PDA

View Full Version : Winning phone calls

secular
January 28th, 2008, 12:37pm
Quite a few contests have specified that they will only place one call to a winner with no message and move on to another name.
My question is: Is there a time of day winning phone calls are usually made? When have you recieved your winning call?

jadedone
January 28th, 2008, 12:54pm
I've only had two winning phone calls since I started sweeping but both of those did come at about the same time of day, mid afternoon.

havinfunyet
January 28th, 2008, 1:00pm
my husband got a winning phone call around 2pm no message I called him he called back and he missed a 2 day trip to florida because she had moved on. Was very sad for a long time :(

NJsunbunny
January 28th, 2008, 1:31pm
My last winning phone call was at 7:30 am - talk about eye opening!!!

:jackbox:

greenvillechick
January 28th, 2008, 1:44pm
My call for my trip win was at 8:30 am, I was sick and didn't answer the phone, she left a message and I called her back and all was well....lol...:jump:

anny31
January 28th, 2008, 1:48pm
was for in the loop contest. called at 1030a. was listed as unavailable. if i wouldnt have answered they would have went to the next person.

deangt
January 28th, 2008, 1:50pm
Central time from a lady in in New York - 10:30 pm eastern - for a HOF trip a couple of years ago

Tricia316
January 28th, 2008, 1:57pm
I have recieved winning phone calls in the morning, in the afternoon and the evening. Depends on what time zone they are calling from sometimes!

Good luck! Always answer your phone! Worse case scenario is you say, "No thank you, please do not call me again"!

Tricia

Christine1225
January 28th, 2008, 2:04pm
I once got a winning phone call at 6:30pm on a friday.

HYDEIST
January 28th, 2008, 2:18pm
The winning phone call is the one notification I've never experienced.
I've been through the email notification, the email affidavit that has to be printed and faxed,
the mailed affidavit, the surprise win and the slightly crumpled letter stating my prize will arrive in 2 months.

But I've never gotten the phone call. If I ever get a winning phone call, I'll finally feel like I've arrived. That's the one sweeper merit badge I'm missing.:sumo:

Lorren
January 28th, 2008, 2:22pm
Good luck! Always answer your phone! Worse case scenario is you say, "No thank you, please do not call me again"!

Tricia

... or if bill collectors call and you don't have money, ask "who is this?" before you tell them they're home, and if they say "bill collectors" oh that person's not here...

jackie241
January 28th, 2008, 2:29pm
My son and I both received our calls in the evening.I've yet to get a call during regular daytime hours.

arny
January 28th, 2008, 3:19pm
I had a winning phone message left on my answering machine..which came at 10 am..bad thing is I work most of the day so who knows if I missed a call or not..
I was lucky they left a message and return number.

deesbree
January 28th, 2008, 3:45pm
I don't know about the ones Ive missed but have had 2 that left a message. Warner Brothers leaves a message.:gvibes: