PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who doesn't care about trip wins?

mommytolili
February 4th, 2008, 2:09am
Yeah it would be nice. But I'd rather win $100 or a vacuum cleaner or that neat Family Guy set. :D I know, I'm strange, but I'd rather have "stuff" that will help me out. Stuff I won't have to buy instead of a trip that will cost me $, hehe.

Also - who else enters Sweeps for things they want to give? Oh I'm not selfless, I'm thinking of ways to cross people off my Christmas list, hehe. Family Guy set for my brother, $250 Pottery Barn Card for my SIL, flat panel TV for my Dad...etc. (No, I didn't win those. *sigh*)

Just curious. I'm also a packrat and a compulsive CVS shopper. ;)

AnnaMolly
February 4th, 2008, 2:27am
I want to travel the world but I don't enter for trips and if I'm trying to win a smaller prize I always hope I don't win the trip for a couple of reasons. One being that I could not afford the taxes, and two I am in school so the trip timing wouldn't work out.
I also enter so I can give to others. I'm trying to win my sister a laptop and an mp3 player.

mygoodcents
February 4th, 2008, 2:28am
)

I'm also a packrat and a compulsive CVS shopper. ;)

I wasn't a packrat until I started shopping at CVS !!! :)

Oh, and I don't enter very many trip wins either unless there is a cash alternative....

judyv01510
February 4th, 2008, 2:31am
Yeah it would be nice. But I'd rather win $100 or a vacuum cleaner or that neat Family Guy set. :D I know, I'm strange, but I'd rather have "stuff" that will help me out. Stuff I won't have to buy instead of a trip that will cost me $, hehe.

Also - who else enters Sweeps for things they want to give? Oh I'm not selfless, I'm thinking of ways to cross people off my Christmas list, hehe. Family Guy set for my brother, $250 Pottery Barn Card for my SIL, flat panel TV for my Dad...etc. (No, I didn't win those. *sigh*)

Me too rarely enter for trips, never for posters, dvd, cd, guitars , expensive jewelry, leased cars nor customize or tricked out cars. Don't enter creative presentations or dailys with flash, sometimes I enter one time only with flash. OK so I am fussy. But i win my fair share of worthwhile sweeps.

bbking
February 4th, 2008, 2:40am
Nope, dont enter for trips here either, couldnt take them and wouldnt want to take them away from those that can travel. I do however enter the ones that give a cash alternative. I am more geared to winning things I can use or for things someone I love would like to have or could use. Give me a new coffee pot, TV or cash....its all good. My DS wouldnt have an xbox 360 or IPod or paint ball guns etc, if it werent for my wins. So to those who want the trips I wish you much luck and want to let you know that I in no way will enter against you, unless there is a cash trade and then sorry.

Spiderella
February 4th, 2008, 2:42am
I rarely enter for trip wins. I'm usually too busy.

andiee1123
February 4th, 2008, 2:50am
I also do not enter very many trip sweeps. I am scared to death to fly so I only enter the ones close enough for me to drive. With me, DH and kids there are 5 of us and I couldn't leave my kids to go on a trip. I only enter the ones that are for 4 or more people. I'm sure I could pay the extra for 1 more person.

lilac100
February 4th, 2008, 2:58am
I enter for a few trips but not very many. I don't want to go out of the country really.

TVGirl
February 4th, 2008, 3:17am
Nope, I'm totally with ya. I do enter sometimes for trips to New York City or London, because those are places I would like to go. But I'm very selective. For the most part, I just say "no." It's been a hotly contested issue here on OLS that people enter for and then win a prize they don't want...often it's a trip. Why not save it for the people who would really want it?

I do sometimes enter for trips to LA...and I already live here!! But if those trips include shopping sprees or tickets to a cool event in town that I wouldn't get to go to otherwise, I'll take it!! (Like I would LOVE to go to the Grammys!) I'm very very selective about those things, tho. I hope that doesn't make me a bad sweeper. I believe in good karma, even in sweeping.

And yes, sometimes I do enter for things I already have, like an iPod, because I know they would make great gifts for other people. I used to enter golf-related items for my dad before he left this Earth. :love:

HYDEIST
February 4th, 2008, 3:19am
At this point in time I don't care about trips either because I have a small daughter who's in school and I'm bogged down with responsibilities at home.

But when she goes off to college, all bets are off.
I'll go everywhere my wanderlust takes me ,once the nest is empty.
And I'll totally go to Japan to stalk HYDE ,LOL.

Janir
February 4th, 2008, 3:28am
I love trip wins & have enjoyed many of them.But I too am very selective, their are many foreign countries I have zero interest in traveling to.

Kutty1101
February 4th, 2008, 3:34am
With 2 kids under the age of three.......I'll take any trip win to getaway!!! LOL

AsTheNight
February 4th, 2008, 3:59am
I enter for trips that are near family - for instance, my son lives in Japan so if it's a trip to or near Japan, I'm all over it.

I also enter for trips with activities I really enjoy but skip those that don't interest me, like the skiing or Nascar trips.

If I'm not interested in the grand prize trip but am interested in a secondary prize, I enter, but would turn down the trip if I were to win it so someone else who would enjoy it could go.

I much prefer prizes that include stuff for my home. :D

I sometimes enter for prizes that I'd give away, but I'm really selective about doing that. I'll go for it if it's something someone I'm really close to would just love to have but wouldn't buy for him/herself, because they're too busy buying and doing for eveyone else.

GLA!

CheckedOut
February 4th, 2008, 4:32am
I enter for trips that either have the cash alternative or include a decent amount of money
that will basically offset the taxes. Now, the more cash they include the less picky
I become about the destination (pay me $2500 to go to Boise, and I'm there! lol).
And I enter almost all of the big "once in a lifetime" trips for the major cruises and trips to
other countries/continents whether they include money or not.

ubuying
February 4th, 2008, 4:42am

I also Don't want trip wins, like you would rather win money or stuff needed, and definitely for presents! And boy everything lately is trips! I won a trip within the last year and turned it down! But let me explain I didn't go in to win the trip, but rather to vote for an OLS'ER! So won the trip I didn't want, But the good news is the one I voted for who wanted the trip also won! That would be Zoe I think the name is? But anyway I notice a lot of people get hammered here for entering contest and then turning down the win! Well there are a lot of reasons for people to enter and turn down a win, but there is no good reason to make them feel worst! So I wish people would stop being mean to people turning down prizes for whatever the reason!

jazzyk55
February 4th, 2008, 5:16am
At this point in time I don't care about trips either because I have a small daughter who's in school and I'm bogged down with responsibilities at home.

But when she goes off to college, all bets are off.
I'll go everywhere my wanderlust takes me ,once the nest is empty.
And I'll totally go to Japan to stalk HYDE ,LOL.

Well that should not be much of a challenge since he will be 68 by then and using a cane. :tongue:

monkeybaker
February 4th, 2008, 6:51am
I enter to win trips, but only those for travel in the US. I have no desire to visit another country until I have seem my own first. I love winning trips as I am able to leave with short notice, I love being retired! LOL

daydreamer2
February 4th, 2008, 6:58am
I ONLY enter Hawaii trip wins. :jet:

Tonysopranogirl
February 4th, 2008, 6:59am
I feel the same way I would much rather win a laptop or high tech gadget thing than a trip although I did win a trip for the family to Disney world that I am thrilled with because it will make my kids dreams come true. I can't wait until April!!:jet:
When the kids get older maybe I will feel different.

meeeee
February 4th, 2008, 6:59am
I do not enter the trips. I am in school full time so I do not have time to go on any trips. I can't take the time off my classes or my placement.

I never really entered the trips anyways I would rather win the other stuff.

The only trip I enter is disney so I can take my GD

mlminwilm
February 4th, 2008, 7:00am
Nope, I'm very much hoping for a trip win myself. :grin3:

sweepsfreak
February 4th, 2008, 7:02am
I don't enter for trips, either. I'm not much for travelling anymore. Well, it's getting thru the airports that I don't like. I used to think it was fun. Now, I think it's a PITA. I'd rather just stay home.

hawkshoe
February 4th, 2008, 7:03am
Well, I definately enter travel sweeps as I love to travel.

I also enter sweeps for prizes for others. I figure if I can make someone else happy, why not.

txhottie_86
February 4th, 2008, 7:08am
I used to not be interested in trip wins when I first started sweeping. I ended up winning one that I entered because it came with a digital camera and concert tifckets, took it, had a blast, and have been entering for trips again. Paying the taxes sucked because of all the extras included such as meeting a celebrity that there was no way to put a FMV on, so I had to claim their ARV for the taxes. I've noticed tons of trips lately, or at least that's what I seem to have in my dailies. I'd definitely rather win "stuff", but I'll take a trip I know I'd have fun on. I don't enter for Disney trips because I don't have any children and am not interested in going again myself anytime soon; (my family vacationed there a few times while I was growing up, so I feel I've already seen what I want to see there until I have children.)

Jerrysgirl
February 4th, 2008, 7:17am

I'm NOT a shopper & I don't have a clue as to what CVS is!

I enjoy winning STUFF, also! A new vacuum or dishwasher would make me so happy (the simple things, that make my life easier!)!!!!!

Not that a trip wouldn't be, but hubby's work schedule is really hard to work around & my family & friends all work so to find someone to go with me would be hard. Plus my kids aren't old enough to be left at home - while Mom & Dad go trottin' off into the sunset, LOL!!!!

My kids would love it if I could WIN a XBOX 360 or a I-POD or new BIG SCREEN TV & I would, too.

For the most part I don't enter for trips. I want to give the person who can really go on that win, to be able to "WIN" it. Not someone like me who'd have to turn the trip-down.

captainmorgan420
February 4th, 2008, 7:20am
I don't enter for trips. Maybe once in a blue moon I will see a trip I want, I might enter it, after I weigh all the options (can he get the time off? What will taxes be? Does it include cash? Do I want one of the lesser prizes, like second prize?)

Lots of times I want a second prize....but I have to really want it, because Lord help me if I win a trip because I entered for one of the other prizes right? :laugh: I have seen that syndrome all to often around here, people announce they won the trip itself when all the wanted was one of the other prizes offered, all hell breaks loose.:kitty:

abymom
February 4th, 2008, 7:28am
the main trips I see over and over are trips to Vegas...

My dh and I have Zero interest in vegas, same with Disney...

I wish they would offer more trip wins to other parts of the US.

Love to travel, love Europe, so always enter those trips...

sunrize40
February 4th, 2008, 7:49am
I skip over all sweeps awarding trips..........

pinkyaz
February 4th, 2008, 7:51am
The main reason I started doing sweeps four yrs ago was to win a trip. I've won lots of good stuff, but still no trip. It's the only way we can afford a vacation.

birdpix
February 4th, 2008, 7:58am
Love trip wins here, but am also selective in the ones I enter for. Got a once in a lifetime chance to do something really cool last summer (sail on the Mayflower II) with our first trip win, so the "experience" was the biggest part of the win but the vacation was great too... :grin3:

(It was our first real vacation since our honeymoon 9 years before!)

Marle
February 4th, 2008, 8:14am
I care about certain trip wins, as long as the ARV isn't too outrageous. Road trips are fun, so I'll enter for trips that in driving distance, and I'd love to win a volunteer trip to South America. :grin3:

I pass up a lot , like 1-2 day trips & and trip wins to Orlando. :laugh:

tangee43
February 4th, 2008, 8:21am
LOL...this is good news for me! When I am busy and can't check new sweeps for a week or more, I always go to the trip section and make sure I enter for the big vacations even if there isn't time for anything else. I have my fair share of "stuff" but my life has been simple and I'm all about new experiences now. I want to see the world!

GLTA...whatever it is that you want!

casperette
February 4th, 2008, 8:29am
I enter for trips and have been able to win 4 which I am grateful for. But they have all been within the last few years and even though I love to travel..I have been wishing I could win more of the household product kind of stuff that I may not ordinarily buy for myself but would like to have.
Besides the tax consequences on these trips does seem to eat you up after a while.

sunbenabbjoe
February 4th, 2008, 8:31am
I don't want trips because I have little ones and most trips are for just 2 people. Don't have family to watch my kids!

I enter for a ton of things and my husband thinks I am crazy. He thinks I should just be entering in big ticket items. I would love to win a new vacuum or a Wii!! It is fun when the little things show up at your house! Keeps me sweeping too!

I have given away most of everything I have won already but I am not selfless either! I still enter in all the things I want too! Plus I have kept somethings for myself.

Had a HORRIBLE month in January. So GLTA for Feb!
:toast1:

cyt
February 4th, 2008, 8:37am
I don't enter for trips unless it's a trip for a family of four so we can take our kids along, and also if the ARV isn't too large - can't afford the taxes! I do enter if there is a cash alternative. GLTA! :scoot:

jellosheriff
February 4th, 2008, 8:46am
I enter very few trip sweeps - either a family vacation or a short romantic little hop. Of course if they offer cash instead... that's the same as a cash sweep to me. :grin3:
I do enter some things for gifts, but not little stuff like t-shirts. I get enough of those to give away without trying for them.

gr8tjoy
February 4th, 2008, 8:48am
You are not alone, but I enter for every trip that appeals to me (mainly places I haven't been yet). I love to travel and want to see the world, sweeping is the perfect way to do that. Here's to all of us winning our wildest dreams come true. :toast1:

plazamama
February 4th, 2008, 8:50am
I used to LOVE the trips, but with this anti-smoking thing I've lost interest.
I'm keeping a list of states and countries and cruise lines that outlawed smoking in bars.
That's how I can tell they don't welcome smokers.

And yes, I enter for things that would make awesome gifts for someone, and even won some.

April1p
February 4th, 2008, 8:52am
Seriously, if all of you aren't entering for trips than why can't I seem to win one:frown4:??? Good luck to all in winning whatever it is your heart desires.

CHRISSY61121
February 4th, 2008, 8:54am
I won one and went it was cool. But I would rather have stuff then win trips. I figure if I win anymore, I will go, but I love to win stuff more. I dont regret going to my trip, But I rather win stuff.

sandyk
February 4th, 2008, 8:55am
Most of the trips are only for 2 people (usually adults) and during the school year, so I only enter for reasonably priced family trips for 4 that we can take during the summer.

packerfan
February 4th, 2008, 8:58am
Your not the only one from the response to your thread, but I do enter for trips. I figure even with paying the taxes, it would be less than the cost of the trip itself, like the one right now for the trip to Fiji- I have always wanted to go there and even with the ARV of 21,000.00 I doubt you could go to there with those accomadations for less than you would pay in taxes.

I do not enter for places I do not want to go- no trips to ASia, Africa, or the Middle east- just no desire. I do not enter for trips to Disney, Universal ( family trips for 4) - been there, done that, save that one for those with small kids. I will enter occasionally if I like a lesser prize. Usually do not enter for trips to NYC- live less than a hour away, unless it includes play tickets or shopping. No Nascar trips either.

Guess I am picky about the trips I enter, but I do enter for the ones I want, Now if I could only win one ! ;)

Luckypat35
February 4th, 2008, 9:02am
I like trip wins to a certain extent, a trip to NYC, Disneyworld or Disneyland, Disney Cruise or any cruise to the Caribbeas, Paris, Italy, Cabo, a nice caribbean island, Hawaii. Any trip to Asia, London, Africa, Alaska, Australia, I don't really care for, call me chicken lol, but if there is a cash alternative, I will enter those. :bump:

ninasmom
February 4th, 2008, 9:14am
I just started entering for NYC trips- I figure I can take one of my girls, but no long trips and only trips for two if they have cash! I might start entering for trips for four again, now that the boys are old enough to be left with my Mom.:scoot:

djr58
February 4th, 2008, 9:17am
I rarely enter for trip wins.
Last year I think I entered four of them and one was to Colorado where my dad lives.
So for something like that I'll enter faithfully and I just skip the others.

susan1215
February 4th, 2008, 9:25am
I don't enter for trips unless it's a trip for a family of four so we can take our kids along, and also if the ARV isn't too large - can't afford the taxes! I do enter if there is a cash alternative. GLTA! :scoot:

Ditto, for now but when my kids are gone I will be entering for those trips for 2 because there are some nice ones out there. I think that's why a lot of people here do win more than one trip because there are those who don't enter for trips a lot.

germanyj
February 4th, 2008, 9:30am
Not me. I want to see the world. I've won about 7 or 8 trips in the 6 years I've been doing this and it's great. I went on a Mediterranean Cruise last spring, I've been to Aruba, Lake Tahoe, the Pro Bowl in Hawaii ( my first win actually), a Windjammer cruise, all thanks to this great hobby of mine. You only live once and I want to see all the world has to offer.

grimmouse
February 4th, 2008, 9:34am
Love trip wins!:jet:

irishlass226
February 4th, 2008, 9:55am
My hubby picks his vaction a year in advance and with family responsibilites, I don't have a passport, etc its really a rare trip I will enter for. I enter for makeovers in NYC as I live pretty close to there and trips to California, that allow kids because my son would love to go to Legoland. He will outgrow it long before I can afford to fly out there. Occasionally a short 1 or 2 night trip here on the East Coast.

kathytracey
February 4th, 2008, 9:55am
I never enter for trips. There really isn't any place I would like to see or go. I'm a home girl I guess.:grin3:

ironbutterfly
February 4th, 2008, 9:57am
Rarely enter for trips:gvibes:

carol3023
February 4th, 2008, 10:02am
I'm not interested in trips at all. I would rather stay at home
and enter sweeps for stuff that I really want.

Jboy74
February 4th, 2008, 10:04am
I enter for some trips, I would never enter a trip for just 1 night or a trip where i have to do a meet and great. I also never enter trips where you have to provide your own transportation. The trips i enter are usually the ones that offer spending money =) The way i look at this is the fact most give a large amount of spending money say $500 or more that would cover my taxes and then all i have to furnish is the money i blow while there =) The things i sweep for most are , Cars , Homes , Cash , Computers and electronic items =) I do sweep to win things to give to other people, My biggest wins to date have been gifts for other people =) To me giving its like a double jackpot, First you have the thrill of winning the item then you have the pleasure of seeing someone you love receive something they really want =) Its a win win situation..

dovie
February 4th, 2008, 10:07am
I feel the same way I would much rather win a laptop or high tech gadget thing than a trip although I did win a trip for the family to Disney world that I am thrilled with because it will make my kids dreams come true. I can't wait until April!!:jet:
When the kids get older maybe I will feel different.

Hey we are going in April too, talk about an excited family!!! Congrats.

dovie
February 4th, 2008, 10:10am
I enter for trips we would like to take. Because of the size of my family I could always find someone wanting to go (more often it is who to take so no one feels left out). We can go on short notice and we can afford the taxes. I don't do the ones that are to places we have no interest in or that have activities we don't care about- golf for one.

sandyy456
February 4th, 2008, 11:57am
I enter for trips if it's to someplace I liked to visit. If it's an "event" trip, I only enter if I'd enjoy the event. I don't golf or ski, I don't watch Nascar. I pass on trips relating to these things.

Also, I check to see when the trip needs to be taken. Right now, all my vacation time at work is spoken for up until October. If I'd have to travel before then, I don't enter unless its a weekend trip that I wouldn't need to miss work for.

kokopelly
February 4th, 2008, 12:18pm
I have never and do not want to fly, so I only enter if they have other prizes also. kokopelly

prplrush
February 4th, 2008, 12:26pm
I don't enter for trips at all, i would never be able to leave my furbabies behind somewhere to go on a trip lol. Now i do enter the ones that have other prizes if i want one of those, and i always sit and hope that i wont win the trip lol.:eyebrow:

guan00
February 4th, 2008, 12:29pm
I enter for trips all of the time. I love trip wins. I especially enter for trips out of the country, adventure trips, and spa trips. I don't enter trips for Las Vegas-been there four times, trips to nascar events, or super bowl trips (I would love to go to the play off games, but the super bowl is too commercial) although last night's super bowl was awesome and might have been worth being there.

kav
February 4th, 2008, 12:36pm
I enter for most trips (love to travel). Not the ones however that have an outrageous ARV ($15,000+). I have no use for a trip for 8 to Vegas on a private jet.

Phylly
February 4th, 2008, 2:38pm
WOW, I am so happy to hear all of you "Master Sweepers" who don't enter for trips because that is really ALL I want, except cash of course. I have won several nice prizes (first place), but never a trip. I am still waiting.

TVGirl
February 4th, 2008, 3:28pm
WOW, I am so happy to hear all of you "Master Sweepers" who don't enter for trips because that is really ALL I want, except cash of course. I have won several nice prizes (first place), but never a trip. I am still waiting.

May the force be with you!

TVGirl
February 4th, 2008, 3:31pm
I used to LOVE the trips, but with this anti-smoking thing I've lost interest.
I'm keeping a list of states and countries and cruise lines that outlawed smoking in bars.
That's how I can tell they don't welcome smokers.

And yes, I enter for things that would make awesome gifts for someone, and even won some.

That's funny...because that's how I pick places I *want* to go! :grin3:
Only kidding...
I've often wondered seriously how a smoker can stand to be on a cross-country flight. Must be nerve-wracking.

Honestly, if there were states/bars/countries that didn't allow drinking Coke, I wouldn't want to go to them either. All that sugar/caffeine/carbonation actually relaxes me. (I'm a freak-o that way.)
Everyone has their vice!!

husseeeeee
February 4th, 2008, 3:42pm
I enter all trips that I can - i want to go on vacation this year at least once and figure even if transportation isn't included - somebody else paying for the hotel and meals and fun stuff to do cuts my cost down to airfare - or better yet - the trips that include the airfare

i hope i win one!

i've never won a big prize - but i keep going anyway!

ktgonyea
February 4th, 2008, 3:43pm
I typically don't enter for trips either, unless they are to somewhere like Florida so I can combine the trip with a visit to my in-laws. Other than that, who has the time to travel?? I know I don't.

Suzy
February 4th, 2008, 3:44pm
I thought I didn't really want trip wins...that is, until I won my first trip from a sweep I was trying for a smaller prize on. It was SO much fun that now I enter for every trip I could possibly take! :scoot:

Luvs2Win
February 4th, 2008, 4:03pm
I won 2 last year, and it's glad to know my "odds" around here at OLS just got better! LOL!

One from Lifetime TV to Charleston, SC (we live in NC) and since we're only 5hrs aways instead of plane tickets, they paid for a rental car!

Then we won from Monster Energy, a trip to California! A dream place for me to visit since I was teeny-tiny!

DH wasn't exactly thrilled to go to CA, because of "flying", he had never flown before and was very nervous!

But as soon as the plane took off, he was fine, lol, and we both had a great time!!

He's already talking about our "next" trip and how he would never DRIVE if he could FLY...LOL!! :jet:

It took him 37yrs before getting on a plane and can't believe how easy it was to do!

I am not picky about what I enter for, I have a big family including 3 kids, and they love getting SURPRIZES!!

mscoresby18
February 4th, 2008, 4:17pm
I have won a trip and we enjoyed it, but I only enter for trips that fit well into our schedule or allow us to visit the kids or whatever. I really appreciate the wins that make our budget a little less tight--cash, gift cards, or practical items I would have to buy anyway.

smokejoe
February 4th, 2008, 7:13pm
I have won two trips..Hawaii and New York City...Both were fabulous!!! Would love to go back.
The last few years I have been trying to win a NASCAR trip. I'm not a big fan, but think it would be fun to see a race live.
Not really interested in going to any foreign countries. Us Americans do not seem to be very popular anymore.

joannak
February 4th, 2008, 7:22pm
I don't enter most trip sweeps just because who knows what the future holds and I'd hate to say no to a trip because of something I can't get out of. I do enter a few but those are cruises and I only do it cause my hubby wants to take me on one.

nesta67
February 4th, 2008, 7:26pm
I am THRILLED to hear that so many people don't enter trip sweeps. Trips is near the top of the list for things I would like to win. I love to travel anywhere and working for myself I'm able to go at just about any time. I even enter for lots of trips with no transportation because if they'll put me up in a nice hotel with lots of extras, I'll pay to get myself there!

Alimar
February 4th, 2008, 7:26pm
I'd love to go on a trip, but with a baby and 2 other kids and no one to watch them while we're gone, I would have no use for most trips for 2. So I avoid whole sweeps that have a trip for 2 as the grand prize, even if I want the lesser prizes...I'd feel bad turning one down!

I currently enter for trips for 4 if the travel companions can be under 18 and it's somewhere we'd want to go, but with 3 kids I'm only doing that because my baby is currently under 2 so he doesn't necessitate an extra plane ticket or hotel room. Once he's old enough to need his own plane ticket, etc., I think I will have to stop entering for all of those. :(

I would actually love to win a trip because I think it's the only way I could ever afford to travel! But most won't work for us anyway. I definitely enter for all trips for 4 to California because my brother lives there and we can never afford to travel to visit him, and he can never afford to come here. He has never met my 7-year-old, much less my baby! So I'm always hoping for a trip to see him.

As my baby gets older, I may start entering for more trips for 2, assuming I could take my mom or a friend or something instead of my husband, but while he was under 1 year old, I wasn't willing to leave him overnight.

Oh, and I don't really enter for stuff I don't want myself, like just stuff to give away as gifts. I can barely get through my own sweeps regularly and rarely have time to go through and look at all the new ones, so if I can enter just the ones for my immediate family, I'm doing well!

pactisme
February 4th, 2008, 7:36pm
I feel the same way. It is very difficult for my husband and I to travel so I would rather win money or household items also.

scooter777
February 4th, 2008, 7:41pm
Trip wins are great if you have money already. I'm po folk and can't afford the taxes. Who do these sponsors think are entering these contests anyway. Some don't even give you spending money once you get there.

NO MORE TRIP SWEEPS! :) although.....I do want to get married in Hawaii:jet:

brenske
February 4th, 2008, 7:41pm
Walgreens is even more fun than CVS, at least for seasonal things....I only enter trips that I would really really want to go on, or could take our entire family.....$200.00 gift card for your SIL? wow,

mamacita11
February 4th, 2008, 7:43pm
I like having something to work towards and look forward to which is why I enter for trips. It is also why I am not married yet, what is there to look forward to after that, really.

ringois
February 4th, 2008, 7:54pm
I very seldom enter for trips either, just sometimes

cmra1
February 4th, 2008, 8:05pm
I try for trips, but I make sure that the value isn't outrageous. If it is a fair value, winning a nice trip is worth 30% of the value in taxes. May get to go someplace you would not have picked to go and find some amazing things.

deyates66
February 4th, 2008, 8:13pm
I'm the same way - I don't enter for many trips. I probably couldn't take the critters and they're too spoiled for a sitter, LOL! If I see something that I know would be great for friend/family, I'll enter. That would be a great way to take care of b'days & Christmas. Of course, if I ever win anything I'll be so excited I'll probably keep it no matter what it is! :cheer3:

Psyche34
February 4th, 2008, 11:51pm
Same here as many others: pet needing meds, taxes prohibitive but would still pay them for a trip I really wanted, hard to take off work which makes short notice trips out of the question. It's been said over and over but I wish more sponsors would offer alternatives for the trips. But I understand that advertising a lavish trip is much more attention grabbing.

pierre_p_lover
February 5th, 2008, 12:02am
I do not want to win a trip either. If I enter a sweepstakes that offers a trip, it's only because I want one of the smaller prizes. I always think about if I'd win the trip instead, what would I do? I'd ask the sponser if I could get a smaller prize instead...LOL. My favorite sweeps are DVDs and CDs so I enter that mostly. Many people consider DVDs and CDs "small" wins...I consider them AWESOME wins...LOL.

onevint
February 5th, 2008, 12:03am
I feel you on this. I don't care, don't want one, don't want to go. It never fails to amaze me how some people do more work to go on vacation than they do going to work. I also don't see the logic in paying 20% of the cost of a trip in taxes to go somewere I don't want to be.

chellebyerly
February 5th, 2008, 12:26am
I dont enter for trips, with our schedule I cant go. I have entered some vegas trips, but only ones I really feel we could do, or hunting trips.
I also only enter for stuff that I really want. Things i cant buy myself. (which is alot! LOL) sometimes I enter for something a family member would want.

I fiqure I need all the karma I can get and dont want to be selfish :)

mcnaney
February 5th, 2008, 12:27am
I dont bother either - it has to be something I realllly want.

RockysJewel
February 5th, 2008, 12:33am
I don't care much about having stuff. I want to to every trip possible. LOVE travelling and is my choice for how I spend my money instead of things for the house. HAve everything I need so gimme the trips !!!

Texxy
February 5th, 2008, 12:43am
Pass Your Trip Wins To Me If You Do Win A Trip!!!!!!!!!!!! I Want To Travel And Would Love Love Love To Win Most Any Trip!!! Keep Me In Mind Just In Case!!!!!!!!!

RockysJewel
February 5th, 2008, 12:49am
Exactly what I do ! Always, always do International then domestic trips then if there is time other sweeps !

LOL...this is good news for me! When I am busy and can't check new sweeps for a week or more, I always go to the trip section and make sure I enter for the big vacations even if there isn't time for anything else. I have my fair share of "stuff" but my life has been simple and I'm all about new experiences now. I want to see the world!

GLTA...whatever it is that you want!

tupik3702
February 5th, 2008, 12:58am
As for me, my bags stay packed...just in case.:jet::cruise::captain::bike:

sascha_b
February 5th, 2008, 1:07am
I try for trips, but I make sure that the value isn't outrageous. If it is a fair value, winning a nice trip is worth 30% of the value in taxes. May get to go someplace you would not have picked to go and find some amazing things.

My sentiments exactly!:thumbs:

pambanter
February 5th, 2008, 1:19am
As for me, my bags stay packed...just in case.:jet::cruise::captain::bike:

Oh yeah. I have luggage, will travel...not to exceed 11K per year! In fact, one of my New Year's resolutions is to get my passport this year.

shortman
February 5th, 2008, 1:24am
i don't enter contests for trips either... i don't have the time to travel anywhere !

GeekBearingGifts
February 5th, 2008, 1:29am
I enter for many kinds of prizes, but I've stopped entering for most trips. DH and I both love to travel, but he had a major medical crisis in October which used up all his sick leave and vacation time. My very elderly grandmother is sinking, so I am entering sweeps for airline tickets, train tickets, etc. DH and I have agreed that I'll go visit her alone if we can find a way.

Because of DH's job, we will be able to take an anniversary cruise later this year for almost nothing (assuming he doesn't have any more medical problems.) Unfortunately, the company doesn't use the port near Granny, so I can't use our benefits to visit her. I won't be entering sweeps for other trips till after the cruise. Even then I'll probably skip any that won't let me visit Granny.

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven...

lifesfun
February 5th, 2008, 1:31am
I want to win a vacation. I need one. :goofy:

HYDEIST
February 5th, 2008, 1:43am
No, Jazzy. HYDE will be 46 by the time I can travel freely around the world to stalk him.
By then my kid should be in college and I'll be free as the wind to stalk foreign hotties.

46 is still a delicious, sexy stalk-able age. Well that should not be much of a challenge since he will be 68 by then and using a cane. :tongue:

lifesfun
February 5th, 2008, 2:39am
No, Jazzy. HYDE will be 46 by the time I can travel freely around the world to stalk him.
By then my kid should be in college and I'll be free as the wind to stalk foreign hotties.

46 is still a delicious, sexy stalk-able age.

You've really thought this through haven't you. :grin3:

babycull
February 5th, 2008, 2:51am
I have been on a few really great trips that I would never have gotten to do otherwise. For instance, we won a trip to be part of the pit-crew with Kleenex and Winn-Dixie, at a Nascar race in South Carolina and even though I wasn't a big Nascar fan at the time, I realized the exclusivity of being able to be down in the pits where all the action was. We are slot players and we found some Casino boats in Myrtle Beach to take cruises on and we had a blast. It was over St. Patrick's day so they were all having parties on the boats. My husband was not excited to go on this trip but when we got back, he said it was one of the best times he'd ever had. I've gone to the MTV Awards in LA and sat right behind Whoopie Goldberg and even got to go to an after-party where some of the music stars were. That was a long time ago. Also went on a Sheryl Crow Fly-Away trip to LA back when she was just getting famous. She had about three really recognizable hits at that time but it was a great time and of course, we got the Universal Studios passes, too. This wouldn't appeal to anyone from CA, but for a gal from Ohio, that's a great place for vacation. In all my trip wins, I still have never won a Florida/Disney trip, even though I've entered countless sweeps for them. I think that's strange.

I've flown to Ocho Rios, Jamaica and Paradise Island in the Bahamas and they were all such wonderful trips and I'm so glad I didn't pass them up! Another great trip was the first big win that kicked off my national sweepstakes obsession. It was a a cruise to Hawaii and the French Polynesian Islands, (Bora Bora, Moorea, Tahiti). It was from Maybelline and it was an unbelievable 12-night, all-expenses paid trip. They even paid for spa treatments and the tips for our waiters and room attendants. I will probably never go on one like that again, (we're too cheap to pay out that much money for a trip) so I'm thankful to have gotten to do it once. I also have a fear of flying so that's always an issue. I wish we could just beam ourselves over to whereever it is we want to travel. I would go everywhere.

I hope to someday win a trip to Italy. I got close last year. I won one of the (25) $100 first prize gift cards to Olive Garden...Maybe someday. For Italy, I'd forget my fears.

We have a trip to an exclusive place called "Las Alamandas" which we have to book here rather soon or lose it and yes, I am agonizing a bit about the flight there as well. The flight is the only part that bothers me.

So in answer to this question, I do usually only enter the sweeps for the trips that I would actually want to take. For some reason, London doesn't appeal to me, except that part about the Crown Jewels.

Good Luck all!:jet:

theladyluck
February 5th, 2008, 3:52am
I used to enter more for trips than anything else. But now that I have celiac disease and get very sick when I eat anything containing gluten, it's difficult for me to find places to eat. So we can't travel any more except to the few places we go regularly, and where I know where I can go to eat and what I can eat there. So I don't enter for trips very often at all any more.

babycull
February 5th, 2008, 4:41am
I feel for you. It's hard to stay on a diet :spam: of any kind, especially if you are not eating at home.

I think, no matter how great the prize is, almost everyone would rather have the cash if they are offered that. Maybe it's a good thing they don't always give a cash alternative...I'd probably never have gone on most of my vacations, :laugh:

Hope you win what you are wanting most.

Good luck!

autumnj
February 5th, 2008, 5:02am
I wouldn't want to win anything exotic, I would a local trip win. Somewhere within driving distance. Haven't been on a plane since July 2001 and do not plan to fly ever again.

TeaAddict
February 5th, 2008, 5:51am
I don't ever enter the sweepstakes for trips. I rather be at home.

jenninshelby
February 5th, 2008, 10:52pm
I enter for some but am very selective about the ones I do enter.. :thumbs:

time2travel
February 5th, 2008, 11:15pm
I enter for some but am very selective about the ones I do enter.. :thumbs:

Same here. We love to travel. I enter for Europe, mostly, and sometimes New York or Hawaii. I've been hoping for a 4-person trip so we can take the kids without having to pay for extra tickets. There are a few destinations I'm not interested in, and I also avoid the ones that seem to have extra-inflated values. I don't mind paying the taxes, but I don't want to OVERpay!

Scooterino
February 5th, 2008, 11:18pm
Besides cash and cars, trip wins are my most wanted! I love to travel and can't as often as I'd like due to finances, so winning a trip is almost like a double win for me!:wink4:

tabbycat917
February 5th, 2008, 11:19pm
I've been selective about trip wins, if they're local, (southern ca), or to miami fl, my hometown; haven't been there in 20 years