PDA

View Full Version : My $100 Kewl Cash Check bounced.

katnscott
January 28th, 2008, 9:34pm
Not only have I lost the $100, but the bank charged me $10.

I know that there were lots of other winners. I didn't get mine to the bank until Jan 15th. Has anyone else had any trouble? I still had the email about the win, so I sent her an email yesterday. I have not heard anything yet. Does anyone have a phone number for Marden Kane?

Update:
Apparently my bank sent it to the Federal Reserve bank for payment when the should have sent it to HSBC. Marden Kane was very helpful and said that if my bank didn't make good they would. I guess that I will be making a visit to the bank tomorrow.

SillyLilly
January 28th, 2008, 9:41pm
You're kidding!!! I deposited mine on the 15th too, but it hasn't bounced yet. I just went online and checked my account to make sure. I use WaMu. I'd heard some banks were charging you if you deposit a check that bounces. Boy that sucks, how the heck are you supposed to know?

Hope you get it worked out, and hope it was an isolated incident.

pambanter
January 28th, 2008, 9:53pm
Yikes. I better check my account. I deposited mine on the 7th and so far it hasn't bounced. Keep us up to date on what they say, okay?

Stagemother
January 28th, 2008, 9:54pm
That is unbelievably bad. I sent you a PM with the name and direct number of the contact person. Hope she works it out for you real soon.

leandrew
January 28th, 2008, 9:58pm
I let a friend of mine, who owns several pawn shops here in Texarkana, AR cash mine! I hope mine doesn't bounce! That would really suck!!!! Has anyone else's $100 check bounced?!!! Feedback please!

MzAttitude
January 28th, 2008, 10:00pm
Oh that blows!! I just looked and I deposited mine on the 18th. So far it hasn't bounced.

Please keep us updated.

ajfuller
January 28th, 2008, 10:03pm
I haven't cashed mine yet, so please keep me updated.
I've been really lazy, and have a pile of checks to take to the bank, but if it is going to bounce I won't deposit that one.:shocked:

tupik3702
January 28th, 2008, 10:06pm
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Dawggy
January 28th, 2008, 10:07pm
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

uhhhhhhhh

sallykay
January 28th, 2008, 10:12pm
Ask the bank to waive the $10 fee. If they won't tell them you are taking your business elsewhere.

And, that sucks. Maybe it didn't actually bounce--one time we got a "bouncy" check, and it was because the place we wrote it at didn't endorse it, so it was returned! It really didn't bounce at all.

frogifer
January 28th, 2008, 10:14pm
OMG I better go check mine

pandka
January 28th, 2008, 10:21pm
I deposited mine on 1/07/08. So far, mine went through ok. I just double checked my bank statement.:confused:

kellywolfe
January 28th, 2008, 10:21pm
I cashed mine the day it came in the mail, and I have no knowledge of it bouncing but will check.

yadgirl
January 28th, 2008, 10:23pm
I'm sure you'll be hearing from them. Weird.

I've received expired gift cards before, but so far, no bounced checks.

elittle2004
January 28th, 2008, 11:38pm
I would seriously call a lawyer...no questions asked. I would also request another $100 certified check from them and a written promise that it wouldn't bounce again.

billbb
January 28th, 2008, 11:47pm
I would seriously call a lawyer...no questions asked. I would also request another $100 certified check from them and a written promise that it wouldn't bounce again.

Your joking right, A $2000.00 retainer fee for a $100.00 check, I doubt you could find a lawyer to do it on contingency, $33.00 for his share. She did right contacting the JA and I'm sure it will all get worked out without lawyers.

Bill

robsterclaw
January 29th, 2008, 12:09am
Your joking right, A $2000.00 retainer fee for a $100.00 check, I doubt you could find a lawyer to do it on contingency, $33.00 for his share. She did right contacting the JA and I'm sure it will all get worked out without lawyers.

Bill

LOL You won't get a lawyer to hand you a tissue for $33.:jackbox:

dopey
January 29th, 2008, 12:13am
They should send you a copy of the check, it's possible it wasn't an overdraft.

I deposited a check onece and the month was Written 07 for July and they read it as 01 for January and the bank didn't honor it because according to them it was 6 months old (it wasn't). Not only did they take the money for the check out of my account, they charged me a fee and that caused other checks to bounce.

I ended up being $150 in the hole, but when I went and talked to the bank they realised it was their mistake they took all the charges off .

Since nobody else's bounced it could be something else including a bank error.

mamacita11
January 29th, 2008, 12:15am
it would be funny if they ended up sending you another check plus the bank fee, maybe they will
oh noeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

fastfreddie1959
January 29th, 2008, 12:26am
New York Headquarters

36 Maple Place
Manhasset, NY 11030-1962
Email: expert@mardenkane.com
Phone: (516) 365-3999
Fax: (516) 365-5250

Company located in nassau county-LI-NY.

Pansy
January 29th, 2008, 12:30am
uhhhhhhhh

I think that was a joke reply. Just looking at the "red face" icon that was used. Not much of a win after all :laugh:

OP hope you get it straightened out soon.

sallykay
January 29th, 2008, 12:35am

Yup. :jump: Well, I would do that for free.:jackbox:

FreakDuJour
January 29th, 2008, 12:36am
uhhhhhhhh

can't help but snicker...

And this is crappy! I hope mine doesn't bounce!! I've got enough problems right now as it is...aieee
Sorry that happened to you. This is just something that should NOT happen with a huge corporation's sweeps :confused:

Stagemother
January 29th, 2008, 2:21pm
OP, please update us when you get an answer from M-K.

katnscott
January 29th, 2008, 5:22pm
According to Marden Kane my bank sent it to be paid by the Federal Reserve System when it should have been sent to the HSBC. I have never heard of HSBC, but I guess that I will be paying a visit to my bank!
Marden kane has been very helpful and said that if my bank refused to refund the $10 they would take care of it.

nsecrest
January 29th, 2008, 5:39pm
That is so NOT true!
I got one to hand me my underwear this morning and she didn't charge a cent.

yet...

kennys2006
January 29th, 2008, 5:42pm
According to Marden Kane my bank sent it to be paid by the Federal Reserve System when it should have been sent to the HSBC. I have never heard of HSBC, but I guess that I will be paying a visit to my bank!
Marden kane has been very helpful and said that if my bank refused to refund the $10 they would take care of it.

Good to hear! :)

HSBC is a bank.. www.hsbc.com

Congrats!

gemini lion
January 29th, 2008, 5:54pm

Your kidding right?

I agree with Sallykay...I wouldn't be happy with the bank for charging me. But you know how they love to do that.

Sorry that happened, hope you get it straightened out.

BentonWesley
January 29th, 2008, 8:53pm

Glad to hear this is being taken care of. BTW, HSBC is a popular bank here in upstate NY.

pambanter
January 29th, 2008, 8:59pm
HSCB or whatever doesn't use the federal reserve system? Or rather a check clearinghouse?

loreli
January 29th, 2008, 9:10pm
So, I'm not clear on this...was it resolved or not? Did they send you another check?

jafarhie
January 29th, 2008, 9:18pm
:dance::dance::dance::dance:

*dead* :rofl3:

BentonWesley
January 29th, 2008, 9:27pm
So, I'm not clear on this...was it resolved or not? Did they send you another check?

The bank screwed up. They sent it to the wrong place to be processed, and it got returned. The bank should make good on it (credit the account for the check plus the fee), but the sponsor said they would cover the fee if the bank didn't.

FreakDuJour
January 29th, 2008, 10:27pm
I believe I would switch banks :uhoh:

frogifer
January 30th, 2008, 8:56am
okay good I'm glad its resolved -- I'm going to deposit mine today!

Stagemother
January 30th, 2008, 4:22pm
OP, I'm so glad it's getting resolved. I would have been very surprised if you'd had any trouble from M-K, they've been wonderful to me. :cheer:

BTW, I agree with FreakDuJour. If I were you I'd take my banking business elsewhere.