PDA

View Full Version : Are men allowed to win prizes from Woman's Day/Lifetime?

elittle2004
January 28th, 2008, 11:36pm
Do men really win prizes from these sweeps? I enter may of the Womans Day/Lifetime sweeps because they frequently have good prizes that either me or my family could use. I haven't won anything from them. Maybe I don't follow all of the posts, but I don't recall ever seeing a man winning a prize from those sweeps. Any thoughts?

IplaymyGuitar
January 28th, 2008, 11:37pm
ive seen few winners regardless of gender

Globug_47
January 28th, 2008, 11:39pm
Those are hard sweeps to win regardless of gender.

They get hundreds of thousands entries into each sweep.

I've been entering them for 5 years without a win.

bakedalaska
January 28th, 2008, 11:46pm
only if you are gay.... :jump:

jazzyk55
January 28th, 2008, 11:47pm
Well i am not gay but just a fricken happy person and i have won from them. So i guess the answer would be yes. :)

captain_kirk24
January 28th, 2008, 11:50pm
I've won from the Woman's Day sweeps and other female oriented sites, and I'm male. I haven't won from Lifetime yet, though.

billbb
January 29th, 2008, 12:00am
Well i am not gay but just a fricken happy person and i have won from them. So i guess the answer would be yes. :)

Oh yeah right, you wear tube socks with stripes and say your not gay. I don't believe that.

Bill

Globug_47
January 29th, 2008, 12:03am
Oh yeah right, you wear tube socks with stripes and say your not gay. I don't believe that.

Bill

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I wasn't expecting that from you for some unholy reason!

Thanks for the chuckle and the mental image!

RockysJewel
January 29th, 2008, 12:07am
Don't feel bad I have been entering those sweeps 2 years longer than you and have never one from either one.
I have seen men post here many times about winnning make-up or a purse and how happy their wife or daughter would be with the win.

It happens.

leandrew
January 29th, 2008, 12:09am
I've seen a few male winners posted on Lifetime Television website!

elittle2004
January 29th, 2008, 12:13am
Usually the only Lifetime/Woman's Day I enter fall into 4 catergories:

1. Electronics- tv's, dvd players, ipods, speakers, cameras (both video and digital) printers, etc.
2. Cash Prizes- these are few.
3. Gift Cards - bascially any gift card.
4. Trips - As long as transportation is included and if it's not to a spa.

jazzyk55
January 29th, 2008, 12:16am

Bill

I thought that was only if you wore them wrong side out? I have been so confused ever since the earring thing came along. :worry:

fastfreddie1959
January 29th, 2008, 12:21am
But as of yet have never won anything from any female sweeps sites:sob:

tmills74
January 29th, 2008, 12:23am
I won a cheap looking bracelet a couple years back from Woman's Day. I still enter though.

sallykay
January 29th, 2008, 12:25am

I didn't know my husband was gay!:laugh: He won a Mother's Day sweep from Lifetime a few years bag. It was a nice, big denim tote bag & a $25 Lowe's card.

jazzyk55
January 29th, 2008, 12:25am
I have won way more female item's than i have male. I think somebody is trying to tell me something. Makeup, high heels, thongs, bra's. :worry: Thank goodness i have a wife and daughter to pass them onto or i would have to start looking for a new lifestyle. :laugh:

sallykay
January 29th, 2008, 12:27am

Bill

And, OMG, my husband would stll be wearing tube socks with stripes if we could find them! :wink4:We thought they quit making them! His all wore out! Or he'd still be wearing them!

Globug_47
January 29th, 2008, 12:28am
I have won way more female item's than i have male. I think somebody is trying to tell me something. Makeup, high heels, thongs, bra's. :worry: Thank goodness i have a wife and daughter to pass them onto or i would have to start looking for a new lifestyle. :laugh:

:laugh::laugh:

Sorry..... I just had a mental picture of you in make-up, high heels, thongs, bras and the striped tube socks.

You had me until I got to the tube socks.:tongue2:

jazzyk55
January 29th, 2008, 12:29am
And, OMG, my husband would stll be wearing tube socks with stripes if we could find them! :wink4:We thought they quit making them! His all wore out! Or he'd still be wearing them!

Psssttt. K-Mart....9.95 next to the Rainman undies. :cool2:

jazzyk55
January 29th, 2008, 12:31am
:laugh::laugh:

Sorry..... I just had a mental picture of you in make-up, high heels, thongs, bras and the striped tube socks.

You had me until I got to the tube socks.:tongue2:

I think only the anklets would go with that outfit but i could be wrong. :wink4:

RainGypsy
January 29th, 2008, 12:58am
Psssttt. K-Mart....9.95 next to the Rainman undies. :cool2:

K-mart sucks! :)

TeaAddict
January 29th, 2008, 5:36am
I don't think if matters if someone enters a sweep meant for women or guys. Maybe, they're entering it to win it for someone else in their life.

ironbutterfly
January 29th, 2008, 9:38am
I didn't know my husband was gay!:laugh: He won a Mother's Day sweep from Lifetime a few years bag. It was a nice, big denim tote bag & a $25 Lowe's card.

You know Sally I have heard that sometimes the wives are the last to know:D

jeepers
January 29th, 2008, 9:55am
I put in all big sweeps in Michael's name.
I'm on disability and can lose it if I win HUGE $$$.
He has yet to win, but he's certainly NOT gay.

What an odd statement to make. In all reality, I bet a lot of men put in these sweeps for their wives/s.o./mother/sister/aunt/daughter/etc.

Plus, they DO give away exercise equipment, trips, and what men wouldn't want either one? I'm soooo confused! I've also seen them give away cook books. I know LOTS of men who love to cook who are not gay. If fact, Michael's an excellent cook...

NetworkSweeper
January 29th, 2008, 10:01am
I enter them to give any prize to my wife, she doesn't enter sweeps much.

gonz78
January 29th, 2008, 10:11am
I enter so I can win stuff for my wife!

secular
January 29th, 2008, 10:48am

I think you should ditch the tube socks and buy these:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/lizdehart/pompom.jpg

Would go great with all the above ^^^^

birdpix
January 29th, 2008, 10:52am
Usually the only Lifetime/Woman's Day I enter fall into 4 catergories:

1. Electronics- tv's, dvd players, ipods, speakers, cameras (both video and digital) printers, etc.
2. Cash Prizes- these are few.
3. Gift Cards - bascially any gift card.
4. Trips - As long as transportation is included and if it's not to a spa.

Me too, and I've not won although DW has won small stuff before from them.

My luck, I'll win a yaers supply of tampons...:mm:

jafarhie
January 29th, 2008, 11:35am

Oh no you didn't, two snaps in a z formation. :laugh2:

Just joking. I've won two times from Women's Day, not very big wins. However, I knew once I started asking my girlfriend for her bra size it had to be a wrap on those. rotf!!

mgals
January 29th, 2008, 11:38am
yes.

sascha_b
January 29th, 2008, 12:57pm
Why does a mental picture of "Sweatin' with the Oldies" keep running through my head?!??:bhead: