PDA

View Full Version : Time?

HeySharon
January 28th, 2008, 2:31pm
Hey All.
I have a question. How do you guys find the time and motivation to enter sweepstakes, when you work, go school and etc? I'm finding it very hard, and I haven't entered any in months.

Thanks.

ktgonyea
January 28th, 2008, 2:35pm
I really find that I don't need any motivation - sweeping is a hobby to me and I treat it like any other hobby - I do it when I have time, and when I don't have time, I don't fret over it.

fastfreddie1959
January 28th, 2008, 2:40pm
It's a hobby and i have nothing else better to do.:dance:
This is what you do when your old-retired & crabby:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cusmile
January 28th, 2008, 2:42pm
But, I usually grab the computer and coffee first thing and try to ENTER for a least an hour. Then vote.

Since I am disabled, some days I can spend longer...others I am able to get about and catch up on my priorities of cleaning, working on my resale biz and RE.

At least a half an hour...you can get your numbers up there enough to start winning again.

April1p
January 28th, 2008, 2:48pm
I had a lot of problems entering on a regular basis before this past October, when I was working. I never did my dailies on a daily basis...lol. I am on my second foot surgery; I had the last one this past Thursday and am laid up from that, so I have all the time in the world. When I hopefully do go back to work I will fit it in when I have the time or on my days off. Sometimes it can get tedious, but you cant win if you don't enter.

grandma44
January 28th, 2008, 2:51pm
Sweeping is just a cool hobby for me and if I'm not motivated to do them on a particular day, I skip them. If I wasn't doing sweeps, what would I be doing? Probably watching t.v. (which I rarely do) or doing tons more housework etc. To me, it's an enjoyable hobby with great perks to share with my family and friends.

I also work full-time and spends tons of time with my kids and grandkids in addition to daily chores, paying bills, buying groceries etc. Sweeping is my "ME time". If it's an effort, then this isn't the hobby for you!!! Or you could enter sweeps on a smaller scale - some days just do the "expiring tomorrow sweeps" or a few instants. One thing I do know...when some surprise wins show up on my doorstep, it's a really neat feeling and well worth the extra time entering sweeps!! Good luck in whatever you decide!!:gvibes::gvibes:

pambanter
January 28th, 2008, 2:56pm
Well, I am disabled and retired so I really kinda consider this my job. I win quite a little bit and since I concentrate mostly on the single entries, I seldom feel bogged down.

lifesfun
January 28th, 2008, 2:59pm
I try to squeeze in as many sweeps as I can, but I feel like sweeping is pulling me away from more important things I need to be doing. It would seem worth the time if I won something big but lately I've just been winning small stuff so in a way I'm wasting my time.

risavjl
January 28th, 2008, 3:03pm
I stopped entering after three years last year. Took it back up in August. Now all I do is the expiring sweeps for the day, and the new sweeps from the day before. I'm fairly selective, and don't find many sweeps that turn me on anymore. So, it only takes me about a half hour a day to get those done.

Good Luck!!

Lorren
January 28th, 2008, 3:08pm
My husband lost his job in December so this is a part-time job to me. In between homeschooling and taking care of two kids. Sweeping helps us have things that we can't afford to buy, and sometimes things that we need to buy (like diapers).

jenniferceline
January 28th, 2008, 3:09pm
I work full-time at Microsoft, so sweepstaking is definitely a part-tme hobby for me. Sometimes I'll get a few done on my lunch break (like right now), but I usually get most of mine done in the evenings when I get home from work. It takes a LOT of time, but it does pay off. I'm definitely a computer person who feels comfortable spending lots of time on my computer, so I don't mind it at all.

denise1070
January 28th, 2008, 3:20pm
I enter at work on slow days or during my lunch hour. I rarely have time to enter at home though. :-)

I don't enter daily sweeps unless they are instants. I do better with single entry sweeps.

HeySharon
January 28th, 2008, 3:51pm
Thanks! I'm gonna put aside an hour to enter sweeps, it'll be my "me time". Thanks :)

husseeeeee
January 28th, 2008, 3:58pm
i'm a tv addict - and i'm fine admitting it - and now i've gotten to the point i just sit on the couch watching tv with my laptop - thank god for roboform

snowluvnferret
January 28th, 2008, 4:07pm
I spend about an hour a day I'd guess. I only enter dailies if it's something I really want, otherwise I hit the expires for the day and leave it at that. I don't do my dailies everyday tho. Right now we have tons of snow, so I'm not motivated to leave the house except for work.

duknuk
January 28th, 2008, 4:08pm
When I don't have the time, I go here ...

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Central/d/-6/java

:grin5:

pambanter
January 28th, 2008, 4:22pm
OP, if you enjoy sweeping and want to win at all, just do whatever single entries you can fit into your day, and especially around the first, fifteenth and last day of the month.

linda54
January 28th, 2008, 4:28pm
I work alot of hours and can't enter at work because they have this web site blocked, when I get home I am too tired to enter. I use to post alot but haven't felt like doing that much either.

vegas1
January 28th, 2008, 4:33pm
I usually enter after work-- late at night while DH is watching TV.

mlminwilm
January 28th, 2008, 4:33pm
Regardless of how much I have going on, I always make "me time". Then is usually when I enter sweeps.

Jennifer
January 28th, 2008, 4:46pm
Motivation comes from the stream of wins that come in. Finding the time to enter happens early in the morning before school or in the late evening before bed. It only takes me an hour to enter all of my sweeps, so it's not a huge chunk of time.

BentonWesley
January 28th, 2008, 4:57pm
Since I'm physically unable to work, this is my "job". I stay motivated knowing that anything I win is a contribution to the house.

auctions
January 28th, 2008, 5:14pm
oh this is pathetic to actually write down...
When I started sweeping, I was basicaly a stay at home mom, had plenty of time
Then I got a job and started waking up at 6am to sweep.
Then I got a promotion and now I have to wake up at 4 or 4:30am to sweep.
LOL, me,,,,waking up at 4am....If I put it off till the afternoon or evening it would never get done. If I sleep in and don't do it I feel nervous and out of wack all day.
4 am is really early.
Jenn

The Seahorse Lady
January 28th, 2008, 5:22pm
Entering sweeps is a hobby for me as well as good mental therapy. I can enter sweeps and get my mind away from other things. I never force myself to enter. If I feel like entering (which is usually always) then I do and if I don't feel up to it then I let it pass.

The only way to win is to enter but have fun doing it. I like to listent to music while I';m sweeping. It relaxed me.

I hope that the sweepstakes fairy smiles on you soon and that some nice wins come your way.

Good luck and keep entering!

Nana*2*4
January 28th, 2008, 5:40pm
I work from Home, so it's quite easy for me. My job requires me to answer the phone, so while I watch TV & Sweep, I work too!!

Globug_47
January 28th, 2008, 5:40pm
I retired last year and have a lot of time on my hands. But before that, I would set aside an hour or two every evening or early in the morning to enter my sweeps.

I guess I'm fortunate that I no longer have any children living at home to have to tend to because I think that would make sweeping difficult for me.

I find that now that I am older, I tend to be a very early riser ( I only sleep about 3 hours a night these days), so I get my sweeps done in the wee hours of the morning which leaves me the rest of the day to do what I need to do.

lifesfun
January 29th, 2008, 2:39am
When I don't have the time, I go here ...

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Central/d/-6/java

:grin5:

:laugh: We have a comedian amongst us.