PDA

View Full Version : Submit a comment, submit a comment...

bhjustice
January 28th, 2008, 5:01pm
Why oh why are so many sweeps going to submit a comment! Oh, for the good old days when I could just fill out a form!

Whine, whine, whine...

annulla
January 28th, 2008, 5:03pm
Oh, those the blog sweepstakes, right?

Yeah, they are annoying and a lot of effort. I've never heard of anyone who has won anything from a blog sweeps, either.

dmbsituation
January 28th, 2008, 5:03pm
They're wanting registration as well as page clicks to get paid by advertisements.

Fidget
January 28th, 2008, 5:04pm
arent you just essentially filling out a form for comment sweeps? just a simple Thank You in the comment area unless otherwise specified (like some that ask your favorite style or color of something)

bhjustice
January 28th, 2008, 5:05pm
Yes, it's a form, but for the most part they are so very slow and take more time. And I'm using Roadrunner...

aycorn
January 28th, 2008, 5:08pm
skip them.. you're not forced to enter a sweep

Fidget
January 28th, 2008, 5:09pm

Yeah, they are annoying and a lot of effort. I've never heard of anyone who has won anything from a blog sweeps, either.

wow really? Ive won a lot of stuff form blog sweeps! Actually several times I've won various kids clothing, baby supplies, etc

I love blog contests and I love to hold them when I can :supstar:

venus_de_milo
January 28th, 2008, 5:11pm
IMO they are no more effort than filling out any other form, but the Bloggy carnival ones do seem to be loading slowly today.

The prizes are relatively small but the odds seem to be good--many of the ones I am entering have only a few hundred entries.

And I seem to recall jennem posting that she has won quite of few of these. I haven't won any yet, but my turn's coming. Hopefully it comes when they pick the winner of that $100 Amazon gift certificate. :D

annulla
January 28th, 2008, 5:18pm
wow really? Ive won a lot of stuff form blog sweeps! Actually several times I've won various kids clothing, baby supplies, etc

I love blog contests and I love to hold them when I can :supstar:

I must have gone to the wrong blogs, then, 'cause I only entered a couple and gave up. OK, I'll try again, but no more entries at gaming blogs. :)

lifesfun
January 28th, 2008, 5:19pm
I don't mind submitting a comment, but I don't like having to log in all the time to do that. It's kind of a hassle just to get an entry.

jellosheriff
January 28th, 2008, 5:23pm
I won a dvd from a blog entry sweep.:cool2:
I still have to return the one I'd already bought before I found out I won it. LOL

Tarah716
January 28th, 2008, 5:23pm
Some of those blogs offer GREAT prizes - it is easier to use Robo yes, but if there's something I'm after, you bet I'll take more time out to do it.

The Seahorse Lady
January 28th, 2008, 5:26pm
I don't mind submitting a comment. I've won a few nice prizes from those types of contests. It only takes an additional minute to complete and if you look at the odds, they're pretty good. A lot of those contests usually only have a few hundred entries at most so it's worth the extra time to me which odds that good.

lakegirl25
January 28th, 2008, 5:30pm
Of course I am not one of them, but there are winners!

I always feel I want to say something of substance, and many people do not, and I often wonder who actually wins, those that say something meaningful or does it really not matter. That is where I feel I may be wasting my time, trying to think of something meaningful to say.

mlminwilm
January 28th, 2008, 5:35pm
Yea, what's their problem?!?!?!? :D

feta
January 28th, 2008, 5:47pm
Why oh why are so many sweeps going to submit a comment! Oh, for the good old days when I could just fill out a form!

Whine, whine, whine...

oh I hear ya!!!!
Those comment ones slowwww my pc usually to a snails pace or a halt
then those ones - make a video grrrrr It seems those ones are more and more common place

RockysJewel
January 28th, 2008, 6:04pm
HUH?? they are so easy and faster then a form. Once registered your name and email are there or you can ROBO and type thanks for a comment. SUPER DUPER fast and wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy less entries then 'regular sweeps' as peeps don't like them. OK by me!!

SanibelGirl
January 28th, 2008, 6:04pm
Most require them to be original comments, duplicate comments will be eliminated which makes it even harder to leave a comment and qualify.

RockysJewel
January 28th, 2008, 6:05pm
You can have a duplicate of another person just means you can't say Thanks every time you enter. Next one write Great prize next time say ohhhhhhh nice ! not hard really

Most require them to be original comments, duplicate comments will be eliminated which makes it even harder to leave a comment and qualify.

lazybonesd
January 28th, 2008, 6:06pm
They're a pain to load, but I won a jewelry making book from one of them.

SanibelGirl
January 28th, 2008, 6:07pm
You can have a duplicate of another person just means you can't say Thanks every time you enter. Next one write Great prize next time say ohhhhhhh nice ! not hard really

Thanks, I did not realize that. It always deterred me from entering because of they way I read their rule.

RockysJewel
January 28th, 2008, 6:10pm
Not ont he coment ones. They are easy just leave a comment. Like thanks for the prize. or Nice sweater. easy really

feta
January 28th, 2008, 6:16pm
HUH?? they are so easy and faster then a form. Once registered your name and email are there or you can ROBO and type thanks for a comment. SUPER DUPER fast and wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy less entries then 'regular sweeps' as peeps don't like them. OK by me!!

I dont have a paid' robo subscription- just get the 10 free they give you so that dont work for me, all my 10 are already filled

Fidget
January 28th, 2008, 6:19pm
I dont have a paid' robo subscription- just get the 10 free they give you so that dont work for me, all my 10 are already filled

but robo will fill in your name and email fields on many those sweeps for you, it's just like an entry form. Then you type

"thank you"

in the comment field and submit.

soooo easy

but please everyone, keep ignoring them because i like winning :loveu:

CheckedOut
January 28th, 2008, 6:21pm
though i did win one once, i usually skip them unless its something i really want.
my problem is that for some reason, they take forever to load the page
and then many require confirming through an email.. just a lot of work for a small
prize.

feta
January 28th, 2008, 6:25pm
but robo will fill in your name and email fields on many those sweeps for you, it's just like an entry form. Then you type

"thank you"

in the comment field and submit.

soooo easy

but please everyone, keep ignoring them because i like winning :loveu:

yea i know that but with a free' not paid' i only get 10 addresses/names to use and all 10 slots are used now - suppose I could delete one to make room but pretty much need the ones i have in use tho, ah well it's ok, they take forever to load for me so I usually just pass LOL

Fidget
January 28th, 2008, 6:28pm
yea i know that but with a free' not paid' i only get 10 addresses/names to use and all 10 slots are used now - suppose I could delete one to make room but pretty much need the ones i have in use tho, ah well it's ok, they take forever to load for me so I usually just pass LOL

feta... you just use your main pass card
you know how your name is up at the top? click it and it fills the form, just like robo always does. You dont need an individual passcard with your name unless you are saving a specific form.. you just use your general robo form filler... I have the same version you do..

Alimar
January 28th, 2008, 6:42pm
I don't like the ones where you have to leave your e-mail address on a public site...like I don't already get enough spam. Most of them aren't like that, but I entered one last week that required me to write my e-mail address in the comment. I really didn't want to give out my usual one, so I picked one I don't use that much but I still didn't like putting it out there...I also wrote it like username[at]myaddress[dot]com.

And I really don't like the ones where you have to put a link to them on your own blog and then leave a comment with a link to your blog... I have a blog but I don't like using it that way! Plus it's just a bunch of trouble, so I've only entered one of those.

feta
January 28th, 2008, 7:11pm
feta... you just use your main pass card
you know how your name is up at the top? click it and it fills the form, just like robo always does. You dont need an individual passcard with your name unless you are saving a specific form.. you just use your general robo form filler... I have the same version you do..

the 2 passcards usually have my sons and husbands name .. I dont want to keep changing the passcards and what not, too much hassle. Im not lucky at those comment entries or blogs so that's ok I just skip over them

mpumr
January 28th, 2008, 7:31pm
Ok, well y'all have piqued my interest! How do I find these blog sweeps? Do I put the word blog in search?

As always thanks for the handy tips!

ironbutterfly
January 28th, 2008, 8:00pm
I avoid them. I never take the time to investigate the site, so say I don't want to provide site traffic to things I don't like. I would like people to get accurate gauges of how cool a blog is by real justified traffic not just thousands of people trying to win something for free........

Not sure if that makes sense to anyone but me.

luchar
January 28th, 2008, 8:42pm
I hear the frustrations - but I'll tell you when you submit a comment and someone actually reads it and responds it makes you feel like someone actually is listening

jennem
January 29th, 2008, 12:16pm
I've never heard of anyone who has won anything from a blog sweeps, either.

I've won six times, starting in September.

--Just Write - August Giveaway: DVD Early Start Mandarin Chinese with Bao Bei the Panda
--Mamanista! - Skimbaco Giveaway: Lelli Kelly or Tsukihoshi kids' shoes
--TV Squad - Grey's Anatomy DVD Giveaway: Grey's Anatomy Season 3 DVD (ARV $60).
--GoodyBlog - Shrek Cookbook Giveaway: Shrek Cookbook (ARV $18).
--TV Squad - Numb3rs DVD Giveaway: Numb3rs Season 3 DVD (ARV $48.99).
--eMomsAtHome.com: The Hoax DVD (ARV $30).

Jerrysgirl
January 29th, 2008, 12:21pm

Whine, whine, whine...

Totally agree with you!!! Besides, I don't think your whining!!!! You have a very valid complaint!!!

jennem
January 29th, 2008, 2:57pm
Totally agree with you!!! Besides, I don't think your whining!!!! You have a very valid complaint!!!

I really don't think it's a valid complaint. Anyone who offers a sweepstakes is doing US a favor. Whatever requirements they have, it's rather unsporting for us to complain about their FREE offer unless they are asking for something that's just completely out of line, illegal, dangerous, etc.

If the sponsor prefers to read comments from entrants, or to make sure the entrant spends a little more time at their page, why should we whine about it?

IMO, enter or move on. What I'm REALLY sick of is seeing a green Note number under a blog sweep, and clicking it expecting something important, only to read someone's personal comment about how they hate this kind of sweep or don't enter them. Now THAT is something to whine about. This person (unlike the sweeps holder) is wasting my time while offering absolutely nothing in return.

Complaining about it in the Forums is different, that's the right place for venting. But really I don't see why it's even worth the energy. Enter or don't. It's fast enough either way and the sponsor is asking for nothing inappropriate or even all that difficult.

SulaDuck
January 29th, 2008, 6:30pm
I enter from a few of the "post a comment" sites ~ and have won from two of them. Those have been beauty/fashion sites. But I don't comment on things for which I have no experience or interest.

NightElf
January 29th, 2008, 7:37pm
I don't like these kinds of blogs where the owner decides to squeeze all kind of information on ONE page. Makes computer running slowly and people getting more frustrated. Poor folks on dial up