PDA

View Full Version : May I suggest.....

msbabypug
February 5th, 2008, 3:51pm
Perhaps anyone who happens to have a tax refund coming, or hit's a sizeable cash win could share a bit of the wealth. I'm not suggesting you give half to your favorite charity...although not a bad idea either. I'm suggesting you green a non green member as a random act of kindness. I have done it, and had it done for me, it makes both parties happy and spreads the luv. Something this world could use much more of.
Just a thought...consider it.
Tina:cheer:

bwanas
February 5th, 2008, 4:01pm
Nice thought but you do know some of us are not green and it isn't because we can't afford to be. I say keep your tax refund its your money the gov. just borrowed it for a while, rainy days do happen.

djr58
February 5th, 2008, 4:20pm
I try to give thoughout the year - Salvation Army bell ringers, donations of items to various nonprofit thrift shops, dropping money in donation boxes at convenience stores and other places.

I have to "donate" to the IRS this year. :worry2:

deesbree
February 5th, 2008, 4:24pm
Yes my sis just started sweeping she doesn't want to go green because she says she only will be sweeping once in awhile.:thumbs:

bwanas
February 5th, 2008, 4:54pm
we are "DINKS" and always donate to to irs

Keeya
February 5th, 2008, 5:58pm
msbabypugs, that's very nice of you to suggest and also thoughtful!

I'd now be worried they might not want to be green because of what bwanas said. Are there lots out here who do NOT want to be green?

TawnyNY
February 5th, 2008, 6:03pm
There are sweepers who get a tax refund back?? I always owe because of sweeping.

Antmusic
February 5th, 2008, 6:23pm
Perhaps anyone who happens to have a tax refund coming... green a non green member as a random act of kindness....
Tina

"Green a non green member"? What does that mean? Sorry, I am new here. Could someone please educate me? Thanks! :hello:

Stanza_Rae
February 5th, 2008, 6:28pm
"Green a non green member"? What does that mean? Sorry, I am new here. Could someone please educate me? Thanks! :hello:

to make a member who doesn't have a premium membership a gift of "green" (when you are premium member your name to the left of post shows green). Premium membership has more sweeps, more features etc.

And to OP, I "green" members all year long. When ever I feel I need a good Karma boost or or get a big win or just because. Have gifted 2 in the last week and I don't get my refund til the 15th LOL but it was a good suggestion.

Antmusic
February 5th, 2008, 6:30pm
to make a member who doesn't have a premium membership a gift of "green" (when you are premium member your name to the left of post shows green).

Oh, that is cool. Thanks for the info! :thumbs:

msbabypug
February 5th, 2008, 6:40pm
Not saying everyone should do this...but if the spirit moves you, someone will be very happy and you will feel good about it. I gift when I can and I have been gifted a couple times when I really needed the pick me up in my life. Do what makes ya happy...for me, it's sharing the luv with my OLS peeps.
Tina

bomar97
February 5th, 2008, 6:42pm
There are sweepers who get a tax refund back?? I always owe because of sweeping.

There are plenty of us who don't win or don't win much more than $100 or so all together.. believe me, add up all the wins and the additional tax is only $10 or so more.

I'm waiting and hoping for that big win..

msbabypug
February 6th, 2008, 8:45pm
to all of those who shared some luv, thank you, didn't that feel good? Let's keep the luv train going!!
Tina

alyssasmommy07
February 6th, 2008, 9:08pm
the next time I go green I am going to give it to someone on here who has never had it yet I have been gifted green once by someone and won a 3 month membership so I think its someone elses turn

bearsilu
February 6th, 2008, 9:09pm
For the life of me i cant possibly think of a reason not to be green. You have to let us know why you wouldnt want to be turned green. And giving to someone else is only a positive. I dont get it , why not donate to someone else? :mad:

secular
February 6th, 2008, 10:12pm
Not if you don't win that much. :rolleyes:

Judekazooty
February 6th, 2008, 10:18pm
Panhandling isn't a random act of kindness is it?

Lorren
February 6th, 2008, 10:51pm
You know, I would love to (and I owe a green pay-it-forward when I get the chance), but my husband is still looking for a job after being out of work for 1 1/2 months, and I have about $700 worth of school books to buy for my daughter, and that comes first.

I do have green despite our own financial circumstances because it pays for itself. I've already won a $100 gift card to Chik-Fil-A (gotta buy food) and an XM Radio/mp3 player this month alone.

When my husband has a job, any overdue bills are paid, and my daughter's school books are purchased for this fall, then I'll start thinking about greening somebody. I will, but just not right now.

msbabypug
February 6th, 2008, 11:00pm
Panhandling isn't a random act of kindness is it?

I'm sorry, did I miss something? No one here is panhandling. No one asks to be gifted. I have gifted people who's names I find at random in the members list. If I choose to give something to someone for no other reason than to make them smile, that's the definition of a random act of kindness.
If I misunderstood your post, I sincerely apologize for going on a rant. This thread was started to share some luv, I hope it continues to do so.
Tina

msbabypug
February 6th, 2008, 11:04pm
You know, I would love to (and I owe a green pay-it-forward when I get the chance), but my husband is still looking for a job after being out of work for 1 1/2 months, and I have about $700 worth of school books to buy for my daughter, and that comes first.

I do have green despite our own financial circumstances because it pays for itself. I've already won a $100 gift card to Chik-Fil-A (gotta buy food) and an XM Radio/mp3 player this month alone.

When my husband has a job, any overdue bills are paid, and my daughter's school books are purchased for this fall, then I'll start thinking about greening somebody. I will, but just not right now.

Sending you all the luck I can to get you through this tough time. Posting your support for "paying it forward" is just as good as gifting someone. Anything that gives hope, spreads luv and makes people think about what they can do for one another is a beautiful thing.
Tina

wannarun
February 7th, 2008, 12:18am
Gifting like that is such a sweet idea, imho. On another board I frequent, they have something called FOM's (Fairly Odd Mother) You send gifts or cards to other members either because they are down on their luck or as a "just because." Lots of fun actually. You never know what you'll get in the mail! You have no idea how many pooping candy dispensers I've sent out! LOL! Just my personality....

mommytolili
February 7th, 2008, 1:13am
I plan on "going green" once I get word of a tax refund. :) That's my splurge. Most of it will be taken up by buying my daughter a toddler bed now that she thinks it's great fun to climb out of her crib. :D

It's a nice idea, though. If I wasn't a single Mom, I'd like to think I'd do it somewhat frequently. :) It's kind of like at the Hot Coupon World Forums - people who don't have a lot of $ can still do an "RAOK" as they call it (Random Act of Kindness), by posting coupons or actual items they have that they can't use, and finding someone who can, and just mailing it to them. :)

Antmusic
February 28th, 2008, 2:14pm
I plan on "going green" once I get word of a tax refund. :) That's my splurge...

Congrats on the Tax Return MommyToLili ! I just noticed that you are "green" now. :cheer:

Now, if my wife :loveu: and budget :twocents: will let me, I might too.

YMJ71
February 28th, 2008, 2:42pm
I hope to do this and a lot more.

clallen1971
February 28th, 2008, 2:55pm
if anyone wants to turn someone green who really wants to be green, there is a moc for "get or give" green... choose some one from that list because those folks are really wanting to be green since they are entering a moc to win it.

under members only contest in the forums...

have a great day all!

packerfan
February 28th, 2008, 3:00pm
if anyone wants to turn someone green who really wants to be green, there is a moc for "get or give" green... choose some one from that list because those folks are really wanting to be green since they are entering a moc to win it.

under members only contest in the forums...

have a great day all!

Did not know that, thanks for the heads up

deesbree
February 28th, 2008, 3:45pm
I have gifted, I think its great to gift to someone that never talks about going green then its a shocker to them when they pull thier screen up and know that they have never said anything about it and someone noticed them out of all the hundreds of sweepers here.:fairy

Kenny1954
February 28th, 2008, 3:58pm
For the life of me i cant possibly think of a reason not to be green
I'd love to be green, but my finances don't allow for that. That's pretty much my reason. Someone gifted me a 3 month premium last year, and I was very grateful. If I'm ever in a position to re-gift to someone else, it will be the first thing I do. But putting three daughters thru college doesn't leave much left over for this military family. I also think this board has some of the the most caring members I've ever seen. I'm very proud to be a member here.