PDA

View Full Version : For those who've won trip prizes to own city...

msheathere
February 1st, 2008, 5:35pm
Just curious....

Has anyone won any prize vacation packages to their own city, (I mean for those who live in big cities like; L.A., NYC, Miami, etc.)? How has company dealt with airline tickets? Do they typically give credit on airline? Or is it just forfitted.

I'm wondering if that changes the ARV for tax reasons too?

THX!

alycep06
February 1st, 2008, 5:40pm
Both times that it happened to me-won 2 trips to NYC about 50 miles away-they just took the value of the airfare off the taxable value

its_inevitable
February 1st, 2008, 6:05pm
The rules usually say if winner lives within driving distance (usually 150 miles or so) then they will provide ground transportation in lieu of air travel and no further compensation will be provided. Ultimately it depends on the sweep.

carolpie
February 1st, 2008, 6:14pm
Trip win to LA and got limo to event instead. Yes, costs much less.

MeLike2Travel
February 1st, 2008, 7:24pm
I used to live just south of San Francisco and won a trip there. They gave me a check for $250 to pay for gas and parking, instead of giving me airplane tickets. I was very happy!

baroness-1
February 1st, 2008, 7:38pm
I won a trip to my own city. They sent me two American airline vouchers that I can use for the 48 us states or Canada. I have to use the tickets before November 2008.

So it depends on the sponsor.

:eyebrow:

caseycupcake
February 1st, 2008, 7:39pm
When I won the trip to NYC, they paid for the train tickets (instead of flying). It's only 2.5 hours by train. Quicker, easier and cheaper. They just adjusted the ARV.