PDA

View Full Version : Co-worker a liar?

stinkmow2000
January 30th, 2008, 4:20am
I have this co-worker and he claims to win on-line contests all the time. A trip to Hawai, Fred claus giving away, always something. Then he says he only spends like 20 minutes a day doing contests.
THis week he said he won $600 from allstate. Get a quote ,win a prize. I tried to check it out, but can't find a contest, present or expired from allstate.
I think he is full of it. Or maybe, just maybe , I might be jealous. Ihave been spending around 2 hours aday doing this. Green, shazam, pixie dust and in the last 3 months I won:
7 blockbuster popcorns,time warner notebook, a mitt to wash your car and a bigfoot bobblehead.
What do you guys Think? Maybe if i won a big prize I would shut up. Or maybe i can't understand how some people win so much and other people say That they been spending hours a day for years and all they won was... two baseball hats and a tee shirt.

Jim:frown3:

shoppinqueen
January 30th, 2008, 5:36am
I used to have co-workers like you...till I started sharing goodies with them:)

what he MIGHT be doing is under estimating how much time he spends doing this, I find I do best when I'm entering at least 400 sweeps a day consistantly.

I got up early to do my dailies before work so I can make another pass thru the 1/31 expiring later tonight.I started at 3am and finshed around 5:30am...this includes going thru my email,doing a couple of brief survey's and making/drinking coffee. I find when I stay out of the forums I'm more productive in my sweeping.

kelmist
January 30th, 2008, 5:45am
I sometimes will not admit to how much time I really spend entering sweeps. SOME people do not understand and feel that it is a terrible waste of time. It may be that it is easier for him to admit to "goofing off" (WE know that it is not goofing off..... ) for 20 minutes rather that tell people that he spends HOURS a day entering sweeps.

auctions
January 30th, 2008, 5:48am
It's possible he is winning. After all, I have seen many cases where OLSers are accused of making up wins but of course they did win.
However, when I won a trip to Mexico a co-worker of mine said- "I get those emails all the time that I won a trip, I don't bother to respond". I didn't even bother to reply. For one thing, it wasn't an email, it was a call and I certainly know when I won something and when I am getting some sort of spam winning email. She was jelous.
I would have to say, If I personaly knew someone who was sweeping right now and on a good streak, I would be green with envy becuase I feel icky that I don't have a trip win. I have spent virtually 3 years with a trip win in the works at all times. Not now.
Hang in there, don't give your co-worker another thought. Winning is hard and just a few good ones a year is great.
You will win, you will win....
jenn

JH33194
January 30th, 2008, 5:49am
Is he married? Maybe HE spends 20 minutes a day but his wife spends much more time. Who knows what the scenario is. Does he lie about other stuff?

jackie241
January 30th, 2008, 6:30am
It could be that he has been entering for a LONG time and over that time he has won many wonderful prizes.As far as you go,just keep entering what you can and as hard as it is be patient....the wins will come if you keep at it.

Allstate has sponsored some really nice sweeps so it is entirely possible that he is telling you the truth.It is not unusual to have people sceptical over other people's wins until they start winning themselves.Good Luck to you!!!

:fairy4::gvibes::fairy4:

Jessica25
January 30th, 2008, 6:44am
He might spend 20 minutes per day, but he may have been entering for many years. I've won many trips, cash, etc. because of how long I have been doing it. Does it sound like he is lying because he acted like this was all recently?

Either way, even when someone lies to me, they are the ones with issues, I just smile and tell them "That's Great!"

Scibba
January 30th, 2008, 6:49am
When someone said they won, I never doubt it -- I know people don't believe I win all the things I say I do, but I don't feel I have to 'prove' myself.

stinkmow2000
February 2nd, 2008, 2:04pm
The more i talk to the guy, the more i think he is full of it. With tax time coming around, he's telling everyone that he has won around 40k worth of last year.

tawnjun
February 2nd, 2008, 2:19pm
Have to keep your head up with sweeping. If you start getting down, take a break. Come back and don't expect anything. Wins are sweeter that way. Yes, I win quite a bit. Small things. Coupla big things. I won the Fred Claus instant myself. It was a small win. It does matter how much time you spend. I also know not EVERYBODY has the same luck. Wins are better for me between 12:00 a.m. and 4:00 a.m. Try changing up your time maybe.

