PDA

View Full Version : Naurto Contest

avongifts
February 5th, 2008, 4:29pm
I got a call today, confirming my information because I was the first prize winner in the Naruto contest which is a Japanese cartoon. I am not sure where and when it was from. She said that I won a button and T-shirt. Does anyone know what sweeps this may be? I am hoping it was not a scam.

TawnyNY
February 5th, 2008, 4:55pm
Where did they call from?

pierre_p_lover
February 5th, 2008, 6:32pm
I doubt if someone would scam you saying you won a Naruto T-shirt, although you never know....I don't know where it could be from though, but I'll look

congrats anyways...I LOVE Naruto!

bbking
February 5th, 2008, 6:41pm
Hum, glad to hear someone won this. My DS wanted to win that one and since its been some time he just took it for granted he didnt win anything and gave up on it. Congrats!

Julianne530
February 5th, 2008, 6:43pm
How funny! I am always keeping my eyes open for Naruto sweeps, because my teenage daughter is smitten with Sasuke (one of the characters). I thought it was pathetic when I had a crush as a teen on Angus Young from AC/DC...but it seems difficult to imagine getting a crush on an anime character...hee hee!

jenninshelby
February 5th, 2008, 11:07pm
HYDEIST would probably know? Anyways congrats on your win.

avongifts
February 11th, 2008, 9:11pm
My kids were so loud in the background that I couldn't hear where she was calling from. I do remember seeing this contest but I am thinking maybe it was snailmail. I guess I will have to wait and see where it comes from when it arrives. My son is going to freak when he sees this. He loves the show.

RockysJewel
February 11th, 2008, 9:22pm
Did they ask for money or ss#? If not then not sure what the scam could be?

I am sure it is a real sweep. Sounds like fun stuff!

crazyhorse
February 18th, 2008, 4:22pm
I got a call today, confirming my information because I was the first prize winner in the Naruto contest which is a Japanese cartoon. I am not sure where and when it was from. She said that I won a button and T-shirt. Does anyone know what sweeps this may be? I am hoping it was not a scam.

Did they also email you with tracking info in the last few says?

I had a call from them and also received a shipping notice from Viz Naruto sweeps, I am not sure if this is 2 different wins or the same.

The email was in the spam folder: The subject was UPS tacking info: The senders email was blank

wickedjen1960
February 18th, 2008, 4:54pm
since this is the only one that I entered for Naurto. I was trying to win for my grandson, and hope that they chose winners weekly as indicated in the rules, if so you should be able to kind of figure out what week you won, but who knows they may have drawn all winners at one time. Will find out Wed, didn't mean to hijack thread, congrats on your win, my grandson would be thrilled with a Tshirt. According to the rules on this one, all require affy, again time will tell....

Results 1 - 1 of 1 for naurto

VIZ Media - Mission: Join Naruto and Squad 7 at SDCC '08! Sweepstakes premium

1x per person/email/household | home page winners list | 1 note [2 stars] link
Grand Prize: 5-day/4-night trip for two to the Comic Con convention in San Diego, CA, between July 24-28, 2008 (ARV $1,500).
Weeks 1-7 Prizes: Naruto Uncut box sets 1-4, headband, and trading card (ARV $210).
Weeks 8-9 Prizes: Naruto the Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow DVD, Naruto Uncut box sets 1-4, headband, and trading card (ARV $235).
Week 10 Prize: Naurto: Uzumaki Chronicles game, Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Heroes game, and Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 2 game (ARV $120).
Week 11 Prize: Naruto: Rise of a Ninja game, Xbox 360 system, and one limited edition exclusive Naruto skin (ARV $300).
Week 12 Prize: Naruro: Path of the Ninja game for Nintendo DS, Nintendo DS system, and limited edition exclusive Naruto Nintendo DS skin (ARV $194.97).
Week 13 Prize: Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution game for Nintendo Wii, Nintendo Wii system, and limited edition exclusive Naruto Nintendo Wii skin (ARV $334.97).

official rules archive | Open to residents of the 50 United States & D.C. 18+

expires Friday, November 2, 2007 @ 11:59pm PTStarted 8/03/07 - Submitted 9/23/07
Search Relevancy Score: 4.69
Added Sunday, October 21, 2007 @ 4:15am
Last Entry: Sunday, October 21, 2007 @ 4:15am
Total Entries: 1

denyse_g
February 18th, 2008, 5:15pm
Congrats!:highfive:

wickedjen1960
February 18th, 2008, 5:53pm
My daughter told me last week that I got a call and we won a poster. Now wondering if it was from this sweep, most likely yes. Could someone tie a link with the sweepstakes that had a poster as second prize and tshirt and chain as 1st?

crazyhorse
February 19th, 2008, 3:39pm
I have searched hi and lo for this sweep with no avail.. But still looking..

Txsweeper
February 19th, 2008, 3:53pm
I received a win today that consisted of a Naruto Youth T-shirt, a poster and three buttons. I remember receiving a phone call from a media company about this win but I still never found the sweep. The note says:
Congratulations! You are a First prize winner in the Naruto Sweepstakes
but I still could not find it under expired sweeps.

JCORNELL745
February 19th, 2008, 4:11pm
i got the email with tracking info for the viz-naturo sweeps...its gone form los angeles to north carolina from 2/14 till a couple hours ago....just got to make it to hilton head now to kill the suspense....probably a keychain or poster after all the waiting...lol

a poster just arrived

MamushiLove
February 20th, 2008, 9:27pm
Congrats to everyone who won.

I also won a Naruto poster, received it today as a second place prize.
I'm just glad that I've actually seen this movie and that I actually won something. LoL
Though I do wish that I remembered the contest.

nicolehrb
February 21st, 2008, 11:36am
I received the poster yesterday. My daughter stole it from me...lol

crazyhorse
February 21st, 2008, 2:47pm
Poster here as well :) Came in today.. Required me signing for it

karcee662
February 21st, 2008, 10:31pm
I got the poster today, but didn't have to sign for it.