PDA

View Full Version : Cancel Magazine subscription?

hminnesota
February 4th, 2008, 2:12pm
Does anyone know a better way to cancel without hassle? I am starting to get many bills because I am starting to enter very many sweepstakes ,sometimes don't even notice on the check box for free trials.

When I get the bill, they don't have a phone number and I have to dig the websites.

Anyone has better idea?

Thanks

tj2052
February 4th, 2008, 2:19pm
Just write "Cancel" on the bill & send it back to them.

Tarah716
Well you could send the bill back with "Cancel" written on it - but that cost you a stamp. I just find the customer service # to call and tell them I don't want it.

SweepingBeauty
I try to respond through the customer service link at the bottom of the e-mail.

It is a pain, but it is free and they will e-mail a cancellation notice back-I did this twice last week

atboiler
February 4th, 2008, 2:33pm
Google the magazine's customer service 800 number and call them. I have had to do this serveral times. It saves a stamp!

carenyllie
February 4th, 2008, 2:35pm
Just throw them away. If you don't pay, they won't send you any mags. And if they do, then you are not obligated to pay. You didn't sign anything agreeing to be sent anything. Legally, they can't do a thing. They do this all the time because they will get 1 of a few thousand who will pay and it well makes up for those who don't. It's how they do a lot of their marketing. I got Reader's Digest for 2 years and didn't ever subscribe. I never paid for it either.

hminnesota
February 4th, 2008, 3:05pm
Thanks for everyone's inputs. Life feels much better now:).

I get stressed out when I have those bills piling up!

nettester
February 4th, 2008, 5:43pm
This is happening to me this year with seventeen magazine. Hello. . . . I'm 36 years old! And no, I don't even enter their contests because I've seen in the rules that I'm too old. So I don't even know how I got subscribed. It just irritates me to no end that they send me bill after bill after bill, but SURPRISE! no phone number included that would make it easier for me to cancel the erroneous subcription! I just recycle them. I know I'm not under any legal obligation to pay for anything I didn't order.

kav
February 4th, 2008, 5:52pm
If i were you, I would just slow down a little and uncheck the free trial box. I'm sure the magazine company does not want to waste their time and money sending you something you don't want. Just try to be a little more careful when entering.