PDA

View Full Version : DHL & Eprize

FaithHopeJoy
February 1st, 2008, 7:19pm
I have been getting so frustrated lately with the thought that I have been entering for years and still no big win. I look out my window everyday while entering contests, dreaming of FedEX, UPS or DHL delivering that coveted overnight express envelope. And everyday they just drive on past. Well this morning my moment finally came. DHL drove into my driveway and got out with a express envelope, he came up to my door. I threw open the door and took it from him. It was addressed to me and was from Eprize!!!!

I started hyperventilating, my son came running over asking me if I was OK, I told him this is from eprize and it is an envelope. I felt all over the envelope, only papers inside. Oh,,,,, This has to be it.... the big win.... the affy to mail back!!!

I ripped it open and peered inside, there was just one piece of paper, I yanked it out,, breathlessly my eyes searched the page to find out what amazing prize or fabulous trip I had won. All the sudden my heart dropped, it wasn't a letter after all, it was a return address label! The label Eprize was sending me to return a prize that was mistakenly mailed to me! :sob:

Does it get any worse than that??!! Not only is it not a prize, it is so I can return a prize!:goofy3:

I have to admit I was so crushed I went and laid down for awhile to take a snooze, I could not face the computer until now. LOL

SASE
February 1st, 2008, 8:18pm
Oh no! I would be so bummed too! :cry: Here's some fairy dust & good luck for you, a nice win will come your way soon :fairy4::fairy3:

rlgrady
February 1st, 2008, 8:31pm
That really bites!!! I know the feeling of being disappointed. That really was a tease, though!!!!! I hope you have a really nice win soon. :fairy2:

jenniferceline
February 1st, 2008, 8:34pm
Oh no!!! Is it a big prize that they want you to mail back? That's awful!

jolee62
February 1st, 2008, 8:38pm
:shocked2:

cmestrada
February 1st, 2008, 8:41pm
I can't believe they would want/expect you to mail back a prize. That's ridiculous. I hope you win something big really soon.

scooter777
February 1st, 2008, 9:06pm
Terribly sorry to hear. Here is some fairy dust to help you win big big big!!!!!!!:fairy4:

Tandan
February 1st, 2008, 9:16pm
Have to wonder if they can blackmark you from future contests if you don't return the prize. Sorry.

tabbycat917
February 1st, 2008, 9:32pm
I'm so sorry,
I would be crushed. I can't believe they want you to return a prize though. that's so mean.

Christel
February 1st, 2008, 9:37pm
Oh that is so bad!!! I am so sorry-hopefully it wasa prize you didn't really want?

plazamama
February 1st, 2008, 9:41pm
Horrible!!!

TNrina
February 1st, 2008, 9:42pm
Am I understanding this right..... You don't have a/the prize?

The mistakenly just sent you a label? Do you even have the prize(yet) that they want you to send back? What was/is the prize?

How disappointing!

Or do I just need more coffee?:coffee:

sharonseneker
February 1st, 2008, 9:44pm
:bee:Hi! I SO Understand! My sweeping has been like that! I am wishing for the best for both of us! Thinking of you...Sharon TN:bee:

LuckyThirteen
February 1st, 2008, 9:48pm
Sorry to hear about that, but thanks! I say "thanks" because my DW (Justwin) hasn't laughed this hard in a long time. She was laughing so hard her face was as red as a tomato. When I asked what was so funny, she started reading your story. It took her 5 minutes and a dozen restarts to finally get through it. I said "Oh, that's terrible. Why are you laughing?" She tried several times to respond, then finally managed to get out "I could see me doing that!" before she fell over histerical. Then I got tickled.

So, I say again, sorry for your negative win. Take solitude in the fact you added about 3 months to my DW's life through the gift of laughter.

April1p
February 1st, 2008, 9:52pm
OMG, I feel so bad for you, but your story was so well written and funny. The build-up was awesome. Again I do truly feel bad for you and hope you win something huge soon!!!!

bobabuu
February 1st, 2008, 10:10pm
Omg nooo!!! That's soo horrible. :shocked2:

CHRISSY61121
February 1st, 2008, 10:35pm
I feel for you. So sorry that happened. I hope you get a big one soon. :fairy4:

FaithHopeJoy
February 1st, 2008, 10:42pm
Thanks everyone - the prize was a mistake they made by sending me the same prize twice. I would have loved to keep it , but I knew I would feel bad if I did not contact them about it. I was hoping they would let me keep it, but oh well! :)

FaithHopeJoy
February 1st, 2008, 10:50pm
Sorry to hear about that, but thanks! I say "thanks" because my DW (Justwin) hasn't laughed this hard in a long time. She was laughing so hard her face was as red as a tomato. When I asked what was so funny, she started reading your story. It took her 5 minutes and a dozen restarts to finally get through it. I said "Oh, that's terrible. Why are you laughing?" She tried several times to respond, then finally managed to get out "I could see me doing that!" before she fell over histerical. Then I got tickled.

So, I say again, sorry for your negative win. Take solitude in the fact you added about 3 months to my DW's life through the gift of laughter.

It makes the suffering all worth it! :)

Roseannk_99
February 1st, 2008, 10:57pm
I would complain to them. Show them how disappointed you were and maybe good customer service will send something else to you. They should after all. :rolleyes2

fastfreddie1959
February 1st, 2008, 11:29pm
Kinda funny cause i got one from them yesterday in regular postal mail.
Funny thing is i really don't enter eprize sweeps.
Just curious.

FaithHopeJoy
February 1st, 2008, 11:54pm
No it was the New Balance Postive Energy instant win. It was a box with $25 Itunes card, back pack, watch, socks, etc. I received my win, but the next week I got it again.

I just have to learn to keep my self calm until AFTER I read what is in the envelope! Impossible I know LOL