PDA

View Full Version : prize notification question

viojive
January 25th, 2008, 6:46pm
Hello everyone!

I am not a consistent sweeper, but I have won a few prizes in which I was notified via email. They came with a "CONGRATULATIONS" in the title and an attachment of an affidavit. So since then I have been looking for certain keywords in the subject line that may give me an idea of what I should read and what I should delete.

HOWEVER, I just checked my email and on a whim I opened an email from Logitech. The subject was "Logitechs Bundle and Win Contest". At first I just thought it was a thank you/confirmation email and almost deleted it, but when I opened it I realized I had won two movie passes!! I guess this was an instant but I never got the "win" screen when I was playing which is also strange.

So my question is: What usually comes in the subject line for you when you are notified of a win via email:magic:???

butlori
January 25th, 2008, 6:53pm
A recent one said "[name of contest] winner," others have said "Congratulations..." or "You've won..." - so basically the same thing the spam emails say. Yet another said "Re: Hanes" and was a win from an email entry sweep I had done. So unless you know what an email with a vague subject line says (such as an acknowledgment email you get every day from a daily), I would look at all of them before deleting.

mariebow
January 25th, 2008, 7:03pm
Righttttt!:fairy3:

Mamajama
January 25th, 2008, 7:05pm
Hello everyone!

I am not a consistent sweeper, but I have won a few prizes in which I was notified via email. They came with a "CONGRATULATIONS" in the title and an attachment of an affidavit. So since then I have been looking for certain keywords in the subject line that may give me an idea of what I should read and what I should delete.

HOWEVER, I just checked my email and on a whim I opened an email from Logitech. The subject was "Logitechs Bundle and Win Contest". At first I just thought it was a thank you/confirmation email and almost deleted it, but when I opened it I realized I had won two movie passes!! I guess this was an instant but I never got the "win" screen when I was playing which is also strange.

So my question is: What usually comes in the subject line for you when you are notified of a win via email:magic:???

Same thing happened to me. It almost got deleted! I had no idea I won.

:sweat:

judis121
January 25th, 2008, 7:07pm
Hi..your a day late and dollar short....seriously, you missed yesterday where we or many of us got the same e-mail, I don't know how to look back or where to direct you to look, cause I am new, but I bet you know where to look, it went on for sometime about I won, I won too etc...lol
Congrats, anyway on your win it was a :cheer4:me too!
Judi

viojive
January 25th, 2008, 7:09pm
oops ! I don't really post much so I guess I missed that but I don't feel so dumb now!

Mamajama
January 25th, 2008, 7:10pm
FYI - I deleted a winning email from Voxpop back in Sept. The subject line did not have "you won" or "congratulations." What a bummer!

:sob:

RockysJewel
January 25th, 2008, 7:13pm
There is no standard way the emails inform of wins. I wish there were it would make it so much nicer. Some don't look like wins at all and look like a newsletter.

Others say dumb things like LOOKY HERE I would generally just delete an email that says that for a subject title but nope was a win notice.

CONGRATS on your win !!!

EllaBarns
January 25th, 2008, 7:19pm
I usually see something like "you are a winner in the _____ sweeps." Not always the case though, as everyone knows!

To make things easier on myself, I use gmail and set the filter so that it sends all emails containing the words, "congratulations" "winner" "won" ... then all the emails sent under that label get thoroughly read just in case... There are flaws in my system I am sure, but it works.

lakegirl25
January 25th, 2008, 7:21pm
my winning emails usually come from an actual person not the company, meaning the sender's actual name versus the name of the company.

As I scroll down my list of emails, I tend to always open the ones that come from a person. Many times it is still junk, but that is also sometimes a clue that it is more than spam or an acknowledgement or advertisement.

For example, email sender is John Martin instead of sender being Virgin Atlantic (just an example here!)

Hope this helps a little. But not always the case......:smile11:

miranda_e19
January 25th, 2008, 7:44pm
I bet I've thrown so many winning notices in my trash :(

tamaram1120
January 25th, 2008, 7:52pm
Let's list some of the key words to search for those winning emails. I always use

"WINNER"
"CONGRATULATIONS"
"YOU WON"

What are some other words I should be searching?

Jennifer
January 25th, 2008, 8:07pm
Never go by just what's in the title of an email. Perform searches in the body of messages for terms like:

"congratulations"
"Congrats"
"eprize"
"Fulfillment"
"affidavit"
"winner"
"won"

You can't really miss with those terms. A winning email will have one of those words in it. Now words like "won" and "winner" are kind of vague, but at least it will narrow down your email to those that contain that word. Then you'll just have to sift through the ones that are saying somebody else won something.

Every winning email I have ever received contained at least one of those words, so you can't go wrong with those search terms.

Not all wins have an obvious subject line!

*Harriett*
January 25th, 2008, 8:46pm
Another key that people overlook is a loyt of subjects will name the contest and that is it. I always open those.

Ex.
Subject: XXXXX Contest

lisacna
January 26th, 2008, 4:19pm
Oh thanks so much for posting this! I just set my email filters--hopefully that will help me sort. I hadnt even thought about it till you all posted! Great Idea

luchar
January 26th, 2008, 9:24pm
Once I see the subject line I will check the source on internet explorer - sometimes this will eliminate the spam pretty fast

Terigirl
January 27th, 2008, 12:51pm
LOL!!! Not more than 5 minutes ago, I posted a question in the Premiums forum asking them about a Logitech win. I got the same thing! And like you, I almost deleted it! I never saw a winning screen either. Congrats to us both! :)

traceme
January 27th, 2008, 1:03pm
Never go by just what's in the title of an email. Perform searches in the body of messages for terms like:

"congratulations"
"Congrats"
"eprize"
"Fulfillment"
"affidavit"
"winner"
"won"

You can't really miss with those terms.

This is exactly what I do. There are a few extra words here that I never thought of, so for that, I thank you Miss Jennifer!!