PDA

View Full Version : sponsor not honoring wins!!!

stockpilesrus
February 5th, 2008, 9:40pm
I have been trying since 2004 to get a sponsor to honor a prize we won & never recieved. FINALLY 4 years later & several emails (I sent with no replies back) they decide to contact me.
They were determined to say I never contacted them & why now, HMMMM -- I have emailed them on several occasions.
THEY NEVER SENT ANY WINNING NOTICES OR ANYTHING
What can I do??? (it was for a $100.00 GC)

KyPegasus
February 5th, 2008, 9:45pm
Do you still have the information received regarding your prize win either by email or letter they sent? If so, you can tell the sponsor you can fax a copy of the confirmation they sent.

Good Luck!
:)

john1948
February 5th, 2008, 9:46pm
There is a state limit in some states of two years to file to sue. The state laws you are in rules the contest, I would call the attorney General's Office and see what they say to do.

clh
February 5th, 2008, 9:51pm
Who is the sponsor? Should we avoid entering their contests?

Nickyle
Wow 4 years? Seriously? That is a long time to be chasing a $100 prize. I've given up on $500 and $1000 wins in less time after being screwed out of them.

As said before, you should have contacted the A.G. a while ago, not sure what they can do for you now but if you want to try that is a start.

Good Luck!!

CheckedOut
sorry for your headache!! it would be nice to know the sponsor...

im on the verge of having the same problem, though, they assure me the prize is coming.
(the golf channel)

sicotte1
February 5th, 2008, 9:54pm
That sucks

stockpilesrus
February 5th, 2008, 9:55pm
The information can be found at
http://www.FantasiaWear.com/contest-winners.htm
***Careful tho' -- they said they expect winners to contact them that the contest was meant for people to come back regularly & if they don't then they are basically sol :(

I haven't given up because I feel us sweepstakes entrants should not be treated as bait like this

sissy76
February 5th, 2008, 10:06pm
Once I won a prize and sent email after email about the status and come to find out, they blocked hotmail email addy's so that is why they never got my emails. They honored the prize because I notified them via another email addy thinking just maybe that was the problem and it was.

sheila10253
February 5th, 2008, 10:09pm
I would just let it go and chalk it up to experience! Not worth the aggravation!

margarita_mama
February 5th, 2008, 10:17pm
from the entry page (no rules that I could find):
n the last day of the month we draw our 6 lucky winners.

The winners' names and cities will be posted on the Winners Page.

By Submitting this form, you agree to have your name and city posted

on our web site if you are a lucky winner.

We may also send you emails about specials and upcoming

From the winners page at the website:
We invite our lucky winners to contact us at (phone #s listed)

Basically, it seems that it is up to the entrant to check the winners' list and contact them to claim.How long after you saw your name on the winners' page before you contacted them to claim your prize? And did you follow those instructions? (phone them?)

If it were me, I'd just give it up and be sure to unsusbscribe from their newsletter.
However, the AG in whatever state they are in is where you need to go should you wish to take further action.

stockpilesrus
February 5th, 2008, 10:29pm
I'm not sure how soon after I contacted them, it had to have been quickly because at that time I was a sweepstakes demon, lol (always searching for my name on winners lists)
The most aggravating thing about it is that they keep denying getting any emails from me & they are so cold about it all.
Oh well, guess I'll just spread the word & stay away from their sweeps :(

stockpilesrus
February 5th, 2008, 10:29pm
PS: (((HUGS))) to all

aycorn
February 5th, 2008, 11:01pm
wow, 4 years you have been after a $100 gift certificate? I would've let it go after the first 3 months.

I agree with margarita mama and others -- I'd just note the sponsor and say screw them.

stockpilesrus
February 5th, 2008, 11:14pm
a-m-e-n -- that's exactly what I think I'll do (danged obsessive behavior, hehehe)
argh :taz:
See you guys can always get me feeling better - Group Hig :crowd:

tupik3702
February 5th, 2008, 11:32pm
Keep trying, never give up. Sooner or later you may wear them down to fulfill their obligation. Usually sponsors do not like ill feelings from customers. Do not threaten them but, always be polite and direct indicating your means to spread the word of your situation. :grouphug:

jenninshelby
February 5th, 2008, 11:38pm
I would tell them to remove my name from their site as a "winner".. No I would demand that they do that..

elittle2004
February 5th, 2008, 11:56pm
I also have not recieved part of a prize either. A few months back I was 1 of the 10 winners in the Gamepro Magazine Call of Duty 4 Sweepstakes. I did recieve the Call of Duty 4 PC game, but I still haven't recieved the 1 year Gamepro Magazine subscription which was listed as part of the prize. I've e-mailed them twice about it...with no response. I'll e-mail them again next week. It kind of makes me mad also because the Call of Duty 4 PC game doesn't even work on my computer because I don't have the correct video/sound card that is required to play the game. Luckily, I have the same game for my Xbox 360 though.

yadgirl
February 6th, 2008, 12:21am
I think you should tell them to remove your name from their site, and move on to better sweeps.

pambanter
February 6th, 2008, 12:33am
THIS REALLY IRKS ME!

How dare you guys be dismissive about the OP's win? There are LAWS about how a sweepstakes should be conducted and not sending out a prize, while having the winner's name posted on their website, is against RULE NUMBER ONE!

Get a snapshot of that winner's page, OP, and send it to the state AG's office, either where you live or where the contest is located.

Just because other sweepers are lazy and uninformed does not mean that you should be.

Janir
February 6th, 2008, 1:11am
Pam, it looks as though this was a sweep where it was incumbent upon the entrant to check back & claim the prize within a certain time.

Also known as a "you snooze, you lose" sweep, that's why I rarely enter those.

minera
February 6th, 2008, 6:52am
I also have not recieved part of a prize either. A few months back I was 1 of the 10 winners in the Gamepro Magazine Call of Duty 4 Sweepstakes. I did recieve the Call of Duty 4 PC game, but I still haven't recieved the 1 year Gamepro Magazine subscription which was listed as part of the prize. I've e-mailed them twice about it...with no response. I'll e-mail them again next week. It kind of makes me mad also because the Call of Duty 4 PC game doesn't even work on my computer because I don't have the correct video/sound card that is required to play the game. Luckily, I have the same game for my Xbox 360 though.

I won a Gamepro Game and magazine subscription last year and they came seperately but the gamepro magazine subscription didn't start for like 2 months after the game came.

abymom
February 6th, 2008, 7:24am
I would just let it go and chalk it up to experience! Not worth the aggravation!

I agree, for $100, you have spent that amount 10 times over in time and energy over the past 4 years...

fastfreddie1959
February 6th, 2008, 7:54am
But then maybe you never received it........
#2--is that I'm sure they use spam filters on there E-mail server.
So once again good chance they never got your E-mails--pure speculation on my part.
After 4 yrs it's just not worth your time to be mad and frustrated--when you can
use that same energy and win big prizes:ohyeah:

stockpilesrus
February 6th, 2008, 10:09am
OMG! I was done, then got a response from them this morning.
LOOK at this mornings actual response from them:

...they 'Googled" thier name and noticed the prize company's 3-year-old contest page popped up with THEIR name on it...hey, how cool, they're gonna get $100 of stuff from this clothing company for FREE...so even though they've never ever placed an order with the company in the past 3+ years, never actually intended to shop at their website anyway, never gave the company the opportunity to earn their trust and loyalty as a valued customer, they're a sweepstakes hobbyist and they don't care because they're gettin' some stuff for FREE and what's more American than that?!!
...oh, here's what they can do, just tell the prize company that they, the winner, DID contact them "Numerous" times, but (in one's most indignant voice) say the company chose to ignore the attempts
...yah, that 'ill work, remember the best defense is a good offense...after all, nobody's going to screw them 'cause they are a contest winner, not to be trifled with!!!
...after all they are a winner that has sweepstakes agencies on their side, internet gaming authorities on their side, God on their side, ya-da-yada...so sad

They now are saying that they will honor the $100 gc however, we have to speak with them personally over the phone in order to claim it. They also stated we are to speak to a specific person because:
She will again ask you why you waited 3+ years to get our attention...you will answer (whatever) ...you both will laugh cordially

How rude!

sascha_b
February 6th, 2008, 10:16am
Wow...pretty unprofessional....

I'd say thank you, take the card, and tell them you'll be donating it to a charity or something, cuz you'd never consider giving them business after their response.

Yikes....

SillyLilly
February 6th, 2008, 10:19am

We feel you 'Googled" your name and noticed the prize company's 3-year-old contest page popped up with THEIR name on it...hey, how cool, they're gonna get $100 of stuff from this clothing company for FREE...so even though they've never ever placed an order with the company in the past 3+ years, never actually intended to shop at their website anyway, never gave the company the opportunity to earn their trust and loyalty as a valued customer, they're a sweepstakes hobbyist and they don't care because they're gettin' some stuff for FREE and what's more American than that?!!
...oh, here's what they can do, just tell the prize company that they, the winner, DID contact them "Numerous" times, but (in one's most indignant voice) say the company chose to ignore the attempts
...yah, that 'ill work, remember the best defense is a good offense...after all, nobody's going to screw them 'cause they are a contest winner, not to be trifled with!!!
...after all they are a winner that has sweepstakes agencies on their side, internet gaming authorities on their side, God on their side, ya-da-yada...so sad

They now are saying that they will honor the $100 gc however, we have to speak with them personally over the phone in order to claim it. They also stated we are to speak to a specific person because:
She will again ask you why you waited 3+ years to get our attention...you will answer (whatever) ...you both will laugh cordially

How rude!

No way! This is an actual email from fantasiawear.com ??? Yikes!!! Do you think they saw this thread?

secular
February 6th, 2008, 10:22am
Oh My Gosh, Denise! I can not believe that was their response.:mad:

mgals
February 6th, 2008, 10:23am
Denise, I would not invest any more time into trying to get them to honor the prize. Sometimes it's just not worth it. Chalk it up to a bad experience, and never use them again. BTW, you most certainly can place their name on our site, and I am sure many here will be happy to not enter any of their contests.

Sorry for the bad deal.

Cathy

Luckypat35
February 6th, 2008, 10:24am
2004? Seriously, I would've let it go back then and moved on. Cut my losses. :bike:

If it was something huge, I would've pushed on for my win. :scoot:

stockpilesrus
February 6th, 2008, 10:28am
Hi there,
Horrible response they gave huh? You know what's worse? They repeated things I posted here. Careful what you say, they may be a member here :trolls:
Happy wins to all

SillyLilly
February 6th, 2008, 10:32am
I hope they are a member here. I hope it starts sinking in how talking to a customer so rudely can hurt your business. I for one will never purchase anything at http://www.FantasiaWear.com/

stockpilesrus
February 6th, 2008, 10:34am
I agree. It's gonna be hard to call them with how mean-spirited they are acting, but they are willing to honor it after all these years of emailing them & finally a response! They say they respond to their customers, yet, they don't reply to potential customers brought on by winning! (of course tho' they say they never recieved record of my numerous contacts, yeah right)Geez

lindalou1
February 6th, 2008, 10:53am
Wow, how tacky. Take the gift card, and give it to someone who can use it. I would not buy one thing from them, but thats me.

luckywishes
February 6th, 2008, 11:09am

It took me almost 6 monthss to get my ESPN sub from an NBA game I won. Mag subs take forever. you may want to contact the mag company if you do not hear from the contest holder.

mgals
February 6th, 2008, 11:27am
Brent, OP - can you block their contests? I know it's been done before, and I think now would be the perfect time to do it again. This is nonsense!

stockpilesrus
February 6th, 2008, 11:36am
A-M-E-N!!! I hope you find out if they are a member here or not too.

margarita_mama
February 6th, 2008, 11:43am
I may be in the minority here, but OP, did you contact them by phone (as indicated on the winners' page) or was all of your contact made by email? And if so, when did you phone them? How long after your name was posted?
While I think their response is a tacky one, seems to me that if OP did not follow the instructions for claiming the prize(by phone) in a timely manner, part of the responsibility does indeed lie with the OP.

To the OP, glad to see you may be getting the prize afterall, but they are now requesting you call them (which is what the instructions were to begin with, right?)
I am truly sorry that you are having to fight this much for your prize, but still.....the instructions were there to begin with.

stockpilesrus
February 6th, 2008, 12:02pm
Sorry to burst your bubble, but - YES, I responded to them via email on numerous occasions, I was waiting for them to reply back. I did not want to make a big stinch over it & I carried on. Forgot all about contacting them again until later on, then even later on again. Hubby was working during the times to call (8am to 4pm PST...M-F) we felt we had little choice but to email them. Nowhere did it state we HAD to contact them, let alone via email or phone, yet we still did.

pambanter
February 6th, 2008, 12:10pm
Wow, if running sweeps is not getting them the business or the returns they wanted...then they should stop. That person is gonna blow. Heh. Someone should make them step away from the keyboard.

Or put a time limit in their rules about claiming prizes.
Or not post the names of "winners" who do not claim prizes.

Hear that, fantasy whatever? YOU designed the "contract" which is the rules for this sweep. If you don't like it, design another contract.

stockpilesrus
February 6th, 2008, 12:17pm
:toast1::thumbs:

Defenderofthefaith
February 6th, 2008, 12:21pm
I think you should tell them to remove your name from their site, and move on to better sweeps.

I agree. Sorry this happened to you. :hugs:

SillyLilly
February 6th, 2008, 12:42pm
Lots of alternatives for people wanting large-size lingerie. No need to deal with abusive people.

http://www.hipsandcurves.com/
http://www.linay.com/
http://www.largesizelingerie.com/mm5/
http://www.aboutcurves.com/

margarita_mama
February 6th, 2008, 12:48pm
Sorry to burst your bubble, but - YES, I responded to them via email on numerous occasions, I was waiting for them to reply back. I did not want to make a big stinch over it & I carried on. Forgot all about contacting them again until later on, then even later on again. Mark was working during the times to call (8am to 4pm PST...M-F) we felt we had little choice but to email them. Nowhere did it state we HAD to contact them, let alone via email or phone, yet we still did.

OK...so you did not follow the instructions to claim your prize, then?
Right there on the winners' page, it states to call to claim the prize. Again, I am truly sorry you are having to go through this hassle, but I still am thinking that the instructions were not followed to claim the prize in a timely manner.
There are various other sweeps listed on this website that require a person to check the sponsor's website for a list of winners.
To tell the truth, personally, I don't bother with them, as I may never go back to that website, either.

I'm sorry, I just feel that the outrage towards this sponsor is totally unwarranted, except for that tacky response they sent out.

stockpilesrus
February 6th, 2008, 1:17pm
Thanks for the links & the advice, u r all so wonderful. I'm a hard person to calm down once I get mad, but thanks to you I was able to calm down. u r awesome!!!

stockpilesrus
February 6th, 2008, 5:26pm
INTERESTING! Someone had the nerve to contact the sponsor who is now contacting the only other board I posted this on!!! How horrible :shocked3:
As I stated to the other sweepstakes board owner (whom I consider a friend)
I apologize for posting the problems I'd incurred with that site. It was not meant for slander or anything else other than to get help from others on what I could do about it.
Brent & Moderators -- PLEASE find out if that person is a member here as well & remind them that anything written here is COPYRIGHTED material that is not legally allowed to be forwarded to anyone including that site.
PS: We are aware of 2 sweepstakes winners from our Utah SS group alone who's emails went ignored for a very long time over & over again. There may be more than that. They've denied & denied, but the facts remain the same as what we've been through. :argue:
They now have made good as of today & we shall see if the order actually arrives now, we've never ordered from them. :clock:

debjdebj
February 6th, 2008, 8:57pm
Firstly, there wasn't just one forum member who contacted FantasiaWear.com...there were a few who thought FantasiaWear.com was getting an unjust beating at the hands of the winner's wife in this and another sweeps forum.

Is that all of FantasiaWear's email the winner posted and shared with you OLS forum members?!! What happened to the rest of FantasiaWear.com's lengthy email? He, the winner, omitted most of the email FantasiaWear sent him. She, the winner's wife, carefully cut out of context a few snippets of the lengthy FantasiaWear email to garner unjust sympathy and support for his/hers, the winner's, empty argument. She, the winner's wife, would lead you OLS forum members to believe that they were contacting FantasiaWear.com on a regular basis over the course of 3+ years and FantasiaWear systematically ignored all their many emails. Well, it's doubtful that FantasiaWear would continue to serve the internet shoppers for over 11 years if they continuously ignored customers' emails as this forum has been falsely lead to believe.

The bottom line is we have been trying to help him from the very beginning...we never refused his request for his prize credit, he just needed to call our TOLL FREE line to get the details of how to redeem. We promptly sent him responses to his two emails...we explained our reasons for having the contest and our reason for the contest procedures. He neglected to address the details of our emails and, again, continued to ignore our efforts to assist him in redeeming his $100 prize Credit. With his most recent email threatening legal action, giving us a 24-hour deadline to respond and implying intent to discredit us on various sweeps websites and forums, we felt our back was against the wall. He wasn't acknowledging our repeated attempts to assist him and he was threatening our livelihood and we felt compelled to make one final attempt to help him understand our simple redeeming procedure. Here is the ENTIRE email he most recently sent us...after reading his email, perhaps our email response makes a little more sense and perhaps deserves some consideration...

***" "I did NOT wait to contact you. As I stated before, this is the first time YOU contacted me back. I have a friend who also won & we have been in contact with various sweepstakes agencies that enforce the legalities of internet gaming when sponsors refuse to honor prizes such as this situtaion reflects.

NOWHERE does it state we had to contact you. Again, I did contact you & never recieved a response back. This shall be our final attempt to request that you honor this or unfortunately, further action will have to be enforced within 24 hours of the date of this notice (7:16pm MT / Tuesday, February 5, 2008).

What you are doing is wrong & unfair & this behavior will not be tolerated,

[winners name]" ***

He seemed more interested in a confrontation than a simple prompt resolution...so yes, we sent him the following email. Thank you OLS for publishing the winner's final email to FantasiaWear.com and also FantasiaWear's responding email in its ENTIRETY and not just the few out-of-context snippets the winner edited for your forum members...

Greetings [winner],

Please take a moment to read our previous two emails (you are not responding to what they are saying, [winner]...you don't seem to have taken the time to have read them).

They are requesting that you please contact us about the $100 credit.

We have never refused to afford you this credit! We just don't understand your unique approach to redeeming a prize gift credit...

1. We are accused of consciously ignoring you.

2. We are accused of sub-par customer service. (We work very hard to keep our customers happy!)

3. We are called liars when we tell you we have no record of any email or phone call from you. (We log the emails and phone conversations we have with customers about the changes, the questions, the shipping details, etc. of their current orders...you have never ordered anything from us ever and there is no previous record over the past 3+ years of any email or phone call from you.)

4. You next assume we are not going to honor the $100 prize credit at FantasiaWear, Inc.

5. You refuse to contact us in spite of our repeated requests (we have given you both our phone number and our toll FREE 800 number).

6. You give us unsolicited advice on how we should be running our drawing. (The other winners had no problem with phoning us).

7. We are accused a second time of "refusing" to honor the $100 prize credit (We didn't say that, we didn't write that...why are YOU?)

8. You infer that we are running an unscrupulous drawing and/or trying to dodge redeeming the prize credits to our winners (If that was the case, why on Earth would we continue to publish our monthly winners on the internet going back to the year 2001? Does that make any sense, really?)

9. You imply some vague, veiled legal threat if you don't get the $100 prize credit (that all the time we have been trying to assist you in redeeming).

10. You then give us a 24-hour ultimatum (Even though we have repeatedly asked that you contact us so that we can explain to you over the phone how to most easily redeem your prize.)

I'm not sure anyone has ever had such abuse rained down upon them for trying to give someone a $100 prize gift credit...

Perhaps it is true that "No good deed goes unpunished".

When one is only trying to give another a $100 prize credit and it was met with just a FEW of the 10 responses listed above, some might retort to YOU, [winner], that "what you are doing is wrong & unfair & this behavior will not be tolerated"... [as written in YOUR email accusing FantasiaWear] but we at FantasiaWear would never be so terse. However, it's curious to us that you just naturally assumed from the very first that we were going to 'rip you off' and, in spite of our emails and requests to call us, you continued to cling tenaciously to this fallacy and ignore our repeated attempts to assist you. If you had just called us, like our website suggested, like our emails requested, like our other winners did, we could have explained to you how to have redeemed your prize. It appears that you were more interested in a confrontation than a resolution.

Please allow me an idle speculation of what could maybe be a plausible scenario of what MIGHT possibly have lead to a like situation...

Suppose an internet clothing company offered a monthly prize drawing, the winners can redeem their prizes whenever...no deadline (although the company hopes that the entrants visit monthly to see if they have won, the whole point being to increase site traffic and encourage repeated visits)...well, one day someone sees their name was posted as a winner (over 3 years ago)...they might have noticed it back then but just never got around to talking with the prize company to get the specifics of redeeming the prize...over three years have gone by...but it was only a few days ago when they 'Googled" their name and they noticed the prize company's 3-year-old contest page popped up with THEIR name on it...hey, how cool, they're gonna get $100 of stuff from this clothing company for FREE...so even though they've never ever placed an order with the company in the past 3+ years, never actually intended to shop at their website anyway, never gave the company the opportunity to earn their trust and loyalty as a valued customer, they're a sweepstakes hobbyist and they don't care because they're gettin' some stuff for FREE and what's more American than that?!!...oh, no, wait a minute, what company in their right mind would honor a contest over 3 years old?...the company is just going to 'blow them off' if they can't come up with a good reason why they waited 3+ years to redeem their prize...oh, here's what they can do, just tell the prize company that they, the winner, DID contact them "Numerous" times, but (in one's most indignant voice) say the company chose to ignore the attempts...yah, that 'ill work, remember the best defense is a good offense...after all, nobody's going to screw them 'cause they are a contest winner, not to be trifled with!!!...after all they are a winner that has sweepstakes agencies on their side, internet gaming authorities on their side, God on their side, ya-da-yada...so sad, because they were so certain the company was going to try to screw them out of the $100 prize, the winner was deaf to the fact that the company actually DID want to help them from the very beginning to redeem their prize...

Since we apparently have done such a poor job communicating with you, let me make one final attempt to make you understand...

1. YES, you CAN, and always could, redeem your prize credit (even after 3+ years, you are no exception)

2 You, [winner], absolutely need to contact/phone/call/telephone FantasiaWear, Inc. using one of two telephone numbers...those being 253-927-7766 or TOLL FREE 800-850-3268.

3. Ask for Customer Service (either Jen or Lisa will be aware of your specifics, please ask for one by name)

4. FantasiaWear, Inc. Customer Service is available 8am to 4pm PST...M-F...if all lines are busy, please leave a detailed voice mail message including your return telephone number...you will hear from us within one business day.

5. She will again ask you why you waited 3+ years to get our attention...you will answer [whatever]...you both will laugh cordially.

6. She will give you the simple instructions of how to place your order online using your $100 prize gift or take your order at that time over the phone.

7. She will remind you to include the Shipping/Handling costs as part of the $100 prize gift.

8. When your order is ready to ship, you will be emailed a notice with a tracking number...in-house processing time is usually 1-9 Business Days (unless we experience any factory backorders or discontinues).

9. There will be NO need to send any further emails, they will not be read...all future communications will be ONLY handled over the phone to avoid any further miscommunication.

10. Your anonymous friend, who is also a winner, is requested to also contact us by phone for assistance.

Please accept my humble apologies for the tedium and redundancy, however, in this case it seem warranted,

[President]
FantasiaWear, Inc. / SAM, Inc.
www.FantasiaWear.com
Seattle, WA
USA

PS-Update: [winner] had his wife call us this morning to place the $100 prize credit order...she was very kind and polite...we trust she found us helpful and cordial...Thank you for your order, [winner].

stockpilesrus
February 6th, 2008, 9:03pm
Yeah, & I suppose we were that mad because of your willingness to respond & helpfulness & HONESTY? wow, you sure are not admitting to everything.
How about 4 years of no responses (of which others can relate to as well) not to mention your nasty replies BEFORE that 1 here which was mocking what had happened, it was not a scenerio, it was an outright mock.

I guess you want everyone to think I'm just mad for no reason huh? I never would have asked for help if you were being on the 'up & up'. Again, the facts remain.

The credit update was already posted by ME earlier today. Again, we shall see if the items are actually recieved, we've never ordered from there before & this ignorance is no way to keep new customers.

Interestingly enough - Never did you say we'd get a credit until we had to get mad & stand up for other sweepstakes enthusiasts.
Mark was not the only person you played this game with.

Read your emails again & quit denying any previous contact we & other winners made to you.
Is your site that slow that you sign up for groups with members you make fun of only to argue a non-valid argument?

We contacted you & never once did you state we would have any kind of credit. Instead you kept denying we ever contacted you in the first place. Again, do you really think anyone's going to get that mad at a sweepstakes for HONORING a win?
I suppose the other people who won & tried to contact you with no avail are full of it as well?
We've never had to place ourselves into a position of getting harsh with a sponsor before, we love our sweepstakes sponsors & have become regular customers to some of their sites. But we felt you left us no other option.

We were asking for help about this situation & personal opinions on what people felt we should do to get YOU to honor what we & others never recieved. All we got was rude remarks & guessing games.

Our posts were for help as a next step in avoiding more harsh means, not for slander or any other reason yet you choose to make a game of this.
Bottom line:
You WERE contacted on various occassions by ourselves & other winners
You finally said we could get the credit today & we ordered, now we shall see how professional you are in actual distribution of the sale.
I would like to see this form a better outcome. If you have any further discussion you would like to partake in, feel free to email us, but I doubt you'll do that 'cause in your own words - I've never contacted you to do so

jenninshelby
February 7th, 2008, 12:20am

...they 'Googled" thier name and noticed the prize company's 3-year-old contest page popped up with THEIR name on it...hey, how cool, they're gonna get $100 of stuff from this clothing company for FREE...so even though they've never ever placed an order with the company in the past 3+ years, never actually intended to shop at their website anyway, never gave the company the opportunity to earn their trust and loyalty as a valued customer, they're a sweepstakes hobbyist and they don't care because they're gettin' some stuff for FREE and what's more American than that?!!

How rude!

Yeah.. Very rude.. I so would have had to bite my tongue on that.. :rolleyes:

jenninshelby
February 7th, 2008, 12:22am
I hope they are a member here. I hope it starts sinking in how talking to a customer so rudely can hurt your business. I for one will never purchase anything at http://www.FantasiaWear.com/

Ditto! :nono:

stockpilesrus
February 7th, 2008, 12:28am
Exactly my point, nice little 'scenerio' the sponsor spoke of, interestingly similar, but exaggerated current events huh? I wonder how they really feel about us sweepstakes enthusiasts?..

TawnyNY
February 12th, 2008, 2:43pm

How rude!

UH...were you suppose to get that email?

ironbutterfly
February 12th, 2008, 3:14pm
This whole thing stinks worse than unwashed taint

Spiderella
February 12th, 2008, 3:23pm
That is weird. I won from them a couple years ago and they were quick to send me a gift certificate.

ROSIE203
February 12th, 2008, 3:45pm
a-m-e-n -- that's exactly what I think I'll do (danged obsessive behavior, hehehe)
argh :taz:
See you guys can always get me feeling better - Group Hig :crowd:

Can I join I love GROUP HIGS LOL:encore:

mcclave
February 12th, 2008, 3:45pm
Brent, OP - can you block their contests? I know it's been done before, and I think now would be the perfect time to do it again. This is nonsense!

