 2008, 1:45am
:toss: That is so low! I cannot believe that someone would be so disgusting...

I feel terrible for any of you that have been treated in that manner. Some people are shameless...

Lets hope karma comes back on them in their sweeping!!

tawnjun
February 7th, 2008, 1:47am
I've told about my wins, but in the future...(that's a big...if I ever win an HOF)...I will make sure that I have the hot little thing in my hands first.

onevint
February 7th, 2008, 2:44am
I don't share my wins because it is non of your business

miriama59
February 7th, 2008, 2:57am
I always post mine. I haven't had any problems and I have won everything from 25 thou to a few trip wins. No one has messed with me.

Ummm....where is that wood to knock on? :wink3:

CheckedOut
February 7th, 2008, 2:59am
i would prefer people just wait to post until they actually get the prize or the confirmation.
i find it silly, and almost grade school like behavior , to post that you won something big but cant disclose it yet - its like "i have a secret and i'm not telling..."it really serves no purpose other than to incite frenzy and wonder about what it is and grab some attention.

if you need to tell someone before you're willing to tell us here, PM a friend, or tell your mom.

Janir
February 7th, 2008, 3:13am
I LOVE the winning posts! I wonder what the percentage is here of peeps who DON'T post their major wins? I'm sure there are some heavy hitters who don't post for whatever reason. But to me one of the most fun things about this hobby is reading about others wins, it's very inspirational to me.

I post, but I too wait until it's a done deal. Why take a chance?

I know it's true, I've heard the horror stories, but I still can't believe that anybody would actually call the sponsor to rat out a fellow sweeper. What are they thinking, that THEY will end up with the prize?? What must the sponsor think? Sweepers already have a bad enough rep, why add to it?

:nono::nono:

gemini lion
February 7th, 2008, 4:55am

That makes me sick! How pathetic!!!

Sorry that happened. How mean spirited and spiteful, all out of jealousy.

I don't post big wins period. I did once when I first started sweeping and got a few snarky comments.

barbs
February 7th, 2008, 5:07am

Please don't "share" remarks like this, either.

Janir
February 7th, 2008, 5:23am
Please don't "share" remarks like this, either.

Yeah, seriously, you can go back in your corner now...

susanbe
February 7th, 2008, 6:17am
Wow. Good to know.:eyebrow: Thanks for the information.

willows00
February 7th, 2008, 6:18am
i would prefer people just wait to post until they actually get the prize or the confirmation.
i find it silly, and almost grade school like behavior , to post that you won something big but cant disclose it yet - its like "i have a secret and i'm not telling..."it really serves no purpose other than to incite frenzy and wonder about what it is and grab some attention.

if you need to tell someone before you're willing to tell us here, PM a friend, or tell your mom.

i don't mind it b/c i know they're excited and can't wait to share the excitement. but they're also being cautious b/c of previous behavior by some nasty people. and really, no one understands the excitement of a win better than fellow sweepers.

jklkj
February 7th, 2008, 6:32am
I never post my wins but may reveal one if I happen to respond to a question which is also rare.

angelfish
February 7th, 2008, 6:36am

That just flat-out stinks!

Tesla
February 7th, 2008, 6:41am
I always post mine. I haven't had any problems and I have won everything from 25 thou to a few trip wins. No one has messed with me.

Ummm....where is that wood to knock on? :wink3:

Come on, lemme mess with you it's so much fun! :wink4:

GreenMountainBoy
February 7th, 2008, 6:43am

With an attitude like that you must be one of the trolls. :rolleyes2

miriama59
February 7th, 2008, 7:16am
Come on, lemme mess with you it's so much fun! :wink4:

I think you have done your share, little missy! :eyebrow:

shellockjohn
February 7th, 2008, 7:26am
After posting my HOF prize on this site some super troll accused me of cheating. They called the sponser and told them how I was a member of this site and showed them my post.

I DID NOT CHEAT. So I ended up taking my trip and super troll got to suck it. Since then I haven't posted any major prizes.

miriama59
February 7th, 2008, 7:53am
After posting my HOF prize on this site some super troll accused me of cheating. They called the sponser and told them how I was a member of this site and showed them my post.

I DID NOT CHEAT. So I ended up taking my trip and super troll got to suck it. Since then I haven't posted any major prizes.

See, now I don't understand why some sponsors have issues anyway. I actually TOLD the sponsors that I entered sweepstakes when I won the 25 thousand. And I was interviewed by a newspaper and told how I use this site. What is wrong with that?

barbs
February 7th, 2008, 8:00am
For those people who've been victims of the trolls who would do you out of your prize: Do you know who those trolls are? If so, please let us know their user names.

For the life of me, I cannnot understand why someone would do such a thing! What do they hope to gain from it???

meek1643
February 7th, 2008, 8:01am
Jealously!

those who feel you are boasting.

But I say post those wins, it keeps us all hopful and know that one day our grand prize post will arrive. That is what makes OLS such a great site. To see all the winners here on our site:gift:

shellockjohn
February 7th, 2008, 8:06am
For those people who've been victims of the trolls who would do you out of your prize: Do you know who those trolls are? If so, please let us know their user names.

For the life of me, I cannnot understand why someone would do such a thing! What do they hope to gain from it???

I do not know who it was. I just was sent a email by the sponser one day that they received a tip by someone by this site that I had cheated. I was livid!

I mean it could have been a troll member from another site who came on here for a day to screw with our members. But I dunno. It's not like everyone here is a ray of sunshine....

JMC663
February 7th, 2008, 8:12am
I am sitting on a HOF win. Affy will be here today, once they get it back I will announce, but MAN it is soooo hard not to tell everyone here. Especially since I NEVER thought I would get a HOF win and I want to share with all my fellow doubters that it IS possible and that a big win can come at any time.

Dave W.
February 7th, 2008, 8:31am

:twoclap:

I absolutely agree.
Either take a chance and announce the prize before it's official, or wait until it is official. One or the other.
No more- "I won something from somewhere and it is great and I'll tell you what it is someday soon". How are you supposed to respond? "Congrats on whatever"?

If you are a potential winner and send in the paperwork- chances are pretty darn good that you will be receiving that prize-- regardless of any perceived jinxes or bad karma brought on by sharing prematurely on a messageboard.
As for other members contacting the sponsor to try and sabotage the win- I think this is very, very, rare. Even then the chances of that contact leading to the revoking of a prize is even rarer still.

I love reading about people's wins, but when the post contains no information about the prize or the sweepstakes, it's hard to do anything but shrug and move on.

margarita_mama
February 7th, 2008, 8:49am

:twoclap:

I absolutely agree.
Either take a chance and announce the prize before it's official, or wait until it is official. One or the other.
No more- "I won something from somewhere and it is great and I'll tell you what it is someday soon". How are you supposed to respond? "Congrats on whatever"?

If you are a potential winner and send in the paperwork- chances are pretty darn good that you will be receiving that prize-- regardless of any perceived jinxes or bad karma brought on by sharing prematurely on a messageboard.
As for other members contacting the sponsor to try and sabotage the win- I think this is very, very, rare. Even then the chances of that contact leading to the revoking of a prize is even rarer still.

I love reading about people's wins, but when the post contains no information about the prize or the sweepstakes, it's hard to do anything but shrug and move on.

adding my :twoclap: here also on both posts

easagredo
February 7th, 2008, 8:53am

AMEN!!!!!!

gigi
February 7th, 2008, 9:18am
I agree, I prefer to wait and post when it is final...I do not have time to go back and chase the "mystery win". I am happy for everyone who wins, although I have litte time to congratulate.

I do not like to post my wins, that's just me, but I have posted a good share of them.

Many wins to all of us!

sascha_b
February 7th, 2008, 9:22am

Or just be happy for them, use it to help restore your faith if you're on a losing streak, and realize their concerns about details come from some of the things discussed on this thread.

Folks get excited. I'm happy for them and it doesn't bother me a bit if they share...even vague details.

ami1975
February 7th, 2008, 9:25am
I agree on the waiting to post what you've won AFTER you've won it.....then everyone can congratulate you then...

as for the trolls...that's scary stuff....that would make some people never want to post a win...those trolls ( who are probably entering contests from 60 different email addresses anyway and are probably the ones cheating in the first place), had better hope the karma gods arent' behind them watching!!

I love reading the posts from people who win! gives me hope plus i always imagine how i'd react if i won the same thing........now if i could only get a HOF prize, then i'll let you know if i decide to post it or not ;)

alyssasmommy07
February 7th, 2008, 9:31am
when someone posts a win I am happy for them
I couldnt imagine trying to sabotage that
I am here for the same thing they are and I wouldnt want someone to do that to me
those people need a life

secular
February 7th, 2008, 9:50am
So, I see a lot of winners on here talking about how they win a large prize, but can't mention specific details or who the sponsor is. Why is this? And if you do win a large prize how would you know if it's alright to post on the message boards? :read:

One person called the sponsor to try to get someone disqualified. The winner was military and although stationed in one state she was a resident of where the sweep was sponsored.

stockpilesrus
February 7th, 2008, 9:51am

The sad thing is these are also the same whiners that go complaining to sweepstakes sponsors who give a person a hard time at honoring a win.
When someone who does not recieve a prize & asks her friends for advice & sticks up for sweepstakes entrants, including their future wins, the trolls still contact and take the sponsors side on a prize the sponsor refused to honor for years!
Of course these trolls would never admit they are the ones turning things into something it is not!!!
:toast::bakecake: :nono:
I repeat... :trolls:

AnahsSkcor
February 7th, 2008, 9:58am

That is horrible!! I'm glad you were still able to get the prize though.

Ive never had a HOF win so i have never posted about it. I love seeing winning posts gives me hope!

stockpilesrus
February 7th, 2008, 10:02am
They even complained about Military winners??? EVIL! :mad2:
These are people who endanger their lives to fight for our rights as American's & their families sacrifice alot standing behind their loved ones. How dare you!!! It was bad enough reading about the prizes you unfairly inter-veined with & now Military families. WOW you really have no character or brains at that :clever:
Trolls, we know eventually you will crack & crawl out of your musky holes you call a home, you deserve this, how dare you take peoples prizes away from them in such unjust means. You need to get right with God! :goodevil:
No wonder you get few prizes -- you spend too much time complaining about people.
I've shared my peice, I'm off to win & may all you good people get some fabulous wins as well, may the trolls stay in the shadows waiting to strike, but getting nowhere & never getting any kind of a nice win. :curtsy:

batchicky
February 7th, 2008, 10:13am
HOLY MOLY, I CANT BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!!!

I have been a member for a few years, and never knew there were TROLLS like this lurking around in my presence! Glad I saw this thread! Someone could have stuck a FORK in me, and I would have never known how or why! :scoot: Can someone pm me with the troll names, so I can run them over with this scooter????? HEE HEE

lovemoreira
February 7th, 2008, 10:15am
WOW ... I always post my wins when I receive an email.. I will stop doing that till everything is done and in my hands. I post only because when I first started sweeping it was out of curiosity and wondering.... do people really win.

edit: why does Mrs alway come on the top of my post if I do not write anything there???

Peaches0422
February 7th, 2008, 10:21am
I just tell my only friend here on OLS, Billbb, who offered some great advice with one of my first big wins. Do I want to scream my latest from the rooftops???? Yes I do. It is nice to be able to share with someone you trust. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be communicating online with a stranger, but he is a doll. By the way, for all you suspicious folk, I am happily married. But you single gals, TAKE NOTE!!!!

jennem
February 7th, 2008, 10:27am
i don't mind it b/c i know they're excited and can't wait to share the excitement. but they're also being cautious b/c of previous behavior by some nasty people. and really, no one understands the excitement of a win better than fellow sweepers.

Yup, I agree! Plus it's fun waiting for the news!

This is slightly different, but I once had a lot of problems with a sponsor who sent me a broken prize. I came here to vent, ask for advice, etc.--in the Premium section, so it wasn't google-able. A member here told the contact at the sponsor about it, and the sponsor then bought a Premium membership just to check it out. He tried to not send me a replacement based on my "defamation." Ultimately, I got the prize, but whomever "ratted" got tons of bad sweeping karma.

charliebuck
February 7th, 2008, 10:45am
Not a win untill I have it in my little sweaty hands LOL

BeautifulPromise2621
February 7th, 2008, 12:02pm
Wow, Hofma, what a jerk! I too never post unless I have the prize in hand. :)

tamiwami
February 7th, 2008, 12:11pm

Talk about a jerk....WOW! Life must be crap for you.

jackie25
February 7th, 2008, 12:33pm

I have been a member for a few years, and never knew there were TROLLS like this lurking around in my presence! Glad I saw this thread! Someone could have stuck a FORK in me, and I would have never known how or why! :scoot: Can someone pm me with the troll names, so I can run them over with this scooter????? HEE HEE

I agree, I am in shock did not know that TROLLS were running wild and free here. I do remember the post about the military person, but I thought that was a random incident. I also was wondering why people were announcing might have a win and will report back in a few days when its in hand. Now I understand we have an TROLLS. Thanks for the info. If I ever have an HOF will wait to post after its in hand...

carcon
February 7th, 2008, 12:34pm
Because of reading all this and reading it several times in different places I no longer announce my wins. Why take a chance that some jealous person will screw it up just to be nasty. I guess it takes all kinds to make a world:rolleyes2

Nape
February 7th, 2008, 12:49pm

I didn't know that happened to you. I'm SO sorry. Please let us know about wins, AFTER they are confirmed, of course. I really love to read the OLS win posts, and I'd be thrilled to see your name in the Winners Circle.

:bouquet:

nettester
February 7th, 2008, 12:49pm

It blows my mind that someone would do that! I'm sure we would all love to know who, too bad there is no way to find out. Thank you so much for sharing your experience, it is a good lesson and reminder for all of us!

Stagemother
February 7th, 2008, 1:02pm

I have been a member for a few years, and never knew there were TROLLS like this lurking around in my presence!

I was just about to post something similar, and I'm getting to be an OLS old-timer! Never realized such a thing could happen among us "friends" who share answers, congratulate winners, and post wins out of happiness and a desire to let others know the prizes really are being awarded!

What on earth do these cry-babies expect to gain? It isn't as if the prizes will go to them if they ruin someone else's win. And as for reporting someone for "cheating," what grounds could they have? Most of us wouldn't have the first clue about HOW to cheat on a sweeps even if we wanted to. Jeepers, trolls, tend to your own business and get your noses out of everyone else's. :worry: Maybe you'd win more if you stuck to your knitting.

To those who've been hurt by this behavior: my condolences. And I guess I won't be posting many more wins. :frown3:

eyzofblu63
February 7th, 2008, 1:02pm
for all of you have had people actually call and "tattle" on you, I have a question.....Did you find out who did it? I am not asking names, I am just wondering if you know who it is and if so have you ever confronted them? I would want to know who it was and confront them if it were me, especially if their jealousy and pettiness did them no good and I still got my prizze. I would have the urge to out them and give them a big old

:nana: and of course a :razz: ( I know same mentality as the schoolyard jealousy games,but I would just have to do it, lol) as well as a few choice words.

stockpilesrus
February 7th, 2008, 1:09pm
They usually just hid thier true identity, but the ones who do come out of hiding are the ones who cannot stand the fact that they were called out :shock:
I have been a victim & many of you as well as many who did not even know they were a victim as well. My heart goes out to the good-hearted sweepsters :faces:

lisacna
February 7th, 2008, 1:30pm
This thread sort of blows my mind. It would have never occured to me that people would do such a thing. I am always happy to see someone win---even if the win alot I know that they must have entered more just got lucky and I am still happy for them. Not to worry folks because you reap what you sow and all that nastiness that some folks put out there will come back to them. Maybe they will win big one day and a troll will dq them. GLTA

pambanter
February 7th, 2008, 1:35pm
for all of you have had people actually call and "tattle" on you, I have a question.....Did you find out who did it? I am not asking names, I am just wondering if you know who it is and if so have you ever confronted them? I would want to know who it was and confront them if it were me, especially if their jealousy and pettiness did them no good and I still got my prizze. I would have the urge to out them and give them a big old

:nana: and of course a :razz: ( I know same mentality as the schoolyard jealousy games,but I would just have to do it, lol) as well as a few choice words.
Yes I know specifically who did it. Their jealousy did them no good, but did manage to screw another member out of their prize. Basically the JA just DQed them both, the winner and the whiner, because of some technicality. I got my prize, as did the other winners, but it was very hurtful for everyone involved.

And hell, YEAH, I confronted them. But there is only so much you can do from across the country, on a keyboard, with someone who simply will not respond.

So, ever since then I have taken my feelings OUT of this website and I simply do NOT consider anyone here a "friend" and that has hurt people, but you know what? That time period, where I thought I was in a special group, and one of the members turned on me, that was too hard.

It was a tough lesson in the reality of internet communications, but I am better for it. And I have more time now, too!

plazamama
February 7th, 2008, 1:37pm
I'm glad you started this thread. It seems like when I first joined this forum, there was some kind of hullabaloo going on about something like this, someone sabotaging someone's big win. I had no idea things like that went on.
There have been other posts about voting contests, and people who are in those get mean emails from other contenders.

Then, about a year ago, I posted about a big win and mentioned I had waited to post til it was a done deal, 'cos I didn't want to risk someone sabotoging the win.

Several people commented I shouldn't have anything to worry about unless I had cheated, and I was beginning to think I had just imagined all that mess. Now I know i'm not delusional!

pambanter
February 7th, 2008, 1:42pm
Several people commented I shouldn't have anything to worry about unless I had cheated, and I was beginning to think I had just imagined all that mess. Now I know i'm not delusional!

Oh no. You are definitely delusional. :bouquet:

But you are right to follow your feelings and protect yourself.

sascha_b
February 7th, 2008, 1:43pm
So, ever since then I have taken my feelings OUT of this website and I simply do NOT consider anyone here a "friend" and that has hurt people, but you know what? That time period, where I thought I was in a special group, and one of the members turned on me, that was too hard.

It was a tough lesson in the reality of internet communications, but I am better for it. And I have more time now, too!

That's really good advice, pambanter. I'm here to learn and share, but no one knows me from Adam...don't know how they could. Internet typing doesn't translate well. Face to face is where the truth of a person comes from......

Stagemother
February 7th, 2008, 2:59pm
People get banned from OLS for a variety of reasons. Seems to me that sabotaging another member's win should be a TOP reason and these cruel people, once identified, should not be allowed to remain among us and reap the benefits of membership. Hmmmmm?

NoWhammies
February 7th, 2008, 3:18pm
I don't talk about my wins anymore here on OLS, I've seen to many ugly people say and do ugly things. I have won some pretty neat stuff over the last few years, two HOF's and several GP's, but it's for my local guys and gals at my sweep club. It's really a shame because I used to get so much encouragement from reading other people's wins and it was so much fun to post a win...but not anymore...This place is full of sharks....and it's a downright shame.

eerienight
February 7th, 2008, 3:34pm
I don't get it, why would a sponsor care if you tell that you won a prize from their contest??

stockpilesrus
February 7th, 2008, 3:49pm
I don't talk about my wins anymore here on OLS, I've seen to many ugly people say and do ugly things. I have won some pretty neat stuff over the last few years, two HOF's and several GP's, but it's for my local guys and gals at my sweep club. It's really a shame because I used to get so much encouragement from reading other people's wins and it was so much fun to post a win...but not anymore...This place is full of sharks....and it's a downright shame.

AMEN unfortunately it has had to come down to that :hairraise

stockpilesrus
February 7th, 2008, 3:51pm
I don't get it, why would a sponsor care if you tell that you won a prize from their contest??

I don't know, I asked the same question & was told it has something to do with the whole verification process.

Julianne530
February 7th, 2008, 3:52pm
I had not read this thread in the beginning, because I have never had a HUGE win for one, and secondly, I thought it was just because of legalities of the affy. I figured some seasoned vets were better to explain. However, while eating lunch, I browsed and WOW...I am so glad I read this. This should not shock me, but it still does!

I have seen so many people claim to be who they are not on the internet. Some in name, some in pictures, some in personality. I have also met some of the kindest and sweetest friends from the internet, some of them going on 10 years.

Thank you for warning us BEFORE we go through the same type of wars, when we can avoid them now.

Do y'all think it is safe to post AFTER the win or does it depend on the win?

secular
February 7th, 2008, 4:10pm
I had not read this thread in the beginning, because I have never had a HUGE win for one, and secondly, I thought it was just because of legalities of the affy. I figured some seasoned vets were better to explain. However, while eating lunch, I browsed and WOW...I am so glad I read this. This should not shock me, but it still does!

I have seen so many people claim to be who they are not on the internet. Some in name, some in pictures, some in personality. I have also met some of the kindest and sweetest friends from the internet, some of them going on 10 years.

Thank you for warning us BEFORE we go through the same type of wars, when we can avoid them now.

Do y'all think it is safe to post AFTER the win or does it depend on the win?

Depends on the sponsor.

susan1215
February 7th, 2008, 4:37pm
My pet peeve is when people post "I have won a huge prize and I'm so excited but I can't say anything about it untill it's final" Then why post that you won something untill it's actually in your hands or at least untill the affy had been approved. It's like teesing us.

It doesn't matter when you post your win as that is up to you but post the prize you won not that just you won something. I wait untill I have the prize in hand untill I post just because a lot things can happen between the time you get a win notification and you actually get the prize.

I have seen a few posts where they got an email telling them they had won a prize only to be told later it was a mistake.

elliej
February 7th, 2008, 5:01pm
Now it all makes sense. I must really be naive. I posted my big win, and the winning email, and got PM's telling me to remove some of the email, then one of the kind moderators removed it before I even knew what was going on. I thought I broke OLS rules or something, but evidently they thought someone would get some of that information and try to ruin my win. I couldn't believe it. I have never felt jealous, only happy for the people that win on here, so I couldn't fathom that people do this. It is just unbelievable to me. WOW