PDA

View Full Version : Instants vs Grand Prize entries....

durberville
January 29th, 2008, 8:17am
I've been sweeping for about a year and I'm still unsure of what to do with certain sweeps.

When you've won an instant prize and that's the limit - must you stop entering for the grand prize? Many times I'd like to put in more entries (especially if it's early in promotion) but I don't want to disqualify myself. What do you guys do? (Up to now, I've stop entering altogether which doesn't seem right.....)

Any opinions are appreciated. Thanks all! :D

caseycupcake
January 29th, 2008, 8:30am
If the rules say 1 instant prize per person, I stop entering after I win. True, you may be able to keep entering for the grand prize, but I don't. I'm usually happy to move on.

luv911fun
January 29th, 2008, 8:49am
depends on the rules. if the rules allow me, i keep on entering if i want the GP. if i only wanted the instant, then i stop. there are quite a few, however, that only allow one prize, even if its just a music download or something, and you cant keep trying for the bigger prizes.

bonnpenn
January 29th, 2008, 8:52am
It depends. If the rules say one prize per email/person/household, etc. I stop entering once I win the instant.

If it says one instant prize per e-mail and I win like a $1.99 download or something, I may keep entering for the Grand prize.

If I win a really nice instant then I may stop entering even if it states I can still qualify for the grand prize or if I can determine where the grand prize entry stops and the instant portion starts, etc.

It all depends on the sweep, rules, personal feelings, etc.

Most important read the rules so you don't DQ yourself. Sometimes I don't really want the GP and I am really trying to win a certain instant that I know I can use.

GLA:D

honeymom
January 29th, 2008, 10:04am
Sometimes the rules specify one instant win per person only. I still keep entering because it hasn't said that I cannot keep entering for the grand prize.

I don't worry as much as some people about the dq's. It seems that most of the prize systems out there will automatically throw out additional entries, but still keep the number of allowable entries.