I second this! I may get on this computer everyday and enter every contest I can find but that doesn't allow you to treat me nasty! I can't tell you how many large purchases I have made from companies that I have found while sweeping, companies that I may have never heard of had I not entered a sweep. If this is how these people feel about potential customers then I would really rather not have anything to do with them free or not.:mad2:

carenyllie
February 12th, 2008, 3:46pm
2004? Seriously, I would've let it go back then and moved on. Cut my losses. :bike:

If it was something huge, I would've pushed on for my win. :scoot:

I agree. $100? Just not worth it! Reminds me of the guy that wanted to get a lawyer because BK wouldn't send him his $20 DVD! I understand it's the principle of the matter...but really.....there's bigger things to worry about in life.

mcclave
February 12th, 2008, 3:46pm
This whole thing stinks worse than unwashed taint

:highfive:

JesterPester
February 12th, 2008, 3:49pm
That is weird. I won from them a couple years ago and they were quick to send me a gift certificate.

Yes, but you were probably quick to claim the win and actually do it in the way they required.

Babygirl2
February 12th, 2008, 3:54pm
wow! I read this thread the other day and it was a bit confusing so I left it alone. There wasn't enough info provided and some of the posts just made no sense.

I think I would have left this alone also a long time ago. Yeah, I understand that its the point too but how much time do you spend on this small win, when in fact you could have been entering for bigger and better prizes?

Seems it really doesn't matter now. Op and Sponsor posted that they honored the OP's win. And yet, the OP still comes back to bash the Sponsor before getting your prize. I mean, I understand you're upset over and you probably question whether you will get the prize or not. But could you not have just let it rest until a sufficient amount of time went by and IF you didnt receive your purchase then perhaps contact the sponsor again.

But I have to agree with the Sponsor on a few things, first you never posted proof that you sent an email in time as other ppl have done on this site, in this situation, you omitted apparently alot of info from an email that was allegedly sent to you.

Why not post the entire email? Unless there is something to hide.

OP got your order in...let it go. I don't think one person stating they didnt get their prize constitutes being banned from posting their sweep on OLS.

Always 3 sides to a story...always!

feta
February 12th, 2008, 3:56pm
Denise- i may be having somewhat of a problem with them also, i had won from them oh about a yr ago and never claimed my prize, this brought it to mind that it was still sitting in my e-mail box. I'll let you know how they treat me, etc

cpnqn
February 12th, 2008, 3:56pm
well- the thing about sweeps is, they are games of chance- even WINNING one is no gaurantee you'll GET it... Thus you see my post stuck in pergatory on the car I've won and have yet to receive (they still have 4 more weeks!!! lol.) it happens.

I once had a sweeps that didn't even tell me I'd won- until a YEAR later, then shipping several months after letting me know.

I would not waste my time on something this old, I'd never register for them again and count that as a cost of sweeping and believe they are not an honorable business- end of story.

It stinks, I hate it for you and it's not fair- but, in the end- they lose because it was supposed to promote them and they did damage there.

mcclave
February 12th, 2008, 4:05pm
Yeah, & I suppose we were that mad because of your willingness to respond & helpfulness & HONESTY? wow, you sure are not admitting to everything.
How about 4 years of no responses (of which others can relate to as well) not to mention your nasty replies BEFORE that 1 here which was mocking what had happened, it was not a scenerio, it was an outright mock.

I guess you want everyone to think I'm just mad for no reason huh? I never would have asked for help if you were being on the 'up & up'. Again, the facts remain.

The credit update was already posted by ME earlier today. Again, we shall see if the items are actually recieved, we've never ordered from there before & this ignorance is no way to keep new customers.

Interestingly enough - Never did you say we'd get a credit until we had to get mad & stand up for other sweepstakes enthusiasts.
Mark was not the only person you played this game with.

Read your emails again & quit denying any previous contact we & other winners made to you.
Is your site that slow that you sign up for groups with members you make fun of only to argue a non-valid argument?

We contacted you & never once did you state we would have any kind of credit. Instead you kept denying we ever contacted you in the first place. Again, do you really think anyone's going to get that mad at a sweepstakes for HONORING a win?
I suppose the other people who won & tried to contact you with no avail are full of it as well?
We've never had to place ourselves into a position of getting harsh with a sponsor before, we love our sweepstakes sponsors & have become regular customers to some of their sites. But we felt you left us no other option.

We were asking for help about this situation & personal opinions on what people felt we should do to get YOU to honor what we & others never recieved. All we got was rude remarks & guessing games.

Our posts were for help as a next step in avoiding more harsh means, not for slander or any other reason yet you choose to make a game of this.
Bottom line:
You WERE contacted on various occassions by ourselves & other winners
You finally said we could get the credit today & we ordered, now we shall see how professional you are in actual distribution of the sale.
I would like to see this form a better outcome. If you have any further discussion you would like to partake in, feel free to email us, but I doubt you'll do that 'cause in your own words - I've never contacted you to do so

:worry: What's the matter with collecting information at the time of the contest then just mailing out the prize. That way any mention of you would be something to this effect:

Woo Hoo!! I got my $100 CG from {sponsor}:cheer3::cheer3:

{sponsor} Rocks!!:toot:

Babygirl2
February 12th, 2008, 4:09pm
:worry: What's the matter with collecting information at the time of the contest then just mailing out the prize. That way any mention of you would be something to this effect:

Woo Hoo!! I got my $100 CG from {sponser}:cheer3::cheer3:

{sponser} Rocks!!:toot:

Completely agree with that. I am sure many companies make winners follow up on their site for a few reasons.

Marketing....to ensure another visit.

And if they don't check the site, they don't claim their win.

Perhaps sponsors need to change it and give a time limit on how long they have to contact once their name is posted. Unless you delete all of your sent items, I would think you would have the email proof you send trying to claim your prize.

I dont clean my sent but I am sure some do. But my emails are mostly, look another loosing email woohoo. lol

Zagnut444
February 12th, 2008, 4:11pm
Have any of you even read the whole thread? the actual company responded to this thread with the actual email they sent the OP.
Just saying.

Babygirl2
February 12th, 2008, 4:12pm
Have any of you even read the whole thread? the actual company responded to this thread with the actual email they sent the OP.
Just saying.

I read that and posted on the page b4 this about it. But it got buried. :)

Zagnut444
February 12th, 2008, 4:17pm
I read that and posted on the page b4 this about it. But it got buried. :)

Yeah, this thread is confusing me too....seems posts are disappearing or something, jumping around, maybe its just me.:goofy3:

durberville
February 12th, 2008, 5:08pm
Just saying.

yep...THAT'S what I'm thinking (It's not deleted, it's right there in black and white)..... one shouldn't cut and paste snippets of emails, it's very misleading.

RockysJewel
February 12th, 2008, 5:58pm
Exactly...:toast1:

Yes, but you were probably quick to claim the win and actually do it in the way they required.

RockysJewel
February 12th, 2008, 6:10pm
Thank you for posting

Firstly, there wasn't just one forum member who contacted FantasiaWear.com...there were a few who thought FantasiaWear.com was getting an unjust beating at the hands of the winner's wife in this and another sweeps forum.

Is that all of FantasiaWear's email the winner posted and shared with you OLS forum members?!! What happened to the rest of FantasiaWear.com's lengthy email? He, the winner, omitted most of the email FantasiaWear sent him. She, the winner's wife, carefully cut out of context a few snippets of the lengthy FantasiaWear email to garner unjust sympathy and support for his/hers, the winner's, empty argument. She, the winner's wife, would lead you OLS forum members to believe that they were contacting FantasiaWear.com on a regular basis over the course of 3+ years and FantasiaWear systematically ignored all their many emails. Well, it's doubtful that FantasiaWear would continue to serve the internet shoppers for over 11 years if they continuously ignored customers' emails as this forum has been falsely lead to believe.

