PDA

View Full Version : TheCelebrityCafe.com - Warning Today

cbroth
January 28th, 2008, 9:59pm
Had a problem today while entering CelebrityCafe sweeps, a warning that code segments from cpxinteractive.com were tying to be downloaded. First time for me anyone else have this problem?,

coljim
January 28th, 2008, 10:09pm
No, I never have a problem with them.

prplrush
January 28th, 2008, 10:11pm
The only prob i have with them is not winning lol. Never anything like that though, and i've entered them a lot.

flared0ne
January 28th, 2008, 10:18pm
But it has been known to happen.

Whatever you do, don't TELL anybody about... it... Oh, darn. You have an umbrella?

Learn from history. Go back through old forum postings and -- um, wait... never mind.

It may not be a big deal. Sounds like you are reeeeally lucky you have some form of antivirus or firewall or (??) that blocked it.

You MIGHT want to search for "disable script execution" if you develop any ongoing hangups about taking advantage of the many many wonderful sweeps opportunities offered by TCC. They are a great sponsor. People actually win, every once in awhile -- about normal for a place that gets sooo much traffic, in many cases from around the world.

At least they seem to have gone through their adware "smiley icon banners" phase fairly quickly (this time)...

Good luck all around!

BentonWesley
January 28th, 2008, 10:20pm
I've never had any problems with their site.

SillyLilly
January 28th, 2008, 10:21pm
The last 2 times I was there I got some spyware. Luckily SpyBot caught it and deleted. Can't rmember the name of the spyware, sorry. If you have SpyBot or another program be sure to run it.

redfantum
January 28th, 2008, 10:33pm
If you run firefox, download the ad block plus add on. Puts a stop to all those nasty ads that might try to give you something, through no fault of the website you are on.

RockysJewel
January 28th, 2008, 10:34pm
Never have and I have an incredible firewall. NEver a warning either and I not only enter sweeps I post in their forums

kinchst
January 28th, 2008, 10:39pm
I haven't had a problem either.

tupik3702
January 28th, 2008, 10:46pm
:supstar: