PDA

View Full Version : Extending the TIME of a Trip Win?

Jacklyn
February 3rd, 2008, 5:53pm
I re-evaluated my sweep choices recently and stopped entering the 2-3 night trip sweeps. I know me, and I need some recovery time after a long flight. But I came across a 4 nights in Europe today and decided to enter. (I really want to take my son to Europe when he graduates.)

My thinking is, if a sweep paid for the flight and four nights, I could spring for a few more nights in hotels and still have a great prize. Has anyone ever done this with a trip win? Will sponsors work with you on flight dates to allow for this?:jet:

hope2910
February 3rd, 2008, 6:04pm
I have won 4 trips and I have extended the trips every time for an additional 2 to 4 days with no problems.

tupik3702
February 3rd, 2008, 6:07pm
:highfive:

JH33194
February 3rd, 2008, 6:11pm
Most JA's turn the trip over to a travel agent who will have no problem at all with you adding a few days, at your own expense, of course. Good Luck!!

willows00
February 3rd, 2008, 6:19pm
Most JA's turn the trip over to a travel agent who will have no problem at all with you adding a few days, at your own expense, of course. Good Luck!!

yah what she said. wasn't a problem, just paid for the extra day.

Jacklyn
February 3rd, 2008, 6:20pm
Good news from everyone! Thanks!:highfive:

Tweaka
February 3rd, 2008, 6:26pm
In my limited experience you are asked what days you would like to stay. From what I understand you're on your own as far as when you come back and changing your tickets. We took my son on a trip that was for two. We communicated with the airline and everything. There wasn't an issue.

That was my plan for a trip overseas when we win one. My plan was to use the sweeps tickets to get over there then extend them for a month (the max). We would spend time in whatever city the sweep was from and then buy our own tickets to fly to Turkey to visit his family. Then connect back through the sweeps city and return home.

:jet: So.. Houston - *Paris*- Istanbul- *Paris*- Houston

It would take of about 2500 from the trip.. nothing to sneeze at

sylmar
February 3rd, 2008, 6:27pm
Thanks for all the answers. I hesitated to enter short trips where one spends more time in the airplane than at the destination.