PDA

View Full Version : Do you have "deals" made with friends/family/coworkers on wins?

husseeeeee
January 24th, 2008, 3:14pm
I have a deal with my friends/family/coworkers on wins so they don't pick on me about my hobby :-)

If I win a trip to a sports event of any kind - Anthony has first dibs on going.

If I win a trip to anything hollywood/entertainment related - Nicole has first dibs on going.

If I win just a vacation - my friends Scott or Amy have first dibs on going.

This is what a single girl with 9 cats does - hahaha - I have no husband or boyfriend - so my friends get lucky!

Now if I could just actually WIN something!

Just wondered if anybody else has this sort of deal set up or thought up!?!

birdpix
January 24th, 2008, 3:21pm
nothing I would admit to them ahead of time, just in case...

BUT if it were a certain golf, football or hunting oriented win or trip, at least one of my 3 BIL's would be very happy as they are all more into most of that than I am. (they all married farmers daughters as well, but still live near the farm rather that grabbing the bride and keeping her in the big city :wink3:)

If it had anything to do with Dancing With The Stars, or actually dancing in general, chances are very high my mom would be coming along as that's her life passion.

Globug_47
January 24th, 2008, 3:26pm
That's really cute!

I guess I've never thought about it.... but since I have a large family, I might just do that.

DH has first dibs on any golfing trips that I win.... but other than that, I think it's who I think will enjoy and get the most out of the trip.

Hope you win a great trip!

cyt
January 24th, 2008, 3:28pm
Since we have 2 kids I hardly ever enter a trip for 2. It just wouldn't feel right leaving someone behind. I did enter once for a trip for 1 for my hubby to fish....and he WON! :pinkie:

husseeeeee
January 24th, 2008, 3:47pm
I enter all the vacations unless they involve car racing or video games - i have friends with kids that i could take with me and i love vacations. I don't even care if they say transportation not included - cuz dude - the hotel and stuff to do is always $2000+ and that's that much i don't have to spend. I'll buy a plane ticket to miami if the rest is free!

Aurio
January 24th, 2008, 4:22pm
My husband knows I'll share whatever I win with him (he actually enjoyed the trip to Hawai'i I won) but he STILL complains about me losing my time filling sweepstakes...not happy here :sob:

newkidney22602
January 24th, 2008, 4:29pm
Not really, Dh would go on any trip, unless it was a women only, then its mom or sister. Any kid thing like an xbox or something would go to my nieces and nephews. Thats about it.

Kayte71
January 24th, 2008, 5:06pm
BF gets first dibs--he is actually greedier than I am about giving wins away. He would probably want to go on any free trip--even if it was somewhere he wasn't excited about, just because it is a win.My mom is in line next for any Broadway trips-- she loves theater as much as I do.My sister LOVES celeb gossip and meeting famous people so she would be super fun to go on any award show trip. I think the real problem would be a 4 person trip because everybody would want to go with us and there would be hurt feelings somewhere. We have already talked about if it is a romantic trip of( any kind spa or HI) and it was a 4 person trip, we wouldn't tell anyone and just go by ourselves.:love:

ResourcePress
January 24th, 2008, 7:57pm
If I win a trip to a sports event of any kind - Anthony has first dibs on going.
If I win a trip to anything hollywood/entertainment related - Nicole has first dibs on going.

I have a hubby but I have a similar list.
Patriots game/trip, then husband.
Paris trip, husband.
Ireland trip, my daughter.
Car, my son.
Red Sox tix/trip, my sister.

Cash, it depends how much I win, but I have a plan.

shoppinqueen
January 24th, 2008, 8:23pm
I win it,sell it,pack it up,ship it... the family spends the proceeds.

mlminwilm
January 24th, 2008, 8:42pm
Nope sorry, they are mine, ALL MINE!!! :D

nettester
January 24th, 2008, 8:47pm
DH gets all electronics gift cards, Best Buy, etc, and any electronic items like the Ipod docking station that just came in the mail, plus all cash wins first go to pay taxes on any trip wins. Oh, and he usually is the only one that fits into the occasional T-Shirt win.

DDs get all the kid stuff, plus small trinket wins like bean bag cows, goldfish wallets, keychains, etc.

My mom gets first dibs to go with me on any spa or girlie trips for 2 that aren't kid or family oriented

My company Christmas party's white elephant gift exchange always gets the anything crazy or that doesn't interest me.

That's it, since I've cut down quite a bit on entering for smaller prizes last year!

nettester
January 24th, 2008, 8:52pm
My husband knows I'll share whatever I win with him (he actually enjoyed the trip to Hawai'i I won) but he STILL complains about me losing my time filling sweepstakes...not happy here :sob:

Sounds EXACTLY like my DH! He also enjoyed our trip to Florida last year, but still doesn't like my sweeping hobby. I have cut down on entering for smaller things, but I'm not going to quit altogether. Ya know, it only motivates me to try and win more when he gripes. Don't let him getcha down!

TawnyNY
January 24th, 2008, 8:57pm
I have a deal with my friends/family/coworkers on wins so they don't pick on me about my hobby :-)

This is what a single girl with 9 cats does - hahaha - I have no husband or boyfriend - so my friends get lucky!

Now if I could just actually WIN something!

Just wondered if anybody else has this sort of deal set up or thought up!?!

Well, yea I do but there still ends up to be hurt feelings when I ask one and not the other.

I'm in the same boat-no man, kids, parents-just furkids and lots of nieces, nephews, and siblings, and believe me they all want to get to go. Couple close girlfriends too.

But then I got to thinking, everyone wants to be my first choice, but I know I would not be anyone's first choice if they won!:cry2:

TawnyNY
January 24th, 2008, 9:00pm
Oh, I take that back- I'm one of those hateful sweepers who enters for other people and my niece won a trip to NY and asked me to go and another niece asked me to go to Dancing With The Stars when she won (couldn't go). My brother won a trip for 4 to Universal Orlando and took me too.

But if they win, it's not required to take me unless it's a big trip to like the Superbowl or Grammys or Oscars.

lalise
January 24th, 2008, 9:06pm
If hubby doesn't want to go I would ask a friend or familly, if they can afford it ,to pay half the tax and come along.:toss:

Nubbs820
January 24th, 2008, 9:46pm
The only plan I have for sweeps is when I win HGTV dream home. After I sell it, I'm going to hand out Turkeys and Hams to families for Thanksgiving and Xmas and make up some VERY nice BIG gift bags for children who are less fortunate.