P.S. (There are lots of OLSERS who have won 40K and more. Check out HOF list).

SillyLilly
February 2nd, 2008, 2:28pm
The more i talk to the guy, the more i think he is full of it. With tax time coming around, he's telling everyone that he has won around 40k worth of last year.

There are people who lie about such things. Maybe he's just pulling your chain? Who started sweeping first, you or him, and who brought the subject up first?

And is he saying how much taxes he owes on his $40K in wins? If he says nothing or very little, I'd suggest to him he might want to zip it before someone (not me, of course!) reports him to the IRS.

yadgirl
February 2nd, 2008, 2:43pm
It only takes one. It does not have to be a daily hobby.

TawnyNY
February 2nd, 2008, 2:51pm
I have this co-worker and he claims to win on-line contests all the time. A trip to Hawai, Fred claus giving away, always something. Then he says he only spends like 20 minutes a day doing contests.
THis week he said he won $600 from allstate. Get a quote ,win a prize. I tried to check it out, but can't find a contest, present or expired from allstate.
I think he is full of it. Or maybe, just maybe , I might be jealous. Ihave been spending around 2 hours aday doing this. Green, shazam, pixie dust and in the last 3 months I won:
7 blockbuster popcorns,time warner notebook, a mitt to wash your car and a bigfoot bobblehead.
What do you guys Think? Maybe if i won a big prize I would shut up. Or maybe i can't understand how some people win so much and other people say That they been spending hours a day for years and all they won was... two baseball hats and a tee shirt.

Jim:frown3:

Many sweepers, including myself, win like this all the time. Are you saying he's a liar because of the 20 minute entry time or that he won any of these at all?

Could be he's jacking you about the entry time, but probably telling the truth on his wins.

Nubbs820
February 2nd, 2008, 4:22pm
It only takes one. It does not have to be a daily hobby.

Yep, my brother won a trip to the Dickie's 500 a couple years ago on the first sweep he ever entered :mad3: He tried it after that and said it's too much time and too much of a headache.. he'll enter when he gets some extra time.. lol.

DeVor
February 2nd, 2008, 4:38pm
My brother is one of those guys that have a "silver cloud" over his head. Wins anything he enters... I don't tell him about this site... :laugh:

bkang
February 2nd, 2008, 4:53pm
I love to win anything and enter when I can (not as often as I use to) but I have seen many people on here who win tons of things and several trips i none year, honestly I have only ever won airline tickets and that was from a radio station, I'm still waiting to win a trip! I must admit I feel slightly jealous when I see "I"ve won my 2x trip or 2 trips today" but then I smile for them. :)

stinkmow2000
February 4th, 2008, 3:17am
I quess he could be telling the truth. The more i read the forums and see what some people are winning, I guess anthing is possible.
I just don't understand it.

pambanter
February 4th, 2008, 3:39am
Well, I win alot. Not 40K alot, but alot.

robsterclaw
February 4th, 2008, 3:59am
my coworkers think I win everything and win all the time. I'm just the opposite of your coworker. I let people know I don't win nearly as much as I wish, and spend a lot of time. I have our HR do my affies so it gets around that I have a 20% chance to win a car at Daytona. They are all so certain I'll win because I'm lucky. Yes I'm lucky, but I also put in long hours sweeping. I can't see bragging to everyone about everything I win. I will say I hope my coworkers are correct this time :)

willows00
February 4th, 2008, 5:14am
When someone said they won, I never doubt it -- I know people don't believe I win all the things I say I do, but I don't feel I have to 'prove' myself.

exactly. i only really talk about my big wins but people ask me stuff all the time, oh where did you get that cute mug? um, i won it. where did you get that cute purse? um, i won it. that's a cute tshirt, where'd you get it. um... then i won a car and it was all over the place. one girl repeatedly told me i have a horseshoe up my a**. i told her i was really offended b/c i enter contests daily to win these things, they don't just fall in my lap. i don't talk so much anymore about my wins. people get so jealous. but i tell you what. i have passed along this website to so many people. they try it for 2 weeks, don't win anything, maybe a tshirt, then give up. so whatever. they see how much i win but too lazy. :rolleyes2