PDA

View Full Version : Driver License/sweeping ???

leandrew
February 4th, 2008, 8:50pm
I was just wondering; for sweeps requiring a drivers license to enter the sweep ( All those without a vehicle as a prize), do you think they literally mean a drivers license or do you suppose any state-issued ID would work?! I mean, why do you need a drivers license to enter to win a ipod,trip to Disneyland, digital camera, etc., etc., You get my point!

Antmusic
February 5th, 2008, 11:36am
I am sure if you gave them your State issued ID #, that would be fine. It is just a way to double verify who you are. ... If you win a big prize, they will ask for your SS# too!

bbking
February 5th, 2008, 11:44am
State ID works, it worked for my mom who doesnt have a drivers license. As long as your picture, address etc is on it they told her.

Tricia316
February 5th, 2008, 11:51am
Sometimes if it is a prize of a car, or part of the prize is a rental car you need a valid drivers' license for that.

But for other types of prizes, it is just a photo form of ID with your address and birthday on it to verify it is you who really won!

Tricia

Julianne530
February 5th, 2008, 12:19pm
How interesting. I have never noticed a sweep without a car or rental of a vehicle requiring a license. I will keep my eyes open now.

I do know that on some of the motorcycle ones you have to have a license to operate a motorcycle, so I always enter my hubby on that one.

Also another thing is that many require you have a license for the state in which you are residing. Make sure you get that handled if you move so you don't get disqualified!

Blessings to all!

RockysJewel
February 5th, 2008, 12:31pm
I don't know. If it states specifically DL and you win and don't have one there is always the possiblity of them saying sorry rules say DL.

I suppose I would email and directly ask them if a state ID is Ok too that way there would be no disapointents

secular
February 5th, 2008, 12:45pm
I was just wondering; for sweeps requiring a drivers license to enter the sweep ( All those without a vehicle as a prize), do you think they literally mean a drivers license or do you suppose any state-issued ID would work?! I mean, why do you need a drivers license to enter to win a ipod,trip to Disneyland, digital camera, etc., etc., You get my point!

I'm pretty sure when the say drivers license they MEAN drivers license.