PDA

View Full Version : No 1099 Tax Form

NHGrits
February 1st, 2008, 3:40pm
If you don't recieve a 1099 (or whatever the form is) for a win that was over $1000, how do you claim it? I want to claim it to ensure it doesn't come back to haunt me.

NetworkSweeper
February 1st, 2008, 3:47pm
If you don't recieve a 1099 (or whatever the form is) for a win that was over $1000, how do you claim it? I want to claim it to ensure it doesn't come back to haunt me.

They only are supposed to mail it by 31 January. You should see one in the next few weeks. If not, contact the company and request it. If they don't send one, keep a copy of the letter and go ahead and claim based on the FMV. Consult a tax professional or software to make sure you do it right.

NHGrits
February 1st, 2008, 3:52pm
They only are supposed to mail it by 31 January. You should see one in the next few weeks. If not, contact the company and request it. If they don't send one, keep a copy of the letter and go ahead and claim based on the FMV. Consult a tax professional or software to make sure you do it right.

Okay, thanks. I won't be filing until late February early March so I'll get it a chance and then write the letter.

Thanks!!!!