The bottom line is we have been trying to help him from the very beginning...we never refused his request for his prize credit, he just needed to call our TOLL FREE line to get the details of how to redeem. We promptly sent him responses to his two emails...we explained our reasons for having the contest and our reason for the contest procedures. He neglected to address the details of our emails and, again, continued to ignore our efforts to assist him in redeeming his $100 prize Credit. With his most recent email threatening legal action, giving us a 24-hour deadline to respond and implying intent to discredit us on various sweeps websites and forums, we felt our back was against the wall. He wasn't acknowledging our repeated attempts to assist him and he was threatening our livelihood and we felt compelled to make one final attempt to help him understand our simple redeeming procedure. Here is the ENTIRE email he most recently sent us...after reading his email, perhaps our email response makes a little more sense and perhaps deserves some consideration...

***" "I did NOT wait to contact you. As I stated before, this is the first time YOU contacted me back. I have a friend who also won & we have been in contact with various sweepstakes agencies that enforce the legalities of internet gaming when sponsors refuse to honor prizes such as this situtaion reflects.

NOWHERE does it state we had to contact you. Again, I did contact you & never recieved a response back. This shall be our final attempt to request that you honor this or unfortunately, further action will have to be enforced within 24 hours of the date of this notice (7:16pm MT / Tuesday, February 5, 2008).

What you are doing is wrong & unfair & this behavior will not be tolerated,

[winners name]" ***

He seemed more interested in a confrontation than a simple prompt resolution...so yes, we sent him the following email. Thank you OLS for publishing the winner's final email to FantasiaWear.com and also FantasiaWear's responding email in its ENTIRETY and not just the few out-of-context snippets the winner edited for your forum members...

Greetings [winner],

Please take a moment to read our previous two emails (you are not responding to what they are saying, [winner]...you don't seem to have taken the time to have read them).

They are requesting that you please contact us about the $100 credit.

We have never refused to afford you this credit! We just don't understand your unique approach to redeeming a prize gift credit...

1. We are accused of consciously ignoring you.

2. We are accused of sub-par customer service. (We work very hard to keep our customers happy!)

3. We are called liars when we tell you we have no record of any email or phone call from you. (We log the emails and phone conversations we have with customers about the changes, the questions, the shipping details, etc. of their current orders...you have never ordered anything from us ever and there is no previous record over the past 3+ years of any email or phone call from you.)

4. You next assume we are not going to honor the $100 prize credit at FantasiaWear, Inc.

5. You refuse to contact us in spite of our repeated requests (we have given you both our phone number and our toll FREE 800 number).

6. You give us unsolicited advice on how we should be running our drawing. (The other winners had no problem with phoning us).

7. We are accused a second time of "refusing" to honor the $100 prize credit (We didn't say that, we didn't write that...why are YOU?)

8. You infer that we are running an unscrupulous drawing and/or trying to dodge redeeming the prize credits to our winners (If that was the case, why on Earth would we continue to publish our monthly winners on the internet going back to the year 2001? Does that make any sense, really?)

9. You imply some vague, veiled legal threat if you don't get the $100 prize credit (that all the time we have been trying to assist you in redeeming).

10. You then give us a 24-hour ultimatum (Even though we have repeatedly asked that you contact us so that we can explain to you over the phone how to most easily redeem your prize.)

I'm not sure anyone has ever had such abuse rained down upon them for trying to give someone a $100 prize gift credit...

Perhaps it is true that "No good deed goes unpunished".

When one is only trying to give another a $100 prize credit and it was met with just a FEW of the 10 responses listed above, some might retort to YOU, [winner], that "what you are doing is wrong & unfair & this behavior will not be tolerated"... [as written in YOUR email accusing FantasiaWear] but we at FantasiaWear would never be so terse. However, it's curious to us that you just naturally assumed from the very first that we were going to 'rip you off' and, in spite of our emails and requests to call us, you continued to cling tenaciously to this fallacy and ignore our repeated attempts to assist you. If you had just called us, like our website suggested, like our emails requested, like our other winners did, we could have explained to you how to have redeemed your prize. It appears that you were more interested in a confrontation than a resolution.

Please allow me an idle speculation of what could maybe be a plausible scenario of what MIGHT possibly have lead to a like situation...

Suppose an internet clothing company offered a monthly prize drawing, the winners can redeem their prizes whenever...no deadline (although the company hopes that the entrants visit monthly to see if they have won, the whole point being to increase site traffic and encourage repeated visits)...well, one day someone sees their name was posted as a winner (over 3 years ago)...they might have noticed it back then but just never got around to talking with the prize company to get the specifics of redeeming the prize...over three years have gone by...but it was only a few days ago when they 'Googled" their name and they noticed the prize company's 3-year-old contest page popped up with THEIR name on it...hey, how cool, they're gonna get $100 of stuff from this clothing company for FREE...so even though they've never ever placed an order with the company in the past 3+ years, never actually intended to shop at their website anyway, never gave the company the opportunity to earn their trust and loyalty as a valued customer, they're a sweepstakes hobbyist and they don't care because they're gettin' some stuff for FREE and what's more American than that?!!...oh, no, wait a minute, what company in their right mind would honor a contest over 3 years old?...the company is just going to 'blow them off' if they can't come up with a good reason why they waited 3+ years to redeem their prize...oh, here's what they can do, just tell the prize company that they, the winner, DID contact them "Numerous" times, but (in one's most indignant voice) say the company chose to ignore the attempts...yah, that 'ill work, remember the best defense is a good offense...after all, nobody's going to screw them 'cause they are a contest winner, not to be trifled with!!!...after all they are a winner that has sweepstakes agencies on their side, internet gaming authorities on their side, God on their side, ya-da-yada...so sad, because they were so certain the company was going to try to screw them out of the $100 prize, the winner was deaf to the fact that the company actually DID want to help them from the very beginning to redeem their prize...

Since we apparently have done such a poor job communicating with you, let me make one final attempt to make you understand...

1. YES, you CAN, and always could, redeem your prize credit (even after 3+ years, you are no exception)

2 You, [winner], absolutely need to contact/phone/call/telephone FantasiaWear, Inc. using one of two telephone numbers...those being 253-927-7766 or TOLL FREE 800-850-3268.

3. Ask for Customer Service (either Jen or Lisa will be aware of your specifics, please ask for one by name)

4. FantasiaWear, Inc. Customer Service is available 8am to 4pm PST...M-F...if all lines are busy, please leave a detailed voice mail message including your return telephone number...you will hear from us within one business day.

5. She will again ask you why you waited 3+ years to get our attention...you will answer [whatever]...you both will laugh cordially.

6. She will give you the simple instructions of how to place your order online using your $100 prize gift or take your order at that time over the phone.

7. She will remind you to include the Shipping/Handling costs as part of the $100 prize gift.

8. When your order is ready to ship, you will be emailed a notice with a tracking number...in-house processing time is usually 1-9 Business Days (unless we experience any factory backorders or discontinues).

