PDA

View Full Version : FilmJabber Announcement: Please re-enter contests as soon as possible

fastfreddie1959
January 26th, 2008, 6:30pm
I wanted to let you know that due to a technical glitch in our systems, some recent contest entries, dating back to the beginning of January 2008, were not recorded correctly. As a result, I cannot guarantee that every one of your entries was properly recorded.

As a result, I invite you to please return to the FilmJabber contest section and re-enter any contest available on the website. I have also extended the end dates for contests that recently closed to give you another chance at winning - they will expire from January 31st to February 2nd, so make sure to enter now!

I have 24 open giveaways at the moment, so don't delay.

And, of course, I apologize for this huge inconvenience. I have fixed the problem and it will not happen again. On another note, I have selected winners from many of the December contests and will be sending out prizes (about 30 DVDs and then some) over the next week.

Thanks for your understanding,

Erik Samdahl
FilmJabber
http://www.filmjabber.com/

Sweethart79
January 26th, 2008, 6:38pm
I got this email and I've never entered a single thing at film jabber.....hmmmm

tofu
January 26th, 2008, 6:46pm
Ditto here...I didn't even have a log-in set up at FilmJabber and got the e-mail at TWO different e-mail addresses...very odd...

Oh, wait...this answers where they got our info:

it says on site Formerly Movie-Source.com!

Sweethart79
January 26th, 2008, 6:52pm
well that answers that....

....must...READ...not....SKIM! :bhead: :laugh:

GreenMountainBoy
January 26th, 2008, 6:52pm
Sounds fishy to me.

jolee62
January 26th, 2008, 6:53pm
I got the email too

fastfreddie1959
January 26th, 2008, 6:59pm
It came it my yahoo-E-Mail.
But i use Gmail for sweeping so yeah this is strange.:confused:

mmar6270
January 26th, 2008, 7:09pm
uh oh ...I got email too and i reentered some contests ...should i be nervous? I know it says i have been doing this a long time but i got really only started this year soo i dont know alot about the possible scam stuff...i also dont know how to find my old replys to threads!!I feel silly but i am still a neophyte in many ways with this sweep stuff...but i do love it...and freddy i sure learn sooo much from reading your threads..thank you for all the great info...m

Stagemother
January 26th, 2008, 7:27pm
I got the email, too. I didn't recognize any of the sweeps on their site but I went ahead and entered one I'd like to win. It seemed a little strange but I know I've entered sweeps at their site under the old MovieSource name so I'm not worried about it at all. Just another weird Sweep Thing.

WillowSnap
January 26th, 2008, 7:39pm
Did you notice the contests on the site (right hand side) were for sweepsadvantage?
PS - I didn't enter this one either and I got the email

RockysJewel
January 26th, 2008, 7:49pm
I got it and I have entered their sweeps before. those that say they haven't must have and just forgot

scrunquist
January 26th, 2008, 7:49pm
Got the e-mail also and entered all the contests. Was that bad? Uh-oh, now I'm nervous....and now I'm not, because I have such a short memory, or ADD. Look at that squirrel! Happy sweeping everybody!:cheer3:

n2deep2quit
January 26th, 2008, 7:55pm
I got it, too. I'm not sure if I've entered from them or not (but I'm 95% sure I've entered through Movie-Source). I didn't do it, though.

Boo-hoo, I'm confused.

clh
January 26th, 2008, 8:00pm
I got the e-mail and had never entered from them. Hmmmm!!

djr58
January 26th, 2008, 8:00pm
Yes, I got the email and I've also entered a few of their contests before.
I used my normal log-in and it went straight through.
Had I not already been a member it would have taken me to a registration page.

I went ahead and re-entered and had no problems.

Iona256
January 26th, 2008, 8:08pm
I checked MySweeps and have entered some of their contests. So I went in and re-entered the ones I was interestesd in, but I did it from MySweeps rather than using the email. They are all 1x and I didn't get any error messages. As far as I can tell it's legit.

Lorren
January 26th, 2008, 8:22pm
I know that I've entered from them, so I reentered all the ones I was interested in.

They just changed their name a few weeks ago, so perhaps that's my so many people are unfamiliar with them :-)

HoneyDo
January 26th, 2008, 8:22pm
I wanted to let you know that due to a technical glitch in our systems, some recent contest entries, dating back to the beginning of January 2008, were not recorded correctly. As a result, I cannot guarantee that every one of your entries was properly recorded.

As a result, I invite you to please return to the FilmJabber contest section and re-enter any contest available on the website. I have also extended the end dates for contests that recently closed to give you another chance at winning - they will expire from January 31st to February 2nd, so make sure to enter now!

I have 24 open giveaways at the moment, so don't delay.

And, of course, I apologize for this huge inconvenience. I have fixed the problem and it will not happen again. On another note, I have selected winners from many of the December contests and will be sending out prizes (about 30 DVDs and then some) over the next week.

Thanks for your understanding,

Erik Samdahl
FilmJabber

crackercrumb
January 26th, 2008, 9:06pm
got it to.
just started sweeping again.
so, i re-entered the ones i was interested in.

no biggie.

angie2077
January 27th, 2008, 12:08am
:twoclap:I Receive The Same Email I Just Enter All Of Them Again Good Luck To Everyone:smile7:

The Seahorse Lady
January 27th, 2008, 12:20am
I also got an email today and thought is was very thoughtful of them to send out. I entered all of them again.

Thanks for the heads up.

awkward
January 27th, 2008, 12:32am
I got the email, too. I didn't recognize any of the sweeps on their site but I went ahead and entered one I'd like to win. It seemed a little strange but I know I've entered sweeps at their site under the old MovieSource name so I'm not worried about it at all. Just another weird Sweep Thing.

I entered with them when they were MovieSource as well. If you are concerned, search expired sweeps for MovieSource and check if you entered. Good luck everyone.

sweepluvr
January 27th, 2008, 12:33am
I had a email in my yahoo acct. also and I DID NOT PUT THAT DOWN. So I don't know what is going on but I did go back into the site and re entered again..

Just weird how you enter a sweep and just put down one email and then before you know it they know your otherone...

GeekBearingGifts
January 27th, 2008, 12:34am
I checked MySweeps and have entered some of their contests. So I went in and re-entered the ones I was interestesd in, but I did it from MySweeps rather than using the email. They are all 1x and I didn't get any error messages. As far as I can tell it's legit.

I did it the same way.

They just changed their name a few weeks ago, so perhaps that's my so many people are unfamiliar with them :-)

That's right. The site used to be called Movie-Source.com.

LUCKYLADY43
January 27th, 2008, 12:45am
Yeah I Got This Too .darla But I Was Signed Up Thru Movie Source

cocaboo
January 28th, 2008, 10:58pm
Hi everyone,

This is Erik Samdahl, who runs FilmJabber (formerly known as Movie-Source.com). If you received that email, it was because you had entered a Movie-Source.com contest at some point over the last few months or so. Sorry if there was any confusion or concerns; the email and announcement were legit.

I did send out an announcement at the beginning of January discussing the change from Movie-Source.com to FilmJabber, but judging from the response to that initial announcement compared to this most recent one, most people didn't get the message.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at http://www.filmjabber.com/contact/

Also, if you participated in a Movie-Source.com contest but are not yet a FilmJabber member (or don't want to be), don't worry - you aren't subscribed to a spam list. That was the last email I plan on sending "in bulk" to past visitors. Unless you opt in to the newsletter, I have no intentions of sending out extra emails unless another major bug is found (hopefully that won't be the case, though).

Hope this clears things up!

Erik
FilmJabber

cocaboo
January 28th, 2008, 10:59pm
BTW, for those of you wondering how I got your "other email address", the only way is that if you entered a sweepstakes with that email address at some point in the past. Sorry to disappoint, but I don't have a magical way to track down your other email addresses. :o)

Erik
FilmJabber

cocaboo
January 28th, 2008, 11:03pm
Sorry for all the posts... the text link for Sweepstakes Advantage is just an ad - I will look into making it clearer that it is an ad. FilmJabber is not affiliated with Sweepstakes Advantage.

Erik
FilmJabber