PDA

View Full Version : Eprize mistake??

patti31556
February 4th, 2008, 6:52pm
:confused:

Does anyone know of a way to contact eprize besides the phone number on the 1099?
I called and left a message and it said they would call within 3 business days. They sent my hubby a 1099 for over $6000!! and he hasn't won anything. He doesn't enter anything and I only put him in maybe 5 of the hundreds of sweeps I might be currently doing. He won a trip that we took last year and already paid taxes on, other than that he has won maybe 3 $25 prizes...it doesn't have the promotion name on the 1099 like last years win did.
Just hate waiting for them to call!!

update!
http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com/showthread.php?p=7036753#post7036753

batchicky
February 4th, 2008, 7:01pm
Sounds like maybe you won a prize, that you never got????? Missing HOF?????

Hope you find out what it was :grin3:

Full Monte Carlo
February 4th, 2008, 7:03pm
wow thats a lot of a mistake keep us posted

Nana*2*4
February 4th, 2008, 7:07pm
I know that Eprize is in Pleasent Ridge, Michigan

Nickyle
February 4th, 2008, 7:09pm

Does anyone know of a way to contact eprize besides the phone number on the 1099?
I called and left a message and it said they would call within 3 business days. They sent my hubby a 1099 for over $6000!! and he hasn't won anything. He doesn't enter anything and I only put him in maybe 5 of the hundreds of sweeps I might be currently doing. He won a trip that we took last year and already paid taxes on, other than that he has won maybe 3 $25 prizes...it doesn't have the promotion name on the 1099 like last years win did.
Just hate waiting for them to call!!!

you didn't say, did you already receive the 1099 for that trip win? is ePrize once again just late?

phone: 248-543-6800
E -Prize Llc
404 E 10 Mile Rd
Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069

They just called me last week and that is the number that showed up on my cell.

shsweeps
February 4th, 2008, 7:16pm

They have a web site; here is the contact us page. I've sent them emails in the past with great success. I've always received a reply within a reasonable amount of time.

http://eprize.com/ContactUs/WeListen.aspx?sec=1

Hope this helps and good luck!

NightElf
February 4th, 2008, 7:22pm

when you took the trip last year then your taxes are due this year, so you have to expect a 1099 for this now. Was this sponsored by eprize?

taterbug
February 4th, 2008, 7:23pm

Eprize has messed up my 1099s for the last 2 years. They taxed me for identical prizes in 2005 and 2006. I got a 1099 today for a prize I won and reported on my 2006 tax return.

I emailed them last year and they corrected the problem. I emailed them again today. Hopefully, they will fix this one too. I sent the email to:

fulfillment@eprizefulfillment.com

I don't think they have transmitted the 1099s to the IRS yet. They wait a few days just for the problems that crop up. They can just delete the erroneous 1099s. They responded to me in a couple of days last year.

secular
February 4th, 2008, 7:26pm
Here's a contact for their director of marketing: 248-543-7440

dippitydoo
February 4th, 2008, 7:37pm
I got two 1099s for $2000 each with a different account code. I won a trip that I got the cash option of $2000 for, but only that one. Dunno what the other is ...

I sent an email with a request that they look into this and provided the account codes I received the 1099s for along with my name and mailing address. Hopefully we BOTH hear back soon.

:gvibes:

patti31556
February 4th, 2008, 7:57pm
when you took the trip last year then your taxes are due this year, so you have to expect a 1099 for this now. Was this sponsored by eprize?

The last trip we won was in hubby's name, every other one has been in my name.
We had the 1099 on that one when we did 2006 taxes even though we didn't take it till May 2007, so those taxes are paid, it also had the sponsors name on it as eprize agent for 1800flowers...
This new one does not have a sponsor name on it.
I have had two big wins this year and got the 1099's for them today

gypsy
February 6th, 2008, 4:03pm
Here's an email address I just had to use to straighten out a win
fulfillment@eprizefulfillment.com

mynxdog
February 6th, 2008, 4:09pm
I have to eat my words and give praise to Eprize. A nice lady named Ashley from Eprize just called and said she is taking care of my duplicate 1099; I requested that she send me a copy of the adjusted paperwork.
For those who left messages and emailed them, I do believe they will get to you to help you.
Thanks, Eprize!

jolee62
February 6th, 2008, 4:13pm
glad it all worked out fine:bouquet:

patti31556
February 6th, 2008, 9:28pm
thanks, since they have not returned my call I have emailed them and notice in the process that account number is the same as the one from last year...except the amount is half of what they claimed last year...and neither one close to the fair market value!!

patti31556
February 7th, 2008, 2:53pm
wow fast reply..will keep a copy if IRS says they get a copy.

This message is in regards to your win in the 2006 1-800-Flowers.com Birthday On the Beach promotion. A 1099 was sent to you for the 2007 tax year last week. We ask you to please disregard the 1099 issued for 2007; this 1099 was sent in error as you already received a 1099 for 2006. We apologize for this inconvenience and assure you that we have not reported any tax information for 2007 to the IRS.

Keeya
February 8th, 2008, 9:37am
Glad to see they corrected their error!

patti31556
February 9th, 2008, 6:55pm
well maybe corrected!!:mad2:
that was in response to my email...I had left a voice mail the day before and after the email from them I got THIS email in response to the voice mail!!

Thank you for contacting us regarding the 1800Flowers.com Birthday on the Beach Sweepstakes. Your question is very important to us.

The 1099 you received is for the 1800 Flowers promotion called Birthday On the Beach, in which you won ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: Trip for winner and five (5) friends to a Sandals Resort. This trip has tax ramifications, which is what your 1099 is in regards to.

Should you need any additional clarification, or have any other questions regarding this promotion, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Thanks,
ePrize Customer Service

and still doesn't explain why one is 13,000 and one is 6,000 fyi I claimed about 8,500 for the trip.