9. There will be NO need to send any further emails, they will not be read...all future communications will be ONLY handled over the phone to avoid any further miscommunication.

10. Your anonymous friend, who is also a winner, is requested to also contact us by phone for assistance.

Please accept my humble apologies for the tedium and redundancy, however, in this case it seem warranted,

[President]
FantasiaWear, Inc. / SAM, Inc.
www.FantasiaWear.com (http://www.FantasiaWear.com)
Seattle, WA
USA

PS-Update: [winner] had his wife call us this morning to place the $100 prize credit order...she was very kind and polite...we trust she found us helpful and cordial...Thank you for your order, [winner].

cranepuffin
February 12th, 2008, 6:11pm
Hey! I'm on the winners list too!...Just kidding. :grin3:

I think you're out of luck. They don't seem to care, unfortunately. :mad2:

RockysJewel
February 12th, 2008, 6:12pm
Unclear on how you may be having a problem?

Denise- i may be having somewhat of a problem with them also, i had won from them oh about a yr ago and never claimed my prize, this brought it to mind that it was still sitting in my e-mail box. I'll let you know how they treat me, etc

pandka
February 12th, 2008, 6:18pm
This thread is making my head swim. Who is actually the OP? The winner or the winner's wife? This whole thing is very confusing. :goofy3:

durberville
February 12th, 2008, 6:20pm
Hey! I'm on the winners list too!...Just kidding. :grin3:

I think you're out of luck. They don't seem to care, unfortunately. :mad2:

did you READ the post immediately above yours?!

margarita_mama
February 12th, 2008, 6:44pm
did you READ the post immediately above yours?!

OK...I've got to laugh now. Maybe this belongs in the "Amazing how nobody reads....." thread.
Here it is in a nutshell....
OP's husband won this sweep approx. 4 yrs. ago. The rules are really sketchy, but the entry form and the winner's page on the website specifically invite the entrant to phone call the company (toll-free # is given) to claim their prize.
OP did not do this, but decided that after 4 years, it was time to bring it all out into the open. Except, OP did not bring it all out into the open.
Sponsor was alerted to this post, apparently by members of this site, or of the other site that OP also posted her complaint. Sponsor posted here further details, some that the OP left out.
Sponsor has agreed to honor the OP's husband's win, after all this time, and despite the OP's husband did not claim the prize as instructed.

Now...we're just waiting for a follow-up from the OP, indicating that her husband did indeed receive his prize.
Wheww!!!!!!

retrobruce
February 12th, 2008, 7:01pm
Here's my opnion Based on my reading of the WHOLE thread...

If DebjDebj is the spnosor of the sweep and the email posted was the complete email and not just snips that were taken out of context to gain sympathy, my opinion is that the OP was way out of line with what was said, done and posted. From what I read, it sounds like you have posted rather negative things about the sponsor on at least two different internet forums. If you "stretched" the truth at all in your comments about the sponsor, you have potentially opened yourself up to legal action. Trashing the reputation of a business (or person) is a dangerous place to go... Walk on tip-toes and be darn careful to state the truth and the WHOLE truth when doing such a thing.

If a sweep says to call them, don't email them and complain. Actually following the rules and calling might just do the trick.

I wouldn't expect a company to honor a contestant with a prize FOUR YEARS AFTER THE CONTEST if the "potential winner" never followed the contest rules and contacted them for the prize.

My only comment towards the people offering the sweep is that I might place a future time limit for contacting the sponsor before awarding wins. If the potential winner doesn't comply within the time limit, I would remove their name from the "winners list."

To the O.P. if my take on this is correct, it sounds like you were trying to stir up anger towards the sponsor and trying to trash their business. Not a good thing to do in general. An even worse thing to do as a sweeper. It discourages sponsors from offering future sweeps.

Two thumbs down. Sorry.

To DebjDebj, if you are the sponsor, (or are here representing the sponsor) Thank you for coming here to defend yourself. In general, I personally discourage people posting the contents of emails that were not intended to be public. After selected contents of your email were posted here, you had the perfect right to come and post what you wrote. Thank you for redacting the "winner's" personally identifiable contact information.

Please be aware that this one "winner" does not represent OLS or the sweeping community as a whole. Neither do I. I am only representing my OWN opinion here.

Yes, sweepers, myself included, enter a LOT of sweepstakes from companies we may not have ever heard of before. Having you offer the sweepstakes that you have done DOES do what you want. It drives a LOT of traffic towards your site that might not have otherwise heard of you.

From personal experience, I have found many companies that I would not have otherwise known of because of my sweeping experience. I have become a customer of many of them. Sure, not all of us are going to purchase from every website we go to, but not everyone does! You can be assured that many of us here are avid internet shoppers. We don't just like to WIN stuff over the internet but we actually do BUY things too. We value the opportunity and convience to find new items and purchase them from the comfort of home. Welcome to the OLS family. Sorry your introduction was not a more friendly one. I sincerely hope that some of the people that posted earlier in this thread will come back and read the whole story (at least as we know it now) and will change their mind about you as a spnosor and online merchant.

Thanks again!

RetroBruce

JesterPester
February 12th, 2008, 7:09pm
This thread is making my head swim. Who is actually the OP? The winner or the winner's wife? This whole thing is very confusing. :goofy3:

The OP is the wife of the "winner".
Sounds to me like she enters things in both her and her hubby's name and was e-mailing instead of calling because hubby wasn't around to call or just didn't care.

JesterPester
February 12th, 2008, 7:10pm

If DebjDebj is the spnosor of the sweep and the email posted was the complete email and not just snips that were taken out of context to gain sympathy, my opinion is that the OP was way out of line with what was said, done and posted. From what I read, it sounds like you have posted rather negative things about the sponsor on at least two different internet forums. If you "stretched" the truth at all in your comments about the sponsor, you have potentially opened yourself up to legal action. Trashing the reputation of a business (or person) is a dangerous place to go... Walk on tip-toes and be darn careful to state the truth and the WHOLE truth when doing such a thing.

If a sweep says to call them, don't email them and complain. Actually following the rules and calling might just do the trick.

I wouldn't expect a company to honor a contestant with a prize FOUR YEARS AFTER THE CONTEST if the "potential winner" never followed the contest rules and contacted them for the prize.

My only comment towards the people offering the sweep is that I might place a future time limit for contacting the sponsor before awarding wins. If the potential winner doesn't comply within the time limit, I would remove their name from the "winners list."

To the O.P. if my take on this is correct, it sounds like you were trying to stir up anger towards the sponsor and trying to trash their business. Not a good thing to do in general. An even worse thing to do as a sweeper. It discourages sponsors from offering future sweeps.

Two thumbs down. Sorry.

To DebjDebj, if you are the sponsor, (or are here representing the sponsor) Thank you for coming here to defend yourself. In general, I personally discourage people posting the contents of emails that were not intended to be public. After selected contents of your email were posted here, you had the perfect right to come and post what you wrote. Thank you for redacting the "winner's" personally identifiable contact information.

Please be aware that this one "winner" does not represent OLS or the sweeping community as a whole. Neither do I. I am only representing my OWN opinion here.

Yes, sweepers, myself included, enter a LOT of sweepstakes from companies we may not have ever heard of before. Having you offer the sweepstakes that you have done DOES do what you want. It drives a LOT of traffic towards your site that might not have otherwise heard of you.

From personal experience, I have found many companies that I would not have otherwise known of because of my sweeping experience. I have become a customer of many of them. Sure, not all of us are going to purchase from every website we go to, but not everyone does! You can be assured that many of us here are avid internet shoppers. We don't just like to WIN stuff over the internet but we actually do BUY things too. We value the opportunity and convience to find new items and purchase them from the comfort of home. Welcome to the OLS family. Sorry your introduction was not a more friendly one. I sincerely hope that some of the people that posted earlier in this thread will come back and read the whole story (at least as we know it now) and will change their mind about you as a spnosor and online merchant.

Thanks again!

RetroBruce

:twoclap:

stockpilesrus
February 12th, 2008, 7:18pm
HUH??? NO! You are wrong - we DID contact the sponsor after winning the prize, the sponsor ignored our requests & other peoples too. The sniplet was only to show you their remarks, not for any other reason, good lord, hide behind a computer & start drama where there is none except for the part that the sponsor did not acnowlege our calls & also ignored other winners. They have since honored the GC, we'll see if the items arrive as stated previously. Last night, my family went through something pretty devasting.
Rumor starting & false judgement calls is not what we need especially with what has happened now. I don't care to talk about it, nor defend myself for asking for advice here on a sponsor that was not responding to a couple of us winners so far, 'nuff said, the heartbreak my family is going through is huge & is more important than this childishness! (with the exception of those who were trying to help, (((hugs to u)))
PS: Mark is at work, so I help make the phonecalls while he's gone, that is why I, his spouse is involved with this, for those who like to disect that as well, I am done!

retrobruce
February 12th, 2008, 7:25pm
HUH??? NO! You are wrong - we DID contact the sponsor after winning the prize, the sponsor ignored our requests & other peoples too. The sniplet was only to show you their remarks, not for any other reason, good lord, hide behind a computer & start drama where there is none except for the part that the sponsor did not acnowlege our calls & also ignored other winners. They have since honored the GC, we'll see if the items arrive as stated previously. Last night, my family went through something pretty devasting, rumor starting & false judgement calls is not what we need especially with what has happened now. I don't care to talk about it, nor defend myself for asking for advice here on a sponsor that was not responding to a couple of us winners so far, 'nuff said, the heartbreak my family is going through is huge & is more important than this childishness! (with the exception of those who were trying to help, (((hugs to u)))

Did you CALL the sponsor or just email them?
Often times the people that answer the phones and those that answer emails are NOT the same people. If the sponsor requested you to call them (and they offered a toll free number) and you did NOT call them, how is that their fault?

I am sorry for whatever heartbreak your family is experiencing, however, that has nothing to do with the comments you have made about a sponsoring agency.

All we have is a "he said, she said" situation here. Your post listed selected sentences and comments out of a much longer email. I can only assume that they were selected purposely to lean the story your direction. When reading the complete email as posted, the selected sentences you posted do not have the same meaning or effect as they did the way you posted them.

I am very sorry that you have had a hard time with your win. That doesn't mean that you should suddenly *trash* a sponsor and try to bring others to your side.

As far as childishness... I certainly hope that wasn't pointed my direction.... the same with rumor starting and false judgement calls. I was very careful in stating my opinion. Its a good thing to do. Taking things back, once said on the internet is impossible.

durberville
February 12th, 2008, 7:28pm
It's the sponsor who's been unjustly smeared. The "Drama" has been created by YOU, OP.

RetroBruce made a very fair assessment of the situation.

Janir
February 12th, 2008, 7:30pm
Denise, you have said that over & over, that you contacted them. You have also said that contact was by email. THEY ASKED FOR A PHONE CALL! You DIDN'T CALL!

I'm sorry that you're getting ganged up on now, but sheesh! Chalk it up to a learning experience & read the rules next time.

aycorn
February 12th, 2008, 7:34pm
upon reading the entire thread, including the response from the sponsor, i find it pretty skeezy that the OP intentionally misled the OLS audience.

:worry:

HUH??? NO! You are wrong - we DID contact the sponsor after winning the prize, the sponsor ignored our requests & other peoples too. The sniplet was only to show you their remarks, not for any other reason, good lord, hide behind a computer & start drama where there is none except for the part that the sponsor did not acnowlege our calls & also ignored other winners. They have since honored the GC, we'll see if the items arrive as stated previously. Last night, my family went through something pretty devasting.
Rumor starting & false judgement calls is not what we need especially with what has happened now. I don't care to talk about it, nor defend myself for asking for advice here on a sponsor that was not responding to a couple of us winners so far, 'nuff said, the heartbreak my family is going through is huge & is more important than this childishness! (with the exception of those who were trying to help, (((hugs to u)))
PS: Mark is at work, so I help make the phonecalls while he's gone, that is why I, his spouse is involved with this, for those who like to disect that as well, I am done!

aycorn
February 12th, 2008, 7:35pm
i love this guy.. he gets it right every time!:toast1:

Two thumbs down. Sorry.

Thanks again!

RetroBruce

Zagnut444
February 12th, 2008, 7:36pm
I'm glad people are reading the WHOLE thread now, I was afraid I was the only one coming to the same conclusion as retrobruce. It made me feel like I was missing something...I'm sorry OP, but a phone call 4 years ago wouldn't have led to this I don't believe.

durberville
February 12th, 2008, 7:45pm
what pisses me off (sorry, but I AM pissed off) is that this is the behaviour that gives all sweepers a bad name.

I feel like ordering a pair of 8" vinyl thigh high boots from the Sponsor to make amends. (okay, that last part was said in jest ;))

HappyHusky
February 12th, 2008, 7:52pm
the OP is obviously a freeloader and retrobruce has it right. It's people like her/him that hurt us all. she/he has done us all a great disservice.

RockysJewel
February 12th, 2008, 7:53pm
I know and have already sent the sponser an email saying not all sweepers are like this.

what pisses me off (sorry, but I AM pissed off) is that this is the behaviour that gives all sweepers a bad name.

I feel like ordering a pair of 8" vinyl thigh high boots from the Sponsor to make amends. (okay, that last part was said in jest ;))

retrobruce
February 12th, 2008, 7:56pm

I sent a PM to 12 people that had posted earlier in the thread... people that had primarily said that they would not visit the sponsor in question. I asked them to come back and read the COMPLETE thread so they would have a little bit more information and possibly would be a little less hasty in dismissing a sponsor/internet merchant.

I also sent a personal email to debjdebj (through OLS) thanking them for coming here to give their side of the story. I told them that although I could only speak for myself, I personally believed that they were treated "somewhat" unfairly and tried to put sweepers in general and OLS specifically in a bit better light.

I simply wish that the rest of the people that viewed this thread earlier would come back and see the final outcome. There are currently 5078 views for the thread. I hope not all of the people that read the thread early on still have such a negative view of the sponsor.

Thanks,

Bruce

yadgirl
February 12th, 2008, 8:01pm
Now that it's settled, this thread